Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='Espanto']So are they, or aren't they doing DoA:U preorders? Or, is this just kind of a YMMV thing?

I know I couldn't do Halo: CE, that's why I ask.[/quote]

I went to 4 Gamerush stores. Every one said they *are not* doing DoA:U pre-orders. They even let me look at the pre-order list and I didn't see it on there.

[quote name='pfunkpearl']I did the DOA Ultimate preoder for 29.99 last week.[/quote]

If you read the fine print in that $29.99 deal, it says it can't be used for games priced over $49.99 or "Collectors/Limited Edition" copies. DOA:U is going to retail for $55-$60 I think, so I'd double check with the store to make sure that you'll definitely be receiving a copy.

[quote name='vanlandw']Halo 2 CE is a no go at GR?!?!?!?!

S.H.I.T.!

or is it a YMMV type thing?[/quote]

Well some have said they got it. At my store they guy said: "We can't do it on that game cause it's more than $49.99, and we wouldn't make any money. The computer let us do it for the first day [it was on the list], but we were told we can't do it any longer [for $29.99]. Sorry, man."

So, I would vote: YMMV

yeah i agree but my GR has posting everywhere...PRE-ORDER HALO 2 WITH BONUS DVD TODAY!!!

I will try and go tonight and do it!

thanks

[quote name='norkusa'][quote name='pfunkpearl']I did the DOA Ultimate preoder for 29.99 last week.[/quote]

If you read the fine print in that $29.99 deal, it says it can't be used for games priced over $49.99 or "Collectors/Limited Edition" copies. DOA:U is going to retail for $55-$60 I think, so I'd double check with the store to make sure that you'll definitely be receiving a copy.[/quote]

Yup, I've got my reciept and it's fully paid for. They always hook me up at my game rush. If they don't get it they'll give me any other game instead.

the GR manager is pretty cool where i go to, plus, a couple of the GR emps ARE gamers. can you believe that? well, monday i traded in two copies of:

NGC Dr Muto -$22 (14.99 @ Gamestop)

i think its cheaper at EB but none had any in stock.

are the XB Drakes still -$22?

It's strange reading these cautionary tales ending in YMMV.

I've traded in games at two local Game Rushes. At one, they were completely clueless about the simplest of deals outlined in the large orange sides plastered on their walls, but at the other...

It's got to be the most pleasant game/buying/selling/trading experience ever. All the kids (in relation to me :( ) know the deals, know how to enter them in the computer, and have been extremely helpful each time I've gone to trade-in & preorder... bringing out from behind the desk their book of upcoming titles, then checking the computer to look for any I didn't see there.

They've had no hesitation allowing a preorder on any game in the system, and, in fact, at least two have at least a dozen each (just for Xbox) preordered for themselves (including Dead or Alive, which I saw above was a matter of contention).

[quote name='zewone']Halo LE is a go if you use the coupon out of the Scarface issue of EGM. It has a coupon to take $20 of ANY game 49.99 or HIGHER. This should work with DOA: U. They wouldn't let me preorder it with the instore deal but with the coupon they said they had to honor it even though it still didn't go through on the computer. The lady had to override it. Make sure you get a cashier who knows what there doing so it works.[/quote]

this is exactly what i did with halo LE. :) guess i got in right on time.

they better have one for me on the day of release or else i'm gonna go ballistic on the manager! :evil:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='zewone']Halo LE is a go if you use the coupon out of the Scarface issue of EGM. It has a coupon to take $20 of ANY game 49.99 or HIGHER. This should work with DOA: U. They wouldn't let me preorder it with the instore deal but with the coupon they said they had to honor it even though it still didn't go through on the computer. The lady had to override it. Make sure you get a cashier who knows what there doing so it works.[/quote]

this is exactly what i did with halo LE. :) guess i got in right on time.

they better have one for me on the day of release or else i'm gonna go ballistic on the manager! :evil:[/quote]

Damn, I had that coupon....I should've used it for MK:Deception (KE). I already pre-ordered the regualr version though since I could not do it with the current offer. Oh well.....I will live I suppose.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']How many of you have been successful with combininng the preorder deal with the trade in 3 deal?[/quote]

I've been able to combine the two on four different visits!

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']How many of you have been successful with combininng the preorder deal with the trade in 3 deal?[/quote]

I've been able to combine the two on four different visits!

i did it once, but i went back to the same gr today, saw the same employee, but he wouldn't let me do it this time. said that last time he didn't know that you weren't supposed to combine the deals.

Never fear, all Gamerushes everywhere are confirmed for Halo 2 midnight release parties.

Oh, and glad the Dynasty Tactics 2 tip helped so much. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more.

That's really odd, because on their website they list consoles under items that they want most. Currently offering $90 for Xbox and $80 for PS2.

Thanks everyone for your input on the whole pre-order thing. I put in a preorder on Nocturne today and I hope like hell that GR gets this baby in, it sounds mindblowing. If ya'll are interested in learning more about it, then click on the link below and then click on the new preview.

:)

So how much cash do you get back if you want your pre-order cancelled? Wouldn't they have to give you $50? Anything less would suck big time. Because you just traded in 2 games that you could've traded in later on or in the trade in 3 get an extra $5 deal.

There was a PC version of Dino Crisis 2 at my Game Rush... and it was PO, and my Game Rush accepts trade-ins for systems I believe.

I'm going to go preorder Paper Mario 2 in a few weeks or so, did anybody get the 3 Game Rush coupons in the newest EGM?

If you cancel your pre-order you get nothing back if it was a promo. Its just that, a PROMO for a pre-ordered game. Be lucky if they let you 'apply' the promo to another game, I sure as hell wouldn't.

[quote name='gizmogc']If you cancel your pre-order you get nothing back if it was a promo. Its just that, a PROMO for a pre-ordered game. Be lucky if they let you 'apply' the promo to another game, I sure as hell wouldn't.[/quote]

none of my gamerushes are offering any sort of promos so far, has anyone gotten a promo?

EDIT:gizmog, if you are saying your store cant fill my preorders for nocturne or crisis zone, and you wont apply the credit to another preorder or offer a refund, then i would just get the manager to do it, and i would file a written complaint on you for being the worst employee at a game store.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='gizmogc']If you cancel your pre-order you get nothing back if it was a promo. Its just that, a PROMO for a pre-ordered game. Be lucky if they let you 'apply' the promo to another game, I sure as hell wouldn't.[/quote]

none of my gamerushes are offering any sort of promos so far, has anyone gotten a promo?

EDIT:gizmog, if you are saying your store cant fill my preorders for nocturne or crisis zone, and you wont apply the credit to another preorder or offer a refund, then i would just get the manager to do it, and i would file a written complaint on you for being the worst employee at a game store.[/quote]

Ya, Gamerush is trying to gain customers not loose them, so that's one reason for all these great promos.

BTW, my gamerush started making you pay in for when you pre-order, anyone else's do that? Doesn't matter too much to me, just curious.

The flyers with the $20 off w/ two trade-in deal states in the small print that you need to pay the balance in full at the time of pre-order.

A couple of quick questions if someone wouldn't mind replying.

1. I saw where someone preordered Prince of Persia 2. This is listed as $40 at most places, so can you still get $20 off of it? This goes for other things like Jak 3 and Ratchet and Clank 3. Has anyone been able to use the deal on a game that will retail for less than $49.99?

2. This one is for anyone in the Charlotte, NC area. Is there anyone around who knows which Gamerush is the best one to go to? In other words has anyone in this area had success double-dipping the offers and/or pre-ordering something not on their list?

Thanks in advance!

Bonus question: Anyone know what the trade-in value on Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow is?

[quote name='racthamp']so is Drake drop down in trade value for sure? Man.. i'd hate not being able to trade my last copy of Drake.. no time yet..[/quote]

I keep hearing that it is supposed to, but nobody can confirm if it has nor not.

[quote name='Ichabod']A couple of quick questions if someone wouldn't mind replying.

1. I saw where someone preordered Prince of Persia 2. This is listed as $40 at most places, so can you still get $20 off of it? This goes for other things like Jak 3 and Ratchet and Clank 3. Has anyone been able to use the deal on a game that will retail for less than $49.99?[/quote]

No. The small print on that deal says the game has to be at least $49.99 to get the $20 off. I tried it a few weeks ago for Hot Shots Fore (priced at $39.99) and couldn't get the discount.

[quote name='norkusa'][quote name='Ichabod']A couple of quick questions if someone wouldn't mind replying.

1. I saw where someone preordered Prince of Persia 2. This is listed as $40 at most places, so can you still get $20 off of it? This goes for other things like Jak 3 and Ratchet and Clank 3. Has anyone been able to use the deal on a game that will retail for less than $49.99?[/quote]

No. The small print on that deal says the game has to be at least $49.99 to get the $20 off. I tried it a few weeks ago for Hot Shots Fore (priced at $39.99) and couldn't get the discount.[/quote]

Damnit. I guess I have to find another way to score those on the cheap.

[quote name='gizmogc']If you cancel your pre-order you get nothing back if it was a promo. Its just that, a PROMO for a pre-ordered game. Be lucky if they let you 'apply' the promo to another game, I sure as hell wouldn't.[/quote]

Huh what do you mean get nothing back? People trade in 2 games for a discount on that preorder, you mean you can keep their 2 games and give them nothing? What about people who preorder and pay in full? You keep their money too? Be lucky they LET you, wth is that. We paid for services, you cant supply what you said you would then you have to refund or give us equivalent service for compensation or even MORE for our troubles. Thats how things usually work here in the USA.

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='norkusa'][quote name='Ichabod']A couple of quick questions if someone wouldn't mind replying.

No. The small print on that deal says the game has to be at least $49.99 to get the $20 off. I tried it a few weeks ago for Hot Shots Fore (priced at $39.99) and couldn't get the discount.[/quote]

Damnit. I guess I have to find another way to score those on the cheap.[/quote]

This might be YMMV because I ordered POP2 and they had no problem giving me the $20 off! I didn't red the small print and I guess they didn't either! Also in response to pfunkpearl, my local GRs don't charge me the full price during pre order! On three different visits to two seperate stores they asked how much I'd like to put down.

EVERYONE, I asked not one but 3 separate GAMERUSH MANAGERs that question about the preorders.

If they do not get that preorder, they said they would allow you to switch to another preorder of the same value. Whoever said they just cancel it is absurd. Please no more questions about that, at least from the north Dallas region. Also I have received games that were not on that stupid list already, but games that maybe rare like the metal slug 3 and I'm starting to think that they won't get my Time Crisis Crisis Zone preorder in just because I've never seen them sell those shooter type games.

Also Black Arrow nets $20 according to their chart.

[quote name='norkusa'][quote name='Ichabod']A couple of quick questions if someone wouldn't mind replying.

I got PoP 2, but I think it was before they really knew how to run things and they had to input it manually. Not sure if its supposed to work on $39.99 games or not.

YMMV, my local one, scans a coupon they have att the register and it takes $20 off! I preorded R and C:3 for $20!

The guy who took my pre-orders didn't have the list handy so he just did them from the computer. He said if you pre-order a game that is not on the list, the store still gets it for you. I think they order as many games as there are pre-orders. Thats why they stop taking them about a week before release. Then again, this was the same store that said the "trade 2 get a PO for $9.99" would last FOever, so I can be 100% on that.

Nice job, Pfunk. I'm really hoping one of the stores around here will let me do that as well. Of course, I'm also hoping they'll let me take advantage of both deals. I'm not asking too much am I? :D

And by the way, do Gamerushes require instruction booklets with trade-ins?

Thanks for the help, all.

[quote name='Ichabod']A couple of quick questions if someone wouldn't mind replying.

2. This one is for anyone in the Charlotte, NC area. Is there anyone around who knows which Gamerush is the best one to go to? In other words has anyone in this area had success double-dipping the offers and/or pre-ordering something not on their list?

[/quote]

I can't answer about the best but I can tell you that in SW Charlotte the consistently worst one I've been in is the Arboretum gamerush. The games are scattered, frequently not in order and I've had trouble even finding an employee working in the area...especially during the week. I've found the one on 51 near Carmel Rd to have really good knowlegable employees though and you might have some luck there. The others (485 and University) have been hit and miss.

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='racthamp']so is Drake drop down in trade value for sure? Man.. i'd hate not being able to trade my last copy of Drake.. no time yet..[/quote]

I keep hearing that it is supposed to, but nobody can confirm if it has nor not.[/quote]

I just called and they told me $2. I have 2 copies. I am going to call another location because this one has been known to leave off numbers for trade in values or misread prices.

i think they're prices are nationally set so i wouldn't waste time calling or driving around looking for a better price on Drake

anyone know where i can get the coupon where i get an extra 20 towards a preorder when i trade in 2 games.

if they are only in mags, are any magazines guaranteed to have the coupon inside of it. please answer, cause i lost my coupon and i need another one.

also anyone know of games that i can buy for less than the trade in at gamerush. i know the drake thing ended which sucks, but if anyone knows another game, that would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back