*-GameRush Deals Thread- Post anything GameRush here-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

UPDATE: According to aoLat 's store, the Trade any 3 games, get a used game for $10 deal ends January 3rd! Only a few days left, so I suggest getting the last you can out of this deal.

Now, according to IndyDad 's store, this deal is supposed to end on the 10th. So, it may be YMMV for the last day of this deal.

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

Please PM me with questions about GameRush, but check this post, and the last few pages of this thread before you do.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal. Lowest priced game is free.

PAST DEALS

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks cdeener.

Trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (as many are doing) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to. If you do get banned from GameRush for scamming them, don't bitch about it. Otherwise, I will be forced to make fun of you.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

GameRush still rocks!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

FLAUNT IT!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

TRADE IN VALUE THREAD: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

[quote name='msdmoney']Hmmm, I used the pre-order deal quite a few times, and traded in a few copies (all at different gamerush's) of the same game that I bought cheap at other stores, but I have never done the trade 3 get a used for $10 deal, so I have never bought at one gamerush then traded at another. Are they looking into multiple copies of the same game, or just if you bought games then traded them back in using the $10 deal?[/quote]

I imagine they are looking for anything suspicious. I think they are after those of anyone doing "trade in 3, get any used for $10" and then turn around and trade the game back into another GR for store credit(i am assuming that is what theyre doing now. I will try to do some trade ins tomorrow afternoon and see what happens. the worst they can do is ban me

[quote name='dracula']
If he wont unfreeze your account, you can ask the number for the district manager, and he will probably take the mark off your account. Then again, it depends on what youve been up to. [/quote]

although i have empathy for you and your past trade account situation...your aforementioned suggestion would be a huge no-no to advise anyone to do. "this will be done or i'm contacting so and so" tactics would only tick off the whole entire store staff lol. ooOoOOo. can you just feel the love everytime you enter the store!?

i say if you're account is flagged, 99% it is rightfully so. i'm sure it's nothing personal. people are just fucking up their ill-devised and flawed system, which sucks for them, but is good for us. they're going to take whatever action neccesary to keep their business in check, i guess even it means turning down potentional loyalty since they know they'll just keep "ripping" them off (some of y'all aren't so innocent lol). just take your business elsewhere. simple as that.

Managed to score a complete PS2 "Fatal Frame" for $13, B&B (SNES compete) for $4 and get DDRMax 2 for free!

They've got some hidden gems here in FL. Any of you have any "Fatal Frame" on your nearby GR racks?

x_fiddle and fragmanslayer, which location(s) did you hear this from? i'm curious because if it's the same one then I would say it might not be applicable to all GRs in the country.

Yes, can we keep the "I GOT FLAGGED" discussions in a seperate thread....it's NOT a deal. It's people getting BANGED for abusing the system.

I have over $300 on my Value Card, and it was all legit trading, no multiple copies, no re-trading of their games.

How about everyone stop ripping GameRush off? Does that make any sense at all?

I agree with doubledown that someone else should take this discussion somewhere else. How about fragman. You seem to be badly ripping GameRush off to have the honor of making the thread. :roll:

GameRush has done so much that they have earned my real business. They do not want the buisness of people that are flipping games and are making them lose money. They certainly need to fix it, but if they do, it will just be bad for people like me who treat GameRush with respect and we can both profit off eachother.

I would really like someone to sue GameRush that got thier account frozen for ripping them off.

"They froze my account because I was ripping them off for several months and I never stopped! I want my money and my account back so I can continue ripping them off!"

If someone won that case, I would be really dissapointed.

Please, just stop discussing ripping GameRush off in this thread. Maybe spin or fragman would like to make the thread.

just a quick point --

while game rush is free to suspend your trading privileges, there is no way they can legitimately freeze your account balances

first, none of the behavior violates the terms of the trading agreement (at least as i recall the one i signed)

second, on each trade, a receipt is given that makes it very clear that each trade is FINAL upon completion

so i wouldn't lose any sleep over balances being deleted or frozen (worst case they strip your trading privileges)

Today I traded in:

Parappa the Rapper 2 - $1.50
Legend of Dragoon - $1.50
Parasite Eve - $2.00

Picked up Star Wars Battlefront and PoP for about $8 out of pocket.

[quote name='Liza']Managed to score a complete PS2 "Fatal Frame" for $13, B&B (SNES compete) for $4 and get DDRMax 2 for free!

They've got some hidden gems here in FL. Any of you have any "Fatal Frame" on your nearby GR racks?[/quote]

I've actually seen FF1 and FF2. FF1 was $17 and FF2 was $27. I live in Southern Cali, near Los Angeles.

I just want everyone here to know the AVOID like the plague the Towneast Mesquite TX Gamerush.

I should have know better than to go there after my bad experience last time but I went cause I had several $10 off coupons and already used them at other stores. I figured buying Mario Party 6 with $10 off isn't gonna be a hassle I mean I am trading back NFS Underground 2.

Well I go there and the fat stupid clerk says she can't sell new games until 5:00 PM!!! No lie she would not say why but she said sorry come back in 3 hours if you want a game.

WTF??????? I am a customer wanting to make a purchase and I get this BS. I will never ever step foot in that store again no matter what deal is going on. I guess they don't want business if I was corporate I would shut this Gamerush down!!!

Worst gamerush on the planet earth!!!!

[quote name='sj41']How about everyone stop ripping GameRush off? Does that make any sense at all?

I agree with doubledown that someone else should take this discussion somewhere else. How about fragman. You seem to be badly ripping GameRush off to have the honor of making the thread. :roll:

GameRush has done so much that they have earned my real business. They do not want the buisness of people that are flipping games and are making them lose money. They certainly need to fix it, but if they do, it will just be bad for people like me who treat GameRush with respect and we can both profit off eachother.

I would really like someone to sue GameRush that got thier account frozen for ripping them off.

"They froze my account because I was ripping them off for several months and I never stopped! I want my money and my account back so I can continue ripping them off!"

If someone won that case, I would be really dissapointed.

Please, just stop discussing ripping GameRush off in this thread. Maybe spin or fragman would like to make the thread.[/quote]

as long as you dont violate anything on the contract you signed, you should be able to do what you want. i totally understand what you are saying, and it is a shame that BB gets ripped off like this, but if they didnt want to, they should make it so that there are no loopholes in their system. you should be able to trade and buy whatever you want, as long as you dont violate your contract. if they freeze your account, and you cant use your credit, you should sue, and you should win because it is not my fault that gamerush makes deals that hurt them

[quote name='buster90']I just want everyone here to know the AVOID like the plague the Towneast Mesquite TX Gamerush.

I should have know better than to go there after my bad experience last time but I went cause I had several $10 off coupons and already used them at other stores. I figured buying Mario Party 6 with $10 off isn't gonna be a hassle I mean I am trading back NFS Underground 2.

Well I go there and the fat stupid clerk says she can't sell new games until 5:00 PM!!! No lie she would not say why but she said sorry come back in 3 hours if you want a game.

WTF??????? I am a customer wanting to make a purchase and I get this BS. I will never ever step foot in that store again no matter what deal is going on. I guess they don't want business if I was corporate I would shut this Gamerush down!!!

Worst gamerush on the planet earth!!!![/quote]

You posted this in the other thread... Also, the Mesquite (Town East) GR is the best. Best selection, and the nicest employees I've ever worked with.

Tonight at GR I was looking around and I saw this thing that had RE 4 on it. I picked it up and the guy said I could have it. It's basically a book minus the pages, almost. The front looks just like the box art. I think it's probably something they got free from Capcom that came with that new cardboard standup. On the back page is lists what demographic the game is for and the marketing and what magazines RE4 has appeared on the cover of and so on. It was a tight fit, but I put it in a magazine protector sleeve (if you wanna call it that). Then hung it up on my wall. Free, baby! :) GR is the best!

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='buster90']I just want everyone here to know the AVOID like the plague the Towneast Mesquite TX Gamerush.

You posted this in the other thread... Also, the Mesquite (Town East) GR is the best. Best selection, and the nicest employees I've ever worked with.[/quote]

I am taking about the one near Town East near a Boston Market not the other 2. The used game selection is awful the newest used games were like Spiderman 2 and Def Jam 2 that was it. Garland and Mckinney blows this store out of the water in selection. THe best employees are at Denton/Allen stores bend the rules and cool though the selection stinks there too.

I posted it twice to let everyone know. THis is a lousy Gamerush I have been to about 8 of them total in the DFW area and this one has the worst employees, worst selection, and the only store that makes up its own rules.

I mean what store won't sell a customer a game till 5PM? That is Obsurd!!!

[quote name='buster90'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='buster90']I just want everyone here to know the AVOID like the plague the Towneast Mesquite TX Gamerush.

You posted this in the other thread... Also, the Mesquite (Town East) GR is the best. Best selection, and the nicest employees I've ever worked with.[/quote]

I am taking about the one near Town East near a Boston Market not the other 2. The used game selection is awful the newest used games were like Spiderman 2 and Def Jam 2 that was it. Garland and Mckinney blows this store out of the water in selection. THe best employees are at Denton/Allen stores bend the rules and cool though the selection stinks there too.

I posted it twice to let everyone know. THis is a lousy Gamerush I have been to about 8 of them total in the DFW area and this one has the worst employees, worst selection, and the only store that makes up its own rules.

I mean what store won't sell a customer a game till 5PM? That is Obsurd!!![/quote]

it isnt absurd, it makes perfect sense: nintendo gave gamerush a street date not to sell the game before 5pm on dec 9, then they can get in trouble if they break the street date.

I was talking about the one near Boston Market, as well. The employees took like, all of my DVD's I traded in during the 8 dollar trade-in, even some that weren't in their systems, and gave me discounts on things I wasn't technically supposed to get a discount on, I.E. Viewtiful Joe 2 for 20 dollars new.

Nice people, and always willing to help me or willing to offer assistance on something. Maybe because I'm such a regular customer. ;)

As I stated in the other thread also, if you guys ever see a slightly fat (lol), guy wearing long sleeves, glasses, and long hair, feel free to come up to me or something. I'm always willing to meet new people, especially CAG's.

Regardless, the Town East GR is the best to me, I got nearly all my trade-in games from there, and the employees are really helpful and nice to me.

[quote name='billyknoxville']aint this a kick in the pants, X-Men Legends Trade-in value went up to 30.[/quote]
When I traded in fable, the hoe only gave me $17

Anyone know how much there sell rate is for Fable?I am thinkin about tradin it here but if they give enough $ i may be tempted :\

[quote name='-BigC-']Anyone know how much there sell rate is for Fable?I am thinkin about tradin it here but if they give enough $ i may be tempted :\[/quote] s/b $30 now... but someone above reported only getting $17

[quote name='spin03']as long as you dont violate anything on the contract you signed, you should be able to do what you want. i totally understand what you are saying, and it is a shame that BB gets ripped off like this, but if they didnt want to, they should make it so that there are no loopholes in their system. you should be able to trade and buy whatever you want, as long as you dont violate your contract. if they freeze your account, and you cant use your credit, you should sue, and you should win because it is not my fault that gamerush makes deals that hurt them[/quote]I had something to say to respond to that, but I have no idea how to type it out so that it makes sense to anyone. :wink:

Basically, if you are buying a game for $10 by trading in 3 PS1 games at a GameRush and then trading it in for $35 at a different one, BB can't do anything about that since the computers aren't linked. So, if they call another store and prove that you've been ripping them off, they should be able to bann you. Why should they not? You're not bringing buisness to them, you're taking money away from them. Don't they have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason? You taking money from them, that's a very good reason.

I got a nice pickup at my Gamerush today, Castlevania Symphony of the Nights, complete, non-GH, light scratches on the disc, for $7.99, $6.39 after the employee discount. Can't wait til next week, when the discount goes up to 30% on previously owned stuff until the day after Christmas. Oh yeah, I looked up Fable in the computer and it still says $35.

All these talks about being banned, couldn't you use another person (say, your GF, brother, mother...etc) with their own Blockbuster card/account to trade in for the $35 credit? I have 2 BB accounts myself, one is a reward with me under my dad's name, and another card that is purely under me only w/o the reward. Couldnt that be possible to get around the problem? Not that I've done it.... yet. :lol: :twisted:

[quote name='MasterSun1']Anybody know the value for NCAA Football 2005 (PS2)?[/quote]

I traded mine in a couple of weeks ago and got $20 for it. It's probably less now since they retail new for $30

i hear ya on the 30% off drfrielgood. even though BBV is a bit overpriced as far as game accesories go....the 'appreciation' discount next week will come in handy :)

Traded a fable (on my friends account) for 35.

You could use someone elses account to trade, but then your actions could be considered fraudulent. I sold the games to my friend, he sold it to blockbuster, so no fraud there. So yeah, it would work if you used another persons account.

Saw some goodies on the shelf, but didnt know if they were worth it, like shining soul for gba 24.99 cart only, demon stone PS2 39.99 complete, tactics ogre gba cart only 19.99, final fantasy tactics cart only 24.99. Should I go buy them. Using B2G1 free?

And does the employee discount next week (starts monday) include 30% off accessories, games, dvds. I heard you get 30% off on dvds, but for games and accessories its only like 10 or 20% off. Can you confirm?

[quote name='drfrielgood']I got a nice pickup at my Gamerush today, Castlevania Symphony of the Nights, complete, non-GH, light scratches on the disc, for $7.99, $6.39 after the employee discount. Can't wait til next week, when the discount goes up to 30% on previously owned stuff until the day after Christmas. Oh yeah, I looked up Fable in the computer and it still says $35.[/quote]

....sure, i don't go into the store for a month and thats what happens :)

The normal discount is:

20% off used games, systems, and DVDs
and
10% off new games, new DVDs, and new and used accessories

On Monday anything that was 20% off goes up to 30% and anything that was 10% up to 20%. Which means used Gamecubes would be $56, and used PS2s and XBoxes $84.

When did they change their discounts... was it a year ago that it was across the board, anything was 30% off.

Are you sure new dvds are only 20% off next week? I was sure it was 30% off.

It could be across the board 30%, I'm not positively sure. I've only worked at Blockbuster for about 4 months, so I asked a coworker about the holiday discounts. He just told me it was additional 10% off the regular discounts. 30% off new DVDs would be nice, but Blockbuster's prices on those are so expensive in the first place that it probably won't save too much money.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='spin03']as long as you dont violate anything on the contract you signed, you should be able to do what you want. i totally understand what you are saying, and it is a shame that BB gets ripped off like this, but if they didnt want to, they should make it so that there are no loopholes in their system. you should be able to trade and buy whatever you want, as long as you dont violate your contract. if they freeze your account, and you cant use your credit, you should sue, and you should win because it is not my fault that gamerush makes deals that hurt them[/quote]I had something to say to respond to that, but I have no idea how to type it out so that it makes sense to anyone. :wink:

Basically, if you are buying a game for $10 by trading in 3 PS1 games at a GameRush and then trading it in for $35 at a different one, BB can't do anything about that since the computers aren't linked. So, if they call another store and prove that you've been ripping them off, they should be able to bann you. Why should they not? You're not bringing buisness to them, you're taking money away from them. Don't they have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason? You taking money from them, that's a very good reason.[/quote]

I agree, ante up and spend the extra dough to buy same generation games. I mean Madden 2001, Blitz 2002 and Fatavision can't be that costly.

[quote name='sying']I agree, ante up and spend the extra dough to buy same generation games. I mean Madden 2001, Blitz 2002 and Fatavision can't be that costly.[/quote]You said you agree, and that makes me happy. :wink:

I myself am starting to use PS1 games because I've run out of games to trade. I buy PS1 games at EB for a little over a $1 each, and then I trade them to GameRush and get a little over a $1 each and then I can buy any used game I want for $10. However, I don't just trade the games right back to try and make a huge profit.

I'm going to try to go to GameRush in a few days since I haven't gone in a long time and I have over 10 PS games from EB.com to trade-in. :p

Some more trade values:

PS2 - Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (GH) - $5
PS2 - Max Payne - $1.50
PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - $5
PS2 - Grand Theft Auto III - $5
PSX - NFL Blitz - $1.50
PSX - Wipeout 3 - $1
PSX - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - $1.50
PSX - WWF Warzone - $1
PSX - Rageball - $1.50
PSX - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (GH) - $1
PSX - Newman Haas Racing - $1
PSX - WCW/NWO Thunder - $1

The moral of this story is that if you're going to buy cheap games to trade in, buy PS2 games instead of PSX games. You have a better chance of getting your money back.

[quote name='radjago']Some more trade values:

PS2 - Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (GH) - $5
PS2 - Max Payne - $1.50
PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - $5
PS2 - Grand Theft Auto III - $5
PSX - NFL Blitz - $1.50
PSX - Wipeout 3 - $1
PSX - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - $1.50
PSX - WWF Warzone - $1
PSX - Rageball - $1.50
PSX - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (GH) - $1
PSX - Newman Haas Racing - $1
PSX - WCW/NWO Thunder - $1

The moral of this story is that if you're going to buy cheap games to trade in, buy PS2 games instead of PSX games. You have a better chance of getting your money back.[/quote]

Call me lazy, but we build a list of PS2 games that with or without the CAG+Edge coupon that would have you come out on top on this deal? Or is it just me, you are trying to get PS1 games banned from the deal list.

I called a couple days ago about my POP Warrior Within pre-order that hadn't come in yet at the Venice Blvd, Los Angeles CA gamerush. The guy I talked to (manager) said he was already looking into my situation, and apologized saying somehow that particular gamerush had not recieved copies of the game for GCN. He had already talked to the regional manager, who would make sure the store either got copies soon, or the regional manager would personally drive to another store and pick up the copies delivering them to the Venice store. He also offered me the rental copy at ten bucks off if I really wanted the game right away.

I was floored when he said this, I am accustomed to gamerush stores not even holding a game for me under my name (they always just grab one from the drawer at other stores), let alone going the extra mile to get the game for me. Most of the time they don't have any idea about the games or when they come out.

I had planned to write a nasty letter to blockbuster about their pre-ordering and not placing specific orders for games people pre-order, since many times they take a pre-order from you, but it has no bearing on whether they will get the game. If you pre-order a game, a specific order should be made and a game held for you. If this whole situation works out I will write a letter commending the manager who helped me.

I traded in:
PS1 Madden 2000
PS1 NHL 99
PS1 NBA Live 99
PS1 Pocket Fighter
PS1 Tony Hawk (original)
PS1 Rally Cross 2
and it added up to $9.00 in trade value, but I grabbed Hawks Undground 2 PS2($44.99) and WarioWare Inc GCN ($29.99) for $10 bucks each because I traded in the six games. The girl at the counter rang it up as $20, but then she also took off the $9 trade value. I felt horrible when my total came up to $11 plus tax. I just paid it and left, feeling bad all the way home because I know she made a mistake by letting me "double dip" on the deals. Oh well, I just paid $6 per game, while gettting rid of those PS1 games that I have been collecting dust for 2 years. I'm not really digging the Tony Hawk game like I thought I would so I put it on ebay, but WarioWare rules.
Thanks guys for letting me know about this deal. By the way, I hope this is the right thread to post my experience...I'm kind of a newbie to this forum and this is my first real deal.

Don't feel bad. That's how it's supposed to work. You get the discount and the credit. That's what makes GameRush such a great place. So any three games can almost definitely get you a newer used game.

[quote name='Felder71']Don't feel bad. That's how it's supposed to work. You get the discount and the credit. That's what makes GameRush such a great place. So any three games can almost definitely get you a newer used game.[/quote]

True. If it does bother you, just remember to shop there after they end the promo. That's what they're doing all of this for... to gain loyal customers. While I won't buy in the volume I do now, I'll still shop at gamerush after these promos end, just because they've been so great to me in the past 6 months.

[quote name='techstar25']I traded in:
PS1 Madden 2000
PS1 NHL 99
PS1 NBA Live 99
PS1 Pocket Fighter
PS1 Tony Hawk (original)
PS1 Rally Cross 2
and it added up to $9.00 in trade value, but I grabbed Hawks Undground 2 PS2($44.99) and WarioWare Inc GCN ($29.99) for $10 bucks each because I traded in the six games. The girl at the counter rang it up as $20, but then she also took off the $9 trade value. I felt horrible when my total came up to $11 plus tax. I just paid it and left, feeling bad all the way home because I know she made a mistake by letting me "double dip" on the deals. Oh well, I just paid $6 per game, while gettting rid of those PS1 games that I have been collecting dust for 2 years. I'm not really digging the Tony Hawk game like I thought I would so I put it on ebay, but WarioWare rules.
Thanks guys for letting me know about this deal. By the way, I hope this is the right thread to post my experience...I'm kind of a newbie to this forum and this is my first real deal.[/quote]

Dude, there's no guilt here. Hang your head high my friend !

So what's the latest on PS1 games being part of the trade 3, get a PO for $10 deal? Last I heard from my local GR was that this doesn't work, but it sounds like a lot of people here are able to pull it off. Are PS1 games officially allowed or is it a "managers discretion" thing?

techster -- that's the deal, there was no double-dip, in the past gr had a deal where they would give you $5 extra per title turned in if you brought in more than 3 while at the same time they had a deal where you could pre-order any game for $30 if you traded in 2 titles, some people were able to double-dip and they should have held their heads in shame

ps1 games are on the flyer so they don't really have discretion, of course it is within the right of any store to refuse service to anyone

[quote name='andrew333']ps1 games are on the flyer so they don't really have discretion, of course it is within the right of any store to refuse service to anyone[/quote]

Okay, that's cool. I'm gonna try it tonight, even though there isn't anything that I'm particularly looking for. I just have three PS1 games and $25 in credit burning a hole in my pocket. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back