GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

[quote name='io']
Kudos to GR, though for not having the asshat membership "value/edge/whatever" card. I hate that crap - they better not implement that kind of stuff.
[/QUOTE]

Why?

I love my Gamestop card... 10% off all used games, and they frequently have coupons and stuff that give you an additional 10% every few months, along with other deals. Every once in awhile I'll use the additional 10% on trade-in's (like when I traded in my xbox headset / controllers).

The fact that Gamerush has no such value card or anything has stopped me from ever buying a used game there. Besides the fact they have a shitty used game return policy (only credit back even if you paid in cash?), I'd rather save an extra 10% going to Gamestop, and even there I'm guaranteed my money back within 7 days for any reason at all.

I wish they'd open a Gamecrazy here.

I will never bother with a GR trade-in deal again, espically if it's on preorders (for obvious reasons). The fact is, I had nothing to spend $102 in credit at Gamerush in over two weeks, but just yesterday I spent $80 in Gamestop credit in 3 minutes. It's fair to compare the same stores because, hey, isn't GR a "game store"?

[quote name='Roufuss']Why?

I love my Gamestop card... 10% off all used games, and they frequently have coupons and stuff that give you an additional 10% every few months, along with other deals. Every once in awhile I'll use the additional 10% on trade-in's (like when I traded in my xbox headset / controllers).

The fact that Gamerush has no such value card or anything has stopped me from ever buying a used game there. Besides the fact they have a shitty used game return policy (only credit back even if you paid in cash?), I'd rather save an extra 10% going to Gamestop, and even there I'm guaranteed my money back within 7 days for any reason at all.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting - the existance of value cards has often kept me from buying games from GS, EB, and GC. I've passed on many games because I feel like I'm getting the inflated non-member price, and since I buy used games so infrequently it has never really been worth it to buy memberships to all those places. GS is a total waste as far as I'm concerned - all I've ever bought there is GR trade-in fodder. But I've bought many used games from GR that I wouldn't normally buy because I have credit there and they USED to have such good used game deals.

EB I used to like a bit, because they had decent trade-in deals (which I could use to buy new games) - but no more :cry:.

I don't see myself turning to those stores too much in the future, but if GC can keep their trade-in prices like they are now and GR doesn't come out with more deals AND solve their distribution problem, they will probably get a bit more of my business. I still can't justify the $20 for a MVP card though :D.

If GR had a card like that, obviously I would have bought it. But I kind of figure they offer great trade-in prices without it. It wouldn't be so great, if, like those other stores, they lowered normal trade-ins to make up for the "bonus" the card provides.

But I'm with you, Roufuss, on the uselessness of a preorder deal. HOWEVER, this can be used to your advantage. If they come out with another, I may preorder a few copies of things like Disgaea 2, knowing full well they won't get it in. Then they are more likely to let you switch these to games that probably won't be included in the deal (like Xbox360, PS3, or Revo games) - especially after a few months go by. You have to think long term with GR (and hope they survive the long term!).

[quote name='io']My KH II preorder was over a year old - I have FF XII and Zelda preorders that are probably even older though :D. I guess I better check on those.

I don't suppose you still have the receipt? (Of course they'd still have to pull your history to see if it was switched or cancelled). I make sure to keep mine (where I have them - which I don't for some of the ones switched by phone). However, one time they printed out my transaction history for me, and all the preorders from 3 months or before came out on the top of the receipt, then all my trades/purchases within the last 3 months. So unless someone manually cleared out your preorder it should still be in there. But that should show up as a transaction as well.
[/QUOTE]

Since it was over a year old, my receipt is horribly faded so it didn't help me at all since you can barely read it. The gamerush guys then told me exactly what you said, that I could have switched/cancelled the preorder so it was a no go.

Of 4 preorders I have, 2 have gone missing likely due to when I originally preordered them (KH2 and FFX12) so when I get this straightened out, hopefully they can put some sort of note on the account because this does seem a bit of a hassle.

Tecmo Classic Arcade = $4.25 (I thought it'd be higher than that, oh well.)

Asked about Taiko Drum Master. The guy (who I've never seen before) said the computer showed 2 of them. I really didn't think there was another one. (just checked GameFAQs and nope there isn't)

He said part 2 got $24 something.

The other day, I asked at another GR about the free Sheep plush toy (Harvest Moon pre-order freebie). They had some, unlike the other GR, and the nice guy gave me one. I said I thought they were pink. (when I saw the pic of what the plush toy looked like on the internet, I thought it looked pink) Anyway, they probably thought I was on drugs or something. Pink Sheep. :) Told the guy at the store today about getting it for free and I'm like, there is a pink elephant in Animal Crossing though.

If anyone needs "The Guy Game" (PS2 or Xbox) or "Playboy: The Mansion" (Xbox), one of the GameRush stores here has tons of them. Not sure how hard it is to find elsewhere, but I didn't see either since the sale started and now suddenly they had plenty in stock.

I'd only charge actual cost + tax + S&H, so it would be about $24.50 for GG and about $13.50 for PB or I'd trade for something of equal value.

[quote name='NineH']Since it was over a year old, my receipt is horribly faded so it didn't help me at all since you can barely read it. The gamerush guys then told me exactly what you said, that I could have switched/cancelled the preorder so it was a no go.

Of 4 preorders I have, 2 have gone missing likely due to when I originally preordered them (KH2 and FFX12) so when I get this straightened out, hopefully they can put some sort of note on the account because this does seem a bit of a hassle.[/QUOTE]

twice a store has lost my preorder, once they had the $40 in credit because they canceled the game, it was on my account at the store, the other time it was not on my account, but GR has a general list of all preorders at the store they can print out and it was on that list, no idea why it was on one and not the other, have your store check that list, most GR don't have that many preorders in the first place

I bet he means with and without the drum...

[quote name='Green-Bull']Tecmo Classic Arcade = $4.25 (I thought it'd be higher than that, oh well.)

Asked about Taiko Drum Master. The guy (who I've never seen before) said the computer showed 2 of them. I really didn't think there was another one. (just checked GameFAQs and nope there isn't)

He said part 2 got $24 something.

The other day, I asked at another GR about the free Sheep plush toy (Harvest Moon pre-order freebie). They had some, unlike the other GR, and the nice guy gave me one. I said I thought they were pink. (when I saw the pic of what the plush toy looked like on the internet, I thought it looked pink) Anyway, they probably thought I was on drugs or something. Pink Sheep. :) Told the guy at the store today about getting it for free and I'm like, there is a pink elephant in Animal Crossing though.[/QUOTE]

I've never had ANY issues with my pre-orders. My store must be damn good. They even gave me a $20 credit when they never got my FULL AUTO faceplate....talk about great customer service.

Now, if they only stay around long enough for a PS3. No info, correct?

OP updated with all trade-in prices and clearance games that have been posted. (I might have missed a few skimming through all the posts, so just let me know if I missed anything. I'm sure I have.)

[quote name='NineH']Since it was over a year old, my receipt is horribly faded so it didn't help me at all since you can barely read it. The gamerush guys then told me exactly what you said, that I could have switched/cancelled the preorder so it was a no go.[/QUOTE]
I had a similar thing happen. For some reason, my pre-order of Mario Strikers 'disappeared', and the receipt was printed with one of their invisible ink printers. I thought I'd have issues. Mine turned out better, though - they had already sold their only copy and ended up just crediting my account $50. Considering I preordered on one of the deals, and the mistake was found during the '$50 games for $40' promotion, I ended up picking up Shaolin Monks shortly after release for a friend of mine. Between the two promotions overlapping and the buy-low-sell-high trade prices, I figure I spent about ten bucks for a $50 game - and my friend was pretty happy with his Christmas gift.

Since I got Oblivion, though, I haven't really stepped in a GameRush except for a Red Ninja trade or two. I have no idea how things are going in the South Orlando/Kissimmee stores. There isn't anything I really want (except maybe another 360 controller, but I'm hesitant to get a used one), and my only pending preorder is Twilight Princess. Maybe a new deal will get me back in the store.

Anyone know how much Darkwatch Xbox, Advent Rising Xbox, Tony Hawk Undergroud 2 PSP, and Sega Classic Collection PS2 will get me?

[quote name='buster90']Anyone know how much Darkwatch Xbox, Advent Rising Xbox, Tony Hawk Undergroud 2 PSP, and Sega Classic Collection PS2 will get me?[/QUOTE]

THUG 2 PSP is $18 as listed in the OP. Not sure on the rest of those, but I would assume not much since all three of those are part of the clearance sale.

On a side note, Wild Arms 4 finally dropped to $29.99 new at GameRush. All the PSP games that dropped to $29.99 new last week dropped to $24.99 used this week as well.

For shits and giggles, I'm having the DM call me so I can discuss their distribution problems. I will update if any substantive information results from it.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

If your store has gotten in either Tetris DS or Metroid Prime Hunters, if you could list your store number here or PM me (I think he said it was a 5-digit number) and (if you know) if it's a franchise or corporate store, I would greatly appreciate it.

He tells me that there's no global issue that he's aware of that would keep any games off the shelf, and wanted store numbers to look into how/when they got the games, etc. Essentially, GameRush is as in the dark as we expected about their operations.

Best part: "We don't even look at street dates; as soon as we get them in the stores, we just sell them." :rofl: If they were actually on time with distribution they'd violate a hell of a lot of retail codes.

^^^If it helps in any way, the GameRush I saw both Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters at was:

Blockbuster / GameRush
5050 34th St. South
Maximo
St. Peterburg, FL 33712
(727) 864-4434

Store: 92123

Last date I saw them both there was April 9. I bought something else that night so I have the receipt.

[quote name='GunstarRed']^^^If it helps in any way, the GameRush I saw both Tetris DS and Matroid Prime Hunters at was:

Blockbuster / GameRush
5050 34th St. South
Maximo
St. Peterburg, FL 33712
(727) 864-4434

Store: 92123

Last date I saw them both there was April 9. I bought something else that night so I have the receipt.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks!

PS2 Ghost in the shell still gets $19 (9.99 at TRU if you can find it)

PS2 Carmen Sandiego & the stolen drum gets $2.50 (I picked one up for $2.97 at Sears just in case it had Red Ninja-like powers at GR...alas, it was not to be!)

[quote name='dinovelvet']PS2 Carmen Sandiego & the stolen drum gets $2.50 (I picked one up for $2.97 at Sears just in case it had Red Ninja-like powers at GR...alas, it was not to be!)[/QUOTE]

I think someone in the sears thread mentioned that it gets somewhere around $15 or so at Gamecrazy.

[quote name='TimTucker']I think someone in the sears thread mentioned that it gets somewhere around $15 or so at Gamecrazy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that was over a month ago... Still, I might try this to build up my new GC credit stash. Carmen Sandiego was one of the very few games my Sears actually had as part of this "alleged" clearance sale :D. It was a total bust for everything else people keep claiming to get.

Damn, we need a stickied GC trade-in prices thread. These sorts of things are nearly impossible to figure out on your own. Now I'm thinking there's probably several games from the GR clearance that I could take over to GC and at least transfer my credit at break-even (if not gain a little). That would be very nice.

Trade-In Prices as of 4-17-06:

Xbox

Syberia-$1.50
MLB 2K5-$2.50
Counter-Strike-$7
Bard's Tale-$9.50
Max Payne 1-$1.25
Demon Stone-$12

PS2

Nano Breaker-$6
Genji-$12

Gretzky 06-$12 a few days ago

They would not take my complete Taiko Drum Master for some reason.

would it be wrong if like one of the gamerush employees would do a search in the system every week and dig up some of the highest trade value games?

And posted them here in this thread ..I supose we dont have someone great enough to do that so we can marvel in there glory.

[quote name='Skelah']would it be wrong if like one of the gamerush employees would do a search in the system every week and dig up some of the highest trade value games?

And posted them here in this thread ..I supose we dont have someone great enough to do that so we can marvel in there glory.[/QUOTE]
You mean someone who wouldn't mind getting fired ;) I would be surprised if their system really made that sort of search possible.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Anyone got a price quote for True Crime New York? (It can be had for $10 at Best buy this week)[/QUOTE]

You'll get less than $10 for it. GR sells it new for $20 and used for $15.

I tried to get Tiger Woods 06 today but they said it wasn't on the clearance list and it was still 29.99

[quote name='Hush']I tried to get Tiger Woods 06 today but they said it wasn't on the clearance list and it was still 29.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've only seen the Xbox version with the half-off stickers.

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

These are just the highlights that I saw from the games that were available at the GR I went to:

GBA:
Castlevania Classic NES $5
Donkey Kong Country 2 $15
Mario Party Advance $15
Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue $6.50
Mega Man Battle Network 3 White $7.50
Most of the GBA Videos that were left $6.50

DS:
Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire $10
Polarium $15
Ridge Racer DS $15
Texas Hold 'Em Poker $10

Gamecube:
Baten Kaitos $15
Incredibles $10
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes $10
Mortal Kombat Deception $10
Polar Express $7.50
Scooby Doo Unmasked $10

PS2:
EyeToy: Kinetic $25
FIFA Street $10
Hot Shots Golf Fore! $10
Incredibles $10
Jet Li Rise To Honor $10
Lord Of The Rings: Third Age $10
Mega Man Collection $10
Mortal Kombat Dark Alliance $10
Mortal Kombat Deception $10
Sly Cooper & Theivious Racoonus $10
SSX On Tour $15
Ys: Ark Of Napishtim $20

PSP:
FIFA $15
FIFA 06 $25
Ridge Racer $20

Xbox:
Area 51 $10
Batman Begins $10
Blinx 2 $10
Dead Or Alive Ultimate $10
Fantastic Four $10
Lord Of The Rings: Third Age $10
Men Of Valor $5
Ninja Gaiden $15
Project Gotham Racing 2 $5
Scooby Doo Unmasked $10
SSX On Tour $15
World Poker Tour $10

Accessories:
Justice League Controllers (PS2/GCN) $10
PSP USB Cable $5

[quote name='Skelah']would it be wrong if like one of the gamerush employees would do a search in the system every week and dig up some of the highest trade value games?

And posted them here in this thread ..I supose we dont have someone great enough to do that so we can marvel in there glory.[/quote]

Yeah, someone could just try to get a job there for the sole purpose of looking up games until they get fired.:D

Has anyone seen a Mariokart DS bundle at their store? The manager at my store doesnt know when they will get one in, but if I can tell them a store that has some in stock, they could have it mailed over. Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide some information.

Sorry okay, I guess this list is amazing, I gave it a second look and Donkey Kong Country 2 would be nice to get. All the really amazing stuff looks like they're on the other platforms, only got GCN and GBA! :)

[quote name='shipwreck']You guys were supposed to tell me this was the most amazing list ever. I hate you guys.[/QUOTE]

Well, there is a copy of Y's that I've been eyeing for a while. If this is the list, then I'm getting that for sure - so there's one amazing deal on there in any case :D

But that was hardly 300 additional items :D. There is so much more that they could clearance out if they really want to make space/reduce new game section. I was hoping for Death Jr and Ape Escape for the PSP, and countless other PS2 and GC titles.

I mean, damn them for clearancing out the relatively recent SSX on Tour (which I got for $30 with the preorder deal!) but not 100's of other games that came out before that.

It was kind of surprising to see how little product was actually left on the shelves once all these games were pulled. Like everyone else, I wish some other games that have been sitting there forever were on the list, but I guess we'll just have to wait to see if those are clearanced out in the future. We all know those four copies of Suikoden IV in every GR aren't going anywhere.

Only 3 games catch my eyes ;)

Incredibles (GC/PS2) $10
Scooby Doo Unmasked (GC)$10
Blinx 2 (XBOX) $10 **Surely i'll get this one no matter**

Thanks for the list.

Remember folks... he said these are the highlights... plus, each store gets a list based on what they have in inventory... right?

I went to a few stores during the first wave of discounts and they each had different games in the bins.

[quote name='shipwreck']Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

These are just the highlights that I saw from the games that were available at the GR I went to:
[/QUOTE]

Set myself up for disappointment and forgot to do what I went to do anyway...

No Metroid, no Tetris, no Odama (which does have a 5/5 release date in their system now, io). I planned on preordering Lost Magic (not that they will get it) but forgot since I was frustrated; I'll call tomorrow when they supposedly get their shipment in and see if they have any on order or if I will need to preorder it to make sure they get it.

io, did they give you any hassle when you switched a preorder over the phone? I think I still have a preorder sitting out there that they never got and would switch if they would do that without having to drive back over.

I think I will call my good friend the DM again tomorrow, see if he has checked up on any of those stores that have gotten their games yet.

I got the following trade values today (04/18/06):

XBox Gungriffon: Allied Assault $24
GameCube Road Trip $24

I assume that means they're both good for another week.

BB/GR at 122nd and May
in Okla City
got in one copy of Tetris DS today and one copy of MP Hunters for DS. Manager called me to tell me my tetris was in

[quote name='botticus']
io, did they give you any hassle when you switched a preorder over the phone? I think I still have a preorder sitting out there that they never got and would switch if they would do that without having to drive back over.

I think I will call my good friend the DM again tomorrow, see if he has checked up on any of those stores that have gotten their games yet.[/QUOTE]

No problems if I get the right person. But I know who to ask and who not to... It's just a matter of who knows how to do it really. The only problem is you don't get a receipt. I just make sure to check next time I'm in to see if they see the change in the system, then I write that on my old receipt.

They used to be really touchy about switching preorders, but they are better about it since all the temporarily and permanently delayed deliveries (I was goiing to say cancellations but since they never actually cancel them that isn't the case). I'm just wondering how it is going to go next time I switch a $35 or $40 preorder (obtained with the $30 deal of course) to a $50 game. The last time I did that it was Suikoden Tactics to Suikoden V and that was purely my choice (they actually got Tactics in). Of course, it turns out Suikoden V only ended up being $40, but at the time it was listed at $50, and if the manager had done it, he would have made me pay the $10 difference - then I would have been really pissed when it came out.

Right now I have a $35, a $40, and a $50 preorder for games they never got. I've been waiting for them to add New Super Mario Bros. DS so I can switch that $35 one.

Did anyone see Brain Age at their GR today? It was in the preorder system but I didn't bother. I figure they would either get it or not independent of my order, so I'll just nab it if it comes in.

I was also going to see if they got Mage Knight or Lost Magic in, but it looks like both of those got bumped back recently. Lost Magic is next week, and Mage Knight is not till June. By the way, it is VERY hard to find info on Mage Knight. EB/GS and metacritic don't even list it. IGN says it's release date is "Spring 2006". The ONLY place I saw it was, of all places, walmart.com where it says June 17th. Meh, GR probably won't get either in anyway.

Looks to be the end of Game Rush. They of course will still have a large amount of used games, but don't expect them to carry any new ones. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back