Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

No FM4 at any local GR's

As for the 29.99 thing. One store (wixom) said no, while another (Novi) automatically did the 29.99 with trade. So damn confusing...but i have Spidey 2 so im happy :)

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Wshakspear']No FM4 at any local GR's

As for the 29.99 thing. One store (wixom) said no, while another (Novi) automatically did the 29.99 with trade. So damn confusing...but i have Spidey 2 so im happy :)[/quote]

Is Spidey 2 worth getting at $29.99? If so I will probably pick this up today?[/quote]

yes yes yes yes yes!

The only game I really want now is the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, that and maybe Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3. I've yet to see either at Game Rush, I'll give about a month before I start seeing the Anniversary Collection, and I have no idea why I haven't seen SMA:4 yet.

i'm waiting for GTA:VC for the x-box to price drop as well as mega man collection for both platforms for under 20

[quote name='Wshakspear']No FM4 at any local GR's

As for the 29.99 thing. One store (wixom) said no, while another (Novi) automatically did the 29.99 with trade. So damn confusing...but i have Spidey 2 so im happy :)[/quote]

The Farmington Hills store had FM4 last night.

As a heads up, you guys may want to look for a few sub $5 games and go for the Buy 1 get 50% on preowned as some of them qualify at EB for the trade in any current gen game and get $10 towards Halo 2. You could find Haven and The Thing, use the deal, and walk out with both for $6.50 and trade them in against Halo 2 for $20. That would put your copy of Halo 2 at $18 or so. Not bad at all.

Edit: The EB exclusions lists can be found here:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/ps2.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/xb.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/gc.asp

i should really take advantage of that...withe the halo 2 credit...can you do that with the limited edition release?

Probably because thats an awesome game, and no one wants to trade it in

Yeah, I agree, but they also put on Game Rush shelves their rental copies of games, and for some reason Blockbuster allows you to rent GBA games, and has for the past few years: I know one store at least has extra copies they want to get rid of... If anyone here near the Mesquite/Dallas area spots any place with Super Mario Advance 4, or [somehow] spots Mega Man: Anniversary Collection (both PO, remember), let me know, please!

I plan on going back out to check some Game Rushes next week, so maybe the stock of games will grow a bit. The best place to go for games is the Game Rush in Town East, by far. I got like 11 of my 15 games I got from there, just for referencing, let's see what all games I got from Game Rush. Note: I have yet to buy a game retail since I've used Game Rush in early May.

- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
- Wario Ware, Inc: Mega Party Games
- Alias
- James Bond: Everything or Nothing
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
- Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island [got this so I could get another PO for 50 percent off]
- Twisted Metal Black [got it 50% off with purchase of 9.99 Yoshi's Island]
- Wario World
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
- Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures [got new for 4.50 after using credit from Hitman Contracts, and using for 29.99 deal with the trade-in]
- NBA Street Vol. 2 [got new, but I used credit, so I ended up getting it for 5 dollars]
- Mario Party 5
- Metroid Zero Mission
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast II
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong [bought new, using credit from Transformers, which I bought for 7 dollars]

That doesn't even include all of the games I bought from them to just trade back in at another store! ;)

Game Rush is a CAGer goldmine! I swear I haven't even spent 100 dollars on getting all those games I mentioned above.

[quote name='vanlandw']i should really take advantage of that...withe the halo 2 credit...can you do that with the limited edition release?[/quote]

And with Spiderman 2 through July.

[quote name='scuba']I found another coupon trade 3 in get any preowned game for 4.99 in the newest OXM :)[/quote]

That is valid today through the 4th. Nice deal. I bought 12 games with BOGO 50% off. All the games I got are PO at EB so they trade in against Halo 2 or Spiderman 2 for $10 each. Spent $40, get $120 in trade in value.... Very very nice investment.

July 4th or August 4th?

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='scuba']I found another coupon trade 3 in get any preowned game for 4.99 in the newest OXM :)[/quote]

That is valid today through the 4th. Nice deal. I bought 12 games with BOGO 50% off. All the games I got are PO at EB so they trade in against Halo 2 or Spiderman 2 for $10 each. Spent $40, get $120 in trade in value.... Very very nice investment.[/quote]

[quote name='pfunkpearl']what are all the current promos running at gamerush?[/quote]Trade in 2 games get any used game for $9.99.

Trade in a used game and get a new release game for $39.99.

They also have a coupon sheet with several offers.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='pfunkpearl']what are all the current promos running at gamerush?[/quote]

Some Gamerush's still ar offering trade in one game for a new game at $29.99. Mine is still doing this deal[/quote] Mine has the $39.99 one but I printed off the $29.99 a long time ago so I might be able to use it.

This is post #600 for this thread. We need to try and get it to 1000.

Anyways, I'm going to try and go tomorrrow so I'll try and find out if they have any new deals.

i am really hoping they do some price drops before they end their buy one get one 50% off....they have some games at my local gamestops that I would like to pick up but they are still way to expensive

ex.
deux ex 2 xbox
vice city xbox

[quote name='jshorr']July 4th or August 4th?

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='scuba']I found another coupon trade 3 in get any preowned game for 4.99 in the newest OXM :)[/quote]

That is valid today through the 4th. Nice deal. I bought 12 games with BOGO 50% off. All the games I got are PO at EB so they trade in against Halo 2 or Spiderman 2 for $10 each. Spent $40, get $120 in trade in value.... Very very nice investment.[/quote][/quote]

July 4th...

[quote name='GameDude']Whoa crap, man. That's AWESOME! I REALLY wish they were in Cincinnati. :([/quote]

There ARE GameRush's in Cincinnati now, right? Since you posted that in like, May. Cuz Im moving to Cincy on... Friday.

So, I can trade in two of my PS1 games and get something new like Spider-Man 2 for 10 bucks AND still get the store credit for those games? If that's true, then these gamerush people must be INSANE.

[quote name='MysticMike01'][quote name='GameDude']Whoa crap, man. That's AWESOME! I REALLY wish they were in Cincinnati. :([/quote]

There ARE GameRush's in Cincinnati now, right? Since you posted that in like, May. Cuz Im moving to Cincy on... Friday.[/quote]

Yep. I've gotten Pandora's Tomorrow for like $7, and Mario Party 5 and Mario Kart for like $4 each.

I don't know yet. I haven't moved there yet. I hope there's a Circuit City somewhere around the Cincy area also cuz I'd like to hit it up.

[quote name='MysticMike01']I don't know yet. I haven't moved there yet. I hope there's a Circuit City somewhere around the Cincy area also cuz I'd like to hit it up.[/quote]

There are Circuit City's here, but I know at least 2 of them are pretty much wiped out of any game that you would probably want.

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='MysticMike01']I don't know yet. I haven't moved there yet. I hope there's a Circuit City somewhere around the Cincy area also cuz I'd like to hit it up.[/quote]

There are Circuit City's here, but I know at least 2 of them are pretty much wiped out of any game that you would probably want.[/quote]

Man. I just hit up the CC here in Memphis today and got 6 games. But I was really wanting Dark Cloud 2 and Viewtiful Joe. I did get some good titles though. But, man....

Has anybody seen any new or PO copies of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, or Mega Man: Anniversary Collection (GCN)?

Just wondering, as I have two PO games I'm going to trade in to get a PO for 9.99, just have no idea when to head out...

Hey, is the trade in 2 and get one PO for 9.99 deal still going on???

Of course! That's what made Game Rush so popular in the first place! ;)

This has probably already been posted about (I'm not going to read through over 30 pages to check), but my brothers, their friend and I went to Game Rush yesterday and were told that ANY games can be traded in (except maybe for Lynx games, which the employee wasn't sure about). I don't know if this is a local thing. When we heard this, we went back to our houses and hoarded a bunch of our old games. We traded in some old Sega Genesis games, as well as some PS1 and PS2 games. Unfortunately they only had one of the games I wanted. Do they get new pre-owned games pretty frequently? I want to go back when the selection is better. Also unfortunately, they said there is a limit of three games bought with this deal per day, so we weren't able to get all the games we wanted.

This deal is ridiculous! Hooray for Game Rush! :D

[quote name='Tride']This has probably already been posted about (I'm not going to read through over 30 pages to check), but my brothers, their friend and I went to Game Rush yesterday and were told that ANY games can be traded in (except maybe for Lynx games, which the employee wasn't sure about). I don't know if this is a local thing. When we heard this, we went back to our houses and hoarded a bunch of our old games. We traded in some old Sega Genesis games, as well as some PS1 and PS2 games. Unfortunately they only had one of the games I wanted. Do they get new pre-owned games pretty frequently? I want to go back when the selection is better. Also unfortunately, they said there is a limit of three games bought with this deal per day, so we weren't able to get all the games we wanted.

This deal is ridiculous! Hooray for Game Rush! :D[/quote]

Actually it isn't. You just got an idiot clerk (which worked in your favor).
Thanks to the new signage and corporate direction given to them, only GBA, PS2, GC, and Xbox games qualify for the trade to get one for 9.99 or less.

[quote name='Tride']This has probably already been posted about (I'm not going to read through over 30 pages to check), but my brothers, their friend and I went to Game Rush yesterday and were told that ANY games can be traded in (except maybe for Lynx games, which the employee wasn't sure about). I don't know if this is a local thing. When we heard this, we went back to our houses and hoarded a bunch of our old games. We traded in some old Sega Genesis games, as well as some PS1 and PS2 games. Unfortunately they only had one of the games I wanted. Do they get new pre-owned games pretty frequently? I want to go back when the selection is better. Also unfortunately, they said there is a limit of three games bought with this deal per day, so we weren't able to get all the games we wanted.

This deal is ridiculous! Hooray for Game Rush! :D[/quote]

They get new games every day, but it all depends on how popular the store is. Obviously, the more people that go to the store, the more trade-ins the store will have. I've gotten games like Hitman Contracts, Samurai Warriors, and Mario Kart: Double Dash after not seeing them the previous day, so you could get lucky if you make another trip.

[quote name='JSweeney']Actually it isn't. You just got an idiot clerk (which worked in your favor).
Thanks to the new signage and corporate direction given to them, only GBA, PS2, GC, and Xbox games qualify for the trade to get one for 9.99 or less.[/quote]

PS1 games are also accepted at some locations.

I think everyone is recycling the same high trade in games (Riddick especially) to take advantage of the various deals. My thing now is to take 2 used games, buy any used game for $9.99 (finding a game that's worth $25-30 in credit) and then take it to another Gamerush to do the trade one, get a new game for $39.

Even with the deal at $39, I still took two CC games (PN03/Toe Jam & Earl III) for $29 in credit, got a copy of Riddick and then went to prebook Baten Kaitos at another GR for the cost of $10 plus tax.

I've been racking the prebooks (GTA:SA, Tales Of Symphonia, Monster Hunter, & Paper Mario 2 so far) If I find more decent $5 games at CC Sunday, it'll be even more :)

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I think everyone is recycling the same high trade in games (Riddick especially) to take advantage of the various deals. My thing now is to take 2 used games, buy any used game for $9.99 (finding a game that's worth $25-30 in credit) and then take it to another Gamerush to do the trade one, get a new game for $39.

Even with the deal at $39, I still took two CC games (PN03/Toe Jam & Earl III) for $29 in credit, got a copy of Riddick and then went to prebook Baten Kaitos at another GR for the cost of $10 plus tax.

I've been racking the prebooks (GTA:SA, Tales Of Symphonia, Monster Hunter, & Paper Mario 2 so far) If I find more decent $5 games at CC Sunday, it'll be even more :)[/quote]

With prebooks, you get the reserved game for $30?

Actually it isn't. You just got an idiot clerk (which worked in your favor).

Actually, I think it's the store. The employee we talked to discussed it with another employee, and they both seemed sure it could be any game. I can understand them willing to accept old games for trade because they have pre-owned Genesis, Game Boy, and SNES games for sale. Moreover, they're probably more likely to make money off of these old games than crappy PS1 sports games that people buy at Gamestop for two dollars.

they dont give anything for old games. I traded in metroid and got 50 cents but I traded in madden 1999 or something and got 1.50

Today was a good day for the trade 2, get 1 for $9.99 deal. I managed to find Fatal Frame 2, Disgaea, and Driv3r. Just traded in a few CC games and some PS1 games I bought buy 2, get 1 free with my EB credit.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Today was a good day for the trade 2, get 1 for $9.99 deal. I managed to find Fatal Frame 2, Disgaea, and Driv3r. Just traded in a few CC games and some PS1 games I bought buy 2, get 1 free with my EB credit.[/quote]

I'm not going to call you a liar, but how do you buy games at Gamerush with EB credit?

I just got back, here's what I did.

I went to one Game Rush, and got Hitman Contracts (XBX: PO), then I went to another Game Rush, and traded that in: I got 22 dollars in credit.

After that, I used that game to get Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC: new), for 21.96, because I got 10 dollars off of the game due to me trading in Hitman before I got it, and I used my 22 dollar credit on the game: so I ended up spending about a total of 12 dollars and got a 30 dollar game in Mega Man. :D

Not to mention I got ANOTHER Yoshi/Mario toy, my fourth one!

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='drfrielgood']Today was a good day for the trade 2, get 1 for $9.99 deal. I managed to find Fatal Frame 2, Disgaea, and Driv3r. Just traded in a few CC games and some PS1 games I bought buy 2, get 1 free with my EB credit.[/quote]

I'm not going to call you a liar, but how do you buy games at Gamerush with EB credit?[/quote]

He bought the PS1 games he traded in at EB.[/quote]

I realized that after I posted. I got my promos mixed up, and thought he was getting a Gamerush promo at EB or some other wierdness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back