Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

I'll be heading down to Ft. Worth this weekend and that's the only GR I have around me. Can you guys tell me what promotions they have going right now?

Do they still have the trade two get one for $9.99?

jesus wshakspear a measley 3.50 for super metroid...HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT!?

well i only paid 10 dollars for it new at target back when n64 came out and they were clearancing off snes games. but still its a great game one of the best of all time and at 6.99 i might have to pick up an extra copy (it usually goes for like 19.99 at gamestop)

I saw one of mine drop the sega game prices also. Very cheap, but didn't get any cuz they looked like they were all very old sports titles. The only sports titles I would consider are probably NBA Jam and Mutant League Football, but I didn't see any.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Yeah, I remember that Wixom store had Super Metroid, but it was always $29.99 when I saw it.[/quote]well, when i peeled the 6.99 sticker off, i was staring at its 29.99 price :)

and for pissy stupid people, no, i did not switch stickers, nor did they have to manualy mark it down to 6.99

Just picked up these games at gamerush. The gr next to me is usually jam packed with games. Im gonna head back after i get some more games to trade in, hopefully they will have the deal for ever. :)

ps2:
harry potter 3
splinter cell pandora tommorow
nfs underground
showdown legends of wrestling
low rider

xbox:
ncaa 2005
tiger woods 2004

Dracula, what GR's in SoCal you talking about? I will be building alot of these (we are finishing one tomorrow, and 2 more next week).

Why do I have this bad feeling there are going to be some people at all these newly opening Gamerushes that go and do something stupid that gets most of the rules rewritten?

[quote name='JSweeney']Why do I have this bad feeling there are going to be some people at all these newly opening Gamerushes that go and do something stupid that gets most of the rules rewritten?[/quote]

they only let you do the trade in 2 get any used game for $10 once per day. I dont think they will be doing that promotion indefinitely, just bc they have a new store and want to bring in new customers?

gizmog, the gamerushes i am talking about that they keep pushing the opening dates back are on venice blvd and a couple of the ones on sepulveda blvd.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='JSweeney']Why do I have this bad feeling there are going to be some people at all these newly opening Gamerushes that go and do something stupid that gets most of the rules rewritten?[/quote]

they only let you do the trade in 2 get any used game for $10 once per day. I dont think they will be doing that promotion indefinitely, just bc they have a new store and want to bring in new customers?

gizmog, the gamerushes i am talking about that they keep pushing the opening dates back are on venice blvd and a couple of the ones on sepulveda blvd.[/quote]

honestly at this point, unless you are using the deal to try to build store credit, it's of no use..

most of their games are so scratched up that it isn't really worth it anymore

they need to stop putting rental copies on the shelves, but then again that's where they make their money

and they need to enforce stricter trade-in rules..must have instructions and case

Here's my haul of old NES and SNES games from today. These were all buy 1 get 1 half off too.

SNES
Killer Instinct $6.99
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past $6.99
Super Metroid $6.99
Super Punchout $6.99
Super Bomberman 2 $4.99
F-Zero $4.99
Pilotwings $2.99
Secret of Mana $2.99

NES
Mega Man 3 $6.99
Castlevania $6.99
Castlevania $6.99
Double Dragon $4.99
Double Dragon 2 $4.99
Zelda II $4.99

I also picked up Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the PS2 and XBox for $19.99 each used.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Here's my haul of old NES and SNES games from today. These were all buy 1 get 1 half off too.

SNES
Killer Instinct $6.99
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past $6.99
Super Metroid $6.99
Super Punchout $6.99
Super Bomberman 2 $4.99
F-Zero $4.99
Pilotwings $2.99
Secret of Mana $2.99

NES
Mega Man 3 $6.99
Castlevania $6.99
Castlevania $6.99
Double Dragon $4.99
Double Dragon 2 $4.99
Zelda II $4.99

I also picked up Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the PS2 and XBox for $19.99 each used.[/quote]

Let me guess, commerce?

[quote name='bhfgamer']Anyone know how much the Zelda Collectors Edition is worth?[/quote]

They don't buy these period. They did however have the promo Zelda +Master Quest for $4.99 new. Some of these BB's have great stuff just sitting in the back for years...

Alright, so who went and bought all the WWF Warzones at the Westland Meijer =( I would complain more if I hadnt gotten a ton already.

[quote name='sepuku13']Alright, so who went and bought all the WWF Warzones at the Westland Meijer =( I would complain more if I hadnt gotten a ton already.[/quote]

yea they had a TON! I only bought maybe 7 or so 3 weeks, maybe longer ago.

Wshakspear - couple from Novi, most from Farmington and Commerce

On a side note, I just got a job at the Commerce location. My official title is shift leader, which is pretty cool since my only other jobs have been entry level at MC Sports and Best Buy. I've got orientation in a couple weeks and then I'll be training at the Wixom store for a few days. I'll also be holding on to my Best Buy job, hopefully just working Sundays. Gotta keep that discount! I imagine it's going to be tough to balance two jobs and 16 credit hours while commuting to Michigan State though...

[quote name='drfrielgood']Wshakspear - couple from Novi, most from Farmington and Commerce

On a side note, I just got a job at the Commerce location. My official title is shift leader, which is pretty cool since my only other jobs have been entry level at MC Sports and Best Buy. I've got orientation in a couple weeks and then I'll be training at the Wixom store for a few days. I'll also be holding on to my Best Buy job, hopefully just working Sundays. Gotta keep that discount! I imagine it's going to be tough to balance two jobs and 16 credit hours while commuting to Michigan State though...[/quote]

Watch out for some a-hole with a white-spot in his hair...it might be me :)

I just went down to the only GameRush in Oregon, down in Wilsonville. I thought their setup pretty cool, but had a minor problem.

Apparently something happened with their GameRush computer system. The employee there told me that it was causing everyone's birthday in their system to be invalid, rendering every account invalid for the time being. Disappointing, as I drove 30 minutes from Portland to get there. It was alright, I went over to Fry's nearby, played some DDR there, and bought Donkey Kong 3 e-reader for a quarter, lol.

As for GameRush, the employee said that I could trade in 10 games to get 5 games for $9.99 each a day. That's pretty good. He also said that GBA games can be cart only, which is nice.

I looked through the selection, and while finding nothing great, I had him hold the following games:

Drakangard
Hitman: Contracts
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Party 5
SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs

I also saw Grandia (PSX) in great condition. Worth picking up? Nothing excellent in the SNES selection, but I did see Super Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Avalanche, and Gradius III.

Well, I went back later that night, with their systems working again. I traded in these 10 games:

C: The Contra Adventure $2.00
Contra: Legacy of War $1.50
Mega Man 8 $1.50
Mega Man X5 $1.50
Beyond Good & Evil $8.00 (CC Game)
Frequency $5.00 (CC Game)
Duel Masters: Sempai Legends $12.00
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity $5.00
Mega Man Battle Network $5.00
Mega Man Battle Network 2 $5.00
TOTAL CREDIT $46.50

Paid $3.50 in cash and ended up getting:

Drakangard (No Manual)
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
Mario Party 5

Sure I could've boughten sports games instead, or sold these games elsewhere for more money, but they get decent trade in value over sports games. If I brought in old sports games, probably would've had to pay $40.00 instead of $3.50. Plus I got rid of this excess clutter to make room for other games.

i got a coupon for trade 3 of any games (even ps1) get a used for 4.99 in this month's OPM. Not sure what im gonna use it on though...

I guess none of the Michiganders are going to have any chance at all to see me unless the make treks out to the Warren, St. Clair Shores, or New Baltimore Blockbusters.

Probably a good thing... we aren't canabalizing the same game bases.

[quote name='"Mustang O-Line 75"']It's gamerush heaven in SoCal right now

I went to three blockbusters and they were all being turned into gamerushes

that rocks bigtime

There are alot of blockbuster stores around here, but no gamerush. :( Does anyone know if they plan to make any stores in CT into gamerushes?

About 2 hours ago, I stroll into my Blockbuster hoping to rent Kill Bill 2 and the new National Lampoon movie but what do ya know? All of the copies have been rented. So I stroll into the GameRush section and look at the Xbox games on the shelf, nothing too great. Then I ask the employee if they have any games that aren't on the shelf and he points to this stack of about 20 games. What do I see in it? NCAA Football 2005 and Sudeki. Woohoo! Now if I could only find the one game I truly want -- METAL SLUG 3... :?

I ran to about 4 GameRush is So Cal. (Glendale, Diamond Bar, San Dimas, West Covina) and traded in:

Twisted Metal Black - $3
All Star Baseball 2002 (GC) - $3
NBA 2K3 (GC) - $2
Shinobi - $7
007 Nightfire (PS2) - $8
The Bouncer $7

And paid $2.43 total and got:

SOCOM II
Mario Golf

Not a bad deal considering all the games traded in are meh.

[quote name='gizmogc']So Cal locations soon..

Port Hueneme
Santa Barbra (Yeah, not really Socal)
Camrillo
Oxnard
Simi Valley (My store!!!!!)[/quote]

We are getting some in OC too:

Fountain Valley
Garden Grove
Huntington Beach

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I ran to about 4 GameRush is So Cal. (Glendale, Diamond Bar, San Dimas, West Covina) and traded in:

Twisted Metal Black - $3
All Star Baseball 2002 (GC) - $3
NBA 2K3 (GC) - $2
Shinobi - $7
007 Nightfire (PS2) - $8
The Bouncer $7

And paid $2.43 total and got:

SOCOM II
Mario Golf

Not a bad deal considering all the games traded in are meh.[/quote]

awww man not twisted metal black that game owns

[quote name='Nephets']Anyone in the Dallas area find TOS PO? :lol:

Well, it doesn't hurt to ask...[/quote]What makes you think I'll trade it to you? :wink:

I was at a GameRush today in CA in the LA area. Think I am going to go back and get Final Fantasy CC for Gamecube for $10 with the trade in deal

Also anyone know the trade in value of Resident Evil Dead Aim, thx

[quote name='MasterSun1']I just went down to the only GameRush in Oregon, down in Wilsonville. I thought their setup pretty cool, but had a minor problem.

Apparently something happened with their GameRush computer system. The employee there told me that it was causing everyone's birthday in their system to be invalid, rendering every account invalid for the time being. Disappointing, as I drove 30 minutes from Portland to get there. It was alright, I went over to Fry's nearby, played some DDR there, and bought Donkey Kong 3 e-reader for a quarter, lol.

As for GameRush, the employee said that I could trade in 10 games to get 5 games for $9.99 each a day. That's pretty good. He also said that GBA games can be cart only, which is nice.

I looked through the selection, and while finding nothing great, I had him hold the following games:

Drakangard
Mario Party 5
SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs

I also saw Grandia (PSX) in great condition. Worth picking up? Nothing excellent in the SNES selection, but I did see Super Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Avalanche, and Gradius III.[/quote]

that's funny, I drive from Vancouver to that GameRush about once a week looking for some deals. It is quite the pain to drive through Portland traffic, but the deals I get on games make up for it!

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Anybody know what the trade-in values for ESPN NBA and College Hoops are?[/quote]NBA for Xbox is now down to $7 at my GameRush. I still traded it in, though.

I just got back from GR, I got Tomba(PS1) for $9.99 and SF Alpha 3(DC) for $6.99.

EDIT: I also saw MM Legends 1 & 2 for $4.99 each, are these games good?

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']I just got back from GR, I got Tomba(PS1) for $9.99 and SF Alpha 3(DC) for $6.99.

EDIT: I also saw MM Legends 1 & 2 for $4.99 each, are these games good?[/quote]

Oh yeah, never played the second but I wish I could have had the chance, I loved the first, played it to death. Definately worth 5 dollars each.

Another thing, I'm going to go out this week and reserve a copy of Metroid Prime 2, with the EGM coupon of "save 20 dollars on any preorder when you trade in 2 games" for Game Rush. You need the coupon for the thing to work, right?

[quote name='Nephets']Another thing, I'm going to go out this week and reserve a copy of Metroid Prime 2, with the EGM coupon of "save 20 dollars on any preorder when you trade in 2 games" for Game Rush. You need the coupon for the thing to work, right?[/quote]

Hmmm...thats news to me. I will look into that further if i can...20 off of Halo 2 SE with trade in cedit sounds appatizing to me.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Hmmm...thats news to me. I will look into that further if i can...20 off of Halo 2 SE with trade in cedit sounds appatizing to me.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! I havent seen the coupon but heres a rumor from Fatwallet:

I was on my daily trade visit today and a clerk told me that this promo (trade 2, get one 9.99) is supposed to end on September 6th. As of 9/6 the new promo will be "$20 off any pre-order of $29.99 or higher with trade"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back