Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

Need help choosing preorders for PS2. Trading in Psychonauts and Destroy All Humans for PS2, Conker and something else I dont want (need to decide later) for xbox. I was thinking of getting: Shadow of Colossus and another game I cant decide yet (please help). Is Spartan Total Warrior worth a look?

[quote name='Spartan.Sniper']I went in today unsure if they would let me preorder Xbox360 games. I got kinda worried when the manager walked in. But they did. It took them literally an hour to figure it out, but they got it and I got my games ordered.

I traded in:

Super Mario 64 DS- $8.00
Shinobi(PS2)-$5.00
Phantom Brave(PS2)-$10.00
Disaster Report(PS2)-$3.00
Giants Citizen Kabuto(PS2)-$3.00
Breakdown(XBOX)-$3.00
Animal Crossing(GC)-$8.00
Tony Hawks Underground 2(PSP)-$28.00
Metal Gear Acid(PSP)-$22.00
Zelda Link to the Past(GBA)-$6.00
River City Ransom(GBA)-$6.00
Tactics Ogre(GBA)-$9.00

I Preordered:

Kingdom Hearts 2(PS2)
Shadow of the Colossus(PS2)
Zelda Twilight Princess(GC)
Kameo(X360)
Ghost Recon 3(X360)
Saints Row(X360)

I paid them off in full. And, If you tell them to preorder Ghost Recon 3, they wont have it in their system. You have to say Tom Clancys Ghost Recon 3, thats what it's under. And with Zelda, you have to tell them Legend of Zelda.

I wish they had the Xbox360 in their system. Waiting is so hard.[/QUOTE]

For the trade 2 get 1 preorder deal: arent the games supposed to be worth at least $8 each to be valid? or is this a great YMMV?

[quote name='nakanenui']For the trade 2 get 1 preorder deal: arent the games supposed to be worth at least $8 each to be valid? or is this a great YMMV?[/QUOTE]

No they have to be games that Gamerush resell for at least $7.99. Basically it doesn't exclude much except bottom of the barrel cheapie stuff like the $1.50 titles.

Can anyone confirm whether you also get the trade credit for the games. Like say you trade in two games each worth $3 trade. Do they just get bumped up to 10 or do you also get the $6 trade in credit off the price too which would bring the preorder price to 23.99?

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Yes, your preorder would essentially become 23.99[/QUOTE]

Wait... you mean if I trade in two games that net $30 credit, the preorder is free?

[quote name='botticus']Wait... you mean if I trade in two games that net $30 credit, the preorder is free?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Well, you get charged sales tax on the game, so its around $32 for most of us.

Wow... that's what I get for never interacting with GR to know how they work. Here I've been thinking this deal is so-so at best. My entire world has changed.

So now I have to seriously look at the preorder lists. What are the odds that another preorder deal will pop up before November? (i.e. should I get Zelda, or get an earlier release and wait for another deal in the next four months to preorder Zelda?)

Edit: Read the OP again... "credit can still be applied to the $29.99" ... wow I'm slow.

[quote name='botticus']Wow... that's what I get for never interacting with GR to know how they work. Here I've been thinking this deal is so-so at best. My entire world has changed.

So now I have to seriously look at the preorder lists. What are the odds that another preorder deal will pop up before November? (i.e. should I get Zelda, or get an earlier release and wait for another deal in the next four months to preorder Zelda?)

Edit: Read the OP again... "credit can still be applied to the $29.99" ... wow I'm slow.[/QUOTE]

Heh. If you know about this about 3 to 4 months ago, you could've pre-ordered games for about $10-$15 out of your pocket. I miss those trade 3 get $5 more per game deal + trade 2 games and pre-order or buy a new game for $30 = double dip.

Oh, just go ahead and pre-order games you want now. You never know when GR will pull a stunt on us again. A lot of the future games are in the system now, so shouldn't really be a problem.

I got to pre-order Xbox360 games today. Although it is a YMMV, just throwing it out there as someone else on the board got it Preordered as well.

Has anybody been eyeing the EB games tradein deal of any 3 PO games for a new Gran Turismo 4? I'm thinking this might be a nice way to unload some cheap games FROM Gamerush and dump them on EB to kind of "flip" things from the way people have done it in the past. Might be a nice thing to do for Gamerush - use some of our credit to clear out some of their crappy games.

The Buy 2 get 1 free is perfect for this too. One qualifying game, apparently, is Turok for GC. That has got to be cheap at GR. I'm amazed it is PO at EB, but an employee there has confirmed it. Personally I'll wait till another CAG confirms that one before I buy a non-returnable used Turok though :D. I'm sure if we go through his lists there are some other good cheap GR games to use.

I certainly don't mind discussing this use of "flipping" here since it can only help GR... In fact, GR might want to run a special on cheapies like they did over 4th of July to help us out at EB :D.

How much does GR give for Gran Turismo 4, by the way? I've NEVER seen one used at mine, so I'm sure they'd appreciate a copy to sell.

Spartan.Sniper, you traded in Tactics Ogre GBA to GR for $9!?!? Wow, I would have given you twice that for it...I'm sure you would have got a better deal for it by putting it up on the CAG trading boards. :(

[quote name='botticus']Anyone find out the trade-in value for Metroid Prime 2?[/QUOTE]
It was getting 14 about 2 weeks ago when I traded mine in.

Is there still a valid table out there of the GR trade-in prices and their corresponding sell prices? For example, they give you $x for a used game, and then turn around and sell it for $y. Are those values still linked? I was trying to get an idea of whether certain games would be accepted for the current promotions without trudging into GR with a gigantic stack of games and asking one by one.

Just got back from pre-ordering Burnout: Revenge for the Xbox with the 2-for-1 pre-order deal that is going on.

Traded:

Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox): $18
SSX 3 (Xbox): $8

I'm curious about the price of this game though - it rang up $39.99, but ebgames.com says that it may or not be the finalized price.

Since both $39.99 and $49.99 are $29.99 in this current GR deal, I would think that this shouldn't be a problem though.

Trade in FOUR games: (ALL XBOS)
Crimson Skies - $7
Counterstrike - $8
Mercenaries - $18
Destroy All Humans - $35

Picked up Battlefield 2 & Star Wars BAttlefront 2 for XBOX

They would NOT let me get XBOX360 games....oh well

I noticed in another thread that Y's Ark of Naphistim for PSP is available for preorder from both Gamestop and EB for $29.99. I used the GR deal (last time) to preorder this because GR had it listed for $39.99. I wonder if I should cancel that preorder (assuming I get the right employee) and switch it to something else with the deal price (now that they have the barcode to scan!), and just buy that straight up with credit when it comes out. Can someone who goes into GR this week ask if the retail price has dropped to $29.99? Why this PSP title, of all the ones released so far, would be a "budget" title, I have no idea.

[quote name='io'] Why this PSP title, of all the ones released so far, would be a "budget" title, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Because the same exact game is already on ps2, and I don't think redrawing the sprites will get people to fork out another 39.99 for the game, or will get people who want Ys and have not yet purchased it to wait for the PSP version (Espically if the prices were the same).

I want Ys pretty badly, but knowing I'm saving 10 bucks on the PSP version and the changes going into it, i'm ok with waiting. If it was 39.99, I'd probably pass, though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Because the same exact game is already on ps2, and I don't think redrawing the sprites will get people to fork out another 39.99 for the game, or will get people who want Ys and have not yet purchased it to wait for the PSP version (Espically if the prices were the same).

I want Ys pretty badly, but knowing I'm saving 10 bucks on the PSP version and the changes going into it, i'm ok with waiting. If it was 39.99, I'd probably pass, though.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't pay $39.99 for it either, which is why I used the GR deal on it :D. With GR I've been spoiled into not paying over $30 for ANY game. It seems pretty confirmed at this point that it is a $29.99 title though. So I'll definitely switch it to, probably, Animal Crossing DS, then, if I can get the cool GR guy (the one who fixed my NCAA 2006 issue). No hurry on that - I'll just keep trying till I catch him in the store :D.

Goddamn It!

I just called GR and theyll only give me $11.25 for Ace Combat 5.
Isnt this game still new? When I called 2 weeks ago, it was $20! fuck!

They also said $8 for MOH - Rising Sun (GC)

Anyone thing these will go for more on the trade board?

Anyone know how much Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Box Set and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne fetch?

Traded Mercenaries and Advent Rising ($30) and preordered Madden (Xbox but they will let me change it to 360 for $10 additional). Some GR's are having an online Black Hawk Down tournament tomorrow (at 8:30 PM EDT for those interested), and are setting xbox systems on lcd screens for it. They let me play around for a bit, but there were only 3 others online at the time. They set up their Live accounts for it. The game comes out next week, but they got copies for this tournament.

[quote name='milmanias']Traded Mercenaries and Advent Rising ($30) and preordered Madden (Xbox but they will let me change it to 360 for $10 additional). Some GR's are having an online Black Hawk Down tournament tomorrow (at 8:30 PM EDT for those interested), and are setting xbox systems on lcd screens for it. They let me play around for a bit, but there were only 3 others online at the time. They set up their Live accounts for it. The game comes out next week, but they got copies for this tournament.[/QUOTE]

I wish my GR would let me do this....I think they will only give me $30 back for my game. I will check next time I go in....but they pretty much follow ALL the rules.

[quote name='saetia']Anyone know how much Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Deluxe Box Set and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne fetch?[/QUOTE]

saetia, if you're interested in getting rid of Digital Devil Saga Box Set, I'll buy it off of you. Send me a PM if you're interested, and we'll work something out.

Do the games have to have a TRADE IN VALUE of $7.99 or a USED RETAIL PRICE of $7.99? I was just rejected at my local GR because my games didn't have a trade in value of $7.99 (though they did have a preowned sale price of over that).

[quote name='skygunnerblue']Do the games have to have a TRADE IN VALUE of $7.99 or a USED RETAIL PRICE of $7.99? I was just rejected at my local GR because my games didn't have a trade in value of $7.99 (though they did have a preowned sale price of over that).[/QUOTE]

They have to have a used resale price of $7.99. The employee is just uninformed (not much of a surprise, since BB doesn't educate their employees very well). Try again with a different employee or try to explain the details of the deal to the same employee.

[quote name='Ravenous']Goddamn It!

I just called GR and theyll only give me $11.25 for Ace Combat 5.
Isnt this game still new? When I called 2 weeks ago, it was $20! fuck!

They also said $8 for MOH - Rising Sun (GC)

Anyone thing these will go for more on the trade board?[/QUOTE]

That games been out for like 9 months now dude.

[quote name='skygunnerblue']Do the games have to have a TRADE IN VALUE of $7.99 or a USED RETAIL PRICE of $7.99? I was just rejected at my local GR because my games didn't have a trade in value of $7.99 (though they did have a preowned sale price of over that).[/QUOTE]

I just KNOW that my GR is going to interpret the deal this way. Sure, I could probably argue my way out of it but just to save the hassle, I'll probably only trade things in that fetch $8 or more in trade credit. Then I don't have to deal with this problem... I have a KOF:MI and a few other CC games that need to get more than $10 anyway to make it worthwhile, so I shouldn't have a problem.

[quote name='io']I just KNOW that my GR is going to interpret the deal this way. Sure, I could probably argue my way out of it but just to save the hassle, I'll probably only trade things in that fetch $8 or more in trade credit. Then I don't have to deal with this problem... I have a KOF:MI and a few other CC games that need to get more than $10 anyway to make it worthwhile, so I shouldn't have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Just ask them to look at their GR Map, it has arrows clearing explaining this sale price to this trade in price.

[quote name='Engineer_J']Just ask them to look at their GR Map, it has arrows clearing explaining this sale price to this trade in price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but I think it draws a bit too much attention to myself if I go in there and tell them how to do their jobs (even if I do it nicely :D). I don't want to make out like I know *everything* about their deals. I have plenty of $8+ tradein value games to bring in, so I shouldn't have a problem. Also, since I'm going to try switching my Y's preorder for PSP to something else, I really don't need more than 2 or 4 games to trade in - and that's assuming they add some more stuff to the preorder lists soon. I was pretty much done with preordering from the lists I posted.

Now, if this deal *really* lasts through October then I'm sure more things will come along and if I have to, I'll get them to honor the $7.99 SALE value of the games. But I don't even know for sure my store is doing this - it's just a hunch based on past experience. I won't find out till Saturday.

Has anyone else found anything new in the preorder system? Any values for NHL 2005 (GC, Xbox, or PS2)? I'll find out Saturday if not.

I hate it when people ask questions that have been asked 100 times in a thread already. But, I read back a few pages and didn't see the answer, so I'm going to do it anyway:

Do you need the instruction manual to qualify for the "Trade 2, preorder for $29.99" deal?

[quote name='escapekey']I hate it when people ask questions that have been asked 100 times in a thread already. But, I read back a few pages and didn't see the answer, so I'm going to do it anyway:

Do you need the instruction manual to qualify for the "Trade 2, preorder for $29.99" deal?[/QUOTE]

most GR's will take disc only as a trade in, but it really is YMMV, as it really depends on the CSR ringing you up. Sometimes I have CSRs that dont check my games and just scan them, while others open and check the game and reject for little things.

Ok, Headed to Gr today for preorders. No luck on xbox 360 preorders.
trade-in value update:

SSR: Street racing syndica GC/XBOX $6 (wow, lost $5 for this cause I bot it from CC @9.99)
Nighmare of druaga $15.75
Unreal Championship 2 $18
Malice Xbox $8
Motor trend lotus challenge XBOX $6
Grand thef auto III XBOX $5
Grandtheft auto sandreas XBOX $30
Yu-gi-oh! duelist of the ros PS2 $7
freedom fighter PS2 $5
Bard's tale XBOX $12.25
Mortal kombat deception xbox regular ver $14
Jade empire $14"

They are pretty busy, Cannot help me to find out rest of the games' trade-in value.

Ping Pals DS
Ridge Racer DS
The gateway black monday PS2
Cabla's deerhunt 2005 season Xbox
Metal gear solid 3 snake eater ps2
Snk.vs capcom SVC chaos Xobx

Thanks

Anybody can help me

Traded in:

Destroy all Humans (Xbox) $35
GT4 (PS2) $30
Advent Rising (Xbox) $30
Burnout 3 (Xbox) $8

The store would only let me do 2 pre-order games. I was very irrated that the guy would not type in names of games for me like Black, Stubbs the Zombie and Okami. So instead I pre-ordered Bully (Xbox) and Dragon Quest 8 (PS2).

Just traded in NCAA March Madness 2005 (ps2), got $12.50! Also Pariah(xbox), got $32 for that one. Am I wrong or did that go up? Preordered Twilight Princess.

Wow, $32 for Pariah....it may be time to part ways with it. Fun game, multiplayer was ok...map-making was nice though...decisions decisions

[quote name='eraser813']Just traded in NCAA March Madness 2005 (ps2), got $12.50! Also Pariah(xbox), got $32 for that one. Am I wrong or did that go up? Preordered Twilight Princess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Pariah went up! And so did Advent Rising. I was going to trade Pariah but they only offered $26 the week after it came out. Instead I sold it on eBay for $40.

[quote name='jkircos']Traded in:

Destroy all Humans (Xbox) $35
GT4 (PS2) $30
Advent Rising (Xbox) $30
Burnout 3 (Xbox) $8

The store would only let me do 2 pre-order games. I was very irrated that the guy would not type in names of games for me like Black, Stubbs the Zombie and Okami. So instead I pre-ordered Bully (Xbox) and Dragon Quest 8 (PS2).[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to find out if Okami is in the system? It is on the list I posted, and I have preordered it... So you can preorder that next time! Good to see GT4 is getting $30 - I'm trading one in next time I go.

Traded in:

Xbox Malice : $8
PS2 King of Fighters Maximum Impact collector's edition : $18
(yes this is the $10 Circuit City one)

I've seen others in this thread say they got $16 and $13.75 for their KOF, so I'm not sure what's going on. I can tell you that the barcode on the outer case was scanned, and it came up as $18.

And I pre-ordered 24 for the PS2.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Traded in:

Xbox Malice : $8
PS2 King of Fighters Maximum Impact collector's edition : $18
(yes this is the $10 Circuit City one)

I've seen others in this thread say they got $16 and $13.75 for their KOF, so I'm not sure what's going on. I can tell you that the barcode on the outer case was scanned, and it came up as $18.

And I pre-ordered 24 for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

OK, GR is officially insane... I traded a KOF:MI in 2 weeks ago and they scanned the outer code at $16 and the game itself at $14. Why they would increase this (and some of the others) and drop things they have just makes no sense... But I still have another KOF:MI so I'll get the better price on one anyway. But this means I better check all the CC games again. Looks like SRS went from $12 to $6, which is a huge drop for GR. Yet KOF:MI goes up? Who knows what happened with some of the others!

[quote name='io']OK, GR is officially insane... I traded a KOF:MI in 2 weeks ago and they scanned the outer code at $16 and the game itself at $14. Why they would increase this (and some of the others) and drop things they have just makes no sense... But I still have another KOF:MI so I'll get the better price on one anyway. But this means I better check all the CC games again. Looks like SRS went from $12 to $6, which is a huge drop for GR. Yet KOF:MI goes up? Who knows what happened with some of the others![/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I think I will be trading my 4 games to Gamestop w/ extra 50%. No more games this gen I want to preorder, except for some $35 DS games I can PO later. I am just trying to save up for next generation. When does this deal end?

[quote name='eraser813']Just traded in NCAA March Madness 2005 (ps2), got $12.50! Also Pariah(xbox), got $32 for that one. Am I wrong or did that go up? Preordered Twilight Princess.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for giving the trade-in value of NCAA march madness 2005! I've been waiting for someone to give that...thanx very much!

[quote name='cyberlian']Is the trade 2 get 1 for $29 deal for preorders only this time[/QUOTE]
yeah, new games are not included this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back