Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='io']Hey, I know this will really cheese off TG, but does anyone have any good ideas for games in the upcoming CC $10 sale that are good for trade-in at GR? Project Snowblind, THUG 2? [/QUOTE]

i was wondering this same thing...

I'm guessing Snowblind gets about $10-14 credit since I saw it on sale for either 24.99 or 26.99 used at GR. Here are some other games that might be worth something at GR: Nano Breaker, Baten Katitos, Street Racing Syndicate, Shellshock and Prince of Persia 2. I went to CC today and picked up the last Baten Kaitos, and I hope they let me pm the 9.99 price when the sale goes live. I may pick up a couple more from the ones I listed above since $10 isn't that much to try out those games, and I could probably get some decent credit if I don't like them. Also I saw that KOF and Druuga are on the CC list, does anyone know if they still fetch a good amount of GR credit?

:( thread is basically dead, for now at least. spending $50 for games just utterly sucks. and yes, i love to complan and bitch.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I'm guessing Snowblind gets about $10-14 credit since I saw it on sale for either 24.99 or 26.99 used at GR. Here are some other games that might be worth something at GR: Nano Breaker, Baten Katitos, Street Racing Syndicate, Shellshock and Prince of Persia 2. I went to CC today and picked up the last Baten Kaitos, and I hope they let me pm the 9.99 price when the sale goes live. I may pick up a couple more from the ones I listed above since $10 isn't that much to try out those games, and I could probably get some decent credit if I don't like them. Also I saw that KOF and Druuga are on the CC list, does anyone know if they still fetch a good amount of GR credit?[/QUOTE]

Street racing syndicate (Xbox) got me $12.50...it sells for 9.99 at EB

[quote name='aaa']:( thread is basically dead, for now at least. spending $50 for games just utterly sucks. and yes, i love to complan and bitch.[/QUOTE]

It's not totally dead... some BB's are still honoring the Trade 3 for $5 PO. YMMV.

[quote name='sabin23']It's not totally dead... some BB's are still honoring the Trade 3 for $5 PO. YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Though that may be true (and highly YMMV), aaa has a point. Is this thread truly sticky worthy anymore?

Personally, I'd like to see it unstickied until some new deals (hopefully trade-in deals) come along. Then when I see it re-stickied later, I know there's some big Game Rush news to tune back into.

Not that I'm strongly advocating this. It's not that big a deal. I'm just stating a preference. IMO, this thread no longer warrants a sticky at the moment, but that's just me.

-DM

[quote name='D. Monic']Though that may be true (and highly YMMV), aaa has a point. Is this thread truly sticky worthy anymore?

Personally, I'd like to see it unstickied until some new deals (hopefully trade-in deals) come along. Then when I see it re-stickied later, I know there's some big Game Rush news to tune back into.

Not that I'm strongly advocating this. It's not that big a deal. I'm just stating a preference. IMO, this thread no longer warrants a sticky at the moment, but that's just me.

-DM[/QUOTE]

They still have buy 2 get 1 free and some other hot stuff. Why does everyone have to whine that the most awesome deal is off at the moment? All of a sudden it's the end of the world as we know it?

[quote name='Zon27']They still have buy 2 get 1 free and some other hot stuff. Why does everyone have to whine that the most awesome deal is off at the moment? All of a sudden it's the end of the world as we know it?[/QUOTE]

Seriously, that's still a great deal. I just got today X-Men Legends, Amped 2 and Burnout 3 for $35 total (in credit, even). They also have the cheapest games for the Nintendo stuff that qualifies for the 50% off.

[quote name='Zon27']They still have buy 2 get 1 free and some other hot stuff. Why does everyone have to whine that the most awesome deal is off at the moment? All of a sudden it's the end of the world as we know it?[/QUOTE]

Buy 2 get 1 free seems like a hot deal, but since the hot deals ended, people stopped trading in there, so new games aren't even hitting the shelves.

None of those 40 dollar Echo Night Beyond or Nightmare of Druaga used copies aren't very appealing, and the rest of the games are either too expensive for what they are, or are just game only with no manual / case.

They do have good used prices on DS games, I'll give them that much, but I'm sick of seeing Sprung, Urbz, Asphalt, and Mario 64 rotting away on the shelves. With no advertising at all now, and no reason to spread them through word of mouth, Gamerush needs to bring SOMETHING back, and soon.

Yeah, the buy 2 get 1 free is a good deal, but we have tons of good deals right here on the front page that are not stickied...Might as well sticky all 50 of them?

They have a new deal now where if you buy 5 $14.99 or under games, you get another 5 for free. I'd imaging the 5 lowest priced games would be the free ones. So if you can find 10 games that are the same prices (i.e. all $6.99) then it's like BOGO.

[quote name='davelin']They have a new deal now where if you buy 5 $14.99 or under games, you get another 5 for free. I'd imaging the 5 lowest priced games would be the free ones. So if you can find 10 games that are the same prices (i.e. all $6.99) then it's like BOGO.[/QUOTE]

According to the employee I talked to today, this deal starts Tuesday and it will actually be buy three get five free. He was kind of laughing because they already printed up flyers with buy 5 get 5, but he said they had changed their mind and it will be 8 for the price of 3!

[quote name='Backlash']According to the employee I talked to today, this deal starts Tuesday and it will actually be buy three get five free. He was kind of laughing because they already printed up flyers with buy 5 get 5, but he said they had changed their mind and it will be 8 for the price of 3![/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like Gamerush is trying to clear out all their crap.

Buy 3 get 5 free is a great way to do that.

[quote name='Backlash']According to the employee I talked to today, this deal starts Tuesday and it will actually be buy three get five free. He was kind of laughing because they already printed up flyers with buy 5 get 5, but he said they had changed their mind and it will be 8 for the price of 3![/QUOTE]

Are you guys serious? If yes, then this deal is hot sauce!

[quote name='Roufuss']Buy 2 get 1 free seems like a hot deal, but since the hot deals ended, people stopped trading in there, so new games aren't even hitting the shelves.

None of those 40 dollar Echo Night Beyond or Nightmare of Druaga used copies aren't very appealing, and the rest of the games are either too expensive for what they are, or are just game only with no manual / case.

They do have good used prices on DS games, I'll give them that much, but I'm sick of seeing Sprung, Urbz, Asphalt, and Mario 64 rotting away on the shelves. With no advertising at all now, and no reason to spread them through word of mouth, Gamerush needs to bring SOMETHING back, and soon.[/QUOTE]

Made me laugh...

People are still trading games in and life will continue as normal for us... the only ones hurting are the people who was ripping them off.

I'll even mention what was on the shelf this morning:

PSP - Hot Shots Golf
PSP - Darkstalkers Chronicle

DS - Yoshi Touch & Go

I will agree with you on one thing... DS games must not be very good - the racks are packed with them.

I would like for that Trade in 3, get an extra $5 per game. Or even Trade 3, get a pre-order for $29.99. Cause I have 5 Games I want to trade and I want to get NCAA.

I'll still be shopping at Gamerush even if they don't bring back a killer deal. Main reason is that employees are much nicer, and it also helps that they offer better credit than GS/EB. The only thing that drags me away from GR is that it's been easier to find a rare title at EB/GS than GR.

Also I was able to switch some of my games to 360 games. I didn't have to pay a single cent extra, which I found suprising. The last 7 360 games I got for around $32 each, and these are games that will probably retail for 59.99 each. I would like to see any other game store top that. That's enough to secure my business for almost as long as I'm into gaming.

That $14.99 deal sounds great. Does anyone know of some good games that they are selling for 14.99 or less?

I overheard Virgil at the riverside store say something about the JULY 4th promotion, something about buying 5 games and getting 5 free games. It was hard to hear, but he said that they were 19.99 or under games or something like that. He also said the trade in 2 and get a game for 29.99 won't start to late July.

[quote name='dmode249']I overheard Virgil at the riverside store say something about the JULY 4th promotion, something about buying 5 games and getting 5 free games. It was hard to hear, but he said that they were 19.99 or under games or something like that. He also said the trade in 2 and get a game for 29.99 won't start to late July.[/QUOTE]

So what's stopping people from buying 5 6.99 games, getting 5 for free, and then just trading them back to Gamerush for the 2 for 29.99 in July?

[quote name='Roufuss']So what's stopping people from buying 5 6.99 games, getting 5 for free, and then just trading them back to Gamerush for the 2 for 29.99 in July?[/QUOTE]
Probably will be an exclusion list or a sale price minimum.

So what's stopping people from buying 5 6.99 games, getting 5 for free, and then just trading them back to Gamerush for the 2 for 29.99 in July?
Yea, I gotta see what kind of restriction they are going to impose on this deal.

buy 3 14.99 games and get 5 games of equal or lesser value free???? if thats the case, i could think of some games that i wouldn't mind picking it up. can anyone confirm what the exact price is of this deal??

[quote name='rafissaying']buy 3 14.99 games and get 5 games of equal or lesser value free???? if thats the case, i could think of some games that i wouldn't mind picking it up. can anyone confirm what the exact price is of this deal??[/QUOTE]

That does actually have me interested. b5g5f would be nice, b3g5f would be great on $14.99 or less games. My stores have lots of interesting games around this pricepoint that i've never played yet.

Hopefully we will get a confirmation on the date and be able to go in early and hide our booty.

Just to add to what was already mentioned - I was told last Monday when I was in a Lafayette, IN GR that the deal would be purchase 5 games $14.99 and under and receive 5 games ($14.99 and under) free.

I def. like B3G5...

The idea of dropping $75 for B5G5 is kinda steep for me being a poor-ass college student.

Granted there are plenty of quality games under the $14.99 mark, but I guess we'll see soon enough when the deal is officially announced.

hmm i still have a little credit left, and if i can buy 3 $15 games for $45, then get 5 more free, that would be sweet. I think some good gba games are 14.99 like golden sun. this could be interesting.

What it sounds like is they are trying to clear out some crap for when their own pox list starts...but hey, that's all fine for me...I have some credit left and there are lots of sweet games around the price point that I'm interested in.

[quote name='dracula']hmm i still have a little credit left, and if i can buy 3 $15 games for $45, then get 5 more free, that would be sweet. I think some good gba games are 14.99 like golden sun. this could be interesting.[/QUOTE]

GBA was the first thing that came to my mind, and for GC i think RE and RE:Z are 14.99 used. Also i wanna eventually get Luigis Mansion and a couple others since i just got a GC a couple months ago and haven't played hardly and older titles yet.

this deal is getting me all excited to pick up some games. i could think of a hand full already off the top of my head that i would want to pick up. (i.e. metroid prime, resident evil, arc the lad, amped 2, tony hawk, and so many more) this has me thinking if i should cancel a preorder to get some credit for these games. hmmm....

Panzer Dragoon Orta, RE & RE0, Riddick, Silent Hill 2 (xbox), Rallisport Challenge 1, Top Spin, and maybe pick up Crimson Skies for my brother...for $45, yep, this is a deal that definately appeals to me. I just wish I'd known about it yesterday before picking up 3 games.

I just want to reiterate that I don't work at Gamerush, but that a GR employee told me it would be buy 3 get 5 free. Hopefully he wasn't full of crap and we're not getting all excited for nothing. We'll find out soon I guess.

I hope this deal is true because there's one local Gamerush that has a few 'niche' games in stock including RAD & Lupin for PS2; It would be cool to pick up those and maybe some of the good Sony platformers (Jak/Rachet & Clank) on the cheap

Just some math here:

Buy 5 @$12.99, get 5 free=$6.50 a game + tax (total= $7 a piece in cali); Grand total will be something like 64.95+tax, $69.98 for me

Buy 5 @14.99, get 5 free=$7.50 a game + tax (total=$8.08 a piece in cali);grand total will be somethin like 74.95+tax, $80.75 for me

Doesn't this look like a bunch of money to spend though? :)

I hope this calculation does some help for someone...:) Happy hunting guys...
Oh yeah...if this works out some 12.99 titles i'm goin after are transformers(PS2) and Onimusha 3(ps2). Any other suggestions?

Supposedly June 28 - in two days. That's what the guy told me, anyway.

On the other hand, I asked him if they had Symphony of the Night in stock when I went in there, and he didn't know what I was talking about. I had to tell him it was Castlevania, and then he asked whether it was for the PS2 or PS1.

I just got back from Gamerush and I have the official flyer in my hand. It goes from june 28 till July 4 and the deal is buy 5 get 5 free on all previously played games 14.99 and less. Also, all new Nintendo software and accessories (gamecube, gba, ds) will be an additional 30% off. They are also running the free super mario 64 with DS purchase deal. Oh, and another one - Starting June 28 all preowned accessories are 50% off. Hope this helps!

[quote name='Dustin Echoes'] Also, all new Nintendo software and accessories (gamecube, gba, ds) will be an additional 30% off. ![/QUOTE]

Is this for select titles only, or ALL Nintendo titles?

I'd love to get Meteos at 30% off.

Shit, that would put any new DS game priced at 29.99 right at 21 dollars.

[quote name='Roufuss']Is this for select titles only, or ALL Nintendo titles?

I'd love to get Meteos at 30% off.

Shit, that would put any new DS game priced at 29.99 right at 21 dollars.[/QUOTE]

The flyer says for all, but it only lasts one week (4th of July sale). What makes me curious is that you know how some select Nintendo titles are 50% off? Well, would that mean that starting this week they are 80% off...

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']The flyer says for all, but it only lasts one week (4th of July sale). What makes me curious is that you know how some select Nintendo titles are 50% off? Well, would that mean that starting this week they are 80% off...[/QUOTE]

I think the 50% off sale ends June 28th.

So this 30% off sale starts June 28th, and lasts until July 5th (one week)?

21.00 dollars is too good to pass up for Meteos and Warioware Twisted. It sounds too good to be true.

Going away from the buy5-get5 for a second...just wanted to let everyone know that Doom3 XBX, SC: Chaos Theory XBX, and Mercenaries XBX are still getting $30 trade-in as of this weekend. With the newly-posted GameFly prices, you gotta think this won't last long...I traded mine in just in case a big drop happens on Tuesday.

yeah, your probably right about the 50% off sale ending the same day. But yes, the flyer says the promotion is "6/28/05 - 7/4/05. Offer valid on all Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, and Nintendo DS games and accessories."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back