Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula']so far i have ten preorders, a couple hundred in credit, and about sixty dollars out of pocket, here are the preorders:

xbx
fatal frame 2
halo 2
fable

gc
donkey konga
metroid prime 2
paper mario 2

ps2
san andreas
shin megami tensei nocturne, 3 of 'em

i may have to preorder bards tale, i will also try to get Ys vi ark of napishtim and the new time crisis game.

they give so much for so little it ought to be a crime[/quote]

It was the Drakes wasn't it? :D[/quote]

i did 6 drakes which i bought at 5.40 each at gamestop after ten percent off used games with the card, 3 culdecept at 6 bucks apiece at last months eb bogo sale in hollywood, 2 space channel 5 got for ten apiece, those all fetch 27 in trade in cred at GR

also traded a ton of psone/n64 games that i got for about fifty cents each, or less at goodwill over the years. most of the psone/n64 games i used toward the ten preorders.

anyways, they were pox titles and had to go, but they really let me get a ton of games i would never afford to get at fifty bucks apiece. I just hope the shin megami tensei nocturnes i preordered come with the soundtrack. atlus says any place that lets you preorder nocturne will have the soundtrack included on the preorder, like phantom braves preorders. I considered getting about a hundred drakes and trading them into a hundred nocturne preorders, bc i figured if nocturne sells well in the usa, then we will see more atlus games here, but i would have to preorder a thousand or so nocturnes, and i dont have that many culdecepts and drakes, :D[/quote]

Does space channel 5 get $22 or $27. Or is it $27 because of the "Get $5 if you trade-in 3" thing?[/quote]

they all get 22 and another 5 if you trade in 3 or more games[/quote]

Space Channel 5 gets $25, yes $25 without adding on the $5 for 3 games.

1. Drake is a cheap Xbox game that costs I think $6-8 at Gamestop. Ebgames.com had them new for $5.00 a few months ago. They net $22 credit at Game Rush.

2. YMMV. SOme stores like mine will NOT give you the extra $5 if the game is valued at less than $5. Some however will. Depends on the clerk at the store at the time and the manager.

Just got the trade 3 bonus bucks and the $20 off preorder Grand Theft Auto Combo deal. The store manager gave it to me I didn't even ask.

will they give me a problem if I take in 4 copies of Drake and two other games? Also, are they still giving $15 for the old duke controllers?

I am debating doing the old controler thing to get a few new PS2 ones. My old controlers are kinda beat up and wouldn't mind getting at least one good one for cheap

I traded Drake into my local Blockbuster for 22 bucks in credit. I don't have a GameRush, so these are BB's trade-in prices too most likely. Picked up an Akuma controller :D

AAAAAAHHHH this pisses me off.....my gamerush only accepts ps2 xbox gc and gba for their gay little promo offer....THEY SHOULDNT DO THIS ITS NOT FAIR....god im so pissed off right now sry.......im callin gamerush right now to btich at them and see if i can wear them down

Goku I think all gamerushes are only accepting ps2 xbox and gc games for the promo, and rs600cubed no one knows when the drake price will end or if it will end, but if your gonna take advantage of it, do it now.

but on the ad it doesnt specify which platforms they'll take it jes say preorder 29.99 with "2 trades ins" no fine print at all and to rs600cubed maybe you can call ur gamerush and ask, if they wont tell you you have no worries to be caught cuz there not gonna remember ur voice....and besides its fully legal to do that cuz its a whaaaaaa? loooooooophoooooooole gotta love em :lol:

Picked up my Fable preorder. I saw that they had Guilty Gear X2 # Reloaded for sale and was angry at myself for not bringing my GameRush card since I have so much credit on it. Oh well.

took another drake and hitman 2 and megaman zero 2 up to gamerush tonight got 54 bucks total credit used 30 of it to pay for halo 2 (non-collectors)

is the Drake pricing end tonight? my stupid Fedex, did not drop off my gamestop order and they'll redeliver it tomorrow.. if that's the case.. i'm majorly screwed...

day 3 of my GR life
traded in using the last trade 3 get any used for $4.99 coupon i had.
xbox
Max Payne 2 - $10 (bought it over the weekend from a friend for $5)
PS2
Midways Arcade Treasures - $12
Twisted Metal Black - $10

Got
NCAA Football 2005
$26.51 BB credit

my take the last 3 days
i traded -------------------- i got
nba live 2004 ------------- Star Wars Battlefront
mvp 2004 --------------- $127 BB store credit
ncaa football 2005 - ----- 2 copies of NCAA Football 2005 to trade in
the suffering
ssx tricky
thps3
mgs 2
Max Payne 2
Midway Arcade Treasures
Twisted Metal Black

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also hit up all the local game stores and got 2 copies of Drake for $6 each. Those will pair up nicely with the 2 copies of NCAA 2005 i've acquired for around $8 total of my credit after using the trade in coupons.
They are out $35 trade in value games so tomorrow i'm gonna trade in a Drake, NCAA 2005, madden 2002 and get a preorder of something and around $30 more $credit$. :D
Then go back the next day and trade in Manhunt, GTA:VC, Castlevania LOI, Drake using the trade 4 games get any used for $5 coupon and get back my NCAA 2005 and some more store $credit$.:D
Now i'll be left with 2 copies of NCAA 2005 worth $35 each to trade, it sucks because they have nothing else in the store with top trade value. Hopefully someone will trade in a Fable since i actually want that game.

Not a single copy of Drake within 10 miles of me. However, I have found the next best thing, and for everyone else who has been having trouble finding Drake, try my suggestion - Metal Gear Solid 2 for PS2. gamestop.com now has it for $5 (and so do many of the B&M locations), and GR gives $12 for it (after the extra $5 per game). Not the best deal, but considering that MGS2 will almost always be in-stock and you can get a preorder for just over $16, I see it as a viable alternative to Drake.

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know when is the Drake gonna drop in price?[/quote]nobody knows. how's that? since you like to ask the question again and again i will say no and i hope that makes you happy since you hot your answer. :evil: okay, i'm better now. :)

[quote name='buster90']^^^

Drake was $4.99 at ebgames in June and this special lasted a month. Kinda wish now I bought 100 copies.[/quote]

It's still $5.99 at Gamestop.....

[quote name='racthamp']haha.. thanx.. i didn't get any answer.. so now.. i'm also happy!..[/quote]I was just kidding btw. :)

I just went to GameRush today and the sticker price of Drake was $34.99, so it's trade in value should still be about the same.

Did anyone trade in a copy of Drake to the Lavon Drive location? I was suprised to see a copy on the shelf. I'm hoping I can get in on the trade in value of Drake as well. 8)

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='racthamp']haha.. thanx.. i didn't get any answer.. so now.. i'm also happy!..[/quote]I was just kidding btw. :)

I just went to GameRush today and the sticker price of Drake was $34.99, so it's trade in value should still be about the same.

Did anyone trade in a copy of Drake to the Lavon Drive location? I was suprised to see a copy on the shelf. I'm hoping I can get in on the trade in value of Drake as well. 8)[/quote]
I saw the Drake there last night! I've been thinkin about doing it myself too. :D Do ya know if they'd combine the trade 3 and the preorder deal at the Lavon location? Also, do they have a list of what games you can or can't preorder?

lol i went to BB and the lady was like we got too many of these

then she said are they like giving these out for free?

she called some bossed lady and finally let me trade it in

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='racthamp']haha.. thanx.. i didn't get any answer.. so now.. i'm also happy!..[/quote]I was just kidding btw. :)

Did anyone trade in a copy of Drake to the Lavon Drive location? I was suprised to see a copy on the shelf. I'm hoping I can get in on the trade in value of Drake as well. 8)[/quote]
I saw the Drake there last night! I've been thinkin about doing it myself too. :D Do ya know if they'd combine the trade 3 and the preorder deal at the Lavon location? Also, do they have a list of what games you can or can't preorder?[/quote]I haven't even seen any signs, posters, or sheets of paper at that GameRush about the preorder deal. I haven't done any trading of games in awhile, so I'm not sure. I'll ask the next time I stop by for sure.

I have a question... Has anybody tried trading in 4 or 6 games in and wound up getting both the $5 extra per game and the $20 off multiple pre-orders? Just curious. :)

Polo i havent got those 2 deals to mix yet. Some members here have said that theyve received both deals at the same time. Congrats to them. I have a question. I glanced at the screen today of my account when i went to pick up my Fable preorder. I noticed it because i saw 2 sets of bars flashing,so i tried to sneak a peak. I saw something saying, Customer can only trade in 2 copies of same game. Also i saw games i traded in more than once flashing. Drake,Robin Hood:Defender of the Crown,Culdcept(which i only traded once) and Bombastic if i remember correctly. Now if i took a Drake to another location will they see this on my account? They always take my BB card first. They dont check my Gamerush card until its time to +/- credit.

So i was wondering since most stores here(GA) where ive traded check my BB card first,will they see these transactions? I dont wanna get banned. I do have like 8 games left preordered with a little over $100 in credit left(very envious of the +$200 crowd :D ) Any pointers? I still have a couple of those games left that i wanna use for preorders but i dont wanna trade them and they tell me im banned. Is it something i should be concerned with or what? Thx in advance

[quote name='Usa Ghost']Polo i havent got those 2 deals to mix yet. Some members here have said that theyve received both deals at the same time. Congrats to them. I have a question. I glanced at the screen today of my account when i went to pick up my Fable preorder. I noticed it because i saw 2 sets of bars flashing,so i tried to sneak a peak. I saw something saying, Customer can only trade in 2 copies of same game. Also i saw games i traded in more than once flashing. Drake,Robin Hood:Defender of the Crown,Culdcept(which i only traded once) and Bombastic if i remember correctly. Now if i took a Drake to another location will they see this on my account? They always take my BB card first. They dont check my Gamerush card until its time to +/- credit.

So i was wondering since most stores here(GA) where ive traded check my BB card first,will they see these transactions? I dont wanna get banned. I do have like 8 games left preordered with a little over $100 in credit left(very envious of the +$200 crowd :D ) Any pointers? I still have a couple of those games left that i wanna use for preorders but i dont wanna trade them and they tell me im banned. Is it something i should be concerned with or what? Thx in advance[/quote]

They cannot ban you since you are following the rules. You can only trade 2 copies at a time. As long as you follow the rules, the worst they can do is say "We have too many Drakes and we can't take anymore." This happened to me yesterday at 1 particular store. But I still have 2 stores with employees who ENCOURAGED me to buy as many Drakes as possible and trade them in. TRy different stores if possible. But again, they may try to SCARE you by saying they will ban you, but it they did, they would have a huge lawsuit on their hands.

[quote name='polobearjp']I saw the Drake there last night! I've been thinkin about doing it myself too. :D Do ya know if they'd combine the trade 3 and the preorder deal at the Lavon location? Also, do they have a list of what games you can or can't preorder?[/quote]

They wouldn't let me do both deals last time i tried at lavon Dr., but it wasn't a gamerush employee, maybe another employee will do it for you.
I did get both deals at the Campbell location yesterday, though, and preordered x-men legends.

-aarif1.

My GR is awesome - they combine the extra $5 deal with other offers, even coupons! Just yesterday I was able to trade in three games, get an extra $5 per game, and use my coupon to get a preowned game for $4.99. How's that for a deal?!

[quote name='aarif1'][quote name='polobearjp']I saw the Drake there last night! I've been thinkin about doing it myself too. :D Do ya know if they'd combine the trade 3 and the preorder deal at the Lavon location? Also, do they have a list of what games you can or can't preorder?[/quote]

They wouldn't let me do both deals last time i tried at lavon Dr., but it wasn't a gamerush employee, maybe another employee will do it for you.
I did get both deals at the Campbell location yesterday, though, and preordered x-men legends.

-aarif1.[/quote]
Dude, I was just at the Campbell location about 15 minutes ago and the girl working wasn't a GameRush person and she said that I couldn't combine the 2 deals and that the only games I could pre-order were the ones in their binder that were highlighted in yellow. I saw X-Men in there but it wasn't highlighted, I'll try to stop by again later today tho...

[quote name='polobearjp']Dude, I was just at the Campbell location about 15 minutes ago and the girl working wasn't a GameRush person and she said that I couldn't combine the 2 deals and that the only games I could pre-order were the ones in their binder that were highlighted in yellow. I saw X-Men in there but it wasn't highlighted, I'll try to stop by again later today tho...[/quote]

man, that stinks... i went yesterday afternoon, about 2:30, and there was a gamerush employee, fairly young guy probably college age. he was really cool about it.

[quote name='polobearjp']I have a question... Has anybody tried trading in 4 or 6 games in and wound up getting both the $5 extra per game and the $20 off multiple pre-orders? Just curious. :)[/quote]

As a matter of fact, last night I did just that!

Traded in Otogi, Red Dead Revolver(XBOX), Drake and Wheel of Fortune(PS2) for a total of $82 in cred with $44 cred on my account for a total of $126(not counting the $200+ on my card)! Here's the cool part! First of all you could tell the guy wasn't too sure on how to do the pre order deal. I wanted SW:Battlefront and X Men Legends, so he does his thing. After telling him I wanted to pay them both in full he tells me my total...$38 and some change(don't have the reciept at the moment)! When I got to my car I checked the reciept and I saw his mistake. He only charged my $29.99 per game and gave me the $20 discount on one and a $3 discount on the other! I know, I know morally it's wrong, but.... :twisted:

The Gamerush employee at the McKinney location is a jerk. He said no games under $5 can be taken I argued with him saying where does it say that on the sign?

My take today:

traded in
Drake - $22 (bought yesterday $5.99)

ps2
GTA:VC - $8
Manhunt - $7

got
Tiger Woods 2005 preorder fully paid
$9.65 store credit

went to the other GR 4 miles up the road and traded again.

Gave
Drake - $22 (paid $6 yesterday)
NCAA Football 2005 -$34 (the extra copy i acquired doing pyramid trades)

Got
NHL Hockey 2005 preorder paid off
$ 28.63 store credit

I traded in a few more titles:

Devil May Cry 2- $8.00
Madden 2002- $1.50
NFL 2k3- $1.50
Mobile Light Force 2- $1.50
NCAA College Football 2k3- $3.00
Tales of Symphonia- $25.00

Checkout NEW EGM issue

Trade-in 5 games & get Any Pre-Owned Game for $1

Trade-in 4 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $5

Trade-in 3 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $10

I wonder they let me Trade-in (5) copies of DRAKEs (over $110 Credit) plus Fable (Pre-Owned) for $1 or Ninja Gaiden and combine with Pre-order deal....... Save $20 when I pre-order Otogi for $20 ???

I freakin love this store i've been dealing with GR for a total of 4 days and heres my list.

GAVE
ps2
nba live 2004
mvp baseball 2004
ncaa football 2005
ssx tricky
thsp3
mgs2
midway arcade treasures
twisted metal black
gta:vc
manhunt
xbox
max payne 2
suffering
drake - 2 copies

got
star wars battlefront - paid
tiger woods 2005 - paid
nhl hockey 2005 - paid
$198 BB credit

I did use pyramid trading, coupons and getting the expensive ncaa 2005 back a couple times. :D

[quote name='Masterkyo']:( :( :( :( :(

My local BB GR opened in October 15 (seem like Drake deal is Deal for good) :([/quote]

huh?

I traded 2 copies within the last 3 hours, $22 each.

[quote name='$hady'][quote name='Masterkyo']:( :( :( :( :(

My local BB GR opened in October 15 (seem like Drake deal is Deal for good) :([/quote]

huh?

I traded 2 copies within the last 3 hours, $22 each.[/quote]

I think he means.. by Oct 15.. the deal is over.. i just trade 3 last 2 hours.. gonna trade my last 2 tonight.. just in case

has anyone receive the EGM coupon in California? i saw the mag at a store and there was no coupon (instead there was a gamepass coupon)

Oh anyone know if BB still give $20 for space channel 5? i have the brand new copy that i got for $10... i don't wanna trade it away.. if i don't need to.... thanx..

just out of curiousity, what are you guys with all the high credit balances going to do with your "blockbuster" money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back