Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='lorddct']Anyone know when Gamerush might be getting Atelier Iris if they are ever going to get it? Since this would be my 3rd pre-order from Gamerush I'm not going to get if not.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

i highly doubt that they will get Atelier Iris since its at Atlus title. GR has no love for any Atlust titles. I wish they were getting some Atlus titles like Magna Carta and Riveria.

Great now I'm going to have to try and fight my way with the freaking manager to get that $20 dollars off back. This shall be fun.
Thanks for the Heads up,

Does anyone see .Hack games ? (Not Outbreak or Infection) Kentucky sucks, no deal, no store, nothing good to buy with my $5 coupon @ bestbuy, sigh.

[quote name='rafissaying']i highly doubt that they will get Atelier Iris since its at Atlus title. GR has no love for any Atlust titles. I wish they were getting some Atlus titles like Magna Carta and Riveria.[/QUOTE]

It's not Atlus.

Game is made by Gust Software, it's brought here by NIS America.

Not sure why everyone thinks Atlus.

Regardless, Gamerush still won't get it :p

Picked up a red PS2 memory card(They had blue ones too. About 10 in total between the two colors. They all said May 17th on the back. It did need formatted though so hooray.), the last PS2 Network adapter for $12.49, I've been wanting to get one anyways and for 12 bux how can I say no, as well as a regular PSX memory card because I need far more. I want to buy tons more PS2 memory cards but I'm almost all out of credit now. I don't know if it would be worth it to buy more over one of those Replax Max things so I can back them up on my PC.

Do the network adapters NEED the install discs? Mine doesn't have one but I don't plan to go online with it. I just want it so I can get an HDLoader type program.

Going to the farther GR to clean out their DC stuff. They have a few off brand memory cards and official controllers so it should only be like 4 dollars for what I want anyways.

Got an Xbox controller S for $12.50 and a GameCube Wavebird for $10. Fantastic deal. I could've picked up another wavebird, but don't really need it. Also got the WaveBird battery pack for $1. Hopefully it will work better than many have said.

[quote name='TheHulkDeals']I saw Wavebirds (new) today for $29.99. I asked the cashier to scan it.
The $10 is new / used?

$29.99-30% = 21.99???[/QUOTE]It's $20 used. 10 after discount

i picked up fire emblem: sacred stones for 22.72 after taxes. i had to go to 2 GR's just to get it since the one i traded in my games at had no clue about the deal and i didn't want to argue about it or anything. at the first GR i saw a puzzle fighter for gba, and i asked them to put it on hold for me. is puzzle fighter worth around 12.xx??

[quote name='sj41']Got an Xbox controller S for $12.50 and a GameCube Wavebird for $10. Fantastic deal. I could've picked up another wavebird, but don't really need it. Also got the WaveBird battery pack for $1. Hopefully it will work better than many have said.[/QUOTE]

I have like 6 battery packs, and of the two I opened, they don't work.

[quote name='Zennousha']Do the network adapters NEED the install discs? Mine doesn't have one but I don't plan to go online with it. I just want it so I can get an HDLoader type program.[/QUOTE]

No. Some (if not all) online games let you set it up through the game.

[quote name='Zombie']No. Some (if not all) online games let you set it up through the game.[/QUOTE]

Amplitude did it, since the one I ordered from EB came with a fucked up CD, and I'm sure other games, like R&C: UYA, will as well.

has anyone else found some good games to trade in?? i still want to get some nintendo games before the deal runs out and i'm cutting it short on credit.

Very Happy. My local Blockbuster still has the trade 3 get any used game for $5 still going on, and I saw used copies of Mercenaries, Fight Night Round 2, and Midnight Club 3. I think I will get Fight Night Round 2. Does anyone know how much credit I will get for Fight Night Round 2 in case I dont like it.

rafissaying, nightmare of druage is only $10 at CC this sunday (gets $15.50) and KOF:MI (i think) is only $10 at CC this Sunday (gets $25)

Picked up Meteos (DS), Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC), and Fire Emblem: tSS (GBA) today, for a cumulative $60 after tax. As Cyborg of Teen Titans might say, BOOYA!

[quote name='aaa']Very Happy. My local Blockbuster still has the trade 3 get any used game for $5 still going on, and I saw used copies of Mercenaries, Fight Night Round 2, and Midnight Club 3. I think I will get Fight Night Round 2. Does anyone know how much credit I will get for Fight Night Round 2 in case I dont like it.

rafissaying, nightmare of druage is only $10 at CC this sunday (gets $15.50) and KOF:MI (i think) is only $10 at CC this Sunday (gets $25)[/QUOTE]

thanks but i traded in about 5 night mare of druaga's already. i have traded in 2 malice's for xbox also. i was asking if there is anythign else besides the norm. thanks anways though.

[quote name='Zennousha'] Do the network adapters NEED the install discs? Mine doesn't have one but I don't plan to go online with it. I just want it so I can get an HDLoader type program. [/QUOTE]

I don't believe you need the install disc... as it just configures your network settings onto your memory card... although I've never tried what you're doing with the HDLoader so I'm not 100% sure.

It kind of sucks that Sony forces you to buy the network adapter in order to use the HD... I picked one up at EB a couple weeks for $14 after discounts.

[quote name='aaa']Very Happy. My local Blockbuster still has the trade 3 get any used game for $5 still going on, and I saw used copies of Mercenaries, Fight Night Round 2, and Midnight Club 3. I think I will get Fight Night Round 2. Does anyone know how much credit I will get for Fight Night Round 2 in case I dont like it.

rafissaying, nightmare of druage is only $10 at CC this sunday (gets $15.50) and KOF:MI (i think) is only $10 at CC this Sunday (gets $25)[/QUOTE]

What location? I'm amazed it still hasn't been pulled yet.

I'd wager you'd get somewhere in $15 range for Fight Night Rd 2.... at GR, BB or FYE. I think someone posted this earlier in this thread.

It's funny you mention Mercenaries, Fight Night Round 2, and Midnight Club 3 since I got those exact games during the deal.

I went to do the Buy 5, get 5 free the other day and I noticed one of my games on the receipt was marked 16.99. So do all games have to be 14.99 or less, or do just the games that are marked free need to be be 14.99 or less?

Destroy All Humans was listed $35 as of yesterday. I picked up a memory card (clear red tint sony brand) using the 50% off for 10.81 after tax. They had at least ten more on the shelf, but I really dont like buying mem cards, I now have 4. And it was buy 5 get 5 free. You pay for the most expensive 5 and the cheap 5 are free, so make sure all the games are the same price or you might end up paying more than you wanted. They still had the buy 2 get 1 signs up as well.

I picked up Kirby's Canvas Curse and a bunch of the WaveBird batteries on clearance. I got the discount on those as well (they had to override the computer, thier sign said 30% off all Nintendo games and accessories).

[quote name='swetooth9']do blockbusters sell game systems where you guys live? i dont have a gamerush and was wondering if you think i could buy an xbox360 with blockbuster credit[/QUOTE]

anyone?

[quote name='stoned99']I picked up Kirby's Canvas Curse and a bunch of the WaveBird batteries on clearance. I got the discount on those as well (they had to override the computer, thier sign said 30% off all Nintendo games and accessories).[/QUOTE]

Thus is why I'm a fairly poor CAG. I'm not that worried about saving around $1, and wouldn't have pressed the issue. (Of course, you probably didn't either...)

[quote name='swetooth9']do blockbusters sell game systems where you guys live? i dont have a gamerush and was wondering if you think i could buy an xbox360 with blockbuster credit[/QUOTE]

Sorry, bro, but I don't remember any Blockbuster I've gone to having consoles. Of course, now that I'm in LA, I rarely go to the ones without GameRushes inside -- especially since I have Netflix.

[quote name='JSweeney']Thus is why I'm a fairly poor CAG. I'm not that worried about saving around $1, and wouldn't have pressed the issue. (Of course, you probably didn't either...)[/QUOTE]

To be honest I didn't press the issue, the sales guy, couldn't get it to work using the barcode, so he just took care of it. I think these folks feel bad that I was banned from trading so they take care of me.

On the whole I really like the ppl who work at my two GR's.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Sorry, bro, but I don't remember any Blockbuster I've gone to having consoles. Of course, now that I'm in LA, I rarely go to the ones without GameRushes inside -- especially since I have Netflix.[/QUOTE]

I was told at my GR, that BB have stores that sell electronics. I've never looked for them but maybe you have one in your area.

[quote name='swetooth9']damn...what should i do with all my credit if my BB doesnt sell xbox360's? that's all i really want...[/QUOTE]

You could always buy up the great used DVD selections at your local BB or find a friendly CAG that has a Gamerush near them and send your credit to them to use the credit at their store buy the 360 then ship it to you.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I went to do the Buy 5, get 5 free the other day and I noticed one of my games on the receipt was marked 16.99. So do all games have to be 14.99 or less, or do just the games that are marked free need to be be 14.99 or less?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure *all* games will work with the coupon but you'd have to get some stupid employee to ring up your transaction.

The instructions for using the barcode was for them to scan the highest priced games to the lowest price game. What the barcode does is take off the last 5 games that were scanned, as far as I can tell anyways.

[quote name='swetooth9']damn...what should i do with all my credit if my BB doesnt sell xbox360's? that's all i really want...[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I have this big pile of money! What ever shall I do with it? :-({|=

[quote name='uzumaki_star']You could always buy up the great used DVD selections at your local BB or find a friendly CAG that has a Gamerush near them and send your credit to them to use the credit at their store buy the 360 then ship it to you.[/QUOTE]

might do that if anyone is willing to

[quote name='JSweeney']Oh no! I have this big pile of money! What ever shall I do with it? :-({|=[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:# i just want a 360...that's it :p

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']did anybody preorder atelier iris: eternal mana? if so, did you receive it? if not, has anybody even seen it in the store? :lol: TIA[/QUOTE]

They probably won't get it, preorder or not.

I guess they tend not to get games from smaller companies.

[quote name='Zon27']I'm sure *all* games will work with the coupon but you'd have to get some stupid employee to ring up your transaction.

The instructions for using the barcode was for them to scan the highest priced games to the lowest price game. What the barcode does is take off the last 5 games that were scanned, as far as I can tell anyways.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so does this mean I can buy 5 any price games and get 5 14.99 games for free, because that makes this deal hot!!!

Wow, thanks soooo much, OP! I picked up Meteos @ $22.72, then paid with store credit ^_^ I'm about to try it out now...

Zombie> I'll check to see if my BB has another one when i return my movie on Sat..... 'Though, $22.72 plus shipping ( $3-4 ) wouldn't be that huge of a savings. You're probably better off asking your local BB to see if they can transfer one from another location. They're usually more than willing to do this.

I noticed eariler in this thread people mentioning Cory got in some kind of trouble for posting the GR deals early ( ?? ). :( Sorry to hear this.... that truely sucks.

[quote name='vgamergirl']Zombie> I'll check to see if my BB has another one when i return my movie on Sat..... 'Though, $22.72 plus shipping ( $3-4 ) wouldn't be that huge of a savings. You're probably better off asking your local BB to see if they can transfer one from another location. They're usually more than willing to do this.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to send you a PM.

[quote name='stoned99']Hmm, so does this mean I can buy 5 any price games and get 5 14.99 games for free, because that makes this deal hot!!![/QUOTE]

No, you buy the 5 games for $14.99 and get the 5 14.99 or LOWER games for free. You end up paying for the 5 highest priced games.

A few days ago I observed 2 partially educated youths about 15-16 years of age who thought they could get a 2 Madden 2002 for 2.99 each and expected to get psychonats for free. They finally understood after the third time the clerk explained the deal to them. Maybe it's something in the water...

[quote name='jkircos']Just a quick trade in question.

How much do they give for Jade Empire and Advent Rising?[/QUOTE]$28 for Advent Rising. Not sure about Jade Empire.

[quote name='stoned99']Hmm, so does this mean I can buy 5 any price games and get 5 14.99 games for free, because that makes this deal hot!!![/QUOTE]

Wow. I'm always amazed at peoples thinking skills. Everytime there is a Buy 2 get 1 free deal, someone always thinks 'Well, I'll be buying these two Madden 2001's, and I'll take this $45 used game for free!!!!". Then there SHOCKED when we tell them it dosnt work. Whats the next bright thing they spew from their mouth "I wanna to speak to your manager!". Then I simply do a 360 and say, "How can I help you?"

has anyone had the luck of seeing a copy of Riveria at their local store??? also, does any GR employees have any word on if there are going to be new upcoming specials for the next couple weeks?

[quote name='rafissaying']has anyone had the luck of seeing a copy of Riveria at their local store??? also, does any GR employees have any word on if there are going to be new upcoming specials for the next couple weeks?[/QUOTE]

I was promptly LOL'ed when I asked this earlier, and was told that Gamerush gets no Atlus games regardless of system.

Hey, I don't know if it's been mentioned here or not yet. But I know all new GBA Videos are clearanced to $4.99 each. Not much of something that we would pick up but if you want kids these might be awesome for you.

our inside source at Gamerush in riverside, won't mention the store, but he's on vacation now anyway, well he says the trade in 2 games, get ONLY a pre-order for 29.99 starts at the end of july, I think the 29th..... the EXCLUSION will be they DO NOT take any games they sell for 6.99. You know what that means, stock up on those 5 free games you're getting now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back