Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

The trade prices are nationwide. Drake has dropped to 7.00. This is confirmed fact. If you don't believe me, by all means, go buy a dozen copies.

Everyone else move on.

I'll get Hobbit numbers tomorrow.

I bought 4 space channel 5's at walmart.com for a total of $54. I bought 4 Culdcepts at Ebgames.com for a total of $50. The total was about $104. I traded them at various Gamerushes in my general area and got $228 in credit. So far, I have 6 fully paid pre-orders, a brand new Gamecube (bought with my credit) and over $500 in credit STILL remaining. Folks, I have officially retired!!!!! (unless another loophole pops up, in which case I will come out of retirement).

I don't mean to gloat, but to spread the word about Gamerush, my new favorite place.

To date I have spent about $250 of my own money buying Drakes and Space Channel 5 and Culdcepts.

For those $250 I have: 6 fully paid pre-orders
1 new gamecube
Enough credit for a : Nintendo DS with one game AND a
Sony PSP with game (if it's $250 or without a game if it's $300)

Thanks CAG! Thanks Blockbuster(suckers)! And thank you ME!

BTW, this is my 200th post (It's alot for me since I don't post in every thread just to get my post count up like other people here). WHat do you guys think of my Avatar?

I don't want to hate and I mean congrats to you but that seems a bit excessive and will eventually bring the fall of the great GameRush. I really don't want that to happen, I want the sweet deals to keep coming but at this rate they will stop very quickly!!

[quote name='Meatwad42']The trade prices are nationwide. Drake has dropped to 7.00. This is confirmed fact. If you don't believe me, by all means, go buy a dozen copies.

Everyone else move on.

I'll get Hobbit numbers tomorrow.[/quote]

Drake is $2 here and Hobbit for GC is $25.

[quote name='Santurio']I don't want to hate and I mean congrats to you but that seems a bit excessive and will eventually bring the fall of the great GameRush. I really don't want that to happen, I want the sweet deals to keep coming but at this rate they will stop very quickly!![/quote]

That is not as excessive as some guys I have seen around. They were carrying a duffle bag of games and their trade in credit as my buddy peeked at the register.... ~$750. They turned around and bought all their games back for $9.99 since they had a friend that worked there. They promptly walked out of the store with no less games and about $400-500 profit.

Thanks, Ericb. The Carmel Commons one is the one I was going to head to first anyway, so hopefully it will work out best.

spin03

They Flyer $20 off when you trade in 2 games at Gamerush.com ;)

Also, my local BB GR is Open in October 4 and October 9. I wonder any special Promotion deal or trade-in deal on BRAND-OPENNING Day !!!

Someone who I share all my local thrift store finds and CAG deals in town told me this story how he was at Gamerush last week. The guy working there said employees aren't allowed to trade-in games anymore because some GR employee in Ohio racked up $2,000 credit in one week and got busted by Blockbuster. So now apparently they changed the employee trade-in policy because of that. Wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the reasons why they stopped the "trade in 2 PO, get 1 PO for $9.99" deal.

I've gotten about $600 in credit in the last couple monthes, spent most of it and preorders and other trade in deals. I've got about $100 currently..Thanks Cheapassgamer.com!

no offense to anyone but i really wish all this bragging didn't exist in this thread, it's one thing to take advantage of the system and another to boast, especially when it is likely that game rush employees are familiar with this site

my humble opinion, this thread should primarily be for posting deals and trade-in values

[quote name='andrew333']no offense to anyone but i really wish all this bragging didn't exist in this thread, it's one thing to take advantage of the system and another to boast, especially when it is likely that game rush employees are familiar with this site

my humble opinion, this thread should primarily be for posting deals and trade-in values[/quote]

I traded in 600 Space CHannel 5's and 200 Drakes and I have $5000 in credit!!!! I also robbed a Gamerush and Stabbed the manager in the neck. I then proceeded to burn the store down with the employees still inside!!!!! HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

I'm just kidding of course. How can any employee who knows about the site do anything? Even if the CEO of Blockbuster visited the site what would he do? BB have decided that they want to pay certain amounts for certain games. I'm assuming something like this has to be approved at a very high level. Plus, I don't think that Blockbuster is going to care what a bunch of anonymous people on a videogame website are CLAIMING they did at GR.

Anyways, I personally only trade in 2 copies of a particular title a a store. Since I recently discovered that BB gives the exact same amount as GR, there is no reason anyone should flood GR's with a particular title. In my area there are about 25 Blockbusters (I'm not kidding) and 5 Gamerushes. I have all the pre-orders I want so I am just racking up credit on my gift cards. I don't visit the same store twice with the same games and if we want these trade-in values to stay high, then we should all do that.

Awesome thing I just did. I got Spawn Armageddon, I-Ninja, and The Hobbit, all for trade-bait at CC to trade into at Game Rush. I got 41 dollars for all 3 games total (including was the 5 dollar add-on for each game), and I also preordered Paper Mario 2, and now have 7 dollars in credit left. Note, I just spent about 20 bucks at CC.

How much do you get got Bombastic and Alter Echo at Game Rush? Please tell me, I need to know before I end up returning them (I haven't opened them yet).

[quote name='Nephets']Awesome thing I just did. I got Spawn Armageddon, I-Ninja, and The Hobbit, all for trade-bait at CC to trade into at Game Rush. I got 41 dollars for all 3 games total (including was the 5 dollar add-on for each game), and I also preordered Paper Mario 2, and now have 7 dollars in credit left. Note, I just spent about 20 bucks at CC.

How much do you get got Bombastic and Alter Echo at Game Rush? Please tell me, I need to know before I end up returning them (I haven't opened them yet).[/quote]

Hey Nephets,Bombastic gets you $13(last time i did it,2 weeks ago). And exactly how did the trade-in value work out for each game you just bought at CC? I would love to know because im planning to go to CC tommorow. I would think Spawn would be worth something,let me know ok. Also,does anybody know how many preorders youre allowed to have? I dont wanna go over a limit or something. Ive received 3 preorders and have 10 left. Thx in advance.

Also heres some trade in values i got on my last run.

Kabuki Warriors(xbox) $5
Rayman 3:Hoodlum Havoc(xbox) $13
Beyond Good and Evil(xbox) $8

[quote name='Nephets']Awesome thing I just did. I got Spawn Armageddon, I-Ninja, and The Hobbit, all for trade-bait at CC to trade into at Game Rush. I got 41 dollars for all 3 games total (including was the 5 dollar add-on for each game), and I also preordered Paper Mario 2, and now have 7 dollars in credit left. Note, I just spent about 20 bucks at CC.

How much do you get got Bombastic and Alter Echo at Game Rush? Please tell me, I need to know before I end up returning them (I haven't opened them yet).[/quote]

Why didn't you just take them to the Game Rush counter and say, "I might trade these in, but I want to see what they're worth first"?

Because I don't really want to open them, because if I do I'm not sure if I can return them. I'm not sure they'd like two unopened games, but, I was just checking here first to see if anyone knows before I bother doing that.

[quote name='Usa Ghost'][quote name='Nephets']Awesome thing I just did. I got Spawn Armageddon, I-Ninja, and The Hobbit, all for trade-bait at CC to trade into at Game Rush. I got 41 dollars for all 3 games total (including was the 5 dollar add-on for each game), and I also preordered Paper Mario 2, and now have 7 dollars in credit left. Note, I just spent about 20 bucks at CC.

Hey Nephets,Bombastic gets you $13(last time i did it,2 weeks ago). And exactly how did the trade-in value work out for each game you just bought at CC? I would love to know because im planning to go to CC tommorow. I would think Spawn would be worth something,let me know ok. Also,does anybody know how many preorders youre allowed to have? I dont wanna go over a limit or something. Ive received 3 preorders and have 10 left. Thx in advance.

Also heres some trade in values i got on my last run.

Kabuki Warriors(xbox) $5
Rayman 3:Hoodlum Havoc(xbox) $13
Beyond Good and Evil(xbox) $8[/quote]

Sorry for the double post, but I really do hope Bombastic gives me 13 dollars, because then I can get some other games with it so I can add 5 dollars to each game (so I can buy a new copy of TOS), since I preordered every game I want. And since they won't let me preorder Donkey Konga since it comes out in a few days, or something. Thanks for telling me the trade-in value though.

I think Spawn was worth like 7 dollars, not exactly sure, I would check my receipt, but I don't have it anymore. :( Sorry.

I got 20+ something dollars (plus extra due to the 5-dollar addition) for The Hobbit, and not sure about I-Ninja either, probably like 5-6 dollars as including the 15 dollars bonus from the 3 trade-in games.

The Hobbit that gets you $25 trade-in value is for GameCube.

It costs about $10 at CC.

All-Star Baseball 2003 = $1.50

I traded 2 Hobbits and ASB and got lots o' credit. :)

I got the PS2 version and got 25 dollars for it (30 with the 5 dollar add-on).

I think I'm going to be looking for another copy of The Hobbit to trade-in sometime later this week so I can get Donkey Konga at Game Rush for a cheap price.

After Konga, I shall be getting my already paid for PM2 and MP2. :D

Then sometime after that I'll probably get a copy of TOS. All via Game Rush. My favorite game store. :wink:

Hey guys.

This thread has gotten out of hand so it would be hard to find, but what are the current trade promos running at Gamerush?

Yeah I know I could just call and ask but this was easier.

Thanks for the info.

After looking at thier site I have another question.

The site makes it sound as if they accept new games. Do they? Is the value higher on a sealed game? Is it cash for used, credit for sealed.

I'm a Game Rush newb :oops:

So I guess it's the GC and PS2 version of The Hobbit gives you $25 at GameRush. Who knows about the XBOX. The reason I thought only the GC version got you that much is because someone in another topic said that that was the only one.

Current deals

Trade-in 2 GC/PS2/XBOX games & get $20 off a $49.99 Pre-order game.

Trade-in 3 or more GC/PS2/XBOX games and get an Extra $5 on each of the games. Or get an Extra $3 on 3 or more PS1 games. Limit 10 per transaction.

I once thought trade prices were nationwide, but I guess they're not so this stuff goes for the Dallas area...

GCube-Hobbit $25
XBox-Hobbit $13
PS2-Hobbit $12

Alter Echo (someone asked) I don't remember exactly, but I know that it's jack squat. Some one recently traded it at ours and I remember thinking, "Crap, that's really low!"

Oh, and something I've noticed...

Lots of games, like Madden 2001, 2002, etc., have had their trade price reduced from 2.00 to 1.50. This was a response to the fact that games with a trade value of 2.00 were ineligible for the extra 5.00 because the extra 5.00 brought their trade value to 7.00, and the computer would freak out because it was higher than the sale price of 6.99.

In other words, those little cheapie Madden games and Turok and such should now be eligible for the extra 5.00.

So does anyone know of any exclusions in the trade 3 + extra 5 dollars?

I'm not going to get greedy, but with a ton of AAA games coming, and 5 CC's within 20 minutes, I wouldn't mind setting up some good credit for games like Metroid and Metal Gear.

I'm thinking of games like Alter Echo, Mark of Kri, Spawn, Auto Mollidesta...games that I can get and still leave plenty for other cheapasses.

Any of those excluded? Anyone know trade in values for them? Should I open them or leave sealed. How long does the trade 3 get 5 + last?

Sorry for the interrogation. Thanks for the help.

As of now, there are no games excluded, i'm sure ater this promo is over they may look at the 100,000 drakes in stock and 20,000 hobbits for game cube and start developing a exclusion list but none as of yet. The only limit on the deal is trade in 3 up to 10 a day. In other words no more than $50 extra credit.

No exclusions that I know of.

I think someone said Bombastic gets you $13 at GR. That's $5 at CC.

When I was in GameRush tonight, I was browsing the PS2 section and saw Auto Modellista for around $16.99. So it might trade in at 5,6,7,8? Don't know though.

And I wouldn't open your games until you go in-store and verify that the games your trading in are at the value you want.

I go in and check the values, go back out, open games and come back in.

I'll be returning Alter Echo then, and be sure to pick up like maybe 2 Auto Modellista's and another Hobbit, so I can use the credit to pick up Donkey Konga later on next week.

My CC has tons of Auto Modellista's that need to be picked over. Nobody else wants 'em. :wink:

Also, is it true you can use your Game Rush credit you get on anything in the BB store? I want a few DVD boxsets that I've seen in the stores, and games from CC might just make that a little easier...

Still though, I'm hoping to trade in some games from CC later next week (around Friday), so I can get Donkey Konga and maybe something else.

So, let's say I traded in Bombastic, The Hobbit, and Auto Modellista. I'll say, just for referencing, since I think you get 10 bucks for AM, so, I'd get 63 dollars (more or less)? Wow, amazing. I'd only need to spend 10 bucks to get another Hobbit (I'll use the money I get from the return of Alter Echo to get Auto Modellista).

I could preorder Resident Evil 4, but, ehhh, that's a long ways off. I'll wait for a deal on that when the game gets heavily advertised.

the only real limitation is trading in multiple copies of the same game (there is a limit of 2 per account) -- so i wouldn't advise buying dozens of hobbits

sealed games are definitely fine (they'll sell them as new if they can get the old store price sticker off)

also, game rush stores that know what they're doing won't allow you to combine the $5 bump per trade-in with the $20 pre-order credit

last, you can definitely use your credit on anything in the store

[quote name='andrew333']the only real limitation is trading in multiple copies of the same game (there is a limit of 2 per account) -- so i wouldn't advise buying dozens of hobbits

sealed games are definitely fine (they'll sell them as new if they can get the old store price sticker off)

also, game rush stores that know what they're doing won't allow you to combine the $5 bump per trade-in with the $20 pre-order credit

last, you can definitely use your credit on anything in the store[/quote]

Well, the employee that added on the extra 5 for all my games knows me well and let me use it anyway since I'm a regular customer. 8)

[quote name='Nephets']Because I don't really want to open them, because if I do I'm not sure if I can return them. I'm not sure they'd like two unopened games, but, I was just checking here first to see if anyone knows before I bother doing that.[/quote]

You don't have to open them. They scan the barcode on the back of the box to find out what the trade-in value is worth.

As for them being unopened, that's even better for them. I picked up a PS2 Madden Collector's Edition cheap just for the whole purpose of trading it at Game Rush.

The next time I went to GR, I saw it on the shelf as a new game with a 'Sale' sticker on it for $55, instead of being lumped in with the used games.

My GR won't let me combine trade-in offers anymore. Apparently, corporate phoned all the managers a couple days ago and told them to stop combining. I knew it would happen eventually, but I didn't expect it yet. I was also overcharged, so I'm not too pleased with GR now. Hopefully their next trade-in special will earn them more favor with me. :)

I went to CC today and picked up 2 copies of the Hobbit for GCN for $10 each and took at trip to GameRush.

I traded the two sealed copies in along with Spider-Man 2 for the Xbox for $25 each. The $5 added offer jumped the price up to $30 each - $90 total.

I was able to pick up a new copy of Fable and still have $42 left. I'll trade in two lousy games later and pre-order Halo 2 for $30 with the pre-order coupon and still have about $10 left.

I love GameRush. I really do.

I traded in some games I got from CC at EB and got $85 I pre-ordered Halo 2, and got Halo... Not bad, but not even close to what you guys get.

[quote name='video_gamer324']My GR won't let me combine trade-in offers anymore. Apparently, corporate phoned all the managers a couple days ago and told them to stop combining. I knew it would happen eventually, but I didn't expect it yet. I was also overcharged, so I'm not too pleased with GR now.[/quote]

I shall head out to my stores today and double check on this....

:?: Anyone else confirm that the offers arent combining anymore?

[quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='video_gamer324']My GR won't let me combine trade-in offers anymore. Apparently, corporate phoned all the managers a couple days ago and told them to stop combining. I knew it would happen eventually, but I didn't expect it yet. I was also overcharged, so I'm not too pleased with GR now.[/quote]

I shall head out to my stores today and double check on this....

:?: Anyone else confirm that the offers arent combining anymore?[/quote]

They aren't supposed to combine offers, but you might get away with it sometimes.

[quote name='el bobo']I traded in some games I got from CC at EB and got $85 I pre-ordered Halo 2, and got Halo... Not bad, but not even close to what you guys get.[/quote]

Whoa, it took you that long to get Halo? :x :shock:

If you're gonna trade in new copies of a game, you should atleast take the cheapest price off of it (if it has one, like say $4.96). Or open it after you confirm it's value, then take it in.

Thanks for the info Nephets and other posters about the Hobbit trade in value. I went to my local CC tonight and after scrounging around in the gamecube section I was able to find one copy of the Hobbit hidden behind some other games. My CC had a ton of a ps2 and xbox versions of the Hobbit so I went ahead and picked up a ps2 version as well.

I traded in the gamecube version tonight for $25 and I'm going to trade the ps2 version of the Hobbit in tomorrow for more credit. I've read a couple different posts here about the ps2 value, one says 12, and the other is 25. I'll let you know what I get for it in my area tomorrow.

It's only been a couple weeks since my first trade in at Game Rush and I've already got over $300 of games and credit. I've spend about $85 out of pocket and traded in a few of the old games I already had but it's been well worth it. I've really been enjoying trying to hunt down some of these deals, kind of like a second hobby in addition to gaming. CAG is one of the best websites I've ever came across. Really helpful community here for the most part.

I just got an Xbox last week. I already have Fable, Deathrow, Halo, Halo 2 LE (RE), MK:D (RE), and I will be getting burnout 3, def jam, and something else at that Media Play trade in deal thing.

Going to GameRush tonight. Probally going to get Burnout 3 and try to preorder a few games. I need to try to get some games for trade bait soon.

So in addition to the Hobbit what games can you pick up cheap and take to GameRush? I gotta go back and get pikmin 2 and DJ:ffny... and I don't have enough money - I have a few games I'm willing to part with but if they won't combine deals then I'm screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back