Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='fillican']It says Harvest Moon Another Wonderful life[/QUOTE]

LOL nice, to bad that Waverace is $9.99 used online @ EB. Maybe it's cheaper in the store. If someone would've thought of this while HM traded high people could've exploited this. :cry: Assuming the upc had been changed to reflect HM at the time.

I must live near the best GameRush in the country, because mine is STILL doing the trade 2, get a preorder for $29.99 deal. I wasn't aware it had been stopped most places...

[quote name='Tecumseh!']I must live near the best GameRush in the country, because mine is STILL doing the trade 2, get a preorder for $29.99 deal. I wasn't aware it had been stopped most places...[/QUOTE]

See, I don't get this - just like the extra 25% trade-in bonus that they kept giving in some places WAY beyond the ending (are they still doing it?). My GR wasn't aware the deal ended and when they tried to do it the computer wouldn't let them - told them it expired... So how do they happily continue to do this at your GR, unless they are overriding it??

[quote name='io']See, I don't get this - just like the extra 25% trade-in bonus that they kept giving in some places WAY beyond the ending (are they still doing it?). My GR wasn't aware the deal ended and when they tried to do it the computer wouldn't let them - told them it expired... So how do they happily continue to do this at your GR, unless they are overriding it??[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling these might be franchises or something. Just like a lot of them are eliminating the whole no late fees thing, they might be able to run promotions like this for as long as they want.

[quote name='Darwin23']did you get to contact BB??? I was so upset the other night when I found a DDR Mario mix which they are selling for 49.99 and they wont convert it to 39.99. Their argument is that its not considered a game since there's a pad inside it. I told them i wanted to speak with the manager, but they told me to come back tomorrow coz' the manager already left.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any trouble getting it for $39.99...the employees made sure I got a gift card so I could save an extra $5 off that too. If you have to...buy it and take the receipt to another Game Rush to have it adjusted.

And even if you can't get it for $40...it's pretty stupid to leave it in the store considering that it goes for at least $100 on Ebay right now. If Wal-Mart or any other still had these at $50 I'd buy out all their stock.

screwed again...called yesterday and talked to the manager and asked if my copy of Gauntlet was in he said it was, went in today to pick it up and an employee sold it...

[quote name='h2dk']screwed again...called yesterday and talked to the manager and asked if my copy of Gauntlet was in he said it was, went in today to pick it up and an employee sold it...[/QUOTE]

Arrgghhh! WHY do they DO THAT! They have a box in the back that they keep preorders in but it seems they only get 1 out of 4 in there... We'll see if they sold my PopoloCrois (if they even got it) when I get back after Christmas. I had 2 or 3 employees there promise they would hold it for me. They were all "of course" like it goes without saying. Your story obviously confirms otherwise (as well as my Mario Kart problem)... Grrrrr...

So they never got in my King Kong (GCN) pre-order. They have a record of the pre-order on my account, but they don't show any copies in or coming in, and for whatever reason they couldn't just order a copy. I have gone in a few times to check and figure now that it has been a month, I will just pick something else, and the clerk asks me if I just want to get another game.

So I decide to pick another game, I pick out Stubbs the Zombie for XBOX. He starts to check me out then tells me my total is $20 something. I realize instantly what he did, he is saying since I got King Kong with the trade in offer, I have to make up the difference between the trade in 2 get a game for $30 and the $50 price tag. This is where it gets frustrating, if they would have had the game I pre-ordered I would have walked out of there no more money out of pocket, and the game I originally wanted. As it stands not only am I not getting the game I pre-ordered, I am not getting it a month later, and I have to pay $20 more for a game that costs the same price. He offers to sell it for $9 something saying that is the best he can do, like he is doing me a favor (now he is selling it for $40, the price all new games should be anyways). I continue to argue, until he finally relents saying he will do it just this once but never again, like he is really getting screwed in this. I really wanted to say something more but once he finally relented I decided to let it go.

I am sure I am not the only one to experience this, this isn't the first time I haven't gotten a pre-order either. I was frustrated enough at waiting a month and being told to check back for weeks, but this was just too much. What is the point of pre-ordering a game, it obviously means nothing (reminds me of Seinfeld at the car rental). I didn't make a big deal of them not getting my game, but I expected them to be somewhat concillatory since they made the mistake. I am strongly considering writing a letter to Blockbuster about this.

^^^^^^
They should have offered you the new game as an even swap, no problem. At a MINIMUM they should have let you put in another preorder (fully paid for even though they don't have the deal barcode any more). Since you used the preorder deal it kind of makes sense to let you get another preorder (plus it helps their store numbers). They did the latter for me even though they had to give me a credit to make it work (the game I didn't get was VJ for DS, which credited $40 and then he added $10 to the account to put in a new full-price preorder).

However, I have had other people at the same store in the past who were unable or unwilling to do anything about the difference in price. This happened when NCAA Football didn't come out for GC and the preorder deal was temporarily dead this summer. They insisted on crediting me $30 and then charging me $50 for the PS2 version. While they 'understood' why that wasn't fair, they said they would get in trouble for doing anything else. I just kept refusing until I got an employee (on another trip) who would do the swap with no hassle.

Hell, they also could have given you a $10 credit for inconvenience of not getting your preordered game, then applied that to the $40 for Stubbs (since as you noted all new games are $40) thus making it effectively an even swap - but covering themselves by making the $10 'gift' a customer service issue.

I'd just try it another time when a different employee is in. Unfortunately, at my GR they transferred the guy who could deal with all this stuff (and knew how to do all the GR trades/promos) to a regular BB. Now we have a bunch of newbies.

Anyone know how much RE4 cube fetch at GR.. I bought the used copy from them.. and TRU seem to have this for $9.99 new next week. so if i can score a new one i may just trade the used one at GR instead, thanx

[quote name='racthamp']Anyone know how much RE4 cube fetch at GR.. I bought the used copy from them.. and TRU seem to have this for $9.99 new next week. so if i can score a new one i may just trade the used one at GR instead, thanx[/QUOTE]

i called my BB (not a gamerush) and they give $19 for RE4 for gamecube, pikmin 2 gets $12

[quote name='Sulmona']i called my BB (not a gamerush) and they give $19 for RE4 for gamecube, pikmin 2 gets $12[/QUOTE]

thanx.. tough call... would i spend all those time to just get a new copy of RE4? hmmm i'll think about it.. if i'm there anyway..maybe i will otherwise.. probably not.. thanx... I love CAG.. people trying to help each other out...:)

Thanks for the new 360 games....MLB 2K6 may be interesting since it's the ONLY baseball game (I don't think EA is releasing the college baseball game for 360...which sucks)
along with Battlefield2. Still wish they would get Dead Rising.

Well... I had a new one. I preordered Mario Strikers. I went to pick it up this weekend, and they had no record of my preordering it (they were able to pull up my account, but only show the Zelda preorder and the Incredibles game that came out a month ago that they still don't have in). Of course, they were also sold out. And to top it off, my receipt is one of the ones printed in disappearing ink. Could just barely make out the store address and the game on the receipt.

The BlockBuster-side person was at a loss at what to do. He got the GameRush guy to help, who jotted down some information and said he'd put a note on the account. I have no idea what that's going to do for me - I don't think I've ever seen them reorder games they sell out. It doesn't sound like he's going to put an order in, just a note to let me pick it up without paying for it.

I really don't want to trek to that store this week, but I really should check the account while it's fresh in their memory. I'll probably cancel both preorders and put the credit on my card - this store, while nice, just doesn't seem on top of things.

Unless another decent deal or disproportionate trade comes along, I think I'll be limiting my visits.

[quote name='jkanownik']My $5 offer still stands.Somebody has got to be able to tell me how I can turn $40 into $80 using the TRU sale.[/QUOTE]

buy low SELL HIGH!

BTW I pm'ed you that the 1st time you posted this and you still haven't paid me! :bomb:

[quote name='jkanownik']My $5 offer still stands.Somebody has got to be able to tell me how I can turn $40 into $80 using the TRU sale.[/QUOTE]

Do this:

Purchase 8 Dragon Ball Z: Sagas for $5 each = $40 plus tax

Sell 8 Dragon Ball Z: Sagas at Gamerush for $12 each = $96 plus tax

In New York, you'll make about $60 extra credit.

I know that that is more than you specifically asked for, but I hope I still win the $5

Okay, this works almost exactly:

6 Dragon Ball Z: Sagas nets $42 profit.
$12 donation to me means you've turned $40 into $80

By the way, if RE4 GC drops to $10, you can sell it at Gamerush for $19.
Also Fatal Frame 2 gets $12, costs $10.

Between all of these, you could probably get the figure to be exactly the profit you need.

Also, King Kong ($20 at BB) get $30 at GR

I went today to pick up my reserved Gauntlet. Well they said it didn't come out yet. Same old BS everytime I had to wait a month after release to get the matrix. I am never reserving there again I am tired of this BS of them not getting in games till a month after they come out.

[quote name='kojubat']Well... I had a new one. I preordered Mario Strikers. I went to pick it up this weekend, and they had no record of my preordering it (they were able to pull up my account, but only show the Zelda preorder and the Incredibles game that came out a month ago that they still don't have in). Of course, they were also sold out. And to top it off, my receipt is one of the ones printed in disappearing ink. Could just barely make out the store address and the game on the receipt.

The BlockBuster-side person was at a loss at what to do. He got the GameRush guy to help, who jotted down some information and said he'd put a note on the account. I have no idea what that's going to do for me - I don't think I've ever seen them reorder games they sell out. It doesn't sound like he's going to put an order in, just a note to let me pick it up without paying for it.

I really don't want to trek to that store this week, but I really should check the account while it's fresh in their memory. I'll probably cancel both preorders and put the credit on my card - this store, while nice, just doesn't seem on top of things.

Unless another decent deal or disproportionate trade comes along, I think I'll be limiting my visits.[/QUOTE]

So did you actually find a receipt for the game, I have had this happen a couple of times but I can't find the receipt. I'm waiting for a response for BB corporate for my account history. I was so sure I had preorder Kameo, and it wasn't in my account.

Still waiting on the answer as to where I can get the DBZ for $5. If I can find 6 copies, then theeipi gets the $5. As I have also found an alternative solution, I no longer need anymore. I had to pick up my G:SS preorder, so I checked a few trade in values:

RE 4 (GC) - $19
Pikmin 2 (GC) - $12
Psychonauts (PS2) - $24 (BINGO, we have a winner!)

Thanks for the effort. I hope the knowledge can be used by all to stick it to GR!

P.S. $hady can suck it.

Might want to check dynasty warriors 5 and romance X credit values - seems like that might still draw a godo $ they both sell used for 44.99 last week at least

Dave

GR is notorious for not having up to date pricing on their merch. best thing to do, even though its annoying to both self and csr, is to price check stuff.

now to find cheap copies of psychonauts in the next day before they change tradeinprices.

[quote name='jkanownik']Still waiting on the answer as to where I can get the DBZ for $5. If I can find 6 copies, then theeipi gets the $5. As I have also found an alternative solution, I no longer need anymore. I had to pick up my G:SS preorder, so I checked a few trade in values:

RE 4 (GC) - $19
Pikmin 2 (GC) - $12
Psychonauts (PS2) - $24 (BINGO, we have a winner!)

Thanks for the effort. I hope the knowledge can be used by all to stick it to GR!

P.S. $hady can suck it.[/QUOTE]

Don't be mad at Shady he is just an asshole. He always been that way and will tell you that in a heartbeat so don't pay him any attention.

[quote name='stoned99']So did you actually find a receipt for the game, I have had this happen a couple of times but I can't find the receipt. I'm waiting for a response for BB corporate for my account history. I was so sure I had preorder Kameo, and it wasn't in my account.[/QUOTE]

He says right there in his post that he has his receipt, but it is one of the ones with the disappearing ink.

They couldn't find one of my games I preordered back in march. Luckily I asked him if she was sure... Twice.

[quote name='$hady']Where do you find the DBZ game for $5?[/QUOTE]

Arg! I was in a meeting, I still should have gotten the $5 because Pyschonauts CANNOT be purchased for $9.99 until Thursday.

Technically, the DBZ plan works NOW, but you're alternative won't work for two more days!

The game is $5 at TRU, that was the original challenge! In this week's circular, all dragonballz games are $5 off, and that game is clearanced at 9.99! I bought 10 copies at my TRU and there were still at least 10 left!

So, technically, I still won the challenge! Thanks though...

[quote name='nakanenui']here is a nice challenge... how to use credit to build credit. game on.[/QUOTE]

Usually you can do that right at a Blockbuster without leaving the store (okay, they do actually make you leave the store.)

Small example: Most wanted games, they sell for 44.99-25% = 32.75 but buy for $35.00. Small profit, I know.

Occaisonally, there are some big ones....exact rendering follows.

EB Games had a buy 2, get 1 free deal a few weeks ago, so I picked up used copy of Dead to Rights 2 ($17.99 in credit), having already purchased the last one at both TRU and Media Play.

When I traded it in at Blockbuster, a new employee was being trained.

Old employee: See this here, $20, that is where it shows how much credit we give. This here, $14.99, this is what we sell it at. That's odd, we sell it at a loss.

Me (jokingly): In that case, I'll buy it back and sell it to you again.

Old employee: We can't see you these, but if there are any on the shelves, you can buy those and trade them in tomorrow.

I promptly went and purchased the two copies on the shelf (labeled 44.99) for 14.99 - 25% or 11.25 each.

The next day when I entered the store, I had the trainee guy wait on me. Exact conversation, I kid you not:

New employee: Wierd, we give you $20, but we sell it for $14.99. Odd we sell it at a loss.

Me (jokingly): In that case, I'll buy it back and sell it to you again.

New employee: I can't see you these, but if you see another, I think you can buy it.

At that point, I returned to the rack and bought the one I had sold back previously, again for 11.25 in credit.

At this point, after making about $9 per transaction, I felt guilty yet mildly amused by the prospect of supporting myself basically through one game. I waited a few days, and when I returned, the game only got $6.00. I thought of returning it for 11.25 credit when I realized it was the same copy from the EB Games, complete with sticker and game in the yellow CD case. So, I went back to EB Games and got the $17.99 credit back.

I have other slim margin credit-> credit stories, like the time I cleared out all the surrounding stores of PS1's and N64's. I could get a system and 3 non POX games for about $40 credit, and EBGAMES offered $50 at the time. It was slow, and slightly embarassing, but I got my EB XBOX preorder off of about $250 in Gamestop Credit.

Got a Bunch of Trade in Prices from the $10 Toys R Us Sale:

Tekken 5-$10
Sid Meiers Pirates-$12
(PS2) Psychonauts-$24
Resident Evil 4-$19
(PSP) Dead 2 Rights- $18
(XBOX) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-$19
(PS2) Metal Slug 4 and 5-$13.50
(XBOX) Area 51- $12
Doom 3-$6
Darkstalkers-$12.50
Rengoku-$18

I am hoping my Toys R Us has copies of Psychonauts, Dead 2 Rights, Rengoku, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Resident Evil 4.

Does anyone know if I can use my store credit to buy Blockbuster gift cards? I figure it'd be a nice present to give my mailman, for having to carry so many CAG game boxes up the stairs to my door all year long. Thanks.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Does anyone know if I can use my store credit to buy Blockbuster gift cards? I figure it'd be a nice present to give my mailman, for having to carry so many CAG game boxes up the stairs to my door all year long. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I believe you can, because I've been able to transfer my gift card earnings to a new one. However, you won't be able to get the extra $5 for every $50 gift card deal.

Thanks, aaa. Honestly, I know nothing about the gift card deal, so that's no biggie. And besides, I think by law mailmen can't take gifts valued about $20.

[quote name='flashburn']He says right there in his post that he has his receipt, but it is one of the ones with the disappearing ink.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Thank you. :)

Thanks...I may have to check out a TRU on the 22nd to see if they have these prices.

I don't think anyone will "make a killing" with these deals as stated above, but my credit was starting to dwindle.

Thanks!

well MrLee from dvdtalk post that BB will have 50% off on Dec 23/24 for everything used game and movies.. sound interesting if it's true...

[quote name='cdeener']Don't be mad at Shady he is just an asshole. He always been that way and will tell you that in a heartbeat so don't pay him any attention.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes i am! :wave:

[quote name='aaa']Got a Bunch of Trade in Prices from the $10 Toys R Us Sale:

Tekken 5-$10
Sid Meiers Pirates-$12
(PS2) Psychonauts-$24
Resident Evil 4-$19
(PSP) Dead 2 Rights- $18
(XBOX) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-$19
(PS2) Metal Slug 4 and 5-$13.50
(XBOX) Area 51- $12
Doom 3-$6
Darkstalkers-$12.50
Rengoku-$18

I am hoping my Toys R Us has copies of Psychonauts, Dead 2 Rights, Rengoku, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Resident Evil 4.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :bouncy:

[quote name='racthamp']well MrLee from dvdtalk post that BB will have 50% off on Dec 23/24 for everything used game and movies.. sound interesting if it's true...[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that, especially on games. If its true though, I will be picking up ANY xbox 360 game I can, and maybe some xbox games.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks...I may have to check out a TRU on the 22nd to see if they have these prices.

I don't think anyone will "make a killing" with these deals as stated above, but my credit was starting to dwindle.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The only game that you can really make a killing on is Psychonauts. I have just under $100 in credit. My goal is to make $100 cash into $200 credit. Hopefully I can.

Ok well I'm too lazy to read thru 300+ posts to see if it is mentioned, but I thought it might deserve to be mentioned again. The San Dimas/Glendora, CA GameRush (on Arrow Hwy) is selling Halo 2 regular edition new for $9.99. I didnt trade in anything but these are the prices of games I got:

Doom 3 Collector's Edition - $14.99
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (XB) - $14.99
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (XB) - $14.99

Of couse with 25% off it's not too bad.

[quote name='aaa']The only game that you can really make a killing on is Psychonauts. I have just under $100 in credit. My goal is to make $100 cash into $200 credit. Hopefully I can.[/QUOTE]

I would just like to point out that $10 into $24 is the same thing as $5 into $12

That is the current buy at TRU sell at GR price for DBZ:Sagas
(on sale 9.99, then $5 off all dragonballz games in their flier.)

The better thing is, that it is running now

[quote name='theeipi']I would just like to point out that $10 into $24 is the same thing as $5 into $12

That is the current buy at TRU sell at GR price for DBZ:Sagas
(on sale 9.99, then $5 off all dragonballz games in their flier.)

The better thing is, that it is running now[/QUOTE]

i would just like to point out that if the profit margin is the same (return vs investment) then it would be easier to do the psychonauts vs the dbz due to less inventory needed to sell to make your target profit. especially when they limit you to 2 trades per title per day, and various takes on flipping and what not. less inventory means less stores you need to visit.

edit: didnt take into consideration about dbz deal going on now, vs waiting a bit on psychonauts and risking a price drop on trade in.

[quote name='nakanenui']i would just like to point out that if the profit margin is the same (return vs investment) then it would be easier to do the psychonauts vs the dbz due to less inventory needed to sell to make your target profit. especially when they limit you to 2 trades per title per day, and various takes on flipping and what not. less inventory means less stores you need to visit.

edit: didnt take into consideration about dbz deal going on now, vs waiting a bit on psychonauts and risking a price drop on trade in.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be so defensive...it's just that I REALLY wanted the $5 paypal!

Now I just need to remember my paypal id! I've never actually used it, although I still have about $10 in it from 5 years ago when i signed up. I got $5 free for signing up, and $5 for referring a friend! Lol.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Thanks, aaa. Honestly, I know nothing about the gift card deal, so that's no biggie. And besides, I think by law mailmen can't take gifts valued about $20.[/QUOTE]

Just to verify, you can use trade-in credit for gift cards. Good gift idea for those who we don't often think of this Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back