Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']yeah, your probably right about the 50% off sale ending the same day. But yes, the flyer says the promotion is "6/28/05 - 7/4/05. Offer valid on all Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, and Nintendo DS games and accessories."[/QUOTE]

Nice... I'll update the OP.

Is there anyway to get a scan?

Sorry, I dont have access to a scanner. But there was a stack of these laying on the counter so maybe someone who has a scanner can grab one at their nearby Gamerush.

[quote name='doubledown']Is Destroy All Humans getting $30 or $35? Any XBOX360 console information either?[/QUOTE]

The new flyer I have says that come Tues. they will be giving $35 for DAH!

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Sorry, I dont have access to a scanner. But there was a stack of these laying on the counter so maybe someone who has a scanner can grab one at their nearby Gamerush.
![/QUOTE]

No problem.. thanks for posting it up.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']yeah, your probably right about the 50% off sale ending the same day. But yes, the flyer says the promotion is "6/28/05 - 7/4/05. Offer valid on all Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, and Nintendo DS games and accessories."[/QUOTE]

By saying accessories, that means the wavebird battery pack too? Soo i can get that for 70 cents now? Wow...cheapass..:)

that 30% off nintendo games is a deal. but i can't really think of any games that i would want to get brand new. i think i will rather use that b5g5 free deal. that to me is a great deal, but the only problem is finding 10 games that i really want.

How come the deal is always Nintendo stuff?

Not that I'm complaining, getting new DS games cheaper than the used price is awesome enough for me, but it just seems weird.

First 50% off on select titles, now 30% off on ALL Nintendo titles.

[quote name='Roufuss']How come the deal is always Nintendo stuff?

Not that I'm complaining, getting new DS games cheaper than the used price is awesome enough for me, but it just seems weird.

First 50% off on select titles, now 30% off on ALL Nintendo titles.[/QUOTE]

maybe cuz nintendo doesn't support GR that much, so thats why they are putting all their stuff on sale, so that nintendo notices that they are actually selling their products. just a thought though

[quote name='rafissaying']that 30% off nintendo games is a deal. but i can't really think of any games that i would want to get brand new. i think i will rather use that b5g5 free deal. that to me is a great deal, but the only problem is finding 10 games that i really want.[/QUOTE]

I would pick up Meteos next week in a flash. In fact, I'd get it there even if it wasn't on sale. But my GR probably won't be carrying it - they haven't gotten anything for the DS recently. Just a few weeks ago I used the trade 2 deal to get Madagascar for $30 - now it will be $28 with the sale - d'oh! I don't think there are any other GC titles I want, but there might be some GBA - I think I saw a Golden Sun there the other day (new). So I'll get that in any case.

[quote name='io']I would pick up Meteos next week in a flash. In fact, I'd get it there even if it wasn't on sale. But my GR probably won't be carrying it - they haven't gotten anything for the DS recently. .[/QUOTE]

They didn't even get Kirby?

The GR here got one copy of it, and it was in that little top 10 display. I'd imagine Meteos would go there, as well, the one copy they'll probably get. I might go throw down $5 bucks on it just for kicks tommorrow.

Wow... I know of a few games at my BB that would definitely be worth picking up for this B5G5 sale, if the sale is in effect. Unfortunately, BB seems hit or miss with matching GR's sales/trade offers. I'll check it out Wednesday anyway, but if someone could figure out sooner, that would be very nice.

[quote name='Roufuss']They didn't even get Kirby?

The GR here got one copy of it, and it was in that little top 10 display. I'd imagine Meteos would go there, as well, the one copy they'll probably get. I might go throw down $5 bucks on it just for kicks tommorrow.[/QUOTE]

I got a Kirby because I preordered it several weeks ago. They got no others to sell in the store. The same with the last several DS releases. They got a ton of Polarium though for whatever reason. I really hope they get a Meteos to sell. Like I said, I would have bought it for $30 - it would be great to get it for $21!

[quote name='rafissaying']actually now that i am thinking about it i might have to pick up meteos, kirby, and maybe some gba games. is yoshi's touch and go a good game???[/QUOTE]

Yes, for $21 in GR credit GET IT! It is not a deep game but definitely worth that price.

[quote name='io']Yes, for $21 in GR credit GET IT! It is not a deep game but definitely worth that price.[/QUOTE]

thanks io. i think i have my round about of what i'm going to pick up. thanks again for the info.

RE: 30% off Nintendo sale

NOOOOOO!!

I'm driving 2 1/2 hours from Jax to Orlando for a concert tonight, which I now wish would be later in the week so I could take advantage of this deal. Unfortunately, there are no GameRush's in the Jax area, despite the particular area I'm in being a test market for other Blockbuster things.

[quote name='rafissaying']maybe cuz nintendo doesn't support GR that much, so thats why they are putting all their stuff on sale, so that nintendo notices that they are actually selling their products. just a thought though[/QUOTE]

Ive been told in a many a Gamerush that its because Nintendo products sell the worse. Thats why they need these deals to clear some space. I dont think youll ever get these deals(%30-50 off) for Xbox or Ps2.

thank you so much OP. now i will buy a DS. free mario deal, AND $21 DS games! awesome.

DS w/MARIO 64-$150
Meteos-$21
Warioware:Twisted-$21
Kirby-$21

DS with 4 games+tax= $221.50 (i think so). AWESOME DEAL. i will still have $200+ in GR credit

[quote name='aaa']thank you so much OP. now i will buy a DS. free mario deal, AND $21 DS games! awesome.

DS w/MARIO 64-$150
Meteos-$21
Kirby-$21

DS with 4 games+tax= $221.50 (i think so). AWESOME DEAL. i will still have $200+ in GR credit[/QUOTE]

Haha, don't thank me, thank Dustin Echoes for confirming the deal.

I will go to Gamerush on Tuesday to confirm it personally (i.e actually buying a DS game), as well as get a flyer and scan it in if nobody does it before hand.

[quote name='aaa']thank you so much OP. now i will buy a DS. free mario deal, AND $21 DS games! awesome.

DS w/MARIO 64-$150
Meteos-$21
Kirby-$21

DS with 4 games+tax= $221.50 (i think so). AWESOME DEAL. i will still have $200+ in GR credit[/QUOTE]

DS does not come with a free Mario at Game Rush.

[quote name='gizmogc']DS does not come with a free Mario at Game Rush.[/QUOTE]

According to this -

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']
. Also, all new Nintendo software and accessories (gamecube, gba, ds) will be an additional 30% off. They are also running the free super mario 64 with DS purchase deal.
[/quote]

They are now.

DS w/MARIO 64-$150
Meteos-$21
Kirby-$21

isn't kirby like 34.99 msrp??? which makes it a little more expensive than the others right? or is that price tag at ebgames only??

[quote name='rafissaying']isn't kirby like 34.99 msrp??? which makes it a little more expensive than the others right? or is that price tag at ebgames only??[/QUOTE]

Yea, Kirby ends up being $25 since it's 34.99 MSRP.

I'll add all the percents to the OP - done.

[quote name='rafissaying']isn't kirby like 34.99 msrp??? which makes it a little more expensive than the others right? or is that price tag at ebgames only??[/QUOTE]

$225 :lol: half the price of the PSP. insanity. (PSP with 4 games is like $425-$450, plus tax)

[quote name='Roufuss']According to this -

They are now.[/QUOTE]

My bad, didn't see that GR was participating this this promotioin (which is awesome). Looks like Tuesday will be a big day to spend some cash. If the Buy5get5 is true (which Im sure it is), Ill be picking up all Gamecube games (Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine, etc.) that I traded in before and now miss.

[quote name='gizmogc']My bad, didn't see that GR was participating this this promotioin (which is awesome). Looks like Tuesday will be a big day to spend some cash. If the Buy5get5 is true (which Im sure it is), Ill be picking up all Gamecube games (Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine, etc.) that I traded in before and now miss.[/QUOTE]

same for me. I am getting a DS with free mario 64, meteos, warioware twisted, and kirby, along with my 2 copies of midnight club 3 for psp (one for my friend, one for sale since my PSP now belongs to gamestop

Damn, and I'm planning a trip to Tucson from this Weds - July 4th and will miss BOTH the GR sale and the CC sale (yeah, I'll check it out in Tucson but only 2 CC there - no GR).

I HOPE my GR is on the ball and starts the sale as they should on Tuesday. They tend to start deals a few days late though so I might have to push them a bit like I did with the 50% Nintendo sale. If not, I might ask if they can hold a few things and then send my wife in to get them :D. She'll hate me for that.

good luck IO. I hate when I can't get in on a deal since I am busy that day. I will probably be at CC at the store opening. Project:Snowblind and POP:WW for $20 is too good to pass up. This is an awesome week for gaming.

i know this is straying away from the nintendo deals, but that 50% off all preowned accessories is a deal. i could get a sony brand ps2 controller for 9.98, and another memory card for the same price. thats a deal. i think GR is really trying to clear out all their crap.

[quote name='rafissaying']i know this is straying away from the nintendo deals, but that 50% off all preowned accessories is a deal. i could get a sony brand ps2 controller for 9.98, and another memory card for the same price. thats a deal. i think GR is really trying to clear out all their crap.[/QUOTE]

good point, but dont need any accessories. :applause: bravo gamerush, it seems like they are getting their act together. Lets just see how much this hurts us once they might bring back their deals. :roll:

[quote name='scrapdawg02']anybody know how much trade-in credit is for Star Fox:Assault?[/QUOTE]

Probably lower than you'd expect since they've been selling it new for 50% off for quite a while now.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']What are the chances of them having Meteos tomorrow? (for the deal :p)[/QUOTE]

Gamerush seems to be behind on getting new games... I'd say Wednesday or Thursday is a safe bet.

I bought a blue DS last weekend at GR, and they weren't giving away Mario 64 with it then.

Now that they are, do you guys think there's any chance they'll let me have one if I have my original receipt, or do you think I'm just outta luck on this one?

This deal sounds awesome. Unfortunately, there are exactly zero Gamerush store here, in Connecticut.

Does anyone know if the deals (specifically the 30% Nintendo deal) apply at normal blockbuster stores (that carry games, of course)????????

Thanks.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I bought a blue DS last weekend at GR, and they weren't giving away Mario 64 with it then.

Now that they are, do you guys think there's any chance they'll let me have one if I have my original receipt, or do you think I'm just outta luck on this one?[/QUOTE]

i'm sure if you are nice and really upset that you missed out on the free game, they would probably work something with you. you probably are going to get it.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I bought a blue DS last weekend at GR, and they weren't giving away Mario 64 with it then.

Now that they are, do you guys think there's any chance they'll let me have one if I have my original receipt, or do you think I'm just outta luck on this one?[/QUOTE]

I am guarantee you'll get ur FREE game no matter what. Als, it's promotion item when you buy DS and i don't think they like to get DS back and give new DS plus FREE game instead give u FREE game. ;)

I've never bought a new game on release week at Gamerush... when do they usually get in games?

I know from reading this thread it's definately not release day (Tuesday)... does it skew more toward Wednesday or Thursday?

Just got a Gamepro today and in there is advertised this:

Trade in as many games to get $35 of credit, buy a new game for $14.99.

I dont know what to think of this damn deal!

[quote name='Ravenous']Just got a Gamepro today and in there is advertised this:

I dont know what to think of this damn deal![/QUOTE]

Can you describe what is on the cover of this magazine?

[quote name='Roufuss']I've never bought a new game on release week at Gamerush... when do they usually get in games?

I know from reading this thread it's definately not release day (Tuesday)... does it skew more toward Wednesday or Thursday?[/QUOTE]

From what I've been hearing they receive their games a little bit slow. You should just call in and check before going.

[quote name='Ravenous']Just got a Gamepro today and in there is advertised this:

I dont know what to think of this damn deal![/QUOTE]

Was this serious or sarcastic?

It's just letting people know ONE trade-in can be worth up to $35 at Game Rush. There is no deal here.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I am guarantee you'll get ur FREE game no matter what. Als, it's promotion item when you buy DS and i don't think they like to get DS back and give new DS plus FREE game instead give u FREE game. ;)[/QUOTE]

Holy Crap you need to repeat 6th grade english class.

Anyways, they may or may not give you a free game. You bought the DS before the promotion started with GR, and they are not obligated to give you a free copy of SM64. No harm in asking though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back