Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='robot']How much is Drake worth for trade-in? The eb by my office sells the game for $6.99 new.[/quote]

I think someone said 21 bones! :shock:

[quote name='Espanto'][quote name='robot']How much is Drake worth for trade-in? The eb by my office sells the game for $6.99 new.[/quote]

I think someone said 21 bones! :shock:[/quote]

NephGR1.jpg

:twisted:

Hey I just got back from GC trading a couple of copies of Drake and got $22 for each!! This was five minutes after paying $12 for both of them at Gamestop across the street!! Kudos to the original poster and Nephets(photo verification)!

just remember though when you get a trade-in credit, you need to discount for the fact that Game Rush prices are pretty high (unless you use the pre-order deal)

imo, buying drake for $12 and trading it in for a $21 credit really isn't much of a deal since every new game at GR will cost you $54 and you will likely be able to get the same game through a fry's ad for $37

Did a couple trades today at a gamerush, had to go to two since the first had no idea about the preorder deal being standard now, they wanted a coupon still.

Traded:

Space Channel 5 (PS2)-> $25 (bought for $9.99 preowned at EB)
Freedom Fighters (GCN)-> $8 (bought for $4.99 new at BestBuy a while ago)

Preordered:
Prince of Persia 2 for the gamecube

Traded:
Drake (XBOX)-> $21 (bought for $6.99 new at Gamestop)
Robin Hood (PS2)-> $22 (bought for $9.99 new at ToysRus)

Preordered:
Paper Mario 2 for gamecube

Tried to to do get Halo 2 CE but got shot down, but I had to at least try.

I still have ~$18 trade credit left too.

[quote name='msdmoney']

Tried to to do get Halo 2 CE but got shot down, but I had to at least try.
[/quote]

When I tried the guy goes, "Come on, if I sold that to you with the coupon we'd get like NO money."

I agree though, worth a shot.

[quote name='andrew333']just remember though when you get a trade-in credit, you need to discount for the fact that Game Rush prices are pretty high (unless you use the pre-order deal)

imo, buying drake for $12 and trading it in for a $21 credit really isn't much of a deal since every new game at GR will cost you $54 and you will likely be able to get the same game through a fry's ad for $37[/quote]

Um, what? Every new game at Gamerush... 54 dollars? Uhhh... no.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='andrew333']just remember though when you get a trade-in credit, you need to discount for the fact that Game Rush prices are pretty high (unless you use the pre-order deal)

imo, buying drake for $12 and trading it in for a $21 credit really isn't much of a deal since every new game at GR will cost you $54 and you will likely be able to get the same game through a fry's ad for $37[/quote]

Um, what? Every new game at Gamerush... 54 dollars? Uhhh... no.[/quote]

I think he meant with tax, but then didn't include it with the fry's price. Blockbuster prices are pretty standard, most games are at msrp, some are actually above, but that is the reason some games get such great trade in value. Then again I only go for the preorder deal anyways. Can't beat a game on day of release for 15-20 bucks including the price payed for the trades. Also don't forget blockbuster price matches.

actually with fry's i was including tax also

i didn't know they pricematched though, thanks for that tidbit, that makes a huge difference (i just hope they take fry's)

First off there's a lil' summary below for you quick readers. Just got back from another GR run. First off, I was sort of pissed because they finally had a used copy of Sudeki, but I didn't get it because it wouldn't be 9.99.
But once I went up to the GR desk with my 4 games all of my unhappiness went away. I gave him my 4 games and told him I wanted to preorder 2 games, BloodRayne 2 and Time Crisis: Crisis Zone (they only had the Guncon 2 package that is worth 59.99 but I already have 2 guns).

He said no problem, but he was running into problems with his little official barcode thing (they aren't using those print out coupons anymore like they use to) and he had to manually take $20 off each game.

He then told me about the $5 extra on EACH game when you trade in 3 or more games and applied that to the 4 games I was trading in for the preorder deal. So I got the 2 deals combined. :D So the trade-in value basically shot up from around 50+ to 70+, and that's not including the $40 I save from the preorder deal.

THE SUMMARY in case you didn't want to read all of the above. I got the 2 deals ($5 extra trade-in credit when you trade in 3-10 xb,gc, ps2 games and $20 off a preorder when you trade in 2 games) COMBINED for a buttload of savings.

You are like the 3rd person I've heard this from in this area. My little brother said they combined the "get an extra $10 on a trade in" with the $9.99 deal the other day. I need to get into BB and see if they will combine stuff for me.

Also I don't know if this has been discussed, but I asked what deals were taken away and he confirmed the 2 for 9.99 deal is done, AND they took away the deal that had been there forever. The trade-in one game and get $10 off any new title 39.99 or above. I still have one coupon w/o an expiration for it though, that I have been saving.

Also the preorder deal, the get $5 extra type deal, and the $3 extra type deal (same as the $5 deal, but instead of next-gen games, it's for ps1 games) are the only 3 deals that they are running now that he is aware of.

Have any of you guys that got those coupons in the mail, seen them at the store? I would like to get my hands on either of those coupons, and was just wondering if maybe my local GRs have them. I'll probably ask next time I go up there.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Have any of you guys that got those coupons in the mail, seen them at the store? I would like to get my hands on either of those coupons, and was just wondering if maybe my local GRs have them. I'll probably ask next time I go up there.[/quote]

I went in the first day they got those coupons in, and the guy gave me like 50 of them. Then my friends told me they got one in the mail, too. I've heard that they are mailing them out to people that have traded, and to businesses around the store.

[quote name='ksuwild25']First off there's a lil' summary below for you quick readers. Just got back from another GR run. First off, I was sort of pissed because they finally had a used copy of Sudeki, but I didn't get it because it wouldn't be 9.99.
But once I went up to the GR desk with my 4 games all of my unhappiness went away. I gave him my 4 games and told him I wanted to preorder 2 games, BloodRayne 2 and Time Crisis: Crisis Zone (they only had the Guncon 2 package that is worth 59.99 but I already have 2 guns).

He said no problem, but he was running into problems with his little official barcode thing (they aren't using those print out coupons anymore like they use to) and he had to manually take $20 off each game.

He then told me about the $5 extra on EACH game when you trade in 3 or more games and applied that to the 4 games I was trading in for the preorder deal. So I got the 2 deals combined. :D So the trade-in value basically shot up from around 50+ to 70+, and that's not including the $40 I save from the preorder deal.

THE SUMMARY in case you didn't want to read all of the above. I got the 2 deals ($5 extra trade-in credit when you trade in 3-10 xb,gc, ps2 games and $20 off a preorder when you trade in 2 games) COMBINED for a buttload of savings.[/quote]

Nice work, its certainly ymmv to get the deals combined, although I was hoping mine would since many gamerush stores seem pretty clueless at this point. They seem to know less about the deals than we do and most stores are still learning the procedure in my experience. The gamerush I did the preorder deal at seemed pretty on top of things, but another had no idea this was going on. They also had trouble getting the preorder deal to work, they had to do it manually.

GameRush/Blockbuster DOES NOT PRICE MATCH!

I found this out when The Two Towers came out on DVD and they said they would not PM BB's price. They said they used to do it but not anymore.

that is a total bummer on the price match

i wouldn't be surprised if the trade 2, pick up a po for $9.99 (less trade value) comes back someday

So......2 drakes to 1 store works? Cause I could trade in 2 to 2 different stores giving me oh.....80 something dollars :eek:

you can trade up to 2 copies of the same game at once. their system keeps tracks of trades so be careful if your going to trade in many copies of the same game.

i'm going in this week, begining of next week to try and combine offers. hope it works

[quote name='fireball343']you can trade up to 2 copies of the same game at once. their system keeps tracks of trades so be careful if your going to trade in many copies of the same game.
[/quote]

There's 2 Game Rush's near me, do you know if they keep track between stores or are the accounts different?

edit: n/m, kaji7p56 already answered this question.

are there any different games to exploit that has even somewhat as much gain as drake does?

Also do they take n64 games for the $5 or even $3 trade in? or is it just the normal trade in amount for n64 games?

how much do games like SSB or goldeneye for the n64 go for at gamerush? (they are without covers, just the game, no manual either)

Because i have about 15 or 16 n64 games that I am willing to trade in towards some new games.

one more question? Do they catch you if you go to different gamerushes and exploit by doing these trade ins like the drake one?

[quote name='ksuwild25']THE SUMMARY in case you didn't want to read all of the above. I got the 2 deals ($5 extra trade-in credit when you trade in 3-10 xb,gc, ps2 games and $20 off a preorder when you trade in 2 games) COMBINED for a buttload of savings.[/quote]
Where, where, where? :shock: Could it be the one in Allen off of Alma and McDermott? I'm gonna be there on Tuesday to pick up Fable and I was thinkin about preordering a few other games too but if thats the location, then I'm definately doing it!

[quote name='dabomb75']one more question? Do they catch you if you go to different gamerushes and exploit by doing these trade ins like the drake one?[/quote]

Their computers are not connected in that way. If you have credit on your account in "Store A", but you are closer to "Store B", you can't use the credit. It's the same with your record. They only know your activity at their particular store. They only way to get caught is buy going in to a store with 3 Drakes and telling them that you just did the same thing at another store. If they call that store and confirm it, you are busted. Anyways, whose stupid enough to do that?

polobearjp - the one I went to wasn't the one on Mcdermott and Alma. It was the other one in Allen, which I think there are only 2 GRs in Allen.
I wrote in the other GR thread that I went back to that same store and it was a different employee and he would not let me combine the offers AND I had to pick the preorders from a select rack of games, which was like maybe 10 games.

If you go to the Mcdermott and Alma GR let me know if they still let people pick any preorder or if they combine the two deals.

i traded in five games today

deus ex invisible war -15
voodoo vince -12.00
driv3r (which i had just bought from a different gamerush for -10.00 since they paid me money to take it for trading in 3 crappy ps1 games with a coupon i had for trade 3 get 1 for 4.99) -30.00
dead to rights - 6.50
tenchu- 13.00

the total was like 81 dollars thanks to the trade 3 games get 5 bonus dollars. i used 30 of it to pay off gta san andreas and i saved the other 50 in case i want something before the big 3 come out in november.

hmmm.....so what would even happen if you were"BUSTED"? I mean we are just exploiting their idiocy by not making the deal specific enough to not be exploited. Doesn't sound like anything illegal to me.

Preordered Metroid Prime 2 yesterday, went back for Paper Mario 2 today.

Unfortunately the cool guy that was there yesterday wasn't there, they were having trouble with their computer. He was real nice. Instead they sent me over to the main rental area where I had to deal with the manager, she was so stingy. I had to tell her about the preorder for $29.99 deal. The cool guy told me I could combine the $5 extra each for 3 and the preorder deal yesterday, but she didn't let me when I said it. I traded the games anyway. Not only that but she wasn't gonna let me preorder it at first if it wasn't on the list, eventually another guy (looked like another manager) said "just do this one." looks like I got lucky. I'm pretty sure if anyone else is working there they'd let me pick any from the big print list behind the desk though.

Here's what I did today:
Metroid Prime $8
drake $22
FFX-2 $13

oh well, I've done 2 drakes there (on separate occasions), thats the limit for me (yeah i'm a wimp, but i gotta make this deal last incase an even better deal comes up), time to hit the other store :). I still want donkey konga and Metal gear solid 3.

Q. Do you need the boxes for this deal, I have some GBA games with no boxes?

he he he...im too lazy to look through my own thread, so: What limitations/provisos are there to the trade 3 get +$5? what systems are included?

[quote name='StealthGear']Preordered Metroid Prime 2 yesterday, went back for Paper Mario 2 today.

Unfortunately the cool guy that was there yesterday wasn't there, they were having trouble with their computer. He was real nice. Instead they sent me over to the main rental area where I had to deal with the manager, she was so stingy. I had to tell her about the preorder for $29.99 deal. The cool guy told me I could combine the $5 extra each for 3 and the preorder deal yesterday, but she didn't let me when I said it. I traded the games anyway. Not only that but she wasn't gonna let me preorder it at first if it wasn't on the list, eventually another guy (looked like another manager) said "just do this one." looks like I got lucky. I'm pretty sure if anyone else is working there they'd let me pick any from the big print list behind the desk though.

Here's what I did today:
Metroid Prime $8
drake $22
FFX-2 $13

oh well, I've done 2 drakes there (on separate occasions), thats the limit for me (yeah i'm a wimp, but i gotta make this deal last incase an even better deal comes up), time to hit the other store :). I still want donkey konga and Metal gear solid 3.

Q. Do you need the boxes for this deal, I have some GBA games with no boxes?[/quote]

Nope, you just need the game, you don't need any manuals or boxes. And, Wshakspear, PS2, Xbox, GBA, and GCN games are included for the trade 3 get 5+. Perhaps PSX is, but that'd be YMMV.

You might run into some problems with the 3 for 5$ extra deal because some cruddy games will cause the buyback price to be higher then the sell price for the game, like they buy haven for 2$ and add 5$ makes 7$, but they sell the game for 6$, so the system wont let them do it that way, I have done this at 2 different stores and they had to manually over ride and add the extra 5$. The stingy guy I went to only put those cruddy games as 5$ buy back, I went back later and got them to give me full credit, 2nd store the girl was very nice and gave me full 5$ for every game, she said the promo had no exceptions so they were required to do that, she gave me no problems.

Ive seen ppl ask the question of trading in multiple games at once. I have a slightly different version of that question. Ive got a few Drakes(dont we all :wink: ) and a few other duplicate games. What would happen if i traded in a Drake(or one of my other duplicates) 2-day and another one a week from now? Is that suspicious as well? Or is it just when you trade in multiple games at one time? Because if they look at my record,ive probably traded in a few copies of games. Probably something like 4 titles i think. Will this draw a red flag the next time i bring the same game? Does Gamerush have a certain limit of a game that theyll take from you? Any help will be appreciated. Oh by the way,heres a few tradein values i got today.

Robin Hood:Defender of the crown(xb) - $22
Ncaa 2005(xb) - $35
Bombastic(ps2) - $13
Space Channel 5(ps2) - $25

Got Def Jam and Star Wars:Battlefront preordered today. Like i said,any help with my question will be appreciated. Thx

Not sure if this helps but I asked when i was trading in games and the nice person I dealt with told me, 2 of the same titles per person per day. My opinion is anything more than maybe around 10 copies of the same title at the same store would maybe raise a flag, but if you had 10 copies of drake try different stores, less likely to get caught I guess.

A lot of that depends on the employee you are dealing with, most of them dont give a crap, but sometimes you will find one that takes his job just a little to serious.....so my advise would be to just wait a few days before bringing in the same titles

Do they accept duplicate titles? A local Target here has several copies of DMC 2 for $4.98 not marked. And NO Nephets you cannot have them!

[quote name='buster90']Do they accept duplicate titles? A local Target here has several copies of DMC 2 for $4.98 not marked. And NO Nephets you cannot have them![/quote]

Harsh. Why'd you mention me of all people? :p :lol:

Anyway, and yes, they do accept duplicate titles, or they always have for me, at least. I doubt they'd reject two copies of DMC2, because they don't reject two copies of Drake or Madden 02...

Am I the only one who has to be at Gamerush for 30 minutes to an hour every time I want to do a deal and trade in games? I'm the one usually having to tell them the deal that is going on at THEIR store.

Yesterday I got into an agrument over the $5 deal, is it $5 per 3 games, or $5 on each game, etc. I even had a problem with the $2 games cause they sell them for $6.99 and with $5 that would be more, I said it is not my fault they offer such a good deal :)

That because your shady looking and you bring 20 games in at a time to trade. :shock: :wink: + you have all those flags on your account. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back