GameStop Ad 01/02-01/08 50% Off Strategy Guides, Skylanders Deals, Price Drops, more

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
GameStop Ad 01/02-01/08: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/010213/pdf/olfsi_010213.pdf

I know this is usually litepink's thing (props), but I'm not about type out the whole ad when the .pdf is readily available. I wikified the thread if litepink or others would like to add other items of special interest.

Don't mind if I do :) -lp

:360: :ps3: :wii:
Wii_U_platform_icon.png
:3ds: Skylanders Giants Starter Pack $64.99
icongs_r1.gif
Skylander Giants Exclusive 3-Pack $24.99 (releases 01/11/13)

-Bobblehead Stylus $4.99
-Adventure Case $19.99
-Zip Case $9.99
-Battle Arena $29.99

:360::ps3: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY $19.99

:wii::3ds: Wreck-it Ralph $19.99

:360::ps3: Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 $69.99 :wii: $49.99

:360::ps3: Legends of War Patton $39.99

:pc: World of Warcraft Battlechest $4.99

:360::ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy $29.99

:360::ps3: 007 Legends $49.99

:360::ps3: Family Guy Back to the Multiverse $49.99

:360::ps3: NASCAR Inside Line $49.99

:360::ps3: WWE 13 $29.99

icongs_r1.gif
50% off all strategy guides

Got Pokemon Black 2 Guide Volume 1 for $9. The book is huge.

I preordered anarchy reigns for next tuesday but a coworker of mine was telling me about how good wwe 13 is. My question is, do I get anarchy reigns or go for wwe 13? I know very little of anarchy reigns other than a trailer that Ive seen.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Got Pokemon Black 2 Guide Volume 1 for $9. The book is huge.

I preordered anarchy reigns for next tuesday but a coworker of mine was telling me about how good wwe 13 is. My question is, do I get anarchy reigns or go for wwe 13? I know very little of anarchy reigns other than a trailer that Ive seen.[/QUOTE]

Well the game is a GS exclusive so if it's anything like Xenoblade Chronicles, it will be really rare in less than a year. Here's a 30 minute video of Two Best Friends (NSFW language) playing the import version last month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKgH9if1Jt8

Only thing stopping me from getting the new Skyrim guide and selling my hardcover is that guide is already delisted in the GS system and I can almost bet there will be a 3rd version of the guide whenever Skyrim GotY comes out.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well the game is a GS exclusive so if it's anything like Xenoblade Chronicles, it will be really rare in less than a year. Here's a 30 minute video of Two Best Friends (NSFW language) playing the import version last month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKgH9if1Jt8[/QUOTE]

Funny video. From what I watched from there and a quick video review, im not really feeling the game, even if Bayonetta :)drool::drool::drool:) is in it. Might just get wwe 13

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well the game is a GS exclusive so if it's anything like Xenoblade Chronicles, it will be really rare in less than a year. [/QUOTE]

Anarchy Reigns is not a Gamestop exclusive. The Bayonetta pre-order DLC is, but not the game itself.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Only thing stopping me from getting the new Skyrim guide and selling my hardcover is that guide is already delisted in the GS system and I can almost bet there will be a 3rd version of the guide whenever Skyrim GotY comes out.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts as well. The employee told me they will probably come out with a new one with the new DLC

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Got Pokemon Black 2 Guide Volume 1 for $9. The book is huge.

I preordered anarchy reigns for next tuesday but a coworker of mine was telling me about how good wwe 13 is. My question is, do I get anarchy reigns or go for wwe 13? I know very little of anarchy reigns other than a trailer that Ive seen.[/QUOTE]

Get both, WWE doesn't drop often and there's a demo on the Japanese PSN for Anarchy Reigns if you want.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Anarchy Reigns is not a Gamestop exclusive. The Bayonetta pre-order DLC is, but not the game itself.[/QUOTE]

My bad but to be fair, BB is the only other B&M that's carrying it according to Google Shopping. It's going to be fairly hard to find in a year still.

Snagged 9 guides today including a few CE and WWE13. Like others have posted, the guides were in the back. Employee printed out a list, gave me a highlighter and told me to mark any that I want. Very painless process. The guy said that corporate told them about a year ago to get rid of the turnstyles, he had no clue why????

[quote name='MSUHitman']My bad but to be fair, BB is the only other B&M that's carrying it according to Google Shopping. It's going to be fairly hard to find in a year still.[/QUOTE]

its also on amazon. The way I see it. MSRP for that is $30, and from what Ive heard wwe games are just like anime games and nintendo games, they take FOREVER to drop in price or have a sale.

Trying to find a guide (or anything worth a damn, for that matter) to get me over $24.99 for free shipping. Sitting at $21 right now, considering just ordering two of the same guide (Guild Wars 2) just to get me free shipping. lol

I got the Soul Calibur V, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead of Alive 5, and Final Fantasy 13-2 guides all for $20.24. The best deal was the Soul Calibur V guide which was $2.25.

Afterwards I went to another store and saw they had a Street Fighter x Tekken guide. The price tag was ripped off. So I asked them what the price was. They told me it was free which was why the tag was ripped off. Good thing it was free because I completely forgot I already had that guide.

[quote name='dragonjud']Had the same issue. I know they're trying to deter penny guide pick-ups, but how do they expect to move any of this merchandise if it's not on the floor?
He even went through the trouble of telling me: 'Anything that's a penny, we don't have'. Yeah, right...got you.

Would anybody who knows anything about this nonsense care to chime in?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's a space issue and not some larger conspiracy dude :roll:

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']I got the Soul Calibur V, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead of Alive 5, and Final Fantasy 13-2 guides all for $20.24. The best deal was the Soul Calibur V guide which was $2.25.

Afterwards I went to another store and saw they had a Street Fighter x Tekken guide. The price tag was ripped off. So I asked them what the price was. They told me it was free which was why the tag was ripped off. Good thing it was free because I completely forgot I already had that guide.[/QUOTE]

How much was Final Fantasy 13-2

[quote name='likeme']How much was Final Fantasy 13-2[/QUOTE]
It was $6.75. I got the regular guide because I didn't care for the extras from the premium guide.

I picked up five guides with the 50% off promo: Darksiders II, Call of Duty: BO2 (CE), Halo 4 (CE), Pokemon B&W2 (CE), and Pokemon B&W2 Unova Pokedex Vol. 2.

Question, though: The pokedex looks pretty complete, so why is it the second volume? Is there a reason I should seek out the first volume?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I was able to get the single Kingdoms of Amalur guide at the store I visited; it was sitting on the shelf with everything else and when the employee scanned it, he just gave it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am mad, I have been wanting to buy the Soul Calibur V strategy guide for quite a while. I had kept putting it off(for some reason unknown to myself), but I decided I was going to finally get it at $2.50. It was nowhere to be found. :( It either was sold yesterday at half price, or sold sometime in the last week or 2 at $5 since I had last been in there.

Took a 30 minute drive yesterday to get the Boredlands 2 CE guide. Almost got Black Ops2 and Hitmam both CE, but decided to pass. Might goto my local store this weekend and see what they have in stock. I refuse to buy anything other than HardCover guides, especially with young kids in the house. Anyone suggest any guides worth picking up.

Btw would the BoredLands 2 Art Book be 50% off? On GameStop's website it's listed under guides.

Grabbed Hitman CE and DoA 5 guides yesterday. Might head back and grab Skyrim & ME3 as well. Really wanted a Dishonored guide but my store is out. Guess I am just ordering from amazon for ~$3 ish more. Not too big of a deal.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Btw would the BoredLands 2 Art Book be 50% off? On GameStop's website it's listed under guides.[/QUOTE]It's online-only, so you might not find it in stores, and when you add it to your cart, there is no 50% discount, so I think it's one of the exceptions to the promo. :cry:

Picked up 2 guides: FFXIII-2 CE and Guild Wars for $17.50+. Asked about KoA:R (knowing it was pennies but this store showed one two days ago). Was shut down on that but the associate was cool and asked me to hold on. He came back with RE:ORC and Transformers:FoC and just handed them over.

Sucks that the guide I really wanted to buy during this half off Sale got pennied out but it was cool that he just gave me those two for free without even asking for them. So if anyone is interested in trading KoA for either of those or both even let me know.

i am tempted to get the borderlands 2 CE guide but i won't be playing the game for quite some time (haven't started BL1 yet). is it likely there will be a game of the year edition guide? i just want to make sure i have the most complete guide there is. if there is not going to be a GOTY guide for BL2 i might as well get the hardcover CE for it. i already have the BL1 GOTY CE guide.

I'm a PUR member and bought Darksiders (17.99 for PUR) and used my five dollar off a used game coupon, well I don't like the game and wanna take it back for credit but on the receipt its marked as 13.49, will I get instore credit for 17.99 if i buy another used game or will they only give me 13.49 credit back? thanks in advance

[quote name='Vigilante']I picked up five guides with the 50% off promo: Darksiders II, Call of Duty: BO2 (CE), Halo 4 (CE), Pokemon B&W2 (CE), and Pokemon B&W2 Unova Pokedex Vol. 2.

Question, though: The pokedex looks pretty complete, so why is it the second volume? Is there a reason I should seek out the first volume?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I was able to get the single Kingdoms of Amalur guide at the store I visited; it was sitting on the shelf with everything else and when the employee scanned it, he just gave it to me.[/QUOTE]

How is volume 2? I know it mostly details where exactly to catch all 6 billionmagillion pokemon, but is that it? Volume 1 is the basic walkthrough for the game and tells you what pokemon are on every route, etc... The stupid employee took 5 minutes and only pulled out volume 1 so I took it since I jiust wanted to gtfo as soon as possible.

[quote name='tribalnoise']i am tempted to get the borderlands 2 CE guide but i won't be playing the game for quite some time (haven't started BL1 yet). is it likely there will be a game of the year edition guide? i just want to make sure i have the most complete guide there is. if there is not going to be a GOTY guide for BL2 i might as well get the hardcover CE for it. i already have the BL1 GOTY CE guide.[/QUOTE]

BL1 had a GOTY guide, so I'm sure BL2 will get the same.

It says in the ad you get the DLC for sniper elite which is why I want it. I'd like a soul calibur V guide but it says low stock probably meaning no stock.

i bit on wwe 13 with a gc i got for xmas. from what i've seen of from reviews content wise it seems pretty impressive.

[quote name='Psychonik']It says in the ad you get the DLC for sniper elite which is why I want it. I'd like a soul calibur V guide but it says low stock probably meaning no stock.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']Picked up sniper v2. It was the last sealed copy and the dlc printed out on the receipt without any problems.[/QUOTE]

If you paid $20 for it I'd return it. It's been $10 before but more importantly there's a GOTY edition coming out soon.

[quote name='Romeo']If you paid $20 for it I'd return it. It's been $10 before but more importantly there's a GOTY edition coming out soon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I paid $20, but was in credit from that huge trade-in sale they had a few weeks back. Figured I'd play through it quickly then sell it off on ebay (currently selling for around $25). Thanks for the info though, it is appreciated.

[quote name='dragonjud']Thanks. Been doing penny guides for quite a while now, so didn't need the whole explanation. My point was that it's useless for GS to keep guides in the back. You may detract penny transactions, but you will not sell any at retail price either.

Most stores have them on the floor (as it should be), but a few keep 'all' of them in the back room.
[/QUOTE]

Every GS i've been to lately has them in the back. One let me peek, one printed out a list (and then couldnt find the one i wanted shown as in stock...i bet i would have spotted it), and other didn't want to help me at all.

[quote name='dragonjud']Thanks. Been doing penny guides for quite a while now, so didn't need the whole explanation. My point was that it's useless for GS to keep guides in the back. You may detract penny transactions, but you will not sell any at retail price either.

Most stores have them on the floor (as it should be), but a few keep 'all' of them in the back room.

You can also tell me that all GS destroy all penny guides the minute they're pennied, but I also know that's not true. It all depends on the employees, and given how shady they can be (at times), I know there're many back rooms full of them.[/QUOTE]

...Ouch. Apologies, in that case. Just chiming in.

Nah, we don't usually get a chance to destroy them all the minute they're pennied. I didn't get to last week's pennied out guides until today, actually.

[quote name='Fukurou']Anybody?[/QUOTE]

ymmv on a pm. Walmart's policy is not to pm % off pricing (at least that was the policy when i worked there many years ago).

Grabbed a Guild Wars 2 and Dead or Alive 5 guide for $4.49 each. Found a Epic Mickey 2: CE with a sale tag on the cover for $29.99 (looks like they forgot to remove it) because it rang up $34.99 but the cashier asked his manager and was told they couldn't adjust the price down to what it was marked and give me the 50% so I passed.

bread's done
Back