Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='drfrielgood']Roufuss is right, most of the stuff I talked about in my post was reported a few days ago. I was just trying to clarify a couple of them a little more. Thanks for the kind words though![/QUOTE]

No problem, it wasn't directed at you... I do appreciate the clarification as well as everyone else :)

lol i read that ad in EGM last night and was like wtf then i read the small print and was like WTF 4 REAL! lol they took out a full page add to do some math and then show their work.

Just got back from the b5g5 deal at Gamerush... a line at the door waiting for them to open and about 10 people digging through the games... pretty entertaining.

Pickup Silent Hill 4 (PS2) $20 but no DS games but they i saw UPS drop alot BOXES and they need to stock. They tell me call them back around 2-3 pm ;)

Still hope they have Meteos and Kirby ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']The OP was already updated with this news 2 or 3 days before his post.

What do you think we've been talking about 2 or 3 pages before that?[/QUOTE]

Sorry Roufuss. It was my impression (perhaps wrongly) that most of these deals were unsubstantiated before Drfielgood's post. Lots of questions about whether it's "buy 3 get 5" or "buy 5 get 5," and the good doctor's post clears up the confusion nicely, as well as why there was confusion in the first place.

I still maintain that drfieldgood's post is far cleaner, and more informative, than the OP at the moment. Just my two cents.

-DM

[quote name='atomsk']The girl at my GR said there would be 2 Killer 7 gifts. the other one is probably the same killer 7 "survival kit" that game crazy was supposed to be giving away. When is the release date anyway? I've had it preordered for years...[/QUOTE]

It should be July 6 when it is released.

[quote name='Zennousha'] When did Blockbuster/GR start selling trade paper backs? I picked up Astonishing X-Men Vol.1 there today, which I've been meaning to do anyways but hey in credit how can I resist, and they had some Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 trades too. I figure it's because of the movies but it just kind of shocked me. I can only hope this means that sometime over the next year there will be Batman and Superman trades there too.
[/QUOTE]

Yea couple of my stores do carry those too and it is because of the movies that they carry them. No reason for me to pick them up since I have the single issues already.

The buy 5 get 5 free coupon is a little goofy. The cashier will actually have to scan the coupon 5 times for you to get your 5 games free. The coupon just takes off the lowest priced game, 1 game at a time. So be sure to watch the cashiers and remind them of this.

Meteos should be out in most Gamerush's today... I also got a copy of Meteos for $21, along with Mr Driller.

I was going to get Polarium, but all signs are point to a price drop to $20 anyways, so I decided to wait.

And what's with no Gamerush having a new copy of Pac-Pix? Really sucks.

I'm going to try to price match the flyer to Circuit City.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Just got back from the b5g5 deal at Gamerush... a line at the door waiting for them to open and about 10 people digging through the games... pretty entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow. I plan on taking a look in a little bit...

[quote name='drfrielgood']If you've preordered Killer 7 you should receive a free t-shirt. If you don't, an employee has probably jacked it.

That's all for now. Nothing to report for the week of 7/5.[/QUOTE]

great post drfrielgood! i've only received 1 bonus from all the games i've preordered from gr. :x when i go to pick up my preordered killer 7, i'll know for sure if an employee stole my shirt this time :D

So, who got 10 games,and what were they? I'm intersted to see the price totalsand the games purchased...still debating if I wanna spend $75+ for 10 used games.

[quote name='Roufuss']Meteos should be out in most Gamerush's today... I also got a copy of Meteos for $21, along with Mr Driller.

I was going to get Polarium, but all signs are point to a price drop to $20 anyways, so I decided to wait.

And what's with no Gamerush having a new copy of Pac-Pix? Really sucks.

I'm going to try to price match the flyer to Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

Or Puyo Pop DS

i used that b5g5 free today and i picked up some decent games. i also picked up kirby for around 26.xx i think. if people are saying meteos is in today, i think i might have to go back to GR to trade in a nightmare of druaga or something. thanks to whoever let us know about the deals.

For those interested, trade-in prices as of today:

PS2: KoF: MI - $25 (still holding)
PS2: Nightmare of Druaga - $15.50 (dropped from $20)
XBOX: Malice - $9 (dropped from $10)

Now that Druaga has dropped, Malice is probably one of the best bets for moving credit from EB to Gamerush ($4.99 new).

Get this: My GameRush said the buy-5, get-5 and 30% off Nintendo-system games sales are for Fourth of July weekend, and they wouldn't honor them now. I picked up a copy of Meteos anyway, even though they tried to tell me at first that it's not out for sale yet.

Man, that location (on National in Los Angeles) has gone downhill ever since the manager switched stores. I should've stuck to my guns about not shopping there.

I traded in:
Psychonauts PS2 $30
NFL Street GC $5
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 Xbox $7.50
Sonic Adventure DX GC $8
Colin McRae Rally 3 PS2 $8
NARC Xbox $8

Total: $66.50

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']does manhunt still go for 14.99[/QUOTE]

I think it's $9.99, I remember picking it up at GameRush to trade in to EBGames during the trade 4 games and get a PSP game for free.

Picked Meteos and Bomberman on Ds today, also got lucky and got 2 perfect condition dreamcast games (unreal and sega gt). Got about $20 off on the two nds. Also got a bunch of games on the buy 5 get 5 free with my remaining credit that I can sell at the pawnshop for cash as I don't start my new job till the 18th for training.

The flyer says 6-28 so whenever.

i just picked up meteos. i traded in:

nightmare of druaga - 15.50
malice (xbox) - 9

this 30% off nintendo games is a really good deal. i just think that i will pick up some more gba or gamecube games since there is no other DS games that i really want.

[quote name='TimTucker']For those interested, trade-in prices as of today:

PS2: KoF: MI - $25 (still holding)
PS2: Nightmare of Druaga - $15.50 (dropped from $20)
XBOX: Malice - $9 (dropped from $10)

Now that Druaga has dropped, Malice is probably one of the best bets for moving credit from EB to Gamerush ($4.99 new).[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I'm glad I traded my Druaga a few days ago.
I did trade a NHL 2004 for PS2 today. It has dropped from $8 all the way down to $7.50 :D.

It was a *very* good GR run today, made all the better by finding several new Star Wars toys that my kids were looking for at the nearby Burger King (I hear my son playing with Grevious right now). The best thing was the girl there charged me $2.58 for 4 of them, twice :D (got 8 for $5.16).

At GR they knew about the deals but had not posted any signage yet. I didn't ask about the Buy 5 get 5 PO deal as I didn't have the time to look for that mamy games. One deal that was still posted but apparently has been pulled is the Hip controller for $4.99 with a new game purchase. For some wierd reason, GR pulled this promo which was supposed to run till Sept. 5th. They discovered this when they couldn't get the bar code to work for it. This seems pretty stupid because they had a rack full of the things. It's not like it is the kind of deal that can be abused like the $5 PO one. The manager said it must have been ended early like the preorder and $5 PO deals. Oh well - I had just wanted a cheap 4th controller for my Gamecube for when we have those rare 4-player Mario Party sessions.

Other than not getting that controller, I did pretty good:

New Games:
NDS Meteos: $20.99 (they were just unpacking them and weren't sure they could sell it until I assured them the game was out already :D)
GC Lord of the Rings 3rd Age: $13.99
GBA Golden Sun Lost Age: $13.99
GBA Fire Emblem Sacred Stones: $20.99

The last one was also in the stuff they just got in and was the only one they had. Unfortunately they STILL have not gotten Lego Star Wars for GBA (been on order for 2 months now). I also wanted to pick up Shark Tale for GC but they didn't have that. I really thought I should get more GC games, but I held back. As cheap as they were I want to save some of my credit. The best deal was Tales of Symphonia for $13.99 (after discount) but I got that a while back during the Black Thursday Target sale. I had to hold myself back from getting more DS games like WarioWare, Madagascar and Polarium. Also had to hold back on GBA games like Kingdom Hearts CoM, Pokemon Pinball, WarioWare Twisted, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy. I just have too many games to play now!

I also got a PO PS2 memory card for $10 with the 50% PO accessories deal. The one card I have is just about full so this deal came at a great time. They have TONS of PS2 controllers, both Sony and other brands. Unfortunately they didn't have a Logitech wireless controller PO or I would have snapped that up. How good are the Pelican ones? They have one of those PO.

Does anyone know what WarioWare for GC retails for at GR? I might go back and pick that one up if I can get it for $14 with discount (for some reason this one was in their locked case so I couldn't see the price). I priced checked several things (like Robots which I would only get for dirt cheap - it was labelled $39.99 and rang up $29.99). I was just looking at the new trade-in flier and I noticed they give $8 for WarioWare just like for Star Ocean and Tales - other games that retail for $19.99 new. So I'm thinking it is $19.99.

Edit - As usual, the "new" flier that I thought I was looking at at my GR is the one from 2 weeks ago (June 14th). I certainly didn't see the ones gizmogc posted! They'll get those in 2 weeks probably, after the deals are long gone :D.

Here a scan of both of the 2 page advertisements they have in-stores...Ill PM the OP of this thread so he can add them to the top...

Thanks, gizmogc. I couldn't make it out, was there anything saying the dates when those are valid? I only saw the buy 2 get 1 free flyer at my GameRush, and like I said they wouldn't let me do 30% off Meteos.

Scans are added to the OP.

Does anyone if Gamerush EVER sold Pac Pix, at any time?

I'm 0 for 2 on getting it, and it's the last DS game my gf wants to try.

Roufuss, To my knowledge, no, no GR has sold Pac-Pix, atleast around me. When it came out, I called 10 stores the following day, and none had received it. I did however trade in my copy to the store a week back. GR also never received PuyoPop. Very few received the Retro Atari pack too

As per dates...
5 for 5 is 6/28/05 - 7/04/05
Nintendo 30% off is 6/28/05 - 7/04/05 (Not sure if this also pertains to the DS free Mario, does not say)
The Buy 2 get 1 free and 50% off accessories does not have any date whatsoever

[quote name='gizmogc']Roufuss, To my knowledge, no, no GR has sold Pac-Pix, atleast around me. When it came out, I called 10 stores the following day, and none had received it. I did however trade in my copy to the store a week back. GR also never received PuyoPop. Very few received the Retro Atari pack too[/QUOTE]

Damn... that fucking Retro Atari pack is everywhere here, too.

No big loss, still got Meteos for $21, can't complain.

I picked up Meteos for $21 as well today. The manager was shocked at the Nintendo sale, didn't even know it started, lol.

Also, my GR has TONS of used PS2 Red Memory cards for sale. Atleast 16 of them, all look 'brand new' but are 'used'. They are all the Official Sony ones, and for $10, its not bad. If anyone needs me to pick one up for them PM me.

Also, my GR has brand new GameCube controllers for $20, so $10. The only colors they had were black.

[quote name='gizmogc']I picked up Meteos for $21 as well today. The manager was shocked at the Nintendo sale, didn't even know it started, lol.

Also, my GR has TONS of used PS2 Red Memory cards for sale. Atleast 16 of them, all look 'brand new' but are 'used'. They are all the Official Sony ones, and for $10, its not bad. If anyone needs me to pick one up for them PM me.

Also, my GR has brand new GameCube controllers for $20, so $10. The only colors they had were black.[/QUOTE]

What about Wavebirds? I didn't even think to look.

Yea, the cashier here was shocked as well. "Didn't we just run a Nintendo sale..?"

I didn't see any wavebirds at all..plus I already have 2, which is fine for me.

Too bad those Battery pacsk for $1 suck. I can never get the crharge to last more then 20 minutes no matter how long I keep them plugged in to the wall for.

DO NOT TRADE IN MALICE FOR XBOX TO gamerush.

I see a lot of you guys trade it in for 9 bucks, but what you dont know is malice for xbox gets 27.50 at FYE/wherehouse stores. If you guys have any of those stores near you, you can easily triple up. prices seem high for older products, but new releases are generally around the CC/BB prices.

[quote name='billyknoxville']DO NOT TRADE IN MALICE FOR XBOX TO gamerush.

I see a lot of you guys trade it in for 9 bucks, but what you dont know is malice for xbox gets 27.50 at FYE/wherehouse stores. If you guys have any of those stores near you, you can easily triple up. prices seem high for older products, but new releases are generally around the CC/BB prices.[/QUOTE]

Many FYE's will not accept Malice as the employee has to actually type in the name of the game into the computer to find the price. I've tried that game at 3 different FYE's and been shot down everytime.

Gamerush getting Riviera is a big negative, correct?

Would be nice to get it for $21, but we all know how they hate the Atlus.

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but...
damn, this is a great summer to be a CAG! With the B5G5 GR sale, the 50% of accessories GR sale, the CC $10 clearance, and the crazy EB.com coupon madness earlier today - let's just say I've got some gaming to do...

Just want to say thanks to all of you who have contributed deals or information that I have benefitted from!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back