Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='organicow']Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but...
damn, this is a great summer to be a CAG! With the B5G5 GR sale, the 50% of accessories GR sale, the CC $10 clearance, and the crazy EB.com coupon madness earlier today - let's just say I've got some gaming to do...

Just want to say thanks to all of you who have contributed deals or information that I have benefitted from!![/QUOTE]

Like I mentioned in the Atelier Iris thread... I totally forgot I preordered this, and I literally cringed as Gamestop told me this was coming in tommorrow, as the thought of possibly paying anything over $20 for a game felt like a jab in the stomach.

I've got so many awesome games in the 10-30 mark lately, I feel so stupid paying $50 for one.

hmm, the 50% off drops e-readers to $3.50 and Guncon 2s to $7.50 IIRC. anyone know what wavebirds go for after discount? $10?

i wish that GR got Riveria. i think that they should make some relations with Atlus, since the make some sick games. i think i might pick up some gba games. i am thinking of fire emblem and wario ware twisted. how are those two games??

[quote name='sanjuro']hmm, the 50% off drops e-readers to $3.50 and Guncon 2s to $7.50 IIRC. anyone know what wavebirds go for after discount? $10?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Wavebirds would be $10.

Found a psone screen for $15 (50% off $29.99), a psone car adapter for a cheap $.25 (50% off $.50), and I also picked up Kirby's C.C. for around $26. Thanks for the updates

[quote name='rafissaying']i wish that GR got Riveria. i think that they should make some relations with Atlus, since the make some sick games. i think i might pick up some gba games. i am thinking of fire emblem and wario ware twisted. how are those two games??[/QUOTE]

I was thinking they might get Riviera since there's not too many GBA games coming out, but I'm going to wait for confirmation.

[quote name='Roufuss']I was thinking they might get Riviera since there's not too many GBA games coming out, but I'm going to wait for confirmation.[/QUOTE]

LOL...Gamerush is absolutely NOT getting Riviera. They never get Atlus games, no matter what.

[quote name='gizmogc']I picked up Meteos for $21 as well today. The manager was shocked at the Nintendo sale, didn't even know it started, lol.

Also, my GR has TONS of used PS2 Red Memory cards for sale. Atleast 16 of them, all look 'brand new' but are 'used'. They are all the Official Sony ones, and for $10, its not bad. If anyone needs me to pick one up for them PM me.

Also, my GR has brand new GameCube controllers for $20, so $10. The only colors they had were black.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a bunch of games today but nothing great or awesome by any means. I picked up 2 red ps2 memory cards too.

Which GR are you talking about with all the Red memory cards? (I know that the Westchester store had a ton)

The game pick ups and prices (all are complete except bounty hunter):
PS2 X-files Resist or Serve $14.99 (for SarKenobi)
XB Full Spectrum Warrior $14.99
GC Star Wars Bounty Hunter $14.99 (no manual)
XB Worms Forts Under Siege $14.99
GC Go! Go! Hypergrind $12.99
XB Myst III: Exile $12.99
PS2 Lethal Skies Elite Pilot SW $9.99
XB Enter the Matrix $9.99
PS2 Manhunt $9.99
GC Wave Rave Blue Storm $12.99

= ~$76.94

I had them price check a few games...most of the games weren't marked correctly so I made me mad. But Dark Cloud 2 was $16.99 (ofcourse it's just right out of the range for this deal).

[quote name='Zon27']LOL...Gamerush is absolutely NOT getting Riviera. They never get Atlus games, no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Ok... not quite that funny.

I'll just wait for someone to trade it in, two weeks tops.

Keep in mind the RED PS2 Memory cards were NOT traded in, there were sent to Game Rush from either corporate, or they opened all of them up. How can you tell? Where heres a handy tip

If you want to know if the used item you are purchashing is a former Trade-In (Owned by someone else) or if it was transfered to used from Game Rush (Meaning a former rental, or sent from the Warehouse), look at the sticker that is generally on the back of the item. If there is a date, its a Trade-In, if there is no date, its a former rental/warehouse item.

Honestly, this should be posted as part of the first messege in this thread, because I doubt anyone knows this except for current and former BB employees.

[quote name='gizmogc']Keep in mind the RED PS2 Memory cards were NOT traded in, there were sent to Game Rush from either corporate, or they opened all of them up. How can you tell? Where heres a handy tip

If you want to know if the used item you are purchashing is a former Trade-In (Owned by someone else) or if it was transfered to used from Game Rush (Meaning a former rental, or sent from the Warehouse), look at the sticker that is generally on the back of the item. If there is a date, its a Trade-In, if there is no date, its a former rental/warehouse item.

Honestly, this should be posted as part of the first messege in this thread, because I doubt anyone knows this except for current and former BB employees.[/QUOTE]

PM it to me so I can put it up tommorrow and not have to dig through posts.

Saw a used copy of Jade Empire:LE at my GR marked at $26.99, so it is probably only $30 new, just like at EB.

Sort of funny...

My gamerush has a huge sign with 10 games and their trade in prices. One of the games they had was Nintendogs, and the sign said it was out for PS2 and XBOX. How did they come up with that?

My GR said that the Nintendo Sale starts on July 2nd. They showed me flyers.

Question for those who already got in on the sale:

Are the discount prices coming up automatically or do the employees have to type a code?

The only new deals that started at the local GR were the B5G5F and 30% Nintendo stuff...no 50% off PO accessories....I need a memory card :(

[quote name='rafissaying']i wish that GR got Riveria. i think that they should make some relations with Atlus, since the make some sick games. i think i might pick up some gba games. i am thinking of fire emblem and wario ware twisted. how are those two games??[/QUOTE]

Funny, I picked up exactly those two games. I plan on letting my son play WarioWare Twisted on our trip tomorrow - will report back when I get home.

I went back in this evening and picked up WarioWare Twisted for $21 (WarioWare for GC was $24.99 new by the way - not enough of a discount at $17.50 for this CAG), and also, for a change, a RED PS2 MEMORY CARD (to go with the black one I bought earlier today)

Which leads me to:

[quote name='gizmogc']
Keep in mind the RED PS2 Memory cards were NOT traded in, there were sent to Game Rush from either corporate, or they opened all of them up. How can you tell? Where heres a handy tip

[/quote]

D'oh!! I wish I had known that earlier today when I picked up a black one to match the one I bought new with my PS2. I threw away the packaging on both used ones (the black one and the red one from GR), but I can tell you what I observed fits perfectly with gizmogc's comments - the black one had some dude's game saves on it. The red one needed to be formatted prior to use. I would have definitely picked up two red ones had I known.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My GR said that the Nintendo Sale starts on July 2nd. They showed me flyers.

Are the discount prices coming up automatically or do the employees have to type a code?[/QUOTE]

Interesting, because my GR said the buy 5 get 5 free is only on during this weekend (Fri-Sun) - while I am out of town of course. The 30% off new Nintendo and 50% off PO accessories sale is going on as of today though.

For the person who asked about what sales the regular Blockbusters are having - the one near me said they have NO deals right now. They did finally remove their trade 3 get a PO for $5 signs a few days back. Other BB's may very well have the Nintendo or buy 5 sales though - just have to go in and ask... Good luck finding 10 nice used games at a regular BB though :D. In a way I am relieved I am missing that sale at my GR because it would just be WAY too much work to look for 10 games $14.99 or under. There are 2 that I want for sure - I'd have to find 8 more to pad that :D.

Edit - Oh yeah, to answer your question, as with just about all GR deals, they scan a barcode and the discount is applied automatically. When I bought a GBA game and a memory card he scanned both, then did both barcodes - worked perfectly.

[quote name='unforseen']
The only new deals that started at the local GR were the B5G5F and 30% Nintendo stuff...no 50% off PO accessories....I need a memory card :(
[/quote]

LOL - it seems that any given GR will just decide to do either all 3 deals, or any possible combination of 2 of the 3 :D. You should go back and make sure though - the barcode for the 50% PO was right on the back of their barcode flip chart at my GR - you could see it standing in line.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My GR said that the Nintendo Sale starts on July 2nd. They showed me flyers.

Are the discount prices coming up automatically or do the employees have to type a code?[/QUOTE]

My flyers indiciate 6/28 was the start of the sale...and Im staring right at them. They either are uninformed or you just took their word for it. Pick up the flyer, and read them the date at the bottom of the page. I posted scans of the flyers as well (see the first post of this thread)

[quote name='gizmogc']My flyers indiciate 6/28 was the start of the sale...and Im staring right at them. They either are uninformed or you just took their word for it. Pick up the flyer, and read them the date at the bottom of the page. I posted scans of the flyers as well (see the first post of this thread)[/QUOTE]

If the flyers are there that would be a great idea. I still think you could ask them to look at the barcodes by their terminals though - those tend to have the dates. If I wanted to push it with the Buy 5 sale I would have asked them to look. They specificaly told me the Buy5Get5 sale is on the weekend only. And since they are 2 weeks behind on their flyers I can't pick up one and show them :D. Besides, it is one thing if they are clueless about the deal and you can point them in the right direction and quite another thing when you tell them they are WRONG for having the sale on the weekend - I wouldn't have risked that. Wouldn't the individual store be able to override the general GR deals anyway?

I suppose you could print gizmogc's scans and show them, but then you might have to reveal where you got them from :D.

In any case, even though I'll never see the Buy5Get5 sale, I'm very happy with what I managed to get today with the 30% Nintendo and 50% PO accessory sales. Now I'm off to a state with NO GR at all (AZ), though maybe I'll check out a BB or two just to see what they are like down there.

Edit - Don't go to the GR site for help on the new deals - they only have the Buy 2 Get 1 Free and 5 PO PS1 games for $15 deals posted.

They had to scan a code. It took them like 10 minutes to find the new codes.

I got in on the 30% off sale yesterday and the GR employee had to scan a UPC/map on the side of the terminal for the discount to take effect. I bought Meteos and Kirby Canvas Curse, so the discount was already totaled on the receipt for 19.49 (as opposed to being itemized for each game), but there were no problems with discount or the GR employee. I also picked up Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and since it was a GBA game, it got a separate listing for its discount.

I picked up a flyer as well. The side advertising the 'buy 5, get 5 free' had small print at the bottom, advertising the sale from 6/28-7/4, so I'd assume that the ads on both sides of the flyer would be good for those dates, as was the case at my GR.

Hope that helps - good luck.

gizmogc,
If there's a date on the back of the barcode, it means that its a really old barcode and has been sitting on the shelves for a few months.

If there's no date on the barcode sticker, it means that its probably been traded in within the last 2 months or so.

And finally, Blockbuster just switched their barcodes for previously played games a couple of weeks ago. The new barcodes are very skinny and are to be placed in the lower left hand corner of the front of the case, just above the ESRB rating.

Blockbuster has been experimenting with a few variations of its label over the last couple months, so that's the only reason for the differences.

[quote name='drfrielgood']And finally, Blockbuster just switched their barcodes for previously played games a couple of weeks ago. The new barcodes are very skinny and are to be placed in the lower left hand corner of the front of the case, just above the ESRB rating.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they also tend to leave more residue when removed than the old labels. Not that big of a deal to get off w/ WD40, etc. for console games, but for GBA boxes it's a lot bigger deal than the old stickers were.

I scored Meteos DS, Wario Twisted GBA & ZooKeeper DS. All with 30% off, I had to convince them to try the barcode however. Their map talks about the deals being available the July 4th weekend (3 days only), but the barcode clearly shows 6/28.

I passed on the b5g5, I could not find 10 games I really wanted under 15$. Had the price been 17$, it would have been a different story.

[quote name='shipwreck']Many FYE's will not accept Malice as the employee has to actually type in the name of the game into the computer to find the price. I've tried that game at 3 different FYE's and been shot down everytime.[/QUOTE]

Have them type xbx-malice.

that sucks that they said the deal doesn't start until july 2. when i went in yesterday, my former manager said it was only for accessories, but i pointed him in the right direction and all was fine. i would just let them know that you called another store and that they said it started yesterday.

[quote name='drfrielgood']gizmogc,
If there's a date on the back of the barcode, it means that its a really old barcode and has been sitting on the shelves for a few months.

If there's no date on the barcode sticker, it means that its probably been traded in within the last 2 months or so.

And finally, Blockbuster just switched their barcodes for previously played games a couple of weeks ago. The new barcodes are very skinny and are to be placed in the lower left hand corner of the front of the case, just above the ESRB rating.

Blockbuster has been experimenting with a few variations of its label over the last couple months, so that's the only reason for the differences.[/QUOTE]

Not down here. I picked up a used game yesterday with the daye 6/27/05 on the back. Thatmay be the case in your state (Most likley a Trial store), but so far, the effects are not the same down here.

And now placing another sticker on the front case? Awesome. Sounds like EB everyday.

Took advantage of the Buy 5, Get 5:

Mafia (XBOX)
Deus Ex Invisible War (XBOX)
Ultra Bust-A-Move (XBOX)
Dead to Rights (XBOX)
Shadow Ops Red Mercury (XBOX)
Voodoo Vince (XBOX)
Sims Bustin' Out (XBOX)
Enter the Matrix (XBOX)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
Shinobi (PS2)

Used up the rest of my credit and about $48 out of pocket.

[quote name='stoned99']I scored Meteos DS, Wario Twisted GBA & ZooKeeper DS. All with 30% off, I had to convince them to try the barcode however. Their map talks about the deals being available the July 4th weekend (3 days only), but the barcode clearly shows 6/28.

I passed on the b5g5, I could not find 10 games I really wanted under 15$. Had the price been 17$, it would have been a different story.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you 100%! I found so many games that I thought would be 14.99 but they were all 16.99. Maybe the next time they run this promo they will up the price.

[quote name='gizmogc']Not down here. I picked up a used game yesterday with the daye 6/27/05 on the back. Thatmay be the case in your state (Most likley a Trial store), but so far, the effects are not the same down here.

And now placing another sticker on the front case? Awesome. Sounds like EB everyday.[/QUOTE]

The sticker on the front replaces the sticker on the back. I actually prefer the new stickers as they are smaller and have been easier for me to remove.

I like the new deals. I'm going to be using the 50% off used accessories, 30% off Nintendo stuff, and maybe the buy 5 get 5 free. thanks for the update.

[quote name='shipwreck']The sticker on the front replaces the sticker on the back. I actually prefer the new stickers as they are smaller and have been easier for me to remove.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see any of these new stickers in the stores down here. I'm sure eventually they will migrate over.

Got Kirby and Meteos for DS. Took them forever to find Meteos though; it wasn't on the floor and they had to search through a bunch of drawers to find it. They also didn't know about the 30% off Nintendo games, as I had to point out a sign that clearly stated it. In the end though, everything worked out. Thanks to the one that first reported this deal.

[quote name='drfrielgood']
Buy 5 preowned games $14.99 or under and get 5 games free - As far as I know, this is buy 5 get 5 free, not buy 3 get 5 free. The main reason for the confusion probably comes from the fact that the barcode printed up for this offer states "buy 3 get 5 free". This is most likely a misprint as best evidenced in the way that the deal is rung up. [/QUOTE]

I called the GameRush where I got my "buy 3 get 5 free" info and they confirmed that they only had thought that because of the barcode. I apologize to everyone for the false excitement. :(

are the new deals (50% off accesories and b5g5 PO) only at certain Gamerush stores that chooses to do it or is it at every gamerush, the one i went to said they didnt do it and only certain stores will do it, should i go back and make them honor the b5g5 PO

[quote name='Americanpierg']are the new deals (50% off accesories and b5g5 PO) only at certain Gamerush stores that chooses to do it or is it at every gamerush, the one i went to said they didnt do it and only certain stores will do it, should i go back and make them honor the b5g5 PO[/QUOTE]

It's every GR, it's part of MAP 14 under the week of June 28th which details all the instructions for the sale.

i went to the local gamerush, and the (only) person working there had not heard anything about the 30% off nintendo games sale. she looked through the sale barcodes, and didnt see anything. she called up her manager, and he said he had heard nothing about the sale. she then calls the other gamerush across town, who had heard nothing about the sale.

her manager did say that they were starting some sales on saturday (though he didnt say what). i guess ill check back then...

argh, just called up the blockbuster again and they said they choose not to allow the deals there, guess i gotta go settle for not so good games from the other gamerushes around here, this was the only gamerush with decent 14.99 games in stock

Just pickup METEOS for $22.51 after taxes. I try to pickup Kirby Canvas too but i change my mind cuz it extra $5. Hope, i can pricematch at Circuit City and get it under $20 (CC have Kirby on sale this week for $30 - 30% - XX % = under $20 plus taxes) :)

Also, my local GR have these games instock but i think both of them will drop down $20 any time ;)

Magic XY/XXX
Mr. Driller

[quote name='Americanpierg']argh, just called up the blockbuster again and they said they choose not to allow the deals there, guess i gotta go settle for not so good games from the other gamerushes around here, this was the only gamerush with decent 14.99 games in stock[/QUOTE]

And people wonder why some of us rag on Gamerush so much.

I was completely shocked when both Gamerush's here knew about the deal, I really thought they got their act together.

Apparently not... the miscommunication at Blockbuster never fails to amaze me.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Just pickup METEOS for $22.51 after taxes. I try to pickup Kirby Canvas too but i change my mind cuz it extra $5. Hope, i can pricematch at Circuit City and get it under $20 (CC have Kirby on sale this week for $30 - 30% - XX % = under $20 plus taxes) :)[/QUOTE]

I asked about the PM in a different thread... Shrike says they won't do it because there's no reference price point, it's just a percent.

If it works, let me know.

do blockbusters sell game systems where you guys live? i dont have a gamerush and was wondering if you think i could buy an xbox360 with blockbuster credit

Anyone know when Gamerush might be getting Atelier Iris if they are ever going to get it? Since this would be my 3rd pre-order from Gamerush I'm not going to get if not.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back