@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey all, I just saw the new batch of @Gamer coupons thanks to my local BBY having the new issue out already (note that these are not active until Sunday):

-$25 off Mario Party 9 :)wii:)
-$20 off Dragon's Dogma :)ps3:/:360:)
-$15 off Gears of War 3 :)360:)
-$10 off Red Faction: Armageddon :)360: only)
-$15 off Toy Story Mania! :)ps3:/:360:) or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure :)wii:/:3ds:)
-$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more
-$50 off Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset :)360:)
-$20 off PowerA Fus1on Tournament Controller :)360:)

Here's hoping Mario Party 9 and Dragon's Dogma goes on sale while these are active!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll happily grab RF:A for PS3 if my Best Buy has it. I've got a feeling that my Best Buy won't have it, and that even if they do they won't let me use it to get it for free.

Dragon Dogma is a great game! Concept is very interesting. I bought it used at GameStop for $34.99 plus couple other used games of same price like New Super Mario 2 3DS and Uncharted Golden Abyss. So with B2G1 free deal, you save quite a few.
Mario Party 9 was $19.99 before at Gamefly. I also bought Kirby Attack: Return to Deamland, Mario Sports Mix, and Pokepark 2 for same price, plus tax, free shipping.

I just ordered RF: A for PS3 (Should be here between 12/4 - 12/5), so when I get my coupon in the mail I should be able to return the game and repurchase immediately using the coupon? $10.69 total.

JhF1red-faction-armageddon-ps3-sony-playstation-3-third-pe.jpg

Red Faction A has been on sale for a long time. It was on clearance in the august clearance sale, but no one bought it. LOL.

So if I buy Dragon's Dogma with a coupon at $60-20=$40, and they put it on sale for $40 later in December, can I price-match the difference? I just want to make sure since I'm kind of impatient and would just pay the $40 for it at this point.

[quote name='xRidley']So if I buy Dragon's Dogma with a coupon at $60-20=$40, and they put it on sale for $40 later in December, can I price-match the difference? I just want to make sure since I'm kind of impatient and would just pay the $40 for it at this point.[/QUOTE]Unless you talk with a very understanding Customer Service rep, I don't think you can do that, but I can't say for sure.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Red Faction Armageddon is currently $9.99 (at least for PS3). That seems like such an odd coupon since the game is fairly old and they went out of stock on them when they had that big blowout sale a few months ago. I guess they must have found a few extra pallets of them in the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

I seriously LOL'd when I read this. It was like you read my mind. It is a strange bird to throw in there (during the Holidays and/or any other time post-01/2012...it came out in 06/2011 and it's not exactly Gears 3, which too has it's place in the 12/2012 @gamer Issue).

Props on the post....

Finally a decent coupon. Now I just have to wait til Dragon's Dogma goes on sale. I love the demos and the story seems interesting.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Are these coupons tied to an account, or is it possible for someone to send a Dragon's Dogma one my way they aren't gonna use?[/QUOTE]
They are not tied to your account. The coupons come in the @Gamer magazines sold in BB that you can by and use on the spot.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i'm tempted by dragons dogma but since it's a capcom game i won't buy it. i rented, played and liked it but felt some of the quests, traveling weren't the most polished. Story was kinda lame but i really did enjoy the gameplay.

no matter what price it is, i will not buy capcom because of their on disc dlc, color swap dlc, and general asshattery[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not buying any Epic, DICE, THQ, or Bioware games then. They and others all have on-disc, locked DLC, which is hardly the sin people claim it to be.

Red Faction Armagedon is considered by most to be a bad game. Just a heads up. I have a a backlog of around 50 games and wouldn't pay $10 for this one. Maybe $5.

[quote name='dragonjud']an old racer like Dirt 3 was about $5.00 last year at BB during Black Friday[/QUOTE]
No it wasn't. I bought it last year from Best Buy on black Friday for $15, not $5. :roll:

[quote name='Blaster man']Red Faction Armagedon is considered by most to be a bad game. Just a heads up. I have a a backlog of around 50 games and wouldn't pay $10 for this one. Maybe $5.[/QUOTE]

Exaggeration. People primarily bashed it because it wasn't a sandbox game like its predecessor. The campaign is very linear and forgettable, but it's still an enjoyable experience for

[quote name='gotdott']Exaggeration. People primarily bashed it because it wasn't a sandbox game like its predecessor. The campaign is very linear and forgettable, but it's still an enjoyable experience for

[quote name='gotdott']Exaggeration. People primarily bashed it because it wasn't a sandbox game like its predecessor. The campaign is very linear and forgettable, but it's still an enjoyable experience for

With Best Buy corporate focusing less on gaming this year than last, I have a feeling the dry run of @gamer coupons are gonna continue unfortunately. Last year their goal was sales volume and this year hasn't been as good thus far. BF deals were an indicator. Don't get me wrong here, the preorder deals are the best here so BB satisfies my Day 1 gaming needs over every other retailer hands down. Anybody with half a brain knows that the PM policy that combines with the $20 RZ cert is the best deal out there. However the coupon offers won't be the same anymore.

I've played RF: Armageddon. It's a pretty horrible game, but you can't go wrong for free. Depends on your tolerance for playing bad games and how good you are at completing games in a timely fashion. I'd think most people with a backlog would never get around to playing it. Honestly I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this game.

I'd play it for free but the demo was enough for me to not really want to pay much, if anything, for it.

The only Red Faction I ever enjoyed was the first one on PS2. I've heard Guerilla was good but I couldn't get into it.

Coupons are much better than last month's lame ass ones. Definitely will be using the Dragon's Dogma coupon. I have a $20 RZ Certificate to use too. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Coupons are much better than last month's lame ass ones. Definitely will be using the Dragon's Dogma coupon. I have a $20 RZ Certificate to use too. :D[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I plan to do, combine it with my Reward Certificates.

[quote name='perfectsil']Game is $5 on steam sales, and just not a very good gam IMHO[/QUOTE]

It's part of the Humble Bundle. Name your own price above $1 for that game+more THQ games

I'll say that I enjoyed Red Faction Armageddon enough for the $10 I paid for it new, and the DLC when it was on sale cheap was worthwhile enough as well. Not a *good* game by any means, but an enjoyable game for the relatively short time it lasts.

[quote name='roundhouse']I've played RF: Armageddon. It's a pretty horrible game, but you can't go wrong for free. Depends on your tolerance for playing bad games and how good you are at completing games in a timely fashion. I'd think most people with a backlog would never get around to playing it. Honestly I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this game.[/QUOTE]

What made it so bad?

RF: Armageddon is no where near horrible. Ninja Gaiden 3, now that's a fucking horrible game. The only fault I can press on RF: Armageddon is it just pales in comparison to Guerrilla with Armageddon ditching the open world of the last game and levels primarily consisting of caves. I Still had fun with it, but it was no where near the fun of it's predecessor and calling it a horrible game if anything shows people don't know what one really is (Ninja Gaiden 3).

Ha ha! My sentinment exactly!

[quote name='bardockkun']RF: Armageddon is no where near horrible. Ninja Gaiden 3, now that's a fucking horrible game. The only fault I can press on RF: Armageddon is it just pales in comparison to Guerrilla with Armageddon ditching the open world of the last game and levels primarily consisting of caves. I Still had fun with it, but it was no where near the fun of it's predecessor and calling it a horrible game if anything shows people don't know what one really is (Ninja Gaiden 3).[/QUOTE]

I hope Dragon's Dogma hits the magic $10 price (since I missed the MS store sale). I thought it was $40 in store now, but some people say 60? Maybe I read the wrong label when in the store the other day. I wasn't too stoked about the coupons the last 2 months, but this makes me happy.

Hopefully Dragons dogma will lower in price so I can scoop it up for at 20 dollars, 10 would be real nice but Im not holding my breath for that......

I have a feeling that the Batman Arkham City and Soul Calibur 5 for ten bucks days are gone....

Dragons's Dogma has no signs of going rare right? I can wait for $20 MSRP and grab it used for sub 20 like most of my games purchase.

Come on $10.

After not getting an issue in the mail for like, two months, I decided to check online to see wtf was going on. Turns out my subscription was set to digital THIS ENTIRE TIME. I don't even know how I'm going to get this month's coupons. I already switched it to print, but what can I do in the meantime?

Sucks Dragon's Dogma is taking so long to drop for you guys. It'll be worth the wait, Dark Arisen will be out early next year and the free patch for Hard mode will be dropping soon! I envy you guys on your first play through. :D

[quote name='bardockkun']RF: Armageddon is no where near horrible. Ninja Gaiden 3, now that's a fucking horrible game. The only fault I can press on RF: Armageddon is it just pales in comparison to Guerrilla with Armageddon ditching the open world of the last game and levels primarily consisting of caves. I Still had fun with it, but it was no where near the fun of it's predecessor and calling it a horrible game if anything shows people don't know what one really is (Ninja Gaiden 3).[/QUOTE]

The best part of Red Faction 1 on PS2 was the caves. If you can blast away at caves in Armageddon then sign me up.

[quote name='J7.']The best part of Red Faction 1 on PS2 was the caves. If you can blast away at caves in Armageddon then sign me up.[/QUOTE]
Nah, it's still the GeoMod engine from Guerrilla. So if you played Guerrilla then you have some idea what to expect.

I just played the demo for Dragon Dogma(pretty short BTW). Not a very got demo. Didn't like the camera at all. Combat seems average. What annoyed me to the point of almost turning the demo off is how every member of your party talk at the same time over the top of each other. Man that go on my nerves. Hopefully they fixed that in the full game.

[quote name='mrclutch']I just played the demo for Dragon Dogma(pretty short BTW). Not a very got demo. Didn't like the camera at all. Combat seems average. What annoyed me to the point of almost turning the demo off is how every member of your party talk at the same time over the top of each other. Man that go on my nerves. Hopefully they fixed that in the full game.[/QUOTE]

Which demo? There's two. The adventure demo is closer to the finished product. Your pawns will sometimes speak on the same time. This can be solved by making your own pawn more reticent in the command chair, or taking on less other people's pawns.

Combat may seem average to you, as the early demo's abilities aren't present. When you actually learn moves, that's when the wow factor jumps in more from combat. It's not an issue for anyone else.

The camera is never an issue, except if you're clinging on the top of an enemy moving like crazy, in which case, what do you expect? :p It's not that bad, and you get used to it. The full game is a blast.

[quote name='bardockkun']Nah, it's still the GeoMod engine from Guerrilla. So if you played Guerrilla then you have some idea what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Damn no cave digging. I really should play Guerrilla been sitting in my backlog for years. So if there's no cave deformation it sounds like you can only destroy physical structures?

[quote name='J7.']Damn no cave digging. I really should play Guerrilla been sitting in my backlog for years. So if there's no cave deformation it sounds like you can only destroy physical structures?[/QUOTE]
Basically can only destroy man made structures meaning buildings and what not. It sounds kinda meh, but man, playing Guerrilla and doing missions where I have to rescue 3 or so hostages from a building and I do this by ramming my car into the building they're in is such an awesome feeling. Even if that wall behind my car had one of the hostage and I only brought two back home, it's still such a giggle to yourself in joy kinda moment.

Is it possible to use the coupons after a PM? I'm wondering because you could PM Mario Party 9 to Fry's 39.99 price and then use the coupon, making it $15 after coupon.

[quote name='Wetrix']Is it possible to use the coupons after a PM? I'm wondering because you could PM Mario Party 9 to Fry's 39.99 price and then use the coupon, making it $15 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

No double dipping!

what the hell i never got my November copy of @gamer mag... I also bought a pair of Astro A50's last week which i just realized there was a coupon for $20 off ugh

That is fucking annoying

[quote name='clyparkr']what the hell i never got my November copy of @gamer mag... I also bought a pair of Astro A50's last week which i just realized there was a coupon for $20 off ugh

That is fucking annoying[/QUOTE]

Check and see if you have a digital subscription on their customer service page. Same thing happened to me and I had to switch it to print.

[quote name='clyparkr']Nope I have the print version... I sent them an email and tweet.

If you have a digital subscription do you still get the coupons?[/QUOTE]

Don't know. I flipped through it, but didn't see any. I was so pissed, because the guy at best buy never told me I'd have a digital sub when he signed me up. I've missed two goddamn months of issues.

bread's done
Back