Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

I just got TWO coupons in the mail for GAMERUSH.

1. Get $10 OFF any new game priced $39.99 or more.....no trade in necessary.

2. Get an EXTRA $10 IN-STORE Credit with any game trade in.

I may try to combine the second one with the current trade in 2 games get $20 off preorder.

That would kick ass.

Question:

If Game Rush catches you selling multiple copies of Drake to their other stores, can they cancel the pre-orders?

I went to 3 different stores and traded-in 2 drakes each, and got 3 pre-orders. Thing is I have 2 more drakes that I would like to sell. Can I wait untill another day and sell them at a store I sold the other 2? If I am caught (not illegal), can they cancel all my pre-orders? Or is it they will not honor future trade-ins of drake?

i went today, the store i went to refused to honor the 10 extra dollars on a trade in, you have to go to the store that sent it out. it says on the coupons somewhere, anyways,
traded in 5 games, each with a trade in value of 2 dollars and the system wouldn't let them give me the extra 5 dollars because they can't pay more then they sell them for.
they gave me the extra money by just doing a give credit thingy, but from now on the won't do that.

i got 35 dollars for the games and then got Jedi academy with my trade in 3 get on for 4.99 coupon, so 30 dollars in credit and a game.

I still haven't gone to GameRush since they ended the $9.99 deal. Need to go soon.

Couldn't find the post about the preorder deal so I'll have to ask. Do playstation games count towards a game traded in for the preorder deal? I'm hoping to not have to trade in any more of my games and just buy games over at GameStop to trade in.

Gambit3366- I believe you are only allowed to trade in at max 2 of the same title per month. i tried to trade in 3 pn03, but the guy told me i couldnt, so i couldnt preorder a game.

I pre-ordered Resident Evil 4 today by trading in Zelda:WW and Knockout Kings 2003 (CC $5.00 game). Only had to pay about $14.00.

Any chance the people that pre-order RE 4 will get something free later on? I hope.

But if they find out that I in fact did trade in more then 2 copies at various stores, Can they cancel a pre-order that was already paid for?

sj41: PS1 games do NOT count for the preorder deal. Only PS2, GC, Xbox, and GBA games apply.

toocool17: I think the only limitation is that you can't trade more than two copies of a game per visit. However, if they see you trading in the same game too many times, you're just asking to be banned.

Green-Bull: GameRush doesn't really have any preorder bonuses, so you'll most likely just get the game.

I was in a GameRush in Waterford, MI today and the chick behind the counter was telling all the employees about the extra $5 per game on trade-ins of 3 and more. Then she described the new pre-order policy.

She said: Trade in 2 games and get $20 off a preorder game + the trade-in value of the games. If you pre-pay the 29.99 + tax, you don't need the coupon for the $20 off.

about the bonuses, you kinda have to keep on them about it and remind them, so far they have gotten some of the free demos and stuff that I know of like Fable Dvd.

[quote name='Gambit3366']But if they find out that I in fact did trade in more then 2 copies at various stores, Can they cancel a pre-order that was already paid for?[/quote]

Each store keeps its own separate records, so your transactions at one store don't show up on your account at another store. Also, they're not going to cancel any preorders you already have because since you took advantage of their deal, they'd also have to refund your trades, which is a pain in the butt for them. Bottom line is, don't worry - you're fine. :)

Ya the only bonus I have seen so far is the fable dvd, as for other bonuses i've seen nothing, really was looking for the Star Wars Battlefront action figure, I would preorder that from them in a heartbeat if they had the figure or would get it but no :( Also I have traded in 2 of the same title at once, no problems whatsoever but seeing as how theres tons of GR around here I dont wanna risk getting banned so I scatter trades among the different stores.

Same here. 6 on pre-order.

Doom 3
Prince of persia 2
Fable
Need for speed underground 2
Halo 2
Bards tale

I traded 2 drakes and 1 five doller circuit city game to pay for Burnout 3 PLUS Resident evil deluxe edition.

does any one know whether or not that Jade empire is available for presale? If so, then I'll be picking this one up. ;)

[quote name='Gambit3366']Same here. 6 on pre-order.

Doom 3
Prince of persia 2
Fable
Need for speed underground 2
Halo 2
Bards tale

I traded 2 drakes and 1 five doller circuit city game to pay for Burnout 3 PLUS Resident evil deluxe edition.[/quote]

Didn't Doom 3 come out about a month ago? Or are you talking about the Xbox version?

Actually I've seen my local GameRush sell PC games, even tho it was prolly only about 5 max. They did have Halo PC for $19.99 back in May when just about everywhere else sold it for $39.99. I've also seen Vice City and some online Star Wars games. Weird thing tho, every time I've seen a PC game there, its always been around 50% off...

Just made my final deals for the time being. Usually this time of year I complain how I'm never gonna afford all these games for Christmas, not this year ;). I managed to get Donkey Konga and Metal Gear Solid 3 today before I take off, total of 4 games so far. I might go back for Resident Evil 4, its questionable if a deal like this would ever happen again this year. Unfortunately I asked them if they were getting Taiko Drummaster but they said they aren't.

Here's a couple more values (some games I used for +5 and the 29.99 combo deal):

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (GC) $2
Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA) $2

I've been noticing that workers at game rush are a lot nicer than workers at EB or Gamestop, at least at mine.

This has to be the best deal of my life.

Went to Gamestop Bought:

2 Drakes: $15

Went to GameRush traded in:

2 Drakes: $44
Sonic Advance: $5
Harry Potter2: $5

I also got an extra $5 per game

$5 X 4=$20

So I spent $15 and now have $74

I preordered Devil May Cry 3 $40
and............. Prince of Persia2 $50
minus $20 per preorder -$40

So basically I got two games and $5 for free.

Game Rush is now my favorite store!

Sockey, did they let you combine the trade in 3+ get $5 off for each, and the trade 2 games in towards a preorder and get $20 off deals?

That is sweet, hopefully my gamerush does because I am going to try the same type of deal as you did in a few days.

[quote name='dabomb75']Sockey, did they let you combine the trade in 3+ get $5 off for each, and the trade 2 games in towards a preorder and get $20 off deals?

That is sweet, hopefully my gamerush does because I am going to try the same type of deal as you did in a few days.[/quote]

Yes they did, it's a preety awsome deal :D

I've got one of those coupons, trade 3 get a PO for 4.99 that expires on 9/14. Now that the trade 2 get a PO for 9.99 is over (at least in most stores) for a week or so now, I am hoping that when I go on 9/14 there will be a good selection. Most of the times I have gone to GR I have gotten lucky with some good titles but that's in part due to me bust balls about titles behind the counter, not yet checked-in trades, etc. Usually there was nothing new on the shelves. The best deal now without a coupon is the pre-order deal, I am wondering if people will be trading in mostly crap for the trade-in stuff or if there will be some good used ones there.

[quote name='goku_saiyin_lord']i see is the preorder one 29.99 or 39.99?[/quote]

29.99.....with tradein of 2

Im glad you guys are getting the deal for the +$5 per game after 3 traded in. I have yet to get this deal on top of the 2 for $29.99 preorder. Should i tell them about it or should i look for one of their barcodes on the side and point them to it? Another thing to i noticed,one time i went and couldnt preorder any game that wasnt on their list. The next time i preordered Close Combat:First to fight(xbox) and that wasnt on their list and they let me get that and Doom 3(xbox). I thought that was kinda strange

Sockey

Are you allowed to use the $5 bonus plus $20 off on the same transaction? I can see going back and using it but I don't think both will be allowed the same time.

off topic but ive always wondered why is the postcount thing the monopoly man.....that guy is loaded..... if ur a cheap ass gamer you are or used to be poor

[quote name='buster90']Sockey

Are you allowed to use the $5 bonus plus $20 off on the same transaction? I can see going back and using it but I don't think both will be allowed the same time.[/quote]

The person at my BB let me but this is a definant YMMV, the person working at your bb might not let you do this.

Newest EGM (November issue #184 with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the front) has 3 coupons in it on page 53. They expire 11-30-04.

1. Trade in 5 games (GC, XBOX, PS2 or GBA) and get any pre-owned game for $1. Excludes PS1 games.

2. Trade in 4 games (GC, XBOX, PS2 or GBA) and get any pre-owned game for $5. Excludes PS1 games.

Here's the best one.
3. Trade in 3 games (PS1, GC, XBOX, PS2 or GBA) and get any pre-owned game for $10. PS1 games NOT excluded with this coupon.

Hope they get in a copy of Second Sight so I can get it by using the 3rd coupon.

[quote name='buster90']^^^^

I guess the trade 2 get any used game deal is over cause they ran that at my store for like 9 months.[/quote]

yep that deal is dead

damnit..i wish they kept that deal...sooner or later my GR is going to get tails of symp soon and was going to jump all over it...oh well!

Well, I don't know if you guys got those flyers with the coupons. It has one for "get an extra $10 on a trade-in" and one for "get $10 off a new game $39.99 or more."

Now, with the old deal the highest I saw a used game for there as $39.99. You got that for $9.99 (after 2 trades). Savings of - $30.

Now if you take your same two trades with 2 sets of the new coupons (They usually give me all of them I want in the store but, again depending if your store got them or not. I don't know if they are nation wide) 2 trades (with 2 coupons) $20, then the $10 off one. So, you get a $50 game for $20.

In conclusion, this is a new game (as opposed to used) and it's roughly the same price as the old deal (pound for pound, anyway). Although this "deal" takes a day or two longer to do.

called my gamerush (st clair shores mi) and they said they still have 30$ preorder with 2 tradeins...... but they dont know when it ends ......hey do u guys think i should get san andreas or wait to d/l it for comp if i have the right specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back