Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='sepuku13'][quote name='Wshakspear']Hmmm...thats news to me. I will look into that further if i can...20 off of Halo 2 SE with trade in cedit sounds appatizing to me.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! I havent seen the coupon but heres a rumor from Fatwallet:

I was on my daily trade visit today and a clerk told me that this promo (trade 2, get one 9.99) is supposed to end on September 6th. As of 9/6 the new promo will be "$20 off any pre-order of $29.99 or higher with trade"
[/quote]I'm keeping my trade 3 get any game for $4.99 coupon if that's true. All good things must come to an end.

Anyways, I should get my EGM mag soon, so I'll check the coupon.

[quote name='Nephets']Another thing, I'm going to go out this week and reserve a copy of Metroid Prime 2, with the EGM coupon of "save 20 dollars on any preorder when you trade in 2 games" for Game Rush. You need the coupon for the thing to work, right?[/quote]

Scarface issue, right? What page?

I'm in Virginia. I doubt I have a Game Rush near me, but it really never hurts to check.

Today I went into Gamestop, bought RTX Red Rock and WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It: ended up spending around 11 dollars total. Took those games to Game Rush, got 5 dollars credit total for both games, used the coupon to get 20 dollars off any preorder game, preordered Metroid Prime 2, and put down 5 dollars on it in addition.

So, when November rolls around, I'll be getting Metroid Prime 2 for about 22 dollars out of pocket. :D

Note, an employee who I am sort of friends with (he knows me, as I'm a regular) told me that sometimes they recieve games that people preorder in advance by up to 2-3 days! Not going to be like that with Halo 2, he said... figures.

Oh, and this may be YMMV, but if you trade in more than 10 dollars worth of games, your name will be put into a drawing to get a LE version of Halo 2... I would have been the only one to be put into that drawing if I got more than 10 dollars worth from my two trade-in games... but, nope, I only got 5 dollars for the games... :(

Oh well, can't wait until Prime 2 comes out!

When you use the $20 pre-order coupon, does the money from the two games also get applied to the deal like with the $9.99 pre-owned game deal?

[quote name='sepuku13']I havent seen the coupon but heres a rumor from Fatwallet:

I was on my daily trade visit today and a clerk told me that this promo (trade 2, get one 9.99) is supposed to end on September 6th. As of 9/6 the new promo will be "$20 off any pre-order of $29.99 or higher with trade"
[/quote]

I don't know if this means anything, but I've been to two different GR's and asked when the promotion ends, and both said that they have not received any notice of the promotion's end. In fact, one guy said that GR may keep the promotion because it's been good business for Blockbuster.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='sepuku13']I havent seen the coupon but heres a rumor from Fatwallet:

[/quote]

I don't know if this means anything, but I've been to two different GR's and asked when the promotion ends, and both said that they have not received any notice of the promotion's end. In fact, one guy said that GR may keep the promotion because it's been good business for Blockbuster.[/quote]

I really do hope the trade-in 2, get one PO for 9.99 remains! If so, I'll probably never spend whole retail value on games ever again and just settle for coupons, CAG deals, or PO copies of games thanks to EB, Gamestop, and Gamerush!

Oh, not sure if this has been posted yet, but there's apparently a new deal around, trade in a GBA game and get any new GBA game for 19.99 or less with that GBA game trade-in, not a bad deal, but nothing that really is a great deal like this trade in 2, get one PO.

I have done very well on the trade 2 get one at $9.99 deal, and I fell that GBA deal works good too, it also works for games that run $34.99.

I went earlier today and traded in the following games:

World Series Baseball 2K2 (DC) - 50 cents
Mega Man Legends (PS1) - $1
NHL Hitz 20-02 (GCN) - $2
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (GCN) - $2
Spy Hunter (GCN) - $5
Medal of Honor Frontline (Xbox) - $8

I was able to pick up Spider-Man 2 for free (trade 2 get 1 for $9.99) and a new copy of ESPN NFL 2K5 for $5 and change after using the remaining credit from past purchases. I could've held on to the Mirra and NHL but I still have quite a few games I'm going to trade in later and there's nothing else worth driving up there for so I let them go today while I was there.

I'm thinking about trading in Riddick and something else to reserve Halo 2 with EGM's coupon. The trade in value for Riddick should cover most of the remaining costs for Halo.

I recently traded
PN03(GC)-$21
Harry Potter:pOA(xb)-$21
Onimusha 3(PS2)-$21
Shadow Ops(xb)-$25
and got Kirby's Airride (GC) and DDR:Ultrmx(XB)
are Kirby and DDR worth keeping or should I trade them in?

I wish my GR had a used Spiderman 2. Very lucky.

I think I'm going to GR on Friday, so I hope to get some good games.

I've found like 3 used Spiderman 2's, but I bought 1 and my cousin bought the other, we have since traded them back to GR for $25, so there are some out there.

[quote name='Santurio']I've found like 3 used Spiderman 2's, but I bought 1 and my cousin bought the other, we have since traded them back to GR for $25, so there are some out there.[/quote]

which game rush did you go to? maybe i will go over there, thanks

[quote name='Santurio']I traded those last games at the one on Josie Ln. in Carrolton, but I usually go to the one in Oak Cliff on Jeff-Davis!![/quote]

Any chance one of the Spider-Mans either of you traded in were for Xbox? [-o

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='Santurio']I traded those last games at the one on Josie Ln. in Carrolton, but I usually go to the one in Oak Cliff on Jeff-Davis!![/quote]

Any chance one of the Spider-Mans either of you traded in were for Xbox? [-o

[quote name='Santurio']
and got Kirby's Airride (GC) and DDR:Ultrmx(XB)
are Kirby and DDR worth keeping or should I trade them in?[/quote]

Kirby you should keep only if you've got little kids around, or you use warp-pipe.DDR-if it came with a pad sure, exercise...if not - no

I don't want to drive that for to possibly get Spider Man 2 cheap so it's too sad for me.

The "trade-in 2 games and get 20 dollars off a preorder game" coupon is also in the new GamePro... I think I may use this one too, soon.

Just an FYI for the SE Mich. traders, the Novi store sucks big time right now. I went tonight and they didnt have one $39.99 pre-owned game out. They've got a ton of tradeins waiting to be tagged, I asked about them and the guy told me they lost 7 of their 12 employees in the last week so he doesnt know but he might be able to get to them in the next couple of days =\

But then I went to the Plymouth store and found NCAA 2K5 for xbox so I'm happy =P

[quote name='Nephets']The "trade-in 2 games and get 20 dollars off a preorder game" coupon is also in the new GamePro... I think I may use this one too, soon.[/quote]

What page is the coupon on? I got mine today and browsed through it but only saw the gaming pass coupon and my EGM subscription just ran out. Grrr...

I went to the Harrison Twp (MI) store. They didn't seem to have that much and it took the guy about 20minutes to do the trade in 2 get $20 off PRE-ORDER deal. I actually had to pay for my game in advance....which is no big deal, just didn't seem normal to me.

Oh well, Halo 2 LE for about $30 (since my trade-ins got me only about $7 towards the game!)

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='Nephets']The "trade-in 2 games and get 20 dollars off a preorder game" coupon is also in the new GamePro... I think I may use this one too, soon.[/quote]

What page is the coupon on? I got mine today and browsed through it but only saw the gaming pass coupon and my EGM subscription just ran out. Grrr...[/quote]

The ads are regional. Your region (like mine) probably doesn't get the gamerush coupons.

[quote name='SkiDragon']???
I just went to the novi store and found Metal Slug and La Pucelle Tactics.[/quote]
you just went?

Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:34 am

maybe they just stocked all the good games

[quote name='jshorr']The ads are regional. Your region (like mine) probably doesn't get the gamerush coupons.[/quote]
But but but thats not fair! I live like 2 cities over from Nephets and he got the coupon! :shock:

Blockbuster is based out of Dallas..............we have to get the coupon, we get all the deals for BB or Gamerush!!! I WILL find these coupons, I have too....

[quote name='sepuku13']Just an FYI for the SE Mich. traders, the Novi store sucks big time right now. I went tonight and they didnt have one $39.99 pre-owned game out. They've got a ton of tradeins waiting to be tagged, I asked about them and the guy told me they lost 7 of their 12 employees in the last week so he doesnt know but he might be able to get to them in the next couple of days =\

But then I went to the Plymouth store and found NCAA 2K5 for xbox so I'm happy =P[/quote]

Well, i guess i can start going in there again...hopefully it weeded out the a-holes

I gave 2 2k3 games and got Socom 2 free of charge with $5 credit to spare. Reserved Halo 2 fre of charge by using a coupon I got in the latest EGM by trading DBZ Budokai 2 and NFSU. By the way NFSU is worth $25 so go trade it.

[quote name='Santurio']Blockbuster is based out of Dallas..............we have to get the coupon, we get all the deals for BB or Gamerush!!! I WILL find these coupons, I have too....[/quote]

lol..this is true..god damn ballbuster corporate is based out of dallas BUT we didn't get the movie pass when other states had it during the testing phase..we only got it after everyone else got it

so i guess some of these deals are hit or miss..but GR has had most of the deals that i've seen posted

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='Nephets']The "trade-in 2 games and get 20 dollars off a preorder game" coupon is also in the new GamePro... I think I may use this one too, soon.[/quote]

What page is the coupon on? I got mine today and browsed through it but only saw the gaming pass coupon and my EGM subscription just ran out. Grrr...[/quote]

In my magazine, and it should be the same for you... the ad is next to the Kameo: Elements of Power preview (last page of the preview: page 58 ), and the page behind the Game Rush ad is a sneak preview for Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (page 60).

I hope you guys in the Dallas area have the coupons... as it's sort of ridiculous if you don't! Since that is right, I do live only about 2 cities over from Polobear.

I've also noticed that a lot of posters from the Game Rush thread are near Dallas. That's cool. :twisted:

Just my luck, I double checked my GamePro and it's got the Blockbuster Update Your Resume coupon for unlimited gaming for only $14.99. Bah... ](*,)

[quote name='video_gamer324']Hey, good news for all of you who bought EQOA (PS2) for $5 at Best Buy - if you still have it, GameRush will give you $21 in credit for it![/quote]

Is that the 1st or 2nd Everquest? I tried to sell the 1st one that I got for free from buying the network adapter but the dude said that the system won't allow them to buy it back, even tho I saw a used one for sale...

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='video_gamer324']Hey, good news for all of you who bought EQOA (PS2) for $5 at Best Buy - if you still have it, GameRush will give you $21 in credit for it![/quote]

Is that the 1st or 2nd Everquest? I tried to sell the 1st one that I got for free from buying the network adapter but the dude said that the system won't allow them to buy it back, even tho I saw a used one for sale...[/quote]

This was the first one. I saw a copy for sale as well, and when I asked the guy how much they were giving for it, he seemed to have trouble with his computer, but I received the quote from him nevertheless. I haven't tried trading it in yet, so it must be YMMV.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='video_gamer324']Hey, good news for all of you who bought EQOA (PS2) for $5 at Best Buy - if you still have it, GameRush will give you $21 in credit for it![/quote]

Is that the 1st or 2nd Everquest? I tried to sell the 1st one that I got for free from buying the network adapter but the dude said that the system won't allow them to buy it back, even tho I saw a used one for sale...[/quote]

This was the first one. I saw a copy for sale as well, and when I asked the guy how much they were giving for it, he seemed to have trouble with his computer, but I received the quote from him nevertheless. I haven't tried trading it in yet, so it must be YMMV.[/quote]I'm not sure why, but they wouldn't take my Pac Man Fever game. I'm stuck with this crappy party game forever. :cry:

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='video_gamer324']Hey, good news for all of you who bought EQOA (PS2) for $5 at Best Buy - if you still have it, GameRush will give you $21 in credit for it![/quote]

Yeah, I tried to trade the 1st one in and they said since it had a code or whatever that they couldn't take it.

Damn, I'm pretty sure I could trick some employees that work at the after-hours of the store with Everquest, as I seriously saw one to buy PO at the Town East Game Rush once, maybe I'll try to get 21 bucks for it next time I'm out.

Just traded in the Hobbit (xbox - $13) and Guilty Gear X (GBA - $5) for Halo 2 LE. Got the $20 off, plus $18 in trade = one helluva deal for Halo 2!!

But, the person behind the counter was a complete farthead. she didn't have a clue. I'm excited for my deal, but nervous they screwed something up.

When Zelda 64 came out, they screwed up my preorder and i almost didn't get a copy the day it came out. Ever since then, i'm always nervous when i pre-order. Game stores often hire morons, unfortunately.

oh man i was just at farmington hills MI gamerush and that store has really gone downhill. i didnt see a single game worth scamming them to get for 5 dollars with my coupon.

[quote name='racthamp']there is a gamerush just open near my place.. what type of promotion do they have now? thanx[/quote]

A few, these you don't need coupons for:

Trade in any GBA game and get any new GBA game for 20 dollars or less.

Trade in any two (PSX, PS2, GCN, XB) games and get any PO game for 9.99.

Now, if you have the approiate coupon (found in gaming magazines):

Trade in any two games (PSX, PS2, GCN, XB) and get 20 dollars off a preorder game.

Note: not all Game Rushes accept PSX games as apart of the trade-in deals.

Plus, there's always the BOGO/B1G1 half off deal for GBC/DC games.

[quote name='racthamp']there is a gamerush just open near my place.. what type of promotion do they have now? thanx[/quote]
One promo that I didn't see Nephets list is the - Buy 1 PO game, Get 1 half off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back