GameFly Xbox 360 & PS3 Used Game Sale With Free Shipping

Thanks for this thread, CAG. Finally picked up Wolverine for PS3. I've been wanting that one since release, but just couldn't get myself to pay the full 60 for it, so $15 is a much nicer price.

Also, how is Gamefly's shipping? If it shipped today to NY, how long would does someone think it will take?

Their shipping is pretty fast. I've received orderswithin 2-3 days.

Batman: Arkham Asylum for PS3 is at $24.99. Hmmmm...I didn't jump on Amazon's deal at $30, so I'll hold off.

[quote name='Invader Bugs']Thanks for this thread, CAG. Finally picked up Wolverine for PS3. I've been wanting that one since release, but just couldn't get myself to pay the full 60 for it, so $15 is a much nicer price.

Also, how is Gamefly's shipping? If it shipped today to NY, how long would does someone think it will take?[/QUOTE]
Depends on where your closest shipping center is.

I have ordered many games from gamefly and have always found that the quality of the disk is far superior to that of anything from gamestop. but thats not why i am writing

This SALE is going to get me killed. By my wife that is.

I was going to order Star ocean and Halo ODST yesterday but when i went to order ODST was out of stock so i got Red Faction wife was ok because i spent less money. Now ODST is back i stock today so I got it. Haven't told the wife yet.

Not to mention I had to get assassins creed 2 last week from best buy.

You can go about your business nothing to see here Move along Move along

IM IN SO MUCH TROUBLE. but on the other had Yeah me.

[quote name='L0sther0']I have ordered many games from gamefly and have always found that the quality of the disk is far superior to that of anything from gamestop. but thats not why i am writing

This SALE is going to get me killed. By my wife that is.

I was going to order Star ocean and Halo ODST yesterday but when i went to order ODST was out of stock so i got Red Faction wife was ok because i spent less money. Now ODST is back i stock today so I got it. Haven't told the wife yet.

Not to mention I had to get assassins creed 2 last week from best buy.

You can go about your business nothing to see here Move along Move along

IM IN SO MUCH TROUBLE. but on the other had Yeah me.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one..everytime another package shows up I get another lecture and all I can respond with is....BUT IT WAS ON SALE!!
Thats always her excuse for clothes so I figure it works both ways

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I'm with you on that one..everytime another package shows up I get another lecture and all I can respond with is....BUT IT WAS ON SALE!!
Thats always her excuse for clothes so I figure it works both ways[/QUOTE]

I would agree and not at the same time. When you buy over 20 you tend to get unplayable ones sometimes. I always do the HDD install test with any used games i buy now. The games might play perfectly fine but a scratch can show up later in the game at the same spot over and over. Then you get more game crashes % as well. I had about 80% of the games i bought there pass the install job so i am happy with those. The ones that do not work just drives me nuts cause the more you buy the more % you will hit bad apples. It also depends on what location they are shipping at and who handles the games and tests them before shipping them out. There refund policy rocks so i always go back. The facts are if you buy used anywhere you have a bigger risk of getting unplayable or really scratched stuff. I prefer not wearing down my laser on badly scratched games so i install them on my HDD. I buy them and knew what the risks are cause i did my homework on google.

[quote name='loomis1975']Its out of stock to buy used again. The keep it price is generally the same as the buy used price.[/QUOTE]

Anyone knows how long the sale is going to last? I really wanna get that Halo ODST for $20

[quote name='WickedDemon904']Anyone knows how long the sale is going to last? I really wanna get that Halo ODST for $20[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapyD'][img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having another used game sale with free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 3/30.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with 3/30.

Stuff keeps going in and out of stock, it seems.

I bit on UFC 09 because Red Faction: Guerrilla was sold out a few days ago, but it's available now again. Just picked up a copy, $12 is way too cheap to pass up.

Thanks for the heads up Cheapster.

Couldn't resist it anymore. Picked up CoJ:BiB and MUA2. Finished up two games I was working on this week, so I can justify it. Yeah that's it, that's my excuse.

Got my PS3 Wolverine and Call of Juarez. My only complaint was that one of the little tabs that snaps the CoJ case shut was broken, but other than that, they're as good as new.

They're definitely getting my business again.

My ODST came in today in pretty much perfect condition. I'm highly pleased with the price, speed of shipping, and condition. Gamefly is pretty awesome in my books.

Received my order today. Not quite as good shape as the last sale they had; 3 of the game discs look like they've been resurfaced. The cases and booklets are in mint condition. For the price though I really can't complain.

I have the money for Halo 3 ODST and its out of stock again. I see people saying they got games in mint condition. I can't hardly believe that after what I got from them. I had to get one resurfaced even. I can't really complain though. Since there games are really cheap.

I recieved ODST and Batman today. ODST looked new, it even had an unused 48 hour trial code. Batman was also in great condition.

Got my ODST today. Disk 1 looks resurfaced...Idk what shit is up with that. I might send it back but then i'd risk them not having more in stock by the time it gets there.

[quote name='teh_minus']Got my ODST today. Disk 1 looks resurfaced...Idk what shit is up with that. I might send it back but then i'd risk them not having more in stock by the time it gets there.[/QUOTE]
They dont do exchanges, you can only get a refund from them.

My copy of PS3 Wolverine arrived yesterday. Case and manual were mint, of course. Disc looked a little rough at first, but wiped off no problem. Thank god for easy to clean Blurays!

[quote name='teh_minus']Got my ODST today. Disk 1 looks resurfaced...Idk what shit is up with that. I might send it back but then i'd risk them not having more in stock by the time it gets there.[/QUOTE]

They didn't rent out disc two, only the first disc. That is why that one is in that condition.

I find it interesting that people on here are saying they got mint discs and complain about the quality of their discs from Gamestop.com, because I get the same condition discs from both companies! Maybe they're getting the unused discs while others are getting the heavily rented ones?

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']Dude how'd you pull that I want this deal hella bad![/QUOTE]
You get it by being a member of Gamefly for three months or so.

Gamefly works like this:

Every 3 months, you get 5 Gamefly dollars.

They expire every 3 months but apparently, the day before it expires, you get a second 5 to stack.

After your first 6 months, you get 5% every used game.

After a year(I think) it's 10% off all used.

So I ordered Arkham Asylum on the 23rd, got the shipping confirmation on the 24th. There is no tracking number. Is that normal for GameFly? This is my first GF purchase, and I'm hoping the game shows up today...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So I ordered Arkham Asylum on the 23rd, got the shipping confirmation on the 24th. There is no tracking number. Is that normal for GameFly? This is my first GF purchase, and I'm hoping the game shows up today...[/QUOTE]
bought around 20 or so games from gamefly never looked for a tracking number if you got an email you got nothing to worry about

Everything I have ever bought from them comes snail mail, so there won't be a tracking number. Like previous post said, if it says it's shipped you're straight. Give it about 3 to 5 days.

[quote name='Back4more']the last game I bought from gamefly arrived in 3 days. guess I was lucky?[/QUOTE]
That's about the same amount of time it always takes my stuff to get here.

Just got my copy of Star Ocean:TLH. Case looks good, discs look good and the manual is untouched.

Ordered the 24th, shipped the 25th and received the 29th.

Has anyone tried the online co-op with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2? My wife and I have played the first one together and had fun split-screen, but if the online 4 player is any good on the sequel I'm thinking this might be worth picking up for $15.

the $5 coupon e-mail i got finally gets Revenge of the Fallen down to a price where I'm willing to bite. It's pretty much impossible for it to not be worth $5, right?

edit: and I got the coupon just over halfway through my 30 day trial via ECA. hadn't even given GF any money yet. guess I got lucky.

Got ODST today, was scratched up but working. Small sample size, but 2 of the 2 order I placed from gamefly have discs no better than gamestop (though they both came in mint boxes w/instructions unlike gamestop).

bread's done
Back