GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

Wow... still no Tetris. How the hell did you people get it?

And none at the other GR either... Do GR employees switch stores a lot? Just talked to a guy that has worked at the first store for months, and I've seen another employee at both stores as well.

[quote name='botticus']Wow... still no Tetris. How the hell did you people get it?

And none at the other GR either... Do GR employees switch stores a lot? Just talked to a guy that has worked at the first store for months, and I've seen another employee at both stores as well.[/QUOTE]

Around here they do the employee shuffle between all the local Blockbusters (and the one GR) ALL THE TIME. One of the best former GR employees is stuck at a regular BB now and is trying to get back. They seem to do it for no reason.

I have no idea how I got a Tetris - I feel like taking a picture to prove that it is real :D. I would have preferred Metroid though. My GR is in limbo there - I'd almost feel better if they hadn't gotten either because now it is likely they will never get Metroid, whereas yours will probably get both in at the same time.

Botticus - any word on Odama from your GR?

[quote name='io']Here you go...

;)

OK, so I was bored...[/QUOTE]
:rofl: The best part is it still looks like you photoshopped your receipt onto a stock Tetris image.

[quote name='botticus']:rofl: The best part is it still looks like you photoshopped your receipt onto a stock Tetris image.[/QUOTE]

No No No - see how it's crooked and all - I stuck it into my all purpose printer/fax/scanner :D. And that gray background because I couldn't close the scanner cover all the way with the game in there (Pricegrabber should be used to these!). Hey, I wasn't going to spend alot of time on it.

For what it's worth, I picked up a used GameBoy Player for GC today for $8.50. It was stickered $29.99, so I was expecting it to be $15, but the price was actually $16.99, so it was another 50% off. Pretty good deal, I think.

Anyone know what the trade-in value for an original "fat" style PS2, network adapter, and dual shock controller is? Wanna trade mine in so I can upgrade to a slim PS2 before the $129.99 price drop happens and trade-in prices go down.

wow this is really really gay. I called GR at about 8, asked then if Megaman: Maverick Hunter X were in stock and they told me it was, so I asked them to hold it for me. I go in at 8:30 and they tell me they don't have it. I'm like wtf? and he's like the guy that answered the phone just probably looked at the wrong column or something. Then I go to look at some games because I wanted to pick up DW 4 & 5, which they did not have. I overhear the guy saying they have a total of 4 people working there, he never has enough time to finish any inventory, and that the store might not last that much longer. :cry: this can't be good.......

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']wow this is really really gay. I called GR at about 8, asked then if Megaman: Maverick Hunter X were in stock and they told me it was, so I asked them to hold it for me. I go in at 8:30 and they tell me they don't have it. I'm like wtf? and he's like the guy that answered the phone just probably looked at the wrong column or something.[/QUOTE]

See, this is why when I asked about Tetris I called back an hour later (before actually heading out) to make sure they had *really* pulled it aside. The first person just did the computer thing to check if it was there and said 'yes'. The second person said it was sitting in a drawer with a hold tag on it, so I figured I was safe :D.

Chiming in( a little late) just to say that my GR has Metroid, Tetris and a bunch of Tomb Raiders for the 360. Have any of you guys actually played Tomb Raider yet? Just wondering if it's a worthy purchase. I'm in So. Cal.

[quote name='eraser813']Chiming in( a little late) just to say that my GR has Metroid, Tetris and a bunch of Tomb Raiders for the 360. Have any of you guys actually played Tomb Raider yet? Just wondering if it's a worthy purchase. I'm in So. Cal.[/QUOTE]

I picked up TR the other day and really enjoying it! I've put about three hours into it and I'm already at 50%. I'm not even rushing through the levels. Best way to describe it is short but sweet!

So I went to a couple of BB yesterday to trade in some copies of GG: Allied Strike.

1st store

I walk into this store that I traded at before and tell the woman at the front that I have a couple of games I want to trade. She starts to say "okay", but then this other employee interrupts her and says "we don't do trades at this store anymore. You'll have to go to another store." The guy who interrupted her was someone who gave me a funny look when I traded in 2 Red Ninjas a few weeks ago. I think this guy was just lying out his ass.

2nd store

I bring in 2 more copies and ask if it is okay to trade 2 of the same game and the guy says "no I can only take one copy".

Anyway, was I being lied to once or twice?

[quote name='pinebarrens']So I went to a couple of BB yesterday to trade in some copies of GG: Allied Strike.

1st store

I walk into this store that I traded at before and tell the woman at the front that I have a couple of games I want to trade. She starts to say "okay", but then this other employee interrupts her and says "we don't do trades at this store anymore. You'll have to go to another store." The guy who interrupted her was someone who gave me a funny look when I traded in 2 Red Ninjas a few weeks ago. I think this guy was just lying out his ass.

2nd store

I bring in 2 more copies and ask if it is okay to trade 2 of the same game and the guy says "no I can only take one copy".

Anyway, was I being lied to once or twice?[/QUOTE]
No way of knowing at the 1st store unless you are able to trade again there some other time. As far as the second time, the store can limit trades any way they want, though technically you are allowed to trade two. It depends on the employee in that case.

[quote name='pinebarrens']So I went to a couple of BB yesterday to trade in some copies of GG: Allied Strike.

1st store

2nd store

Anyway, was I being lied to once or twice?[/QUOTE]

Store 1, I think they are full of it, but you should avoid trying to trade there for a while.

Store 2, They are supposed to take 2, but trading 2 at a time raises a big red flag. I always just trade 1 of each title per day. I also try to spread the trades around.

[quote name='JaysonR']the question is where to get gungriffon for a reasonable cheap price?[/QUOTE]

You can rule Best Buy out - I was in there yesterday and saw it was 29.99 :(

Latest from my GR is that they don't carry Tetris, even though they have it on order :roll: Couldn't get a hold of the DM today, guess I'll have to try next week.

[quote name='CaoPi']are the Sony PS2 official Dual Shock 2 controllers 50% off?[/quote]

ahhhh someone please answer the man's question!!!!!!!!

[quote name='CaoPi']are the Sony PS2 official Dual Shock 2 controllers 50% off?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried to buy any, but I was told that only certain colors were on sale - I forget which. If I get in there soon I'll tale another look at the compete accessory list and see if it has them on their by color.

As for the regular BB store not accepting trades, it is possible it was just BS. They did just start taking trades in new areas (MD, VA, and AZ I know of personally :D). HOWEVER, I saw something interesting at my GR the other day. They had games that had clearly come from a regular BB in their used game section - they were in the larger plastic cases instead of the BB DVD boxes (with the yellow lock-tabs) that GR uses. (And a few, I think, were games I might have traded in at other locations :D). So either they just did an inventory shuffle (perhaps a regular BB closed that I don't know about yet), or perhaps they are phasing out trade-ins at some BB? I have no idea, but it is possible - we should keep an eye on trade-in acceptance at regular BB's.

[quote name='soonerdoc']was quoted 25 bucks this afternoon[/quote]

ugh.. and last i was there they still sold it for 48 or some such crap.. they are really raping us on 360 trade ins with this b.s. that they still start at 35 bucks..

[quote name='deadite76']I picked up TR the other day and really enjoying it! I've put about three hours into it and I'm already at 50%. I'm not even rushing through the levels. Best way to describe it is short but sweet![/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the info on the game. I'll give it some thought because my credit at GR is not as robust as it used to be!

I was in my local BB today and saw a single slightly crushed Karaoke Revolution: Volume 3 Bundle if anyone is in search of it. Not exactly my genre but someone might want it. It said $59.99 and had the %50 off sticker on it.

Went in today and asked about the new batch of 50% off stuff. They'd heard that it was coming and said they'd check their e-mail for me and print out a copy of the list if they had it. End result: no list. They did find an e-mail that was sent out saying that the new 50% off list is coming on the 20th rather than the 11th as originally planned, though.

So amazingly enough, a GR where the employees are pretty knowledgeable and able to at least figure out a definitive answer as to when the new list is coming.

Did a lot of trading two days ago...(picked up a premium 360...)...

XB:
Ninja Gaiden $10
Jade Empire LE $1.50
Mercenaries $9.50
Ultimate Spiderman $9.50
Galleon $19
Metal Slug 4&5 $19
Crimson Skies $1.50
Enter the Matrix $1.50
Mechassault $2.50
Spy Hunter $1.25
Legends of Wrestling II $.75
Mojo $2.50
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent $1.50

PS2:
Lethal Skies Elite Pilot $2.50
Gradius V $12
Samurai Western $19
Tekken 4 $7

Gamecube:
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory $6

PSP Movie:
Domino $6

[quote name='Zon27']
Galleon $19
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

STILL!? That's priceless... Wish I could find more. Does anyone know,offhand what current trade-in values are for Genji, Geist, and Operation Spy? I'll check tomorrow but if anyone has traded recently I won't bother asking (I don't like asking TOO much). FWIW, got all 3 for $5 at Best Buy (plus Frogger for PSP that I'm definitely keeping) using the $5 Reward Zone coupon that expires after Saturday.

got my metroid today! I was suprised that they only had 1 copy.. They "said" they had tetris, but I didn't see any

Dig Dug - Digging Strike for DS gets $18 trade-in credit. May be a good way to get some extra credit if you can nab this cheap.

If anyone has a ton of shitty games sitting around, and they are waiting for Gamerush to have a trade-in deal that may never happen, Gamestop is having a trade in 5 xbox / gc / ps2 get an extra $10 in credit.

Those 20 games I would have traded to GR provided they had deals and had stock on new stuff got me $80 in credit at GS, which landed me Beatmania and the strategy guide for the new Shadow Hearts game for free.

[quote name='gizmogc']Interesting. It really only boosts each games value by $2...but that means a $1.50 game now becomes a $3.50 game.[/QUOTE]

I figure alot of people, like io, have a ton of crappy CC fodder games sitting around, and Gamerush is taking forever to come up with some kind of trade-in deal.

It's also worth noting that there are no exclusions except no sports game older then 2005 and no wrestling games.

Wow, only $1.50 for Jade Empire LE?!?!? I thought that signaled a price drop on used copies thinking maybe I'd pick it up if it dropped to $6.99 or something. But I called and they're still selling it for $14.99.

That's pretty pathetic that they're only giving 1/10 of what they're selling it for used.

I wish I could find enough games to trade in for beatmania to GS.....

Whats this about these games on the cheap?
Genji, Geist, Operation Spy, and Galleon?

[quote name='Roufuss']I figure alot of people, like io, have a ton of crappy CC fodder games sitting around, and Gamerush is taking forever to come up with some kind of trade-in deal.

It's also worth noting that there are no exclusions except no sports game older then 2005 and no wrestling games.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't really have THAT much trade fodder (unless they take PS1 games which I assume they don't :D). I got rid of most of it at the eBay 10 cent listing day when GR didn't come through with a trade-in deal several weeks ago.

In general, that extra $2 would probably only make me break even on those games anyway (I'm figuring 50 to 75 cents + $2, but who knows).

I might be able to cobble together enough games to do 5 though - would be interesting to see what I get there. They are doing this at EB too, right?

[quote name='spamfree2']
Woo hoo.. I can finally get rid of Drake of the 99 Dragons (XBOX)..
[/quote]

:rofl: I have one of those too, but I was actually kind of saving it since it is one of the worst reviewed games ever. Maybe I can put up a little display, or shrine, or something.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']
I wish I could find enough games to trade in for beatmania to GS.....

Whats this about these games on the cheap?
Genji, Geist, Operation Spy, and Galleon?
[/quote]

Well, the 1st three are $9.99 at Best Buy, or $5 if you use the $5 Reward Zone coupon that expires today (Sat). Galleon was, I think, $5 at TRU last summer, but it might be $10 now, if you can find it.

I don't think I've seen this addressed but have any of you guys had their gamerush "lose" your preorder? Today, I tried to pickup my Kingdom hearts 2 preorder but they told me that they don't have that preorder info on their computer and then told me I needed to speak with a manager and fill out some paperwork to contact the main Blockbuster office so they can get a whole transaction history.

I thought it was quite odd but I did preorder it more than a year ago when they had their 1st preorder deals so I guess it could be forgiven that they dropped those ancient transactions. It was all for nothing anyway as they had no more copies of KH2 to sell anyway.

[quote name='NineH']I don't think I've seen this addressed but have any of you guys had their gamerush "lose" your preorder? Today, I tried to pickup my Kingdom hearts 2 preorder but they told me that they don't have that preorder info on their computer and then told me I needed to speak with a manager and fill out some paperwork to contact the main Blockbuster office so they can get a whole transaction history.

I thought it was quite odd but I did preorder it more than a year ago when they had their 1st preorder deals so I guess it could be forgiven that they dropped those ancient transactions. It was all for nothing anyway as they had no more copies of KH2 to sell anyway.[/QUOTE]

My KH II preorder was over a year old - I have FF XII and Zelda preorders that are probably even older though :D. I guess I better check on those.

I don't suppose you still have the receipt? (Of course they'd still have to pull your history to see if it was switched or cancelled). I make sure to keep mine (where I have them - which I don't for some of the ones switched by phone). However, one time they printed out my transaction history for me, and all the preorders from 3 months or before came out on the top of the receipt, then all my trades/purchases within the last 3 months. So unless someone manually cleared out your preorder it should still be in there. But that should show up as a transaction as well.

I got confirmation on the Apr 20th date for the new list of games today. Apparently this was in their weekly email. They weren't sure if that meant that's just when they get the list or if that is when the prices go into effect. It is odd because that's Thursday (and usually deals start Tuesday).

I was going to check on all those games I mentioned earlier but only ended up checking on one (Eye Toy Operation Spy - $6 trade-in, wish I had bought another Genji or Geist instead!). The reason I didn't bother with the others is that I took them to Gamecrazy instead. I had avoided GC for a year now because I was so insulted by their trade-in prices when I went in 1+ years ago (was quoted $1.xx for LOTR:TT when GR gave $7 or $8 for it). But, now, sad to say, they are competetive with GR on trade-ins, and, of course, kick GR's ass up down left and right when it comes to new game selection. I traded the following there:

PS2 Eye Toy Groove w/camera: $7.50 ($6 at GR)
PS2 Genji: $11.75 ($12 at GR?)
GC Geist: $16.36 ($8 at GR?)

giving me $35.61 on about $15 spent. Just perfect to get the New Super Mario Bros which GR hasn't even listed for preorder yet. Or perhaps I could get Metroid Prime Hunters (GC had multiple copies sitting there).

This was all WITHOUT an MVP card, which I would be tempted to get if I thought I'd trade there much more. Add $3.50 if you have the MVP (which costs $20 but you can get 1 year of Nintendo Power with it). However, I'm going to give the rumored GR trade-in deals a chance and see how that goes. If they don't come through I might shift over to GC trading on a more permanent basis and just save my existing GR credit for hardware.

Kudos to GR, though for not having the asshat membership "value/edge/whatever" card. I hate that crap - they better not implement that kind of stuff.

Still no Metroid Prime Hunters (but 5 are on order! :roll:). I didn't even bother asking about Odama.

[quote name='io']I didn't even bother asking about Odama.[/QUOTE] No Odama's 'round the UCF GameRush's.

I spent the evening exploring Orlando's GR's, CC's, and BB's finding stuff that would qualify for Rhino's trade-2-get-1 deal, and fortunately came out with enough for two games--$40+tax spent. I was also lucky enough to stumble upon a used wired 360 controller for $19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back