GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was grabbing some games from the promo and decided to also get Dragon Age 2 (not in the promo) with the $3 off kongregate coupon... I pick a regular case, bring it to the counter... the clerk comes back with a  different case... boom, new signature edition  :whee: 

Went back today and picked up:

:360: Velvet Assassin (swapped the one I bought, crack on the inner part)

:360: The Outfit

:ps3: Virtua Fighter 4

:ps3: Rainbow Six Vegas (have the 2nd one)

:ps3: White Knight Chronicles (want the disc version)

Still debating whether to pick up Science Papa (a lot of people have mentioned it), Brink Duke Nukem? thoughts?

duke if you want a old school shooter is ok (ps3 version has horrid load times). just keep your expectations next to nothing and you are good. brink is one of my canadates for the worst current gen game award

went to gamestop and picked up resistance 3 and medal of honor and the game came with box and manuals i'm actually quite pleased as i hadn't buyed used in a long time. also tried to buy alone in the dark ps3 but it wasn't available. also first person to quote this post get  an online pass for resistance 3 as the original pass was unused. 

i have played a ton of games this gen, trust me lol. remember in the end not everyone is going to like the same game .... unless its the last of us, by god that was amazing :D
except every time i see you bring up brink in a thread it's with an opinion of how the game was before it got patched. it was an overhyped trainwreck at launch but brink with the patch is a tolerable shooter that's ok for a few bucks. there's a good chunk of this list that's outright worse.

Still debating whether to pick up Science Papa (a lot of people have mentioned it)
Can't help but think of this VGCats comic when Science Papa is mentioned, it took Activition to push it in that direction. I guess the original creators wanted to keep Mama in the kitchen / garden / nursery instead...

Though I haven't played it, for $1.50 it isn't much of a risk either way, I say go for it.

Any outstanding recommendations for the following?

:ps3:

Mindjack

Damnation

Timeshift

X-Blades

Dark Void

:wii:

Red Steel 2

I'm on the fence since I've heard they're not very impressive (flaws in either gameplay or experience), plus I've got a back-log...

TIA

went to gamestop and picked up resistance 3 and medal of honor and the game came with box and manuals i'm actually quite pleased as i hadn't buyed used in a long time. also tried to buy alone in the dark ps3 but it wasn't available. also first person to quote this post get an online pass for resistance 3 as the original pass was unused.
I will take it please

I bought six games last time during the 3 for $10. Some games like Heavenly Sword I couldn't really enjoy enough to beat it, especially with recent games like Prototype ($5 BBY GCU new) and DmC ($13 GF incoming). This was certainly not an intelligent purchase for me, kicking myself. Hats off to you guys who could endure through games like Dark Void.

Any outstanding recommendations for the following?

Mindjack

Damnation

Timeshift

X-Blades

Dark Void

:wii:

Red Steel 2

I'm on the fence since I've heard they're not very impressive (flaws in either gameplay or experience), plus I've got a back-log...

TIA
Red Steel 2 is excellent, and possibly the best use of Wii Motion Plus outside of Wii Sports Resort. The story is nothing to write home about, but the gameplay is top notch and extremely satisfying, not to mention the cell shaded art style looks fantastic especially given the limitations of the Wii. I had a blast playing it and highly recommend it, even more so at this price :)

PS: I actually wrote a full review if anyone cares, though I apologize for the awful formatting, I've made some changes to margins and it didn't carry over correctly.

except every time i see you bring up brink in a thread it's with an opinion of how the game was before it got patched. it was an overhyped trainwreck at launch but brink with the patch is a tolerable shooter that's ok for a few bucks. there's a good chunk of this list that's outright worse.
Agreed I liked Brink. Yea it wasnt amazing but it was completely fine and wasnt laggy online when I played it. Actually liked it enough to permanently own a like new copy. Between the 450 games Ive played this gen I would not put it at the bottom. There are far worse.

Red Steel 2 is excellent, and possibly the best use of Wii Motion Plus outside of Wii Sports Resort. The story is nothing to write home about, but the gameplay is top notch and extremely satisfying, not to mention the cell shaded art style looks fantastic especially given the limitations of the Wii. I had a blast playing it and highly recommend it, even more so at this price :)

PS: I actually wrote a full review if anyone cares, though I apologize for the awful formatting, I've made some changes to margins and it didn't carry over correctly.
Thanks for your review! It sounds like I need to invest in a Motion+ controller (I only recently picked up a used Wii w/out Motion+ controllers).

Thanks for your review! It sounds like I need to invest in a Motion+ controller (I only recently picked up a used Wii w/out Motion+ controllers).
No problem, always glad to turn people on to games I enjoyed ^_^

In regards to Motion+, assuming you have standard wii remotes you can just get a dongle to plug into the bottom for very cheap. A new one on amazon is currently available for $12 w/ FSSS, and if you hunt around a bit it's not that hard to find cheaper used ones as well.

Picked up:

:360:

Stormrise

MGS4

I'm new to ps3, what's it mean if the front of the case looks "black label" but it has a red ps3 on the side?

So if the case is clear and black on the front, and it has a red PS3 square on the side, that's the "original" case?

360 is my main console and I'm just now getting a ps3 to play, I'm not gonna bother with finding original cases, but would just like to know if I have them. As long as they aren't generic I'm ok.

I picked up Uncharted 2, GoW 3, and Infamous today too and they're all clear except the guy gave me a GOTY copy of Uncharted 2 (which is a red case)

Picked up:

:ps3: God of War Collection ~ $4

:ps3: KILLZONE 2 ~ $3

:ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ~$3

Tried to use Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon, but it wouldn't stack with the 50% off.

Yes I believe so. Just to clarify what games did you get? Are they fairly old games?
4 all together, first PS3 games I've ever purchased.

From the sale:

MGS4 (Clear case with only the red ps3 design on the side)

Others;
Uncharted 2 (GOTY, red case)

God of War 3 (Clear case, all black)

Infamous (Clear case, red ps3 design on the side, and no manual :cry:)

4 all together, first PS3 games I've ever purchased.

From the sale:

MGS4 (Clear case with only the red ps3 design on the side)

Others;
Uncharted 2 (GOTY, red case)

God of War 3 (Clear case, all black)

Infamous (Clear case, red ps3 design on the side, and no manual :cry:)
Yes I believe MGS4 and Infamous are in the older style ps3 cases. While uncharted 2 is the "greatest hits" case that everyone here seems to hate. God of War 3 is newer and has the new black ps3 style cases that say PS3 sideways on the side. If that makes sense.

The old cases say PS3 like this:

PS

Anyways I myself want MGS4 but I am hoping the legacy collection hits $25 and thats when I will grab it. Regardless good haul!

Yeah, I thought I did pretty good. I only want exclusives for the PS3, and I used my B2G1 free coupon for renewing my PUR membership on the 3 besides MGS.

Like I said, as long as I have complete cases for the ps3 games, I'm fine, especially since it seems like PS has way more GH versions than 360.

For the 360 I keep it original only, no PH cases or generic.

My only bad experience about going to Gamestop today though was:

"Hi, online it said you had copies of MGS4, I couldn't find any though, could you see if you have it?"

"Yeah, which system did you want it for?"

Yeah, I thought I did pretty good. I only want exclusives for the PS3, and I used my B2G1 free coupon for renewing my PUR membership on the 3 besides MGS.

Like I said, as long as I have complete cases for the ps3 games, I'm fine, especially since it seems like PS has way more GH versions than 360.

For the 360 I keep it original only, no PH cases or generic.

My only bad experience about going to Gamestop today though was:

"Hi, online it said you had copies of MGS4, I couldn't find any though, could you see if you have it?"

"Yeah, which system did you want it for?"
I had a similar thing happen when I preordered Beyond Two Souls. She asked PS3 or XBOX? :rofl:

Anyways I only play exclusives on PS3 or games I loved so much I want to play them twice for the trophies. 360 is my main platform but I love both. Especially the VITA. If only Microsoft had a nice handheld haha.

Picked up Enslaved and The Darkness for 360 even though I already have them for PS3. I really can't recommend them enough, especially Enslaved, which is one of my favorite games this generation.

dude dont worry about this black label red label nonsense, its not going to make your mgs cost a bajillion dollars.
My collections have nothing to do with monetary value, it's all personal preference

I was just curious about ps3 games since I'm brand new to them

went to gamestop and picked up resistance 3 and medal of honor and the game came with box and manuals i'm actually quite pleased as i hadn't buyed used in a long time. also tried to buy alone in the dark ps3 but it wasn't available. also first person to quote this post get an online pass for resistance 3 as the original pass was unused.
does resistance 3 have a patch for that uninstall bug the game has ? ive been afraid to delete it cause of that lol

I bought Hotshots Golf and Wipeout Vita for my son but am putting them away as stocking stuffers.  Anybody know how long the online pass codes on GS receipts are good for?  Do I have to worry about them expiring?  Thx.

Had to exchange my copy of :ps3: homefront as my copy couldn't install and picked up lair as well.

For the life of me, I couldn't find a complete copy of :ps3: bionic commando or :wii: red steel

My collections have nothing to do with monetary value, it's all personal preference

I was just curious about ps3 games since I'm brand new to them

Couldn't you figure it out for yourself? Sometimes I think people pretend to not know anything just so they can get people on this site to respond to them. At least I hope they are pretending. Either way its a sad state of affairs

Couldn't you figure it out for yourself? Sometimes I think people pretend to not know anything just so they can get people on this site to respond to them. At least I hope they are pretending. Either way its a sad state of affairs
I don't see why it matters that I ask. I have absolutely no idea and google images wasn't helpful.

There are several different cases so I wasn't sure which was which unless they were obviously marked GH versions.

I'm not pretending not to know, I literally didn't know.

Couldn't you figure out that your post is pointless and unnecessary unless you actually answer his question? Sometimes I think people pretend to not know just so they can vent/ get some attention. At least I hope they are pretending. Either way it is a sad state of affairs

I don't see why it matters that I ask. I have absolutely no idea and google images wasn't helpful.

There are several different cases so I wasn't sure which was which unless they were obviously marked GH versions.

I'm not pretending not to know, I literally didn't know.
To answer your previous question, in all older ps3 releases (the ones with "playstation 3" on the side rather than "ps3" on top ot the front cover) the spine will show a black "3" over a red background rather that "PS3" in white over a black background.

Then you have the "greatest hits" covers, that look like the newer games, but the black background in both the front and spine has been replaced by a red one.

And last of all, the platinum hits, which are hideous silver cases with a yellow background

@ Glass Ghost: Dont worry about him. Hes one of the "regular trolls" throughout the forums who likes to try to be mean. You just have to learn to ignore him or her.

Picked up a complete MGS4 in great condition for ~$3. While I was there I also snagged a copy of Culdcept Saga for ~$15 (bday coupon and PUR discount) complete in great condition. I'm happy with that  :bouncy:

Red Faction: Guerilla and Boom Blox are two of the best deals here, if you've never played them.

Also glad I waited on making PS Move purchases. EyePet, The Shoot, and Medieval cost me less than $10 total.

Picked up Enslaved and The Darkness for 360 even though I already have them for PS3. I really can't recommend them enough, especially Enslaved, which is one of my favorite games this generation.
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. Reading through this thread, Enslaved came up a lot as a sleeper hit / gem, which is why I bought a copy. And after 2 hours of gameplay, I love it.

The setting is The Last of Us, with the fighting being God of War, all with Uncharted-like exploring / platforming. Not sure if it will change between 2 hours and the end of the game, but it is really fun. If you have a PS3, there is no reason not to miss out on a $5 copy of Enslaved.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. Reading through this thread, Enslaved came up a lot as a sleeper hit / gem, which is why I bought a copy. And after 2 hours of gameplay, I love it.

The setting is The Last of Us, with the fighting being God of War, all with Uncharted-like exploring / platforming. Not sure if it will change between 2 hours and the end of the game, but it is really fun. If you have a PS3, there is no reason not to miss out on a $5 copy of Enslaved.

I am on chapter 12 (of 14 I think). The game was fun at first, but began to feel kind mediocre as there wasn't much character or gameplay development. However, the game takes an amazing turn when they introduce a third character, and beef up the difficulty a bit towards the 9th or 10th chapter. I am absolutely in love with this game, the dialogue gets amazing. If you do start feeling a little bored, push through. It gets a lot better.

I am on chapter 12 (of 14 I think). The game was fun at first, but began to feel kind mediocre as there wasn't much character or gameplay development. However, the game takes an amazing turn when they introduce a third character, and beef up the difficulty a bit towards the 9th or 10th chapter. I am absolutely in love with this game, the dialogue gets amazing. If you do start feeling a little bored, push through. It gets a lot better.
If you liked Pigsy, get the DLC

Can you use a 5 dollar off pre-owned game coupon to get enslaved for free? or will it cancel out the 50 percent promotion and waste the coupon?
Can't stack

Is there red labels for MGS4 out there? Or all gamestops have black labels? I'm trying to add a red label for my collection and want to know if you guys seen a red one out there. If not ill just get it at bestbuy new for $20.

bread's done
Back