Gamestop 4 for $20 Preowned Games Sale 2/29-3/20

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
There's the list.

5i2a4Cy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW just tried to pick up a copy of golf club for Xbox that was showing in stock. Ask an associate of they had it and he said yes. The other employee chimed in and said no they didn't and then proceeded to mumble something to the other one.

FWIW just tried to pick up a copy of golf club for Xbox that was showing in stock. Ask an associate of they had it and he said yes. The other employee chimed in and said no they didn't and then proceeded to mumble something to the other one.
Dirty. If you want it bad enough, I'd question him about it on the spot. If he can't give me an answer, I'm talking to the manager

I would of done a search on my phone to see if it still showed up in stock in store first. I usually tell the employees I know the manager of their store as well if they don't seem to want to cooperate with me (which is true for me, I've known a guy  who has worked at EB Games/GameStop the last 14 years).

I would of done a search on my phone to see if it still showed up in stock in store first. I usually tell the employees I know the manager of their store as well if they don't seem to want to cooperate with me (which is true for me, I've known a guy who has worked at EB Games/GameStop the last 14 years).
I take it a step further and mention District Manager, they tend to cooperate after that.

Does anyone know if the trade limit is 3 or 4 copies for each game?? I did 3 trades of Golf Club for both systems but I'd push it to the limit if people have done 4 of one game in the past & didn't get banned. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

these same games would be 4 for 10 at gamestop next month.

u just have to wait til than.

new flyer incoming.

but even if its 4 for 10... we are just buying to add to our backlog.

True,but some of those games will not be at a gamestop within 100 miles of you on the next 4 for 10 special. If it's something you want it's best to get it now instead of risking it being out of stock the next time a special comes around.
those same games been on the same type of sale for the last 12 months ... or longer.

either 4 for $10 or 4 for $20. literally its the same list. gamestop just copied and paste. than hit the print button.

and idk how to use the quote system so epic fail on my part.

Pretty sure two of the three Ratchet and Clank games havent been on the list. Theyve probably been on the 4 for 20 list, but not the 4 for 10 list.

Dirty. If you want it bad enough, I'd question him about it on the spot. If he can't give me an answer, I'm talking to the manager
I had previously made sure it was in stock there from the internet. But I was in a big hurry between appointments so hassling was out of the question. a followup to FWIW as I left I was able to put two hold/pickup requests for it in the system. No confirmation email of it being completed tho. I could have called up there at that point and called them a bunch of liars, lol. But I was in a rush

I had previously made sure it was in stock there from the internet. But I was in a big hurry between appointments so hassling was out of the question. a followup to FWIW as I left I was able to put two hold/pickup requests for it in the system. No confirmation email of it being completed tho. I could have called up there at that point and called them a bunch of liars, lol. But I was in a rush
Something like this happened to me as well. I put two hold requests for The Golf Club game for both systems at a store. Two hours later, I received an email that neither could be fulfilled. I went to the store an hour after the email was sent and saw they had at least two of the game for each system. What's up with that, Gamestop?

I went in the first place to trade a Redbox copy of Xbox State of Decay. As the guy took it and I was looking around to see if they indeed did have Golf Club, he was saying something to his coworker about going to Redbox to pick up some games then trading them in for profit, loud enough that I and the entire store could hear. I grinned at him and said "Could I buy these four copies of The Golf Club, please?"

Anyone sure if the 4 for 10 specials will return? I have notice a slight increase in the regular price of used games. Maybe their just doing that to cover their losses on the specials? For example I picked up battlefield 2 for 99 cents a couple of months ago and now it is $4.96.

I suspect those of you having trouble tracking Golf Clubs in stock are seeing items that show up because they were traded in, but haven't been put on the floor yet. I had a similar situation and saw it sitting in a stack of trade-ins. Someone else in DFW knows what's up.

I suspect those of you having trouble tracking Golf Clubs in stock are seeing items that show up because they were traded in, but haven't been put on the floor yet. I had a similar situation and saw it sitting in a stack of trade-ins. Someone else in DFW knows what's up.
In my case, the Golf Clubs showed up in stock online and also all 4 game cases were out on the floor already when I got there. Doubt it was because it had been traded in within the last hour, but I can see that happening in other situations maybe.

Seriously guys? You really think people get their jollies at being bad at their job?

Your not the center of the universe that GameStop is out to get you.

The fact that you lie about manager/ district and literally threaten their job is just sickening.

I really hope people who come to your work aren't dicks like you are, no one deserves to be treated like this cause you want to do whatever you want with video games you purchase from them.

Prices went down on golf club. I was able to save the11 dollar quote. do they usually honor a higher quote right after a price drop.

ehhhh as a thank-you??? u know blackbeard is doing all of us the greatest service right? i will like his spreadsheet posts whenever i get a chance
Yes of course I know that. I don't have a PHD or anything but I understand that he is helping a lot of people out with those numbers. I guess I forgot to put a :) at the end of my post to show that I wasn't serious.

Yes of course I know that. I don't have a PHD or anything but I understand that he is helping a lot of people out with those numbers. I guess I forgot to put a :) at the end of my post to show that I wasn't serious.
I could tell without the :) but posted it just in case someone bought the boomerangs the night before and had not traded them in yet.

Decided to grab some more games to complete certain series/add to my backlog. 2 of em were from yesterday's buying/flipping. All complete in box:

Diablo III 360

Borderlands 360 (completing the series)

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One PS3 (completing the series)

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition PS3 (own standard edition on 360 but completed series on PS3)

Yesterday's grabs:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PS3 (already own/spare copy to gift)

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition PS3 (own both stand alone releases on PS3 & Episodes from Liberty City on 360 but couldn't resist having em all on 1 disc)

All in all this has been a great sale for me. I racked up in the past on old titles from previous 4 for $10 & 4 for $20 sales. Between all the flips (Michael Jackson: The Experience Wii, both Golf Clubs, etc.) a lot of these games were free. Might go to another GameStop tmrw & get 4 more games.

Even though the deal is dead, its still not that bad.

If you are actually interested in playing the Golf Club like I am, it comes out to being a $5 game.

I used 20 in gs credit and turned it into $15 cash and Golf Club PS4 to keep.  Good deal if you ask me!

If you are actually interested in playing the Golf Club like I am, it comes out to being a $5 game.

I used 20 in gs credit and turned it into $15 cash and Golf Club PS4 to keep. Good deal if you ask me!
I don't know... I know a lot of us are spoiled, but when you think about it, $5 a game isn't bad at all. It's not as good as $1 a game, but its still good, considering many of us paid $60 for these same games on release. I may actually go back and grab some more games if I can figure out something to pair with Red Dead Redemption and wait for it to go BC.

I used 20 in gs credit and turned it into $15 cash and Golf Club PS4 to keep. Good deal if you ask me!
Is the golf club a great golf game? PS3 tiger woods was good

Decided to grab some more games to complete certain series/add to my backlog. 2 of em were from yesterday's buying/flipping. All complete in box:

Diablo III 360

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition PS3 (own standard edition on 360 but completed series on PS3)

Yesterday's grabs:

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition PS3 (own both stand alone releases on PS3 & Episodes from Liberty City on 360 but couldn't resist having em all on 1 disc)

All in all this has been a great sale for me. I racked up in the past on old titles from previous 4 for $10 & 4 for $20 sales. Between all the flips (Michael Jackson: The Experience Wii, both Golf Clubs, etc.) a lot of these games were free. Might go to another GameStop tmrw & get 4 more games.
GTA complete was never on the list before. Still, all great pickups. Was thinking of Batman Arkham City, but want GOTY to be on the list

Ended up grabbing these PS3 games:

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
MLB 14: The Show

Diablo III 360

Yesterday's grabs:

Btw, Walmart sells Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance with Soundtrack on PS3 for $4.21 new, in case u wanna gift MGR in a nicer/new package lol tho having Walmart plastered on the box doesn't look too nice lol

Picked up (2) Diablo III (360), Need For Speed: The Run, and Mass Effect 3. Hopefully the girl can get into one of these games. We tried out Borderlands 2 and the struggle with aiming is an issue.

Anyone know if South Park CE for xbox 360 or ps3 price drop? Was thinking of picking it up (its not part of the B1G2)

Anyone know which is better? Xbox 360 or PS3? FYI also have a xbox one, but not sure if it can be played on it.

Picked up Exerbeat CIB (kinda shock to see its complete), Phantasy Star Zero cart only (Got the CIB long ago when they were throwing it away), and Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light. Now, the plastic with the tag is correct, but didnt notice until later it was Final Fantasy IV. Anyone know how it is? Yes, I played FF2 on SNES.

We Cheer Disc only, monster tales ds CIb, and Gunpey DS cart only. Never heard of Gunpey, but looks like a pretty cool puzzle game. Something different.

Not only did the TIV tank but Golf Club is no longer on the list for 4 for $20. It was part of the group of four I was buying today and the deal wasn't activating. Guy working looked at the list that was at the register and we realized it wasn't on there.

Anyone know if South Park CE for xbox 360 or ps3 price drop? Was thinking of picking it up (its not part of the B1G2)
Anyone know which is better? Xbox 360 or PS3? FYI also have a xbox one, but not sure if it can be played on it.
I'm currently playing through South Park on Xbox One, the game is hilarious.

On the list it has golf club for ps3/360 but looking on the website there are only ps4/xb1 versions. Is that a typo or is it so bad they dont sell it on the website anymore?
never came out on those systems. And, good luck getting them to honor the X1/PS4 versions if they didn't bother putting up signature. Got told it wasn't on the list because they printed a list of in stock eligible games so of course it doesn't say the golf club on it

Not only did the TIV tank but Golf Club is no longer on the list for 4 for $20. It was part of the group of four I was buying today and the deal wasn't activating. Guy working looked at the list that was at the register and we realized it wasn't on there.
If they printed one out themselves from their computers it'll only show eligible games in stock at that store. Need signage and manager override and some hope

Ya, The Golf Club (actually wanted the game) being eligible is dead.

Anyways, i want to point out that Destiny The Taken King Legendary Edition is a part of this deal, not just the regular Destiny. This was for the PS4 version. 

I went ahead and picked up Project Sylpheed on the 360 since it was only $1 and complete too.

bread's done
Back