GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there red labels for MGS4 out there? Or all gamestops have black labels? I'm trying to add a red label for my collection and want to know if you guys seen a red one out there. If not ill just get it at bestbuy new for $20.
My GS had red labeled copies I don't know why anyone would start a collection of red labeled games though kudos to you I hate those cases

Does anyone have any idea when this sale ends?  I'm thinking of going out Sunday afternoon, but I can't find anything about it on the company website and there was absolutely no signage in the store.  I only knew that a game I bought was part of the sale when I got to the counter and the cashier told me it was part of "that 50% off sale."

Does anyone have any idea when this sale ends? I'm thinking of going out Sunday afternoon, but I can't find anything about it on the company website and there was absolutely no signage in the store. I only knew that a game I bought was part of the sale when I got to the counter and the cashier told me it was part of "that 50% off sale."
9/29 iirc. Hopefully someone can confirm

Was Nintendo Land also $14.99 last week?  I was out last week, but $7.50 seems really good after the 50%.

So I'm planning on using my $3 coupon on something here to get free or near free on a game.

I already picked up Resistance 2 and MGS4. Any other top games people can recommend me?

Thanks!

So I'm planning on using my $3 coupon on something here to get free or near free on a game.

I already picked up Resistance 2 and MGS4. Any other top games people can recommend me?

Thanks!
Well I don't know which systems you have so some of these might not be for you, but I can recommend all of the following for the price:

:wii: Red Steel 2 - See my post earlier.

:ps3: :360: The Beatles Rock Band/Lego Rock Band - Reasons should be obvious enough, as long as you have instruments already.

:ps3: :360: DJ Hero 2 - I had a great time with this, though again it requires a peripheral most wouldn't have without the game.

:ps3: :360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - If you enjoyed The Sands of Time trilogy, you'll probably like this. It isn't as good and a little too formulaic, but for the price it scratches that PoP itch that few other games can.

:360: Singularity - Similar to TFS it is in no way revolutionary, but an enjoyable old school shooter with some interesting ideas that doesn't completely live up to it's potential, but is worth a run through if you enjoy games such as Bioshock or more traditional FPS.

:ps3: :360: Enslaved - While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I expected, the characters are what make the game, and it's likely to appeal to anyone who can accept less than stellar gameplay for the sake of the story. Also it has Andy Serkis, who's always awesome!

:wii: The Conduit - The story is garbage and it isn't the most original shooter, but I still had a great time mostly because of how fun the Wii Remote can be for shooters when utilized correctly. It's a short but sweet shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously (most of the time), and can be a lot of fun if you enjoy the genre.

Unfortunately those are all I've played (and would recommend), out of the $9.99 and below group. A few I haven't played but are probably worth the price would be Killzone 2, Alpha Protocol, and Bad Company 2 (as well as others I'm forgetting).

Thanks!
I bought 8 or 9 games from this sale so far, and Wolfenstein is pretty good. I've got to find my receipt so I don't remember the price off-hand. I believe it was $4. I usually don't play FPS games on PS3, but I'm enjoying it so far. The game gives you certain powers over time and the most addictive part for me so far is finding hidden intel and gold caches that you use to upgrade your weapons. It was developed by Raven, the studio that did Singularity, which is another good game that's on sale. I can co-sign on Boom Blox and Littlebigplanet Karting which are fun but I owned them before the sale.

I haven't paid more than $4 for anything except Fist of the North Star so far. I want Rise of Nightmares but there isn't a used copy within 100 miles so I can wait a bit longer. And I found a black label MGS4 but the manual was really creased like someone sat on it. I hope I can find another copy in better condition at another GS today, but it's well worth $3.49.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

I played enslaved back when it first came out. Great game.

Don't have wii, but thanks for the picks!

I'm going to see how much killzone 3 is and decide. I'll likely just use the coupon towards a gs-> bb flip today

Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestions guys

I played enslaved back when it first came out. Great game.

Don't have wii, but thanks for the picks!

I'm going to see how much killzone 3 is and decide. I'll likely just use the coupon towards a gs-> bb flip today

Thanks again!
If that's not a typo, it's the second one that is on sale.

Well I don't know which systems you have so some of these might not be for you, but I can recommend all of the following for the price:

:wii: Red Steel 2 - See my post earlier.

:ps3: :360: The Beatles Rock Band/Lego Rock Band - Reasons should be obvious enough, as long as you have instruments already.

:ps3: :360: DJ Hero 2 - I had a great time with this, though again it requires a peripheral most wouldn't have without the game.

:ps3: :360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - If you enjoyed The Sands of Time trilogy, you'll probably like this. It isn't as good and a little too formulaic, but for the price it scratches that PoP itch that few other games can.

:360: Singularity - Similar to TFS it is in no way revolutionary, but an enjoyable old school shooter with some interesting ideas that doesn't completely live up to it's potential, but is worth a run through if you enjoy games such as Bioshock or more traditional FPS.

:ps3: :360: Enslaved - While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I expected, the characters are what make the game, and it's likely to appeal to anyone who can accept less than stellar gameplay for the sake of the story. Also it has Andy Serkis, who's always awesome!

:wii: The Conduit - The story is garbage and it isn't the most original shooter, but I still had a great time mostly because of how fun the Wii Remote can be for shooters when utilized correctly. It's a short but sweet shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously (most of the time), and can be a lot of fun if you enjoy the genre.

Unfortunately those are all I've played (and would recommend), out of the $9.99 and below group. A few I haven't played but are probably worth the price would be Killzone 2, Alpha Protocol, and Bad Company 2 (as well as others I'm forgetting).
Don't agree with your blurb, but adding my +1 for Singularity again. Top 10 on my list of favorite games from this gen's early years. It's a shame it was delayed so much because it was so much better than Bioshock 2.

Picked up Alpha Protocol (for the second time, maybe I'll like it better this time) and COJ:BIB, both for PS3 for $4.88 total. Can't get too much cheaper than that.

Hopefully when this sale ends, they'll keep the ball rolling with another one. Fingers crossed!

Ended up getting Alpha Protocol, Avatar, GOW collection(non-greatest hits), Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3. Singularity, Red Faction Guerrilla, and Wolfenstein for 360. Surprisingly all were complete with cases and manuals with the exception of Red Faction.

Hey guys don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but you only have to buy 3 games to get the discount.  What they don't tell you is it can be any 3 games so if you can't figure out a 3rd game just grab a $1 360 sports gaqme to get the discount.

Hey guys don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but you only have to buy 3 games to get the discount. What they don't tell you is it can be any 3 games so if you can't figure out a 3rd game just grab a $1 360 sports gaqme to get the discount.
No. You only need a game on the list to get a discount on that game.

Yea dang I didn't post the other day cause I knew it wouldn't sound right. What I'm saying is you get 2 games on the list and can't find a third add any game ($1 360 sports game) and you will get 50% off the games on the list.
You're probably thinking about the 3 for $10 sale a few weeks ago. This 50% sale does not require you to buy 3 games. You can buy 1, or 5, or 17 of the games on the list in the OP and they will all be 50%.

Yea dang I didn't post the other day cause I knew it wouldn't sound right. What I'm saying is you get 2 games on the list and can't find a third add any game ($1 360 sports game) and you will get 50% off the games on the list.
I know what you're saying. You just don't need a minimum number of games to activate the 50%. You can just buy one game as long as it's on that list.

Don't agree with your blurb, but adding my +1 for Singularity again. Top 10 on my list of favorite games from this gen's early years. It's a shame it was delayed so much because it was so much better than Bioshock 2.
Well, I can't agree with that other, but to each their own. I found Singularity to be enjoyable, had a great time with Bioshock 2, and I'll just leave it as that. Both are worth a playthough IMO :)

I figured I'd bite at this even though I already own a bit of these games.  Yesterday, I picked up:

MOH 10- $2.50

Jericho- $1.45

Duke Nukem Forever- $1.45

Was thinking a while ago about picking up MOH for $5 and the DNF is worth the buck and change for sh*ts and giggles.  Jericho, I don't know much about other than some youtube footage.  All in all, not bad for a little over $5 IMO

Is there red labels for MGS4 out there? Or all gamestops have black labels? I'm trying to add a red label for my collection and want to know if you guys seen a red one out there. If not ill just get it at bestbuy new for $20.
Couldn't you just buy the games with red cases, switch it with a black case you have, then return it in the black case to have all of them red. Unless you care about the box art too. Sorry, don't know much about PS3 games.

Couldn't you just buy the games with red cases, switch it with a black case you have, then return it in the black case to have all of them red. Unless you care about the box art too. Sorry, don't know much about PS3 games.
The label itself is red as well.

Son of a --

I got a Red label GoW Collection! I picked a black label!

The label itself is red as well.

Son of a --

I got a Red label GoW Collection! I picked a black label!
You think that's bad? I grabbed a copy of CoD MW2, and the clerk opens up that drawer and pulls out a generic Gamestop cased copy! I told him I wanted the original case I gave him, and he was actually telling me I couldn't have it because it was their last one.
I then pointed out the other 6-8 copies sitting in the bin with original cases! He quietly gave me my game.
Even if it was the last copy what gives?! Since when do you give the customer the crappy Gamestop generic case over an original?!

Picked up Call of Juarez Bound in Blood, Enslaved, and Medal of Honor for the PS3. Also picked up Wolfenstein for the 360. All were complete. 

Was looking for Wolfenstein for the PS3 but no dice. Couldn't find X-Blades, Venetica or Legendary either. I actually wanted to play those. :lol: Oh well, maybe I'll find them by the end of the month. 

Couldn't find X-Blades, Venetica or Legendary either. I actually wanted to play those. :lol: Oh well, maybe I'll find them by the end of the month.
Are those games any good? I saw reviews of them online and weren't very favorable. But then again these games are cheap.

Ok I just wanted to help some fellow CAGers out. I scoured the 50% off list and with the  help of Best Buy was able to pull off a pretty good flip if I must say! Went to Gamestop and spent $56 then turned around and took the games to Best Buy and got $113 since they are offering 100% extra trade credit. Here is a list of how much the costs was for each game after the 50% AND my PowerUp 10%. Then the trade in values at Best Buy (Remember you get DOUBLE whats listed) 

Gamestop Prices 

Conflict Denied Ops Xbox 360      $3.14
Adv of Tin Tin Xbox 360                $6.74
SW Clone War Rpblc Heroes        $4.49
Ghost Recon 2 PS3                      $2.24
Section 8 Xbox 360                      $3.14
Game Party in Motion Xbox 360    $4.49
Velvet Assassin Xbox 360             $2.24
Eat Lead Xbox 360                       $3.14
Deca Sports Freedom Xbox 360     $5.84
White Knight Chronicles PS3         $3.14
Adv of Tin Tin PS3                         $8.09

Best Buy Trade in (Remember its 100% so DOUBLE the trade in price) I also have Gamers Club which gave me another 10% extra on the trade

Deca Sports Freedom - Xbox 360

$5.00

Tintin

$6.00

Tintin

$8.00

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - Xbox 360

$4.00

White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PlayStation 3

$4.00

Conflict: Denied Ops - Xbox 360

$4.00

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 - PlayStation 3

$3.00

Velvet Assassin - Xbox 360

$3.00

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - PlayStation 3

$4.00

Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360

$4.00

Conflict: Denied Ops - Xbox 360

$4.00

Section 8 - Xbox 360

$5.00

100% Bonus when you trade ANY game

$54.00

Video Games Subtotal

$108.00

Are those games any good? I saw reviews of them online and weren't very favorable. But then again these games are cheap.
I watched a gameplay/review on X-blades and I thought it was okay. Not sure about Venetica, but I would place it with X-blades. I played the Legendary Demo before and I enjoyed what I played. It's just a mixture of my interest and the cheapness of the games at work here. :lol:

I like the red cases, but the art looks like shit. It would be crappy having a few red and black interspersed though, especially if you're OCD.
I don't think I own any other red case. That's what's bugging me the most in keeping it.

You think that's bad? I grabbed a copy of CoD MW2, and the clerk opens up that drawer and pulls out a generic Gamestop cased copy! I told him I wanted the original case I gave him, and he was actually telling me I couldn't have it because it was their last one.
I then pointed out the other 6-8 copies sitting in the bin with original cases! He quietly gave me my game.
Even if it was the last copy what gives?! Since when do you give the customer the crappy Gamestop generic case over an original?!
Yeah. I'm glad you caught it though. I got like ten games at once and I would have taken the bus back home right after buying the games, but he was slow and he was covering the games the entire time he was getting the copies.

There were two black label copies and one red label copy in the front, so I got one of the black label copies, but he changed it.

Yesterday, I also almost got another red label switch but I asked the girl if I can't have the black label and she let me have it. I was not mesmerized by the boobs.

Have you tried Stormrise yet? Is it actually playable? If it is, I'm getting it... the reviews made it sound like it's not playable with the poor control and path finding issues.

Thanks!

Picked up:

:360:

Stormrise

:ps3:

MGS4

I'm new to ps3, what's it mean if the front of the case looks "black label" but it has a red ps3 on the side?

Here's ones I thought are worth the hassle but did not end up doing it - don't have enough time to dig through GS, hopefully someone can use it.

PS3 Buzz Quiz World (Game only) -- for some reason, BBY has two prices, $11 and $3... so if you can somehow get them to do the $11, that's awesome. 

The following really have to stack with bd coupon to make it worth while..

PS3 Blazing Angels 2

X360 Anarchy Reigns 

PS3 BlazBlue: CS

X360 Section 8

Good luck!

Was looking for more Bioware epic story after marathoning the Mass Effect series, so I grabbed a copy of Dragon Age Origins to go for the platinum. Also picked up Syndicate while I was there since I'd been interested in it for awhile but kept missing out whenever there was a deal.

Came out to around $9 with my birthday coupon.

I picked up :ps3: version of the syndicate and brings my total of 15 games from this sale.

Still debating whether or not to pick up Jericho, Timeshift, and/or Damnation (for some reason I want it) but the lack of trophies are really hindering me buying them. All of the games would cost under $6. Or should I saves pennies for the next GS sale?

bread's done
Back