GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

You can add Goldeneye Rogue Agent for Gamecube to the list. Picked it up yesterday for $10 (with discount sticker). Also snagged Area 51 for $10. Thanks again OP for keeping us up to date.

FFXI (X360) is in at GR. I also saw Tetris and Metroid at the location I went to.

Trade In Price:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (360) $35

Going to have to trade this one in soon.

Has anyone traded in Madden or Kameo for the 360 RECENTLY? Just wondering if the prices are holding up.

What are the odds we get a PS3 pre-order after E3?

[quote name='Skelah']would it be wrong if like one of the gamerush employees would do a search in the system every week and dig up some of the highest trade value games?

And posted them here in this thread ..I supose we dont have someone great enough to do that so we can marvel in there glory.[/quote]

Okay, I'm seriously thinking about turning in an application at BB just to compile a giant trade in price list. What would be the best way to get a list though? Should I print off the barcodes from an online source of all Xbox and PS2 games on bunch of pieces of paper for quick scanning at BB when I have a couple of extra minutes? I know this is pathetic, but any input on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks.

just picked up a new Logitech Wireless XBOX control for $17.50, don't know if it was added cause I never tried to buy it before. It goes for $40 everywhere else.

And auto modellista for Gamecube is still holding strong at $19

I just got back from GameRush in Blue Springs, MO. I picked up Eternal Darkness and Men of Valor, each $5 new after discount.

But here is my big news: The guys at my GR are actually very helpful. It's a better experience than any other store to buy games. Me and my friends are regulars, and the GR guys are usually quite willing to let us in on good deals on trades (Heh, one employee let me in on the Red Ninja info, just to hear that I was already in the know, lol). Sometimes they just give us the preorder goodies or display posters. Anyhoo, I asked him about future deals. He confirmed the 75% discount on Memorial Day weekend, but he also said there is a lot of talk about an extra $5 per trade, NO EXCEPTIONS. Obviously, I asked about sports titles. He said the only thing possibly excluded would be sports titles before '04 and "Whirl Tour-something." In addition, the manager said to expect some percent off the used games again, probably around 25% off. I said that was kinda weak, but he was quick to say that X360 used games would probably be included as well, and all used hardware and accessories. Again, this is just speculation (nothing was for sure), but they all sounded quite probable.

Anyhoo, thanks CAG.

Sweet... I am now waiting for the pre-played games "sale." I've been eyeing Death Jr. and Donkey Konga for a little while now. 25% off is not great, per se, but it is something!

Extra $5.00 per trade... Maybe I'll end up trading in my still sealed TRU fodder in hopes that I actually break even from that debacle... But, it sounds too good to be true since they will be offering pre-played games at 25% off but also taking another hit by giving up another $5.00 per trade.

Or will these offers not co-exist at the same time? I can see the 25% off happening first to get rid of stock then the offer of $5.00 bonus per game to restock and selling those games at the "regular/non-sale" pre-played price.

[quote name='mattcube64'] I asked him about future deals. He confirmed the 75% discount on Memorial Day weekend, but he also said there is a lot of talk about an extra $5 per trade, NO EXCEPTIONS. Obviously, I asked about sports titles. He said the only thing possibly excluded would be sports titles before '04 and "Whirl Tour-something."[/QUOTE]

Sure he didn't mention Freestyle Street Soccer (that was always the 1 specific exception)?

Well OF COURSE this news comes the day after I take 5 trade fodder games and get just $19 for them at EB :D. I was going to take another 5 in tomorrow but now I'm not so sure any more. Plus I was going to dump the rest at Gamecrazy, and now I think maybe I'll hold off on that. The $5 bonus at BB/GR is just too good of a deal... So even if there's just a chance of that coming back I'm willing to hold on to most of it. Hell, I'll probably do one more 5 game trade at EB, since at least 1 of the games I have won't even be as much at GR with $5 extra (Rise of Kasai). So I'd probably only lose a few $$ vs waiting for a *possible* $5 extra at GR. And of course, EB credit is slightly more valuable since I can buy those obscure limited-release DS titles like Metroid Prime Hunters there :roll:.

The good news is that I will probably be traveling somewhere with some good CC's to hit up for trade fodder the week before Memorial Day. So here's to hoping those copies of things like Terminator 3 and Rogue Ops stay unpurchased :D. And hopefully we'll know for sure then if the such a trade-in deal is a go. It makes a big difference, though, if they throw in the "must sell for $7.99 or more" restriction that they had before (but that wasn't on the extra $5 deal). Even if the guys at your GR know about that deal coming, they can't be sure, at this point, what the restriction list would be as it could be modified.

scrapdawg02 - What was the TRU fodder debacle of which you speak? It seems everyone on CAG found wonderful things at TRU ('cept me of course, though even 2 weeks late, I made out with some decent GR trade-in games like Romance X and Flatout).

[quote name='io']scrapdawg02 - What was the TRU fodder debacle of which you speak? It seems everyone on CAG found wonderful things at TRU ('cept me of course, though even 2 weeks late, I made out with some decent GR trade-in games like Romance X and Flatout).[/quote]

I was speaking of the debacle for my own personal experience. I know many CAGers were able to score a good cache of games. The only games I found worth keeping were Resident Evil 4, Tekken 5 and Winning Eleven 8.

I ended up having several games hoping I could trade them with fellow CAGers. They include Alien Hominid, A Bard's Tale, Midway Arcade Treasures 3, Death By Degrees, Killer 7, Dragon Ball Z Sagas, and Pitiful Joe 2. I was about to return them to TRU but I ended up keeping the games past the 30 day return policy. :bomb:

I still have them on my trade list that no one looks at but with the speculatory extra $5.00 per game trade-in offer at GR I may just break even with the credit+5 for each game and be content with that. :lol: I have a good stash of GR credit I am just waiting to unload on Playstation 3, Games, Accessories, and Blu-Ray DVDs...

May Blockbuster/Gamerush live on til PS3 launch!!! :applause:

Last week I saw some Xbox Live Starter Kits as part of the 50% off clearance at $35, anyone else see that? If so, what game was included? Also, anyone been able to snag that Activision Anthology game for GBA? Thanks.

[quote name='nakanenui']anyone trade in kingdom hearts 2 yet?[/quote]
Anybody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I saw the trade-in price written on the dry erase board at BB for $32

I would gladly print out a trade list for you guys but too bad there is no function in the system that allows us to do that, only regular prices but not trade values.

Nice idea though!

[quote name='JaysonR']I would gladly print out a trade list for you guys but too bad there is no function in the system that allows us to do that, only regular prices but not trade values.

Nice idea though![/QUOTE]

Well, clearly you are going to have to stay after closing one of these days and go through the entire list of games one by one and write down anything that trades for more than $10. Then you can help open the next day! Your manager will be so proud.

Seriously, though, if you can get a list of regular prices that might be useful - most games that sell for $40+ used will have decent trade-in value, right? Or can you only list new game prices (that might help too but they might not have nearly as many games listed there)?

But all we really need from you is advance notice of any trade-in deals! :D

who knows more trade in values than a gamerush worker? nobody wodulnt be to hard to have a pad of paper by you and jot down anything that trades in over 18 dollars that isnt a new game.
:whistle2:#

Alternately, if a list of anything selling for ~$35+ were posted here, it shouldn't take long to have a few people around here ask at various stores to find what the older items on the list are getting in trade-in.

Main thing to keep in mind is that it'd need to be a list of all prices, not just what's in stock -- not sure whether or not the systems will do that or not.

I went to my local GR today and wanted to trade in Perfect Dark Zero for the 360, and the computer system wouldn' t take thje trade. The clerk said since the game wouldn' t scan they couldn' t give me the 28.50 the system said it was worth in trade. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me. Anybody else run into this problem? I wanted COD2 so I went to Gamestop to trade PD0 and they only gave me 11.00, which really sucked.

BTW I asked the manager why the system would scan the game to gaive the amolunt of trade in credit, but not allow the credit to process. He didn' t know, useless.

[quote name='-Phantom-']Mario Golf: Advance Tour was marked $24.99 with the 50% off sticker on it too![/QUOTE]
I figured it would be, after I just bought that off a CAG. But I got a good price, so probably wouldn't have been good use of my credit to save a few bucks.

Awesome, I was able to snag some stuff I've been wanting for a while at killer prices.
Metroid Zero Mission - $10
Activision Anthology* - $5
PS2 Ryu Controller - $5​

Want to go back for:
Eyetoy Antigrav w/Camera* - $10
Xbox Live Starter Kit w/ Mech Assault* - $35 (Anyone know if the Crimson Skies/PGR2 kits are also on sale?)
Project Snowblind - $5​
*Also has $5 PGrabber rebate.

Also saw they had Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for $20 before 50% off but I'm not sure if that's a mis-tag.

So, has anyone seen Brain Age for the DS at their GR? Wondering if I need to pick this up at EB or GC.

[quote name='io']So, has anyone seen Brain Age for the DS at their GR? Wondering if I need to pick this up at EB or GC.[/QUOTE]
Would have checked, but it was a busy night, didn't even bother checking on Odama yet. But I got Metroid, so the saga has finally ended. Their used price sucks, or I would have just cancelled the preorder and bought that one (the DM had a new and used shipped over to my store)... 29.99 as opposed to the 24.99 everyone usually prices 34.99 games at. But, if the 25% off used actually starts up in the next couple weeks, I will just keep my Metroid sealed and return it (incurring their wrath) and get the used copy for 24.99.

I saw Metroid Prime Hunters and Tetris DS at the UCF Blockbuster/GameRush, for the Orlando folk. I think only one copy each. I'm considering finding something to trade in for it, since I'm out of credit and want a "discount."

My usual clerk was moving stuff around the plastic bins with the 50% off games, so I thought that maybe he could tell me what newly discounted games the store had. "Any additions?" He indicated not, but the way he said it seemed like he wasn't aware that there should have been.

[quote name='botticus']Would have checked, but it was a busy night, didn't even bother checking on Odama yet. But I got Metroid, so the saga has finally ended. Their used price sucks, or I would have just cancelled the preorder and bought that one (the DM had a new and used shipped over to my store)... 29.99 as opposed to the 24.99 everyone usually prices 34.99 games at. But, if the 25% off used actually starts up in the next couple weeks, I will just keep my Metroid sealed and return it (incurring their wrath) and get the used copy for 24.99.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wish they'd do something like that for me, but it won't happen (mostly 'cause there aren't any other stores within 100's of miles). I just called and neither Metroid nor Brain Age are in - saves me a trip (though I am going to be near there anyway tonight and was hoping...).

[quote name='Masterkyo']If you wanted to play Ninja Gaiden Triology you got to get Regular version. You must get Ninja Gaiden Back If you wanted Hurrican Pack 1/2, Easy mode, and Ninja arcade game.[/QUOTE]

Awww fuck I need to get Black for the arcade game?! Ugh. Did the arcade game have any bosses?
Also ship what does field destroyed mean? And is the charger part of the list or not? I know it's not technically listed but I thought I saw it. Maybe I saw the battery though.

Saw some GBA games that were 50% off.

Pokemon Fire Red = 17.49
Mario Party = 14.99
Castelvania = 4.99
Mega Man Zero 3 = 14.99
Mario Golf = (forgot)

A little off topic - but consider it a prize for loyal GR thread users

i have standees (5 feet tall) for Fable and Devil May Cry 3

i am willing to give them to a significant contributor to this thread who lives in the los angeles area, is not a jerk and is willing to pick them up for personal use

[quote name='andrew333']A little off topic - but consider it a prize for loyal GR thread users

i am willing to give them to a significant contributor to this thread who lives in the los angeles area, is not a jerk and is willing to pick them up for personal use[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Probably not many of us meet all those requirements :D

[quote name='andrew333']A little off topic - but consider it a prize for loyal GR thread users

i am willing to give them to a significant contributor to this thread who lives in the los angeles area, is not a jerk and is willing to pick them up for personal use[/QUOTE]

That sounds interesting. The DMC 3 standee would be awesome to have. What would you consider a significant contributor though....?

i am willing to give them to a significant contributor to this thread who lives in the los angeles area, is not a jerk and is willing to pick them up for personal use[/quote]

where about specifically in the los angeles area? I'd be interested in the Fable one....

[quote name='Zon27']That sounds interesting. The DMC 3 standee would be awesome to have. What would you consider a significant contributor though....?[/QUOTE]

if you want the dmc one, you can have it

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']where about specifically in the los angeles area? I'd be interested in the Fable one....[/QUOTE]

in the LA area means the lucky recipient would have to pick it up from my home very, very soon

[quote name='Americanpierg']do u know if u can a preorder a ps3 at multiple gamerush stores?[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, has there been some big news I haven't heard? :D
If not, you can't order them at even one GR store yet. But if you mean do you think you will be able to, then probably - didn't some people do this with 360's? I've never preordered consoles there.

[quote name='doubledown']Are PS3's even AVALIABLE for pre-order?[/quote]

Nope... the last time I heard of PS3 pre-order news is a CSR at my local GR telling me as soon as a launch date is announced he will go ahead with the pre-orders. I'm not sure if this will apply to all GR stores but what is the point of pre-ordering multiple systems? It's to increase the chance that you'll actually get a system on launch date, right???

May Blockbuster/Gamerush live on til PS3 launch! :applause:

[quote name='scrapdawg02']I'm not sure if this will apply to all GR stores but what is the point of pre-ordering multiple systems? It's to increase the chance that you'll actually get a system on launch date, right???[/QUOTE]

Either that or ordering multiple systems with the hope that there'll be a major shortage that would allow for selling them on Ebay at highly inflated prices...

[quote name='scrapdawg02']May Blockbuster/Gamerush live on til PS3 launch! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. Well, atleast not in its current state. Expect a very much downsized GR in the coming months.

[quote name='gizmogc']Doubtful. Well, atleast not in its current state. Expect a very much downsized GR in the coming months.[/QUOTE]
Does BB still rent out systems? If they do, just rent a PS3/Rev and then keep it for the used price ;)

[quote name='botticus']Does BB still rent out systems? If they do, just rent a PS3/Rev and then keep it for the used price ;)[/QUOTE]

Not in the past 8-10 years.

[quote name='andrew333']in the LA area means the lucky recipient would have to pick it up from my home very, very soon[/quote]

well are you actually in the city of LA?

[quote name='TimTucker']Either that or ordering multiple systems with the hope that there'll be a major shortage that would allow for selling them on Ebay at highly inflated prices...[/quote]

lol theres no hoping...its an economic fact that they well sell for more on ebay, even if 50% of them are distributed through the auction site.

people complain about the launch price of $600 is TOO much for a console...but when u look at it, even if sony released it at 600, theyd still sell all units, if they released it at 400, thered be a MAJOR shortage and a aftermarket on ebay, the only way to get rid of the ebay effect is to release it at around $1000 a console, in which supply would meet demand, but luckily for everyone, sony wont do such a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back