Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='Nephets']... can anyone confirm a release date for Pikmin 2 at Game Rush?[/quote]

I was told September 3, but that date may vary by location.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Dude, somebody needs to delete the Texas in the first post. THERE IS NO GAMERUSH IN TEXAS.[/quote]

According to www.gamerush.com, there are a bunch of locations in TX (I stopped counting after 50).[/quote]I have 2 within 15 minutes of me. I'm in Dallas. 2 or 3 more about 10 minutes farther.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Dude, somebody needs to delete the Texas in the first post. THERE IS NO GAMERUSH IN TEXAS.[/quote]

Haha, that's funny. I only have 3 of them within 15 minutes from me. Even more beyond that...

And thanks for the release date, video_gamer324 September 3 is a bit further away than other places' releases, but I'm getting it for 2 dollars... I can't complain. 8)

I'm thinking of preordering Paper Mario 2 sometime late in September, since this promotion with the whole 20 dollars off is incredible.

does anybody have any word about some deals gamerush is going to run in the coming months...my GR has been running the same deal all summer...if they are going to something with all PO'ed games being 50% off I would like to be on top of that...also if anybody has heard any updates on the extra $20 bucks off preorder wtih two trade-ins minus coupon i would love to hear about it...thanks in advanced!

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Dude, somebody needs to delete the Texas in the first post. THERE IS NO GAMERUSH IN TEXAS.[/quote]

According to www.gamerush.com, there are a bunch of locations in TX (I stopped counting after 50).[/quote]I have 2 within 15 minutes of me. I'm in Dallas. 2 or 3 more about 10 minutes farther.[/quote]

2 in allen, at least 2 in mckinney there are a ton here,

Back from Game Rush, just got done getting Pikmin 2 for 5 bucks. :D

Check out my post in the "trade in 2, get 20 dollars off a preorder game" thread for more information.

According to the Game Rush website (a lot of you should check it out sometime before asking :p ): there are no Game Rushes in Virginia.

[quote name='zewone']I got you all beat I have 6 within a 15 minute drive.[/quote]

yeah..i was going to post I have 3 in my town....but yes..you have defeated me :oops:

[quote name='zewone']I got you all beat I have 6 within a 15 minute drive.[/quote]

Probably so, but I think Texas has the most Game Rushes overall. :D

I don't know if this question has been asked before as I only read the first few pages of the thread and then the last 4 pages or so.

My local blockbuster just (today or yesterday) started buying preowned games. Does anyone know if this means it is turning into a gamerush/will accept the same deals as the gamerush stores? I checked the gamerush web page and the only stores they have listed in my area are the ones in Staten Island, which when you add in tolls+gas kills the possibility of any trade-in deal opportunities. Even if it is not turning into a full fledged gamerush, it would be nice to get the straight trade-in values that people are reporting here for some crap games.

Basically what I am asking is, has anyone experienced this already - a regular blockbuster with no gamerush signs, etc. that accepts used games for trade and credit?

one in my area has no "gamerush" tags but has posters saying they will take videogames for trade...i've never done it personaly though

All Blokbusters will be taking games and DVDs. My stoe is becoming a gamerush in 3 weeks, yet we are allowed to trade DVDs/games in as of today (which I did).

I don't know if this is true for all Blockbuster's, but my store offers a minimum of $5 on DVD trades. Time to stock up on some "Ernest" titles 8)

I got an awesome coupon in the mail today.

one was 10 bucks off any game 39.99 and up.
and the other was 10 bucks extra value on any one ps2, xbox, gamecube or game boy advance trade in. which is sweet since i just bought MLF 2 for 1.67 at target

[quote name='Santurio']Dman is Espn NHL out already???
I didn't know that, I need to go get it.[/quote]I was suprised to see it. I thought GameRush normally ets some games 3-5 days later or something like that since some release dates for preorders have been way off.

So do most Gamerush's now have Pikmin 2? Anybody know if any gamerush's in SoCalifornia have it yet? Tell me, cuz I already preordered it at one, but since I was like their first customer, they are stupid and won't tell me.

Score! I just picked up a copy of Tales of Symphonia at my local Gamerush. It required me calling all of the Blockbusters in my area. I called the last one on the list, and the guy who I spoke to said, "You're in luck. I just returned mine today. I haven't even prepped it yet, so if you come by I'll hold it for you." Woohoo! Now to learn the combo system and more.

Damn. They're giving $45 for Madden CE. $35 for the regular version. That's alot to give for just one game.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I got this postcard thingy in the mail today and it had 2 coupons on it. The first was 'save $10 on any new release game $39.99 and up.' Eh, nothing special. But then the one next to it said 'get an extra $10 trade in credit for a trade in.' Sweeeeeet. Its only limit 1 per account tho. My bro-in-law called me just now and he said that he got one too.

[quote name='polobearjp']Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I got this postcard thingy in the mail today and it had 2 coupons on it. The first was 'save $10 on any new release game $39.99 and up.' Eh, nothing special. But then the one next to it said 'get an extra $10 trade in credit for a trade in.' Sweeeeeet. Its only limit 1 per account tho. My bro-in-law called me just now and he said that he got one too.[/quote]

[quote name='fireball343']I got an awesome coupon in the mail today.

one was 10 bucks off any game 39.99 and up.
and the other was 10 bucks extra value on any one ps2, xbox, gamecube or game boy advance trade in. which is sweet since i just bought MLF 2 for 1.67 at target[/quote]

LOL! i'm not clowning on you, polobearjp. i just thought it was funny :p thanks for the heads up you two. i hope they send one to me since i just bought something from them a week ago.

The NBA Ballers that I got with the $9.99 deal isn't working once I get to the Create-A-Ballers section. What will GameRush do as a refund. I may not be able to go back for a week or so, which according to rumors is when the deal ends. I would hate to just get $10 back since I traded in a game for $3 that I would have kept if not for this deal. I hope I can just pick another game out.

[quote name='sj41']The NBA Ballers that I got with the $9.99 deal isn't working once I get to the Create-A-Ballers section. What will GameRush do as a refund. I may not be able to go back for a week or so, which according to rumors is when the deal ends. I would hate to just get $10 back since I traded in a game for $3 that I would have kept if not for this deal. I hope I can just pick another game out.[/quote]
Do ya still have your receipt? If you do, they'll give ya another used copy of it within 30 days. Oh wait, since you traded for it with the deal, just let them scan your card and that should work too. I bought a used THUG and NBA Jam with the 'buy 1, get 1 half off' from the Lavon store a few weeks back. The THUG didn't work so I brought it back and since they didn't have any other used copies of it, the dude said I could get a new copy of it if I pay the difference. A used THUG was like $16.99 and the NBA Jam was $14.99 so I got that half off. But when I got the new copy, he credited my account with the $16.99 so I only paid $3 and tax for a new one.

[quote name='polobearjp']Hahaha. Oops. Umm, I had a long day and I'm tired. Plus it never hurts to get told about the same thing twice. :p[/quote]

thanks for posting it again, no one really noticed it or at least no said anything about it. it's a sweet deal.

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='sj41']The NBA Ballers that I got with the $9.99 deal isn't working once I get to the Create-A-Ballers section. What will GameRush do as a refund. I may not be able to go back for a week or so, which according to rumors is when the deal ends. I would hate to just get $10 back since I traded in a game for $3 that I would have kept if not for this deal. I hope I can just pick another game out.[/quote]
Do ya still have your receipt? If you do, they'll give ya another used copy of it within 30 days. Oh wait, since you traded for it with the deal, just let them scan your card and that should work too. I bought a used THUG and NBA Jam with the 'buy 1, get 1 half off' from the Lavon store a few weeks back. The THUG didn't work so I brought it back and since they didn't have any other used copies of it, the dude said I could get a new copy of it if I pay the difference. A used THUG was like $16.99 and the NBA Jam was $14.99 so I got that half off. But when I got the new copy, he credited my account with the $16.99 so I only paid $3 and tax for a new one.[/quote]They didn't have any other used copies. I have my receipt but I don't want to spend $30 more just to get the game new. It was tagged at $34.99, so does that mean I will only have to pay $5 more, or is it whatever I paid before? :?

I'm going to check the site for any details on this, but if you already know what they are supposed to do, please tell me. Thanks. :)

no...i'm sure they will be cool and give you the other copy at the same price..some of their games are tagged oddly

[quote name='sj41']They didn't have any other used copies. I have my receipt but I don't want to spend $30 more just to get the game new. It was tagged at $34.99, so does that mean I will only have to pay $5 more, or is it whatever I paid before? :?

I'm going to check the site for any details on this, but if you already know what they are supposed to do, please tell me. Thanks. :)[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that you'd just hafta pay the $5 for a new one since its selling for $39.99 (at least it is on the EB site) and the used is at $34.99. Plus it never hurts if its the same employee and he remembers ya. :D

Alot of people are asking about So. Cal Game Rush's..in the next 2 weeks the following will open..

Oxnard (two stores), San Luis, Moorpark, and Simi Valley. Currently there are stores in Camarillo, Port Hueneme, Thousand Oaks, and Santa Barbra.

Well, the run is finally over. The trade 2 games, get any used game for $9.99 deal officially ends on Monday. Also ending is the $19.99 GBA deal. Here are the two new deals that start on Monday:

1) Trade any two games, preorder any game for $29.99. Note: This deal does NOT include limited editions such as the Mortal Kombat Kollector's thing or Halo LE. At least that's how it's supposed to be, though I sure some stores will probably let it slide.

2) Trade in any 3 PS2, XBox, GCN, PS1 or GBA games, get an extra $5 credit per game ($3 extra credit on the PS1 games only).

[quote name='drfrielgood']Well, the run is finally over. The trade 2 games, get any used game for $9.99 deal officially ends on Monday. Also ending is the $19.99 GBA deal. Here are the two new deals that start on Monday:

1) Trade any two games, preorder any game for $29.99. Note: This deal does NOT include limited editions such as the Mortal Kombat Kollector's thing or Halo LE. At least that's how it's supposed to be, though I sure some stores will probably let it slide.

2) Trade in any 3 PS2, XBox, GCN, PS1 or GBA games, get an extra $5 credit per game ($3 extra credit on the PS1 games only).[/quote]Wow. I'm making another trip on Monday or Sunday, then. I've still got a trade 3 and get a used game for $5 coupon for now. That means I can only get one game for now. I'll get some good preorders in once it starts. I'm just sad that I won't be able to get Pikmin 2 now. :( I think I want to preorder about 5 or 6 games so it's fine.

So, you will be able to trade in GBColor games and PS1 games for the preorder deal? That would be even better and easier to do since I have some extra older games lying around.

I got a coupon from the Gamerush guy that had the trade in 1 game get $10 off any game 39.99 and up, but the best coupon was the $10 extra for any one game you trade in :), and he still let me do the 9.99 used deal!!!

[quote name='drfrielgood']Well, the run is finally over. The trade 2 games, get any used game for $9.99 deal officially ends on Monday. Also ending is the $19.99 GBA deal. Here are the two new deals that start on Monday:

2) Trade in any 3 PS2, XBox, GCN, PS1 or GBA games, get an extra $5 credit per game ($3 extra credit on the PS1 games only).[/quote]

I didn't get any notice of this at my stores. I will check for confirmation.

I just got Pikmin 2 for 25.00 at Gamerush. I traded in Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (worth $3) to get the 39.99 deal. Then, on a whim, I checked how much Dr. Muto (GCN) was worth and got a stupefying $21.00!! (For those paying attention, Dr. Muto debuted two years ago for 19.99 new)

This is obviously a mistake, but I suggest anyone with a copy of Muto immediately head to Blockbuster. My deal was at a Glendale, CA store so of course other areas may vary. Now I'm off to play Pikmin 2, secure in the knowledge that I got a hell of a deal.

[quote name='gizmogc'][quote name='drfrielgood']Well, the run is finally over. The trade 2 games, get any used game for $9.99 deal officially ends on Monday. Also ending is the $19.99 GBA deal. Here are the two new deals that start on Monday:

2) Trade in any 3 PS2, XBox, GCN, PS1 or GBA games, get an extra $5 credit per game ($3 extra credit on the PS1 games only).[/quote]

I didn't get any notice of this at my stores. I will check for confirmation.[/quote]

I doubt this is true, as many people have already preordered "special edition games" with ease, and why would they stop the deal that makes them a great store? I think this is BS unless you can prove it, I haven't even really seen you post in this thread much anyway...

Settle down, man. I was just reading through the biweekly newsletter thing that Blockbuster sends to its Gamerush stores. That's what the letter said, although I'm sure each store will handle the new promotions a little differently, as they've done with the trade 2, get 1 for 9.99.

Secondly, I may not have posted much in this thread, but if you'll check I was one of the first to actually get in on these Gamerush deals. I'm not new to this.

Is there anyway you could request the building of a store, I know it sounds lame as hell, but there are a lot of open cleared out space, and waiting to sell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back