Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='andrew333']i got 30 "blockbuster" dollars today for space channel 5 ($25 + $5 kicker)[/quote]

you kidding me? isn't we can get space channel 5 at eb for like $10 or something? dang

[quote name='andrew333']just out of curiousity, what are you guys with all the high credit balances going to do with your "blockbuster" money?[/quote]

I currently have $198 credit and just ordered 10 old sports games from ebgames.com for $22. i'll use those with the 2 trade 5 games and get a used game for a dollar coupons i have and get 2 $35 trade value games with those coupons AND THEN trade both of those 2 games back in for credit. That should put me up arount $290 or $300 credit not counting on the 3 predorders i already have.

My current plan for then credit is to hold on to it for a PS3 or Xbox 2 or maybe a PSP or something. The cards credit expires after 24 months of not being used.

[quote name='thaderules10']I went to the store in Anaheim (Brookhurst & Lincoln) and they said I can take either offer(pre order for $30 or $5 extra for each game) but not combine them. They didn't seem to know much and they told me to come back today and talk to the general manager if I can get the extra $5 per game.]/b] Knowing this store, they won't give me the extra $5, still a good deal though.

BTW if you have a big XBox controller, they're giving $15 credit.[/quote]

any updates? :p

[quote name='andrew333']just out of curiousity, what are you guys with all the high credit balances going to do with your "blockbuster" money?[/quote]

Well besides picking up a bunch of games and over 30 pre-orders, I have picked up Alias Season One, West Wing Season One, Quantum Leap Season One, Knight Rider Season One, Nip/Tuck Season One, Magnum P.I. Season One, and Smallville Season Two :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='thaderules10']I went to the store in Anaheim (Brookhurst & Lincoln) and they said I can take either offer(pre order for $30 or $5 extra for each game) but not combine them. They didn't seem to know much and they told me to come back today and talk to the general manager if I can get the extra $5 per game.]/b] Knowing this store, they won't give me the extra $5, still a good deal though.

[/quote]

Nope been busy with school. I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'll be going back to Ballsbuster.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout NEW EGM issue

Trade-in 5 games & get Any Pre-Owned Game for $1

Trade-in 4 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $5

Trade-in 3 games & get any Pre-owned Game for $10

I wonder they let me Trade-in (5) copies of DRAKEs (over $110 Credit) plus Fable (Pre-Owned) for $1 or Ninja Gaiden and combine with Pre-order deal....... Save $20 when I pre-order Otogi for $20 ???[/quote]

Is this a coupon or an advertised deal?

[quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout NEW EGM issue

I wonder they let me Trade-in (5) copies of DRAKEs (over $110 Credit) plus Fable (Pre-Owned) for $1 or Ninja Gaiden and combine with Pre-order deal....... Save $20 when I pre-order Otogi for $20 ???[/quote]

Is this a coupon or an advertised deal?[/quote]They're coupons in the November issue of EGM. I just got it today and they expire on 11/30/04. The $1 and $5 exclude PlayStation games, but the $10 one includes them. Pretty nice coupons. :)

Went to my local Game Rush here in SoCal and picked up a couple of fliers. Flyers? Fliers. It looks weird whichever way I type it. Whatever.

"Trade and Save!"

"Trade 3 or more games get an extra $5 per game on select formats."

Small Print:

"Up to 10 trades per transaction. Limit one transaction per member per day. Extra $3 in-store credit will be issued for all Playstation trades.

"Offer valid for a limited time. Receive extra $5 in-store credit for each game traded in Playstation 2, XBOX, Game Cube or Gameboy Advance formats. Receive an extra $3 in-store credit for each Playstation game traded. Must trade at least 3 games to be eligible for additional credit. Limit 10 trades per transaction Limit one transaction per member per day. Traded titles valid on Playstation, Playstation 2, XBOX, Game Cube and Game Boy Advance formats only and are not valid on mini games. Offer valid in the same transaction as the games traded. Offer not valid on DVDs. Available at participating GAME RUSH stores. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details."

The other ad I picked up was for the trade in for pre-orders deal.

"Pre-Order the best games for $29.99 or less when you trade 2 games"

Small Print:

"Offer good on PS2, XBOX, Gamecube & GBA trades. Offer valid for a limited time. Offer ends 10/11/2004. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get $20 off any pre-order game of $49.99 or more. Traded titles valid on Playstation 2, XBOX, Game Cube and Gameboy Advanced formats only. $20 discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector's edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last."

Whew! There. The small print. At least for southern California.

It says that membership is required to trade-in games. Is it time-consuming to sign up for a membership at Game Rush, and is there a fee? I rent DVDs online so I've never had any use for a Blockbuster card before. I just want to know if I'm going to be charged fees or get pestered by phone and mail constantly.

:shock: ^^^Did you actually type that entire thing out? If so, you really need to find something better to do. :wink:

You're welcome =P I thought it might be nice for all the people who posted that the manager of their GR "thought" the promotion ended sometime in October. *shrug* I'm a fast typer anyway.

[quote name='crucify']It says that membership is required to trade-in games. Is it time-consuming to sign up for a membership at Game Rush, and is there a fee? I rent DVDs online so I've never had any use for a Blockbuster card before. I just want to know if I'm going to be charged fees or get pestered by phone and mail constantly.[/quote]I don't think it's very hard to get a BlockBuster membership card and you only have to sign a "contract" sheet to be able to trade at GameRush. It's free and you won't be called (except for if you don't return rented movies or games) or get mail (except for maybe some coupons from GR and BB like rent any movie for $0.99 which you will probally want anyways.

I still can't believe you typed that whole thing. :eek:

Thanks for the answer! I think I'm going to try my luck tomorrow. I suck at Space Channel 5 and I have a few GBA games I'm looking to get rid of. I'll post the trade-in values and whatnot if/when I get back. I know you will all be waiting breathlessly in anticipation. I should make that my tag line: "I can't believe I typed the whole thing!"

my BB is going to turn into a gamerush store on the 29th of september. do you think that they will still give $22 for drake? havent been to a gamerush before, so i dont know how frequent they change prices. btw, does anyone know if they get games the exact day they come out? thanks in advance

my BB is going to turn into a gamerush store on the 29th of september. do you think that they will still give $22 for drake? havent been to a gamerush before, so i dont know how frequent they change prices. btw, does anyone know if they get games the exact day they come out? thanks in advance

[quote name='spin03']my BB is going to turn into a gamerush store on the 29th of september. do you think that they will still give $22 for drake? havent been to a gamerush before, so i dont know how frequent they change prices. btw, does anyone know if they get games the exact day they come out? thanks in advance[/quote]By the 29th they should probally have adjusted the price of Drake to about $4 or so. I'm pretty sure they only change prices on games on Tuesdays and I'm assuming that's what they do with the trade in values as well. They normally get games the first or second day of release I think. They had Fable on the 15th and the release was the 14th.

damn that sucks about drake. does anyone know any other games that you can buy used less than what the trade in is at gamerush

[quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='andrew333']just out of curiousity, what are you guys with all the high credit balances going to do with your "blockbuster" money?[/quote]

Well besides picking up a bunch of games and over 30 pre-orders, I have picked up Alias Season One, West Wing Season One, Quantum Leap Season One, Knight Rider Season One, Nip/Tuck Season One, Magnum P.I. Season One, and Smallville Season Two :)[/quote]

Does BLockbuster even have 30 games available for preorder?

also, when i get credit for trading in a game, can i use that credit towards renting a move, or does it only work on games.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='spin03']my BB is going to turn into a gamerush store on the 29th of september. do you think that they will still give $22 for drake? havent been to a gamerush before, so i dont know how frequent they change prices. btw, does anyone know if they get games the exact day they come out? thanks in advance[/quote]By the 29th they should probally have adjusted the price of Drake to about $4 or so. I'm pretty sure they only change prices on games on Tuesdays and I'm assuming that's what they do with the trade in values as well. They normally get games the first or second day of release I think. They had Fable on the 15th and the release was the 14th.[/quote]

Why do you think that Drake will be reduced to $4 on the 29th? Its been like this for months already. Why the 29th? WHy didn't they change it last week or last month? What I'm really asking is, how do you know the EXACT date?

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='spin03']my BB is going to turn into a gamerush store on the 29th of september. do you think that they will still give $22 for drake? havent been to a gamerush before, so i dont know how frequent they change prices. btw, does anyone know if they get games the exact day they come out? thanks in advance[/quote]By the 29th they should probally have adjusted the price of Drake to about $4 or so. I'm pretty sure they only change prices on games on Tuesdays and I'm assuming that's what they do with the trade in values as well. They normally get games the first or second day of release I think. They had Fable on the 15th and the release was the 14th.[/quote]

Why do you think that Drake will be reduced to $4 on the 29th? Its been like this for months already. Why the 29th? WHy didn't they change it last week or last month? What I'm really asking is, how do you know the EXACT date?[/quote]BY THE 29TH, MAN. BY THE 29TH.

I do have ESPN but I can't tell what the exact day is. Where are my crystal balls. I have 2. I hope I didn't lose them both. That would be horrible.

It's just a guess, though. It isn't any insight. It's just a random guess. I think. :wink:

[quote name='buster90'][quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='andrew333']just out of curiousity, what are you guys with all the high credit balances going to do with your "blockbuster" money?[/quote]

Well besides picking up a bunch of games and over 30 pre-orders, I have picked up Alias Season One, West Wing Season One, Quantum Leap Season One, Knight Rider Season One, Nip/Tuck Season One, Magnum P.I. Season One, and Smallville Season Two :)[/quote]

Does BLockbuster even have 30 games available for preorder?[/quote]

I don't think so, but I'm good friends with a few employees so I been pre-ordering anything they have a number for :)

Well, hopefully my Gamestop order for DRAKE shipped so I can make a pre-order. I've been waiting for it to show up.....I think I will pick up a for more games...probably MK:Deception and something else.

I still have a coupon for trade 2 get a pre-owned for $4.99 also :) although, I think I will just use the trade 2 and get pre-order for $30. OR, I have my other coupon for an additional $10 credit on a trade in :)

today i traded:
megaman nt $15
suikoden 3 $15
metal gear solid ts $15
silent hill 2 $10
rygar $8
ace combat 4 $13
6 copies of drake for $27 each

got fifty cents for crazy taxi dreamcast, and a dollar fifty for jimmy johnson football for psone and preordered star wars battlefront for thirty dollars, That brings my running total of preorders up to 11. I doubt i will get any more preorders unless they carry the new time crisis game.

I may trade in some accessories for their other promotion to get 25% off 12 months of xbox live with crimson skies and headset, or i may go for defender's deal.

[quote name='jshorr']Does anyone know if you can pre order the new legend of zelda game from gamerush yet?[/quote]

ive been to 5 different gamerushes, and none have the new zelda

[quote name='dracula']
I may trade in some accessories for their other promotion to get 25% off 12 months of xbox live with crimson skies and headset, or i may go for defender's deal.[/quote]

What is the promo for the 25% off the Live kit? I haven't really noticed this one before. My three month subscription is up next month and with Halo 2 coming up I'm going to be logging some serious time on Live!

[quote name='deadite76'][quote name='dracula']
I may trade in some accessories for their other promotion to get 25% off 12 months of xbox live with crimson skies and headset, or i may go for defender's deal.[/quote]

What is the promo for the 25% off the Live kit? I haven't really noticed this one before. My three month subscription is up next month and with Halo 2 coming up I'm going to be logging some serious time on Live![/quote]
I went to pick up my pre-ordered Fable yesterday and I saw a handwritten sign that said something like "trade 2 games and save a certain % on any accessory." Now if only I could remember if it was 10% or 25% off but I'm pretty sure it was 25%. Hope this kinda sorta helps...

Can this accessary be anything, i have couple of gameboy advance cases, and dreamcast cord, i really don't need to used... anyone try this before? I may get the Streetfighter controller just for the heck of it.

Did well on a visit to GR....traded in 9 games total, a combination of $5 CC/BB games, cheap preowned GBA and 2 drakes. Used them to preorder 3 games and use a trade 3 get a preowned for 4.99 coupon I had. Preordered Metroid Prime 2, Splinter Cell 3 and Halo 2 regular, and got WWE Day of Reckoning PO Wanted the special edition but it was late and the lady wasn't a game trader and had no clue. Paid $16 out of pocket plus no more than 50 for the games I traded in, so that's about $190 in games (WWE DoR was 39.99 PO) for $66. Not bad at all.

[/quote]
I went to pick up my pre-ordered Fable yesterday and I saw a handwritten sign that said something like "trade 2 games and save a certain % on any accessory." Now if only I could remember if it was 10% or 25% off but I'm pretty sure it was 25%. Hope this kinda sorta helps...[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='crucify']It says that membership is required to trade-in games. Is it time-consuming to sign up for a membership at Game Rush, and is there a fee? I rent DVDs online so I've never had any use for a Blockbuster card before. I just want to know if I'm going to be charged fees or get pestered by phone and mail constantly.[/quote]If you don't already have a blockbuster acount you'll need to fill out an application. it's pretty short but you need proof of residence, either a credit card or a utility bill.

Does Blockbuster call you when your preorders arrive? I never received a call for Fable. I am glad I did my other reserves at a different store.

[quote name='deadite76']
What is the promo for the 25% off the Live kit? I haven't really noticed this one before. My three month subscription is up next month and with Halo 2 coming up I'm going to be logging some serious time on Live![/quote]

The deal, as I understand it, is trade any 2 accessories and you get 25% off an accessory purchase. This ties in with the controller trades they are doing (trade almost any first party controller and get $15).

Hope this helps.

[quote name='dracula']today i traded:
megaman nt $15
suikoden 3 $15
metal gear solid ts $15
silent hill 2 $10
rygar $8
ace combat 4 $13
6 copies of drake for $27 each

got fifty cents for crazy taxi dreamcast, and a dollar fifty for jimmy johnson football for psone and preordered star wars battlefront for thirty dollars, That brings my running total of preorders up to 11. I doubt i will get any more preorders unless they carry the new time crisis game.

Did they give you any crap about the Drakes? The manager in the Culver City store kept staring at my account and made a phone call about Drake before she would accept it.

Also, I have a coupon where you can get a new release for $39.99 with trade-in. What should I get: Fable or Tales of Symphonia? Which will give me a better story/fun for my money?

dracula - I preordered the new Time Crisis: Crisis Zone game. They only had the bundle pack which is 59.99, but the guy still let me use the preorder deal on it.

^

how does that work, $20 off retail price? if that's how it works I don't understand why they're so apprehensive about letting you pre-order CEs or LEs of tites.

[quote name='thaderules10'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='thaderules10']I went to the store in Anaheim (Brookhurst & Lincoln) and they said I can take either offer(pre order for $30 or $5 extra for each game) but not combine them. They didn't seem to know much and they told me to come back today and talk to the general manager if I can get the extra $5 per game.]/b] Knowing this store, they won't give me the extra $5, still a good deal though.

[/quote]

Nope been busy with school. I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'll be going back to Ballsbuster.[/quote]

oh ok. thanks for the quick reply :)

if it helps anybody, the manager at the la habra store will not let you combine deals. he's reallly anal about the promotions. also, make sure you get a manual with your games. last time i went, i was going to buy 5 games, but none of them had manuals! :(

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='thaderules10'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='thaderules10']I went to the store in Anaheim (Brookhurst & Lincoln) and they said I can take either offer(pre order for $30 or $5 extra for each game) but not combine them. They didn't seem to know much and they told me to come back today and talk to the general manager if I can get the extra $5 per game.]/b] Knowing this store, they won't give me the extra $5, still a good deal though.

[/quote]

Nope been busy with school. I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'll be going back to Ballsbuster.[/quote]

oh ok. thanks for the quick reply :)

if it helps anybody, the manager at the la habra store will not let you combine deals. he's reallly anal about the promotions. also, make sure you get a manual with your games. last time i went, i was going to buy 5 games, but none of them had manuals! :([/quote]

No go at my ballsbuster. Manager said the same thing as the cashier. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='Masterkyo']Checkout NEW EGM issue

Is this a coupon or an advertised deal?[/quote]They're coupons in the November issue of EGM. I just got it today and they expire on 11/30/04. The $1 and $5 exclude PlayStation games, but the $10 one includes them. Pretty nice coupons. :)[/quote]

Sadness... I flipped through my entire issue and I couldn't find the coupon!!! What page is it on or is it an insert? Thanks in advance. Also, sj41 do you have XBox Live? If so, what's your gamertag for Halo 2 this fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back