50% off March of the Eagles (Steam) - $5.00
75% off Spec Ops: The Line (Steam) - $7.49

Merry Christmas everyone.

fuck your crappy sales GamersGate.
Far cry 3 is 83% off tho!!!!

Edit: Base price i kno...dat's da joke

Last edited by a moderator:
{throws hands in the air, for actually missing another price-glitch}

I need to learn to sleep like a vampire; or nap enough so I can be at least up at 3AM EST GG Glitching Hour!

Merry X-Mas, everyone! :D
The ultra hardcore cheapass will set an alarm to wake at whatever frelling hour for chance at a deal. ;)

I still have a copy of F1 2013 Classic Edition in my cart at the glitched price if anyone out there would like it. Comes out to $8.32 with the discount

And, it's pulled. Glitch confirmed.
<sigh> It was completely obvious from the start to anyone familiar with the price history of F1 201x games. There's no need for "xyz confirmed". Grats on scoring it. =)

and the guy who announced the slightly higher price on the UK-side...

i have 2 for pricey then cheapllikefox and etherality tho so go after them first i got two so yea if no one wants i prolly buy it few weeks for friends instead

Daily Deals
64% off Batman: Arkham Origins (Steam) - $25.00 (Page still lists the +8740 BLUE COINS Pre-order bonus. Still active...?)
50% off Batman: Arkham Origins - Season Pass (Steam) - $10.00
88% off BioShock Infinite (Steam) - $9.99
75% off Grand Theft Auto 3 (SecuROM) - $2.50
75% off Sid Meier's Civilization V (Steam) - $7.49

:whistle2:
When you try to order it shows you get:

$5 in BC back (20% discount)

$1.25 (5% of order)

$7.49 (Bonus)

So that would be like $12 bucks after all BC return.

When you try to order it shows you get:

$5 in BC back (20% discount)
$1.25 (5% of order)
$7.49 (Bonus)

So that would be like $12 bucks after all BC return.
I edited my post while you were posting, but in my cart it was showing 7490BC/$7.49 as my Bonus. Not including my Reward.

Oh, wait, is that 20% you're talking about your oops discount? I was thinking that was what you were referencing as the Pre-order bonus since that's what the page states (20% back in BC).

I would really like to know why CAG stops sending me post notifications on shit if I have it on anything less than instant!?!

I don't need nor want 100 thousand emails! I just want one after every time I refresh on the fucking board. If I I refresh at 10:01 PM send me one for the post at 10:02 but not 10:05, 10:06 or etc... and sure as shit don't think I'm still hear an hour later when I have been on the forum since 10:01 PM and 20 people posted...

I seriously fucking hate CAG 3.0...

Sorry, a game I wanted was apparently on sale 2 days ago but CAG decided not to send any emails about this thread for 2 days... before just sending one now.

The Batman Origin deal doesn't seem to bad...  Never dealt with these guys...  I assume they're pretty solid.

Do they have a redeem code like GMG that I'm suppose to enter at checkout?

Also do I need to have the total amount of a purchase covered for in blue coins to use them?

Season pass is 10,000 BC but I'll only have 8,740 BC with the purchase of Origin...

I edited my post while you were posting, but in my cart it was showing 7490BC/$7.49 as my Bonus. Not including my Reward.

Oh, wait, is that 20% you're talking about your oops discount? I was thinking that was what you were referencing as the Pre-order bonus since that's what the page states (20% back in BC).
Tempting, but still ~$20 w/season pass. I think I should be able to pick it up next year for $7.50 (and reviews pegged it as a regression from AA & AC...)

This is how it looks, 20% from 20%er status.

[customspoiler='Order']
Capture.png
[/customspoiler]

I would really like to know why CAG stops sending me post notifications on shit if I have it on anything less than instant!?!

I don't need nor want 100 thousand emails! I just want one after every time I refresh on the fucking board. If I I refresh at 10:01 PM send me one for the post at 10:02 but not 10:05, 10:06 or etc... and sure as shit don't think I'm still hear an hour later when I have been on the forum since 10:01 PM and 20 people posted...

I serious fucking hate CAG 3.0...

Sorry, a game I wanted was apparently on sale 2 days ago but CAG decided not to send any emails about this thread for 2 days... before just sending one now.
There's a fix for that... trying to remember...

The Batman Origin deal doesn't seem to bad... Never dealt with these guys... I assume they're pretty solid.

GamersGate is solid reliable OK. There isn't a current promo/voucher that is active that I'm aware of. The Batman deal even after the BC back is still kinda meh. I think fox has the bonus 20% discount. You can probably find an Nvidia reward on eBay for cheaper.

The Batman Origin deal doesn't seem to bad... Never dealt with these guys... I assume they're pretty solid.

Also do I need to have the total amount of a purchase covered for in blue coins to use them?

Season pass is 10,000 BC but I'll only have 8,740 BC with the purchase of Origin...
They're legit. Billing clears in Sveden.

No codes. Some of us have 20%er status from the Beth Pack forced-refund last year. Makes a $5 difference on this. I'm sure someone can help you out. (I'm about to hit the sack.)

Yes you need the full amount in BC, you can buy them too, (min $5/5000BC)

GamersGate is solid reliable OK. There isn't a current promo/voucher that is active that I'm aware of. The Batman deal even after the BC back is still kinda meh. I think fox has the bonus 20% discount. You can probably find an Nvidia reward on eBay for cheaper.
20% discount doesn't even work on Batman. (instead you get 20% more blue coins back)

I'm on the fence with this Arkham Origins deal. The $13.74 back is nice, but I think I've only bought maybe 2 things from Gamersgate all year and that's with my 20% discount. 

They've sort of gone up some it seems... I did look.

I don't really need it so I'm likely just doing the math on this so I know the new historic non eBay low.

(Also this is the first one that says my video card sucks to much to be on the recommended side of things so I'm going to end up passing.)

The best deal would be with the 20% discount.

You pay $25 for the base game.

Get $13.74 back in Blue Coins.

Pay $8 for the Season Pass

Basically you would be paying $19.26 for base game and season pass.  

They do have the Stalker series on sale... but the DRM is all over the place with nasty words like SecuROM and Tagés.... And words I don't even know like Starforce. 

What was GfWL not available?

I think I'll wait for Gaben...   Though even one of the Stalker titles on steam has DRM. :(  (The one one Steam with DRM is inactive so they're DRM free (outside of steam itself) for those curious.)

75% off WRC3 should be $7.50... and $6 w/20%... which I was waiting for... :pout:

...Uplay had it for $7.50...

$6 for Of Orcs & Men with the 20% comp discount is the lowest I've seen it. It really needs an MSRP drop because that $7.49 represents 75% off (I'm guessing the 26% off was usual GG weirdness).

I have $6 left in blue coins and half of those are from rating every game in my library. So technically, it really wouldn't cost me anything :whistle2:k

Why do I still suspect I'll be disappointed?
So I've been playing this and... it ain't great but it ain't terrible.

You're an orc, humans are messin' up your lands, something something war, anyway eventually your chief decides to send you out to kill the emperor. You hook up with a goblin guide and the two of you Laurel & Hardy your way to destiny. Your orc is more of the "tribal savage guy" sort who isn't overtly evil so much as he's tough and from tough lands and tough people as opposed to the stock "evil brutes who are the enemy of Good" variety.

Throughout the game (so far anyway but I don't see it changing) you can flip between the two characters with a key press and the AI takes over for the other guy. The goblin can stealth and assassinate targets so you'll sneak in, kill a couple dudes, get seen, run back to the orc (who dutifully waits for you when you're stealthed), switch to him, queue up some attacks, switch to the goblin, etc. Combat is sorta-kinda like Dragon Age in that you can set attacks & modes (offensive/defensive/ranged) and switch between characters although you can't truly pause the action. The game does slow down to a molasses crawl when you're setting attacks though. So far both characters have always leveled simultaneously even if one was "dead" at the end of combat. When you level, you get to assign a point to your stats (Strength, Stamina, Mind and Agility) and either buy or enhance a skill. I'm not in love with combat but I have a hard time pinpointing a criticism either. I guess I don't feel a huge difference in what I do? Anyway, as you can guess, the orc is big and tough and beats crap up, the goblin is small, weak and agile and can either fight melee or throw daggers. The orc's range attack is to whip the goblin at someone. Oh, and the orc builds up rage when he's attacked and if you don't vent it off somehow, he'll eventually go berserk and you lose control of him. This isn't always bad since he seems to get some attack/damage bonuses but he also takes more damage and will happily smash your goblin if said goblin is "next closest target".

Graphics and sound are touch-and-go. The orc and goblin are animated and voiced fairly well. They use profanity fairly casually if you care about that. The humans are much less impressively animated. They're passable but nothing great. Voice acting for everyone beyond the main characters ranges from barely acceptable to ridiculous. I rescued a bandit-warrior woman who had the accent of a southern belle. Why? Beats me. Who decided that? "For this, we want you to sound like a person from Connecticut impersonating Scarlett O'Hare..."

So here's the real problems:

(A) It's very, very linear. I don't know if the "side quests" are actually optional or not because I've been taking all of them without argument but I suspect you're forced through them all anyway. Each section is like running down a hallway and just going through the predetermined fight spots. There's no side tunnel exploration, almost no chance at missing the occasional glowing chest/bag with loot and you just feel shunted along. There's also very little option in how to approach something. Sure, you can assassinate a few targets to soften up a fight before you're spotted but you don't stealth past opponents or bribe them or anything... just go from fight to fight. At least an on-rails shooter like Metro 2033/LL gave you some flexibility in how to approach a fight or avoid it and some open areas to manipulate to your advantage. Of Orcs & Men doesn't provide that at all -- it's all "hallways" and when it's time to fight, you fight.

(B) The... pacing... is... terrible. You'll watch a cut scene of orc & goblin talking, jog down an alley, fight four guards, jog another ten feet and get another cut scene. Rinse and repeat. It's not even that the scenes are bad, it's that you never get into a flow of playing the game. You also never really get "into" the game as you're constantly getting pulled out by another loading screen or chat scene or something. I swear, I don't know if I've fought three fights in a row without some sort of interruption. And fighting is really all the game has going on in it (see above paragraph).

The concept is interesting enough if not entirely unique. Relative morality is nothing new. And the game has some good points but I can't really recommend it until it has an MSRP drop so you can get it for $5.

I've also played some of Of Orcs and Men, and will agree it's neither great nor cancer. No I'm not going to write a wall of text about it, but I'd say it's worth about $5 if you are interested in a game that is basically the equivalent to a LotR B-Movie with requisite cheesy dialog.

Stupid question for someone new to GamersGate and PC gaming in general (I'm returning to it recently after a decade or so focused entirely on consoles). I'm looking at the Sword of the Stars: This Pit Gold Edition and it says it is DRM Free. Does that mean it doesn't activate on Steam? I know I can register non-Steam games on Steam (though I haven't done so yet so I don't know how that works exactly), so my question is if I was to register it would I be able to earn the Steam achievements for it? Or are those reserved for games that specifically notate that they are Steam activated? Not sure if this question is better asked here or in the Steam thread.

Stupid question for someone new to GamersGate and PC gaming in general (I'm returning to it recently after a decade or so focused entirely on consoles). I'm looking at the Sword of the Stars: This Pit Gold Edition and it says it is DRM Free. Does that mean it doesn't activate on Steam? I know I can register non-Steam games on Steam (though I haven't done so yet so I don't know how that works exactly), so my question is if I was to register it would I be able to earn the Steam achievements for it? Or are those reserved for games that specifically notate that they are Steam activated? Not sure if this question is better asked here or in the Steam thread.
Yeah, DRM free means you will have to download it directly from the store you purchased it from and it will not work on Steam. It also means there should be no other activation requirements (securom/tages/GFWL/the crap we PC gamers like to complain about).

MOST stores will specifically label DRM requirements, be it Steam, Uplay, etc. If you don't see anything, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, SotS:The Pit Gold is cheaper on Amazon right now. And that version IS a key that you can add to your Steam library.

edit: Steam achievemts only work on games you have added to your Steam Library via purchase/key, not for the "non-steam games" option.

SoTS:TP is an oddball as it is DRM Free (but not the same as GOG's version) AND you get a Steam key. This is the exception, not the rule. (I bought this from GG, fwiw.)

You would have the ability to launch the game through Steam, but it would not be tied to your account and you would not receive achievements. To do so, you click the "+ ADD A GAME" call in the bottom-left corner of Steam, choose "Add a non-Steam Game," and then select the .exe you want to launch from Steam.

Just a heads-up, Amazon is currently selling it for less here , and it comes with a Steam activation key.

Good to know. Thanks guys. The Amazon code is just for the game and this one is the complete edition. Can I get both DLCs for less than $1.51? Otherwise the GamersGate code would be the way to go, no? Especially if it actually does come with Steam activation.

Good to know. Thanks guys. The Amazon code is just for the game and this one is the complete edition. Can I get both DLCs for less than $1.51? Otherwise the GamersGate code would be the way to go, no? Especially if it actually does come with Steam activation.
Even though it is not listed as the Gold Edition, the Amazon one is in fact Gold. I bought it last night as did many other CAGs.

Daily Deals
75% off Aliens vs. Predator Collection (Steam) - $6.00 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Swarm Map Pack
  • Bughunt Map Pack
[/customspoiler]
75% off The Darkness II (Steam) - $7.49
75% off Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (SecuROM) - $2.49
75% off Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (Steam) - $3.74
60% off The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief (DRM Free) - $10.00
75% off Sengoku (DRM Free) - $2.50

Edit: Why is it that every day it seems GG is putting multi day deals in the daily slots? (Which is why my list seems incomplete compared to the website.)

Daily Deals
75% off Aliens vs. Predator Collection (Steam) - $6.00 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Swarm Map Pack
  • Bughunt Map Pack
[/customspoiler]
75% off The Darkness II (Steam) - $7.49
75% off Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (SecuROM) - $2.49
75% off Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (Steam) - $3.74
60% off The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief (DRM Free) - $10.00
75% off Sengoku (DRM Free) - $2.50

Edit: Why is it that every day it seems GG is putting multi day deals in the daily slots? (Which is why my list seems incomplete compared to the website.)
That was painful watching the price flip at the speed of goverment bureaucracy... Only to give up with the... I guess they're not going to flip everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back