*-GameRush Deals Thread- Post anything GameRush here-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

UPDATE: According to aoLat 's store, the Trade any 3 games, get a used game for $10 deal ends January 3rd! Only a few days left, so I suggest getting the last you can out of this deal.

Now, according to IndyDad 's store, this deal is supposed to end on the 10th. So, it may be YMMV for the last day of this deal.

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

Please PM me with questions about GameRush, but check this post, and the last few pages of this thread before you do.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal. Lowest priced game is free.

PAST DEALS

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks cdeener.

Trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (as many are doing) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to. If you do get banned from GameRush for scamming them, don't bitch about it. Otherwise, I will be forced to make fun of you.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

GameRush still rocks!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

FLAUNT IT!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

TRADE IN VALUE THREAD: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

Traded in:

Spyhunter 2 (Xbox) - $7.00
Dead to Rights (Xbox) - $3.00
Outlaw Volleyball - $5.00

Picked up X-Men Legends on the Xbox. I still have $20 left over in credit from previous trades as well.

fable and mortal kombat deception are now getting 30 in trade in credit according to gamerush's website. tiger woods 05 is still getting 35 as well as about 5 others.

anyone know how much the give for xmen legends (xbox)

[quote name='spin03']fable and mortal kombat deception are now getting 30 in trade in credit according to gamerush's website. tiger woods 05 is still getting 35 as well as about 5 others.

anyone know how much the give for xmen legends (xbox)[/quote]I'm going to play Mortal Kombat and TonyHawk'sUG2 this weekend and if I don't like them, I guess I'll just trade them in.

That's cool that Fable is still getting $30 since the game is old enough to get much less right now.

I'm pretty sure that X-Men Legends is getting $25 right now, but I'll check once I go next time. :)

EDIT- Updated the information and added things to the FIRST post (not second anymore. :wink: )

For the new thread, I'd like to keep the following information close to the top:

For those of you wondering what your games will fetch at Blockbuster/GameRush, see how much BB/GR is selling them for. I have noticed a strong pattern between how much trade-in credit you get and what price tags they'll slap on your games, and while it's not 100% accurate, it still gives a pretty good idea of how much you can get for your stuff. So, without further ado...

Trade-In Value Table v. 2.0

They Sell:/They Buy:
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Enjoy!

sj41, you really should put that "game of the week" for $10 off + free rental in your first post. But thanks for the summary post! again!

Traded in Madden 01, 02, and NCAA 02 and got 1.50 for each.

Then I picked up a PO/complete Goblin Commander (GCN) for about 11 dollars using the trade-in 3 get a PO for 10 dollars. I decided to keep the 4.50 credit I got and save it for another time.

here are the games that have dropped from 35-30 in trade in credit:

fable (xbox)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (xbox,ps2)
Star Wars: Battlefront (xbox,ps2)

The "Great Games of 2004" deal ended a couple of weeks ago.

X-Men Legends was only worth $25 when it came out, so it's one of those rare instances where the trade in value of the game increased.

Traded today...
X-men Legends XB $30
Def Jam Fight for NY PS2 $30
Eternal Darkness $7
I-Ninja PS2 $7
Halo 2 LE $45
Mark Of Kri $3

on my last GR trip i was lucky to find a PO Disgaea with manual and case insert, which i bought for $10 with 3 trades. it was the first time i noticed a "semi-rare" game at GR.

btw, can someone lock the old thread, so we don't have three GR threads to keep track of?

I've picked up the following semi-rare games over the past couple of weeks (All were complete and in good shape):

Suikoden (PS1) $6.99
Rez (PS2) Traded 3 to get it for $10
Ikaruga (GCN) Traded 3 to get it for $10

GameRush is a great place to find those hard to find games without having to pay out the nose.

I picked up RE 2 for the Gamecube for $25 along with 2 other games in a buy 2 get 1 free deal :), I was happy, a lot higher at other stores

Also have gotten Phantom Brave, Crimson Tears (not that rare, but unusual)

Just traded Brunswick Bowling 2, Micro Machines and Mega Man Legends 2 (All PS1) and picked up Burnout 3 for $6.XX. Plan to take that, trade it for $30 and pick up Ghost Recon 2 for XBOX for $10 after coupon.

Just called my local store to check prices on fable. Still $35. BUT... BE AWARE OF THIS:

Blockbusters are now tracking your trading from all accounts (all stores) daily. Flipping is ILLEGAL, and therefore they are looking into your trading and will investigate your accounts at all stores trying to build a case for possible prosecution. From what I was told, they will freeze your assets (value cards) and you will be left with zilch. Dont know if this was just a scare tactic, but I believe my GR guys cause they help me alot. Just thought you all should now.

They sold out all DS, XBOX, PS2, GC systems. Shit, all this credit and nothing to buy.

Added the $10 off deal, took out the best of 2004 deal, and I'm going to add video_gamer324's list to the OP (and give him credit of course). :)

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Just called my local store to check prices on fable. Still $35. BUT... BE AWARE OF THIS:

Blockbusters are now tracking your trading from all accounts (all stores) daily. Flipping is ILLEGAL, and therefore they are looking into your trading and will investigate your accounts at all stores trying to build a case for possible prosecution. From what I was told, they will freeze your assets (value cards) and you will be left with zilch. Dont know if this was just a scare tactic, but I believe my GR guys cause they help me alot. Just thought you all should now.

They sold out all DS, XBOX, PS2, GC systems. Shit, all this credit and nothing to buy.[/quote]

Where did you hear this poppycock from?

I'd really like someone to tell me how "flipping" is illegal. I go in and buy a game. The next day, I take it to another Gamerush to trade it in towards another game. That's not illegal.

Unless Blockbuster made you sign up for a new account and sign your name on a new user agreement form that stated you understand that "flipping" is against the user policy and can result in you being banned and your account being frozen, they have no case against you.

Also, I'd really like to see how they can freeze someone's account and try to tell them that they won't be getting it returned.

If that's the case, I can see some major lawsuits being presented against Gamerush.

Like I said, I talked to the CSR over the phone when I asked the price on fable (dont know if its all true or what not, but I am starting to think it is). If this is true, no more trading from me. Hope they dont go back on my history, cause I have bought from one store and a few days later sold at another for more than I paid. From what I understand, thats considered flipping.

I did trade at a new store this morning meaning I had to sign a new trade agreement. I didnt read it yet, but it would only be in effect as of today, the day I signed it. What does the newest agreement say about trading. Am I supposed to say, I bought this game from you for $10, but you are offering me $35, can you keep the difference..." hell no I aint gonna do that.

If this is true though, I am not gonna chance it. Blockbuster can trace your activity through your account and all value cards issued on that account, including gift cards? it would seem. You know the activation code on the value card, is like a SSN. They are unique, and if they can track that shit, I can only hope nothing bad comes of this.

Anyone that works at GR know if they're giving away anything with a Pre-order of RE4? Or if you get word of any free stuff, post it here, ok?

When I PO'd Metroid Prime 2, I didn't know I'd be getting a Free T-shirt with it. And at the time I asked if you got anything free with it, and they said no. So, since GR has got these kick ass RE4 cardboard standups in now (they got MP2 one's right before it came out too), do you think there's a chance we'll get anything free with it? Hint a Free T-shirt possibly? I thought that the only place that'd have the standups would be EB, but that's not the case.

Do you think Capcom would know?
Thanks for any info

I'm utterly disgusted by all this business about freezing accounts, the "illegality" of "flipping", and freezing gift cards.

From a business perspective, it would be much wiser just to repair the holes in the system instead of prosecuting paying customers.

I think that this way, blockbuster can come after the customers for lost income. Still waiting to hear if this is the complete truth though, since I dont have the damn agreement at the moment.

i am probably going to stop trading so much at gamerush, because i already have around 400 in credit there, and losing 400 bucks because i did too many trades that made me money would really be a bust. hope all of this blacklisting stuff about flipping is just a scare.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']I'm utterly disgusted by all this business about freezing accounts, the "illegality" of "flipping", and freezing gift cards.

From a business perspective, it would be much wiser just to repair the holes in the system instead of prosecuting paying customers.[/quote]

They are not prosecuting customers. The customers broke the trade agreement so they stopped those customers from trading. Seems simple enough. Penalize the people who are screwing BB don't penalize all of us.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']I'm utterly disgusted by all this business about freezing accounts, the "illegality" of "flipping", and freezing gift cards.

From a business perspective, it would be much wiser just to repair the holes in the system instead of prosecuting paying customers.[/quote]

I agree that they should fix the holes... however... :?

I was talking about the loopholes present in the system with one of the GR store managers tonite and he said BB management is going through computer databases trying to track down "flipping" and other "scams" as he put it. He also mentioned banning and account record freezing but didnt say wether BB was acting on info from individual stores or doing a general nation wide scan.

I'm pretty sure that "flipping" as they call it, is NOT illegal. If it is, then can't they be prosecuted for taking a game from me for $35 and selling it for $45?

[quote name='Archaic']I'm pretty sure that "flipping" as they call it, is NOT illegal. If it is, then can't they be prosecuted for taking a game from me for $35 and selling it for $45?[/quote]

i know it is not illegal, but i dont want to have my account frozen

Just went to GR today and got my Prince of Persia for $39.99($10 off) w/art book and free rental.

[quote name='Green-Bull']Anyone that works at GR know if they're giving away anything with a Pre-order of RE4? Or if you get word of any free stuff, post it here, ok?[/quote]

Also, went to Gamestop and picked up my Resident Evil 4 preview demo disk!!!

Banning and Blacklisting is completely understandable from a business stand point. There is no way they would go after you legally for the things we've all done at gamerush, whos to say whats right or wrong about flipping. What if someone does it once or 10 times, wheres this cut off for BB to come after one. It's completely bogus, and it looks really bad on them if they do anything. If they did do anything like come after customers for there own loopholes/mistakes, that would make really bad PR, and with places like hollywood video and netflix coming up, they dont need that.

Anyone else considering throwing caution to the wind and just going on a Game Rush spending spree tonight?

Was going to do that, but then all the stores around me dont have systems in stock. If I could buy systems, I could either EBAY them or sell them to friends for cash. As things progress, I dont think BB/GR will see me as a customer once all my credit is gone.

This "flipping is illegal" thing sounds bogus.

If it is worrying people, hook up with a partner. It seems like people meet other locals all the time on here. Have one guy be the exclusive buyer, and have the other guy be the exclusive trader.

Heres an idea. Use all your bb/gr credit to buy used games, sell them at gamecrazy, eb, gs, etc. New store, no worry about blacklisting.

yo mama, that sounds like it would work, until they see that you are selling the same games over and over, or buying the same games over and over. PLUS, the only way the deals work is if you sell and buy in the same transaction. Hence, a two person system wouldnt work.

Fragman, did the fact that you mentioned Fable set them off, do you think? And did you pretty much get the impression that they were going through all accounts, or just suspicious user accounts?

The way I have always done this is to trade in ps1 games to get the high value games. (I think this is the way most people do it).

The high value games from person A are given to person B, and vice versa. Let's say there are a million fables and star wars battlefronts at one GR. Person A always trades in to get fable,, and gives fable to person B to trade. Person B always trades in to get SWB, and gives SWB to person A to trade.

This looks kind of weird because I keep trading in multiple copies of the same title, but there is definitely no way to trace the titles I'm trading back to blockbuster if I never bought them there.

archaic, I think when I asked about fable I did set him off, cause he jokingly said $4 in credit cause of all the "flipping" and then I asked him more on information regarding so called banning/blacklisting/etc.

x fiddle, did they say they are starting to look at people's accounts based on recent trades, or all past trades. Is there something that triggers them to look.

Does anyone know if they will just ban people and freeze their accounts/credit, or go farther than threatening legal action. I have a lot of credit with them, but over 75% of my credit was from my dvd trades (legitimate), not my game trades. And no, I was not flipping dvds (buying $5 BB movies and selling it back to them for $8), which I wish I could have gotten in on... hehe.

Oh, the advantage of having multiple membership cards...

Yeah, but have you noticed that each account has your updated information (address, phone number, credit card (if you used one when you opened it)). If you trade like that on all accounts, its even more of a flag to come after you. Oh well.

I am seriously thinking of cancelling my account after I get gift cards using my value cards, then spending them as a non-member. If they can follow all activity off of a value card tied to your account, then they could possibly freeze all gift cards bought with that value card, and possibly go so far as banning those people using gift cards bought from your value card (gifts), or freezing their accounts too. If they do a thorough investigation that is. But that is just speculation.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']
x fiddle, did they say they are starting to look at people's accounts based on recent trades, or all past trades. Is there something that triggers them to look.[/quote]

Thats one thing i couldnt probe out of the manager, and as far as legal action goes he kinda laughed when i asked him that. The only thing he did mention was that some traders accounts/assets would be getting frozen by the BB management.

Any time frame on this, cause if its soon, I am going to buy buy buy.

OR, could this be a ploy to encourage people to spend their credit.?

Has anyone else experienced this, or found out more information. Wouldnt they inform you that you are under investigation prior to freezing your account and credits. If its just a ban, I could care less because you can always open a new account, but if they take my credit, and freeze my gifted gift cards, that would just suck.

as far as legal action, i think you could try sueing them in small claims court to get your credit back if they do indeed freeze your credit. I remember the wherehouse gave out tons of credit for crap, and then when out of business. The people with $100s of dollars of store credit sued and got their credit in dollars.

I had my account frozen by a manager a few months back for trading in too many copies of drack for $27 each. I asked him to unfreeze it and he said as long as i stopped trading the same game over and over then i could trade games there,

If he wont unfreeze your account, you can ask the number for the district manager, and he will probably take the mark off your account. Then again, it depends on what youve been up to. If you think this is more trouble than its worth, and you want to stop trading with blockbuster, just get your credit put onto gift cards, and ebay them.

I dont trade in THAT much anymore, and i dont think i ever "flipped" any games. I have traded more than one copy of several titles tho(do they count trading madden 01, 02and 03 as the same game?), if they want to ban me for that, that is pretty lame,

I always ask them before I use any "trade in 5 psone, get any used for $1" type coupons, if it is cool if i use it. so i am not really too concerned about this. It would definitely suck if i could no longer do these deals tho. I pretty much used up all my credit anyways, bought the ds and some games, and bought some nice christmas presents for the family.

So, since GR has got these kick ass RE4 cardboard standups in now (they got MP2 one's right before it came out too), do you think there's a chance we'll get anything free with it?

we, at EB, have the cardboard standee... we just haven't put it out yet. When you preorder it at EB, you get a demo of RE4.

i know the "freezing" of accounts is true. But its NOT possible to get your value card deleted off the system, its YOUR money, not theirs. No where does it say you can't so-called "flip" your games back to GR.

Hmmm, I used the pre-order deal quite a few times, and traded in a few copies (all at different gamerush's) of the same game that I bought cheap at other stores, but I have never done the trade 3 get a used for $10 deal, so I have never bought at one gamerush then traded at another. Are they looking into multiple copies of the same game, or just if you bought games then traded them back in using the $10 deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back