GameStop Ad - 12/15-12/21 - Tearaway $20 (Deals now live)

Osmanny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this in the back, labeled "Don't put out yet." ;)

• Get a FREE 1 year PRODUCT REPLACEMENT PLAN when you purchase any pre-owned system. (Thanks RUAfraidOfTigers)

• Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Any Pre-Owned titles for Wii or Nintendo DS.

• Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Pre-Owned Consumer Electronics. (Tablets/Phones/MP3's)

• Get a FREE $25 Gift Card with purchase of a Wii U Deluxe Set or Skylanders SWAP Force Basic Set. (Both $299.99)

Get a FREE Jak & Daxter Collection & Dualshock 3 Blue Controller with purchase of a PlayStation 3 Azurite Blue 250GB System.

• Save $20 when purchasing 1 Year Xbox Live Subscription with a new Xbox console.

• Save $20 on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Universe In Peril ($19.99) with purchase of any new PS Vita System.

•Get 30% Extra in-store trade credit when you trade any items toward the purchase of any pre-owned product or toward the purchase of these new titles:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Batman Arkham Origins

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty Ghosts

Fifa 14

Grand Theft Auto V

Just Dance 2014

Zelda Windwaker HD

Super Mario 3D World

Madden 25

NBA 2K14 Need for Speed Rivals

NHL 14

Pokemon X/Y

Zelda Link Between Worlds

Saints Row IV

Skylanders Swap Force

Splinter Cell Blacklist

$59.99

:360:  :ps3: - Bandfuse Rock Legends

:xb1:  :ps4:   :360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :wii:  :3ds: - Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack

$49.99

:xb1:  :ps4:   :wiiu: - Angry Birds Star Wars

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :pc: - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

:xb1:  :ps4:   :360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :pc: - Call of Duty Ghosts

:360:  :ps3: - Diablo 3

$39.99

:360:  :ps3:  :wii:  :vita:  - Angry Birds Star Wars

:360:  :ps3: - Batman Arkham Origins

:360:  :ps3:  :pc: - Battlefield 4

:360:  :ps3: - Fifa 14

:360:  :ps3: - Madden NFL 25

:360:  :ps3: - NBA 2K14

:360:  :ps3: - Need for Speed Rivals

:xb1:  :wiiu:  :wii: Zumba Fitness World Party

$34.99

:3ds: - Animal Crossing New Leaf

$29.99

:3ds: - Angry Birds Star Wars

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu: - Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

:3ds: - Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

:360: - Forza Horizon

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu: - Injustice Gods Among Us

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :wii: - Just Dance 2014

:wiiu:  :wii:  :3ds:  :ds: - Monster High 13 Wishes

:pc: - Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm

:360: - Zumba Fitness World Party

$19.99

:3ds:  :ds:  :wiiu:  :wii: - Barbie Dreamhouse Party

:ps3: - Batman Arkham City/Asylum Dual Pack

:360:  :wiiu:  :wii: - Just Dance KIDS 2014

:3ds:  :ds:  :wii: - Phineas and Ferb Quest for Cool Stuff

:ps3: - Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus

:pc: - Starcraft II Wings of Liberty

:vita: - Tearaway

:360:  :wii: - Zumba Kids

$14.99

:ds: - LEGO Battles Ninjango

:3ds: - LEGO Chima Laval's Journey

:ds: - Scribblenauts Collection

:3ds: - Scribblenauts Unlimited

$9.99

:pc: - WoW Mists of Pandaria

Accessory Deals:

$129.99 GTAV Pulse Elite Headset / PS3 Pulse Elite Wireless Headset

$59.99 - Universal Tritton Kunai Headset

$44.99 - PS3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller

$39.99 - Universal Afterglow Wired Headset

$29.99 - Assassin's Creed IV Hidden Blade

$24.99 - PS3 Bluetooth Headset 2.0 Camo

$19.99 - PS3 Nyko Core Controller Kit

Pre-Owned Console Deals:

$129.99 - PlayStation 3 System (Original Fatty)PS Vita System

$79.99 - Xbox 360 (Original Pro)

$49.99 - Nintendo DSiWii System

PS: I really hope you guys like my new custom made XB1/PS4/Vita Logos.  :xb1:  :ps4:   :vita:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked out the Gamestop at the local mall after seeing the new movie FROZEN. Anyways, I noticed a blue sign there at the entrance for a Buy 1 Pre-Owned game get the other 50% off only on select games though. Any idea where I can find what the select pre owned games are or is it over?

Checked out the Gamestop at the local mall after seeing the new movie FROZEN. Anyways, I noticed a blue sign there at the entrance for a Buy 1 Pre-Owned game get the other 50% off only on select games though. Any idea where I can find what the select pre owned games are or is it over?
Are you sure it wasn't the buy one pre-owned tablet/smartphone get one 50% off? That's the promotion we're having now. Also, I found another promotion but it's online only, buy one new/pre-owned get one pre-owned game 40% off. The code for that one is SAVE40.

Pretty sure the answer is yes, but would the $25 off pre-owned/refurbished vita power up rewards coupon work with the $130 promo making it $105 for a used vita? If so, that's a  great deal!

I'm wondering, do you think they'll slip in price cuts on PS3 slims and super slims used? I mean, maybe they'll do original models @ $129, then slims @$149, super slims @ $169, etc.

I'm wondering, do you think they'll slip in price cuts on PS3 slims and super slims used? I mean, maybe they'll do original models @ $129, then slims @$149, super slims @ $169, etc.
This is Gamestop you are talking about. If they have any sort of sale on used equipment (even if it sucks) they are sure to put that in their ad. If they advertise the phatty for $129 and nothing else, I am pretty sure that will be the only one on sale this week.

With that said, I do expect the price to drop considerably on used PS3s once there is more reliable inventory of the new consoles. Worst case scenario is similar prices to the big used system sale they had recently.

This is Gamestop you are talking about. If they have any sort of sale on used equipment (even if it sucks) they are sure to put that in their ad. If they advertise the phatty for $129 and nothing else, I am pretty sure that will be the only one on sale this week.

With that said, I do expect the price to drop considerably on used PS3s once there is more reliable inventory of the new consoles. Worst case scenario is similar prices to the big used system sale they had recently.
Yea I passed on their $149 slim PS3 sale back in October because I was getting a PS4 a month later, seemed illogical. Now I've beat Mario 3DW, Zelda ALBW and Killzone and have nothing I'm looking forward to playing until MGS/InFamous in March and MK8 during the spring so I figure I'll catch up on old PS3 games I missed in the next few months.

A few stores near me have refurbed PS3 phats with 250GB-500GB hard drives so I'm gonna try to grab those at $129

Yea I passed on their $149 slim PS3 sale back in October because I was getting a PS4 a month later, seemed illogical. Now I've beat Mario 3DW, Zelda ALBW and Killzone and have nothing I'm looking forward to playing until MGS/InFamous in March and MK8 during the spring so I figure I'll catch up on old PS3 games I missed in the next few months.

A few stores near me have refurbed PS3 phats with 250GB-500GB hard drives so I'm gonna try to grab those at $129
I remember telling you back then to get the PS3 and wait on the PS4 :)

Oddly, now I would tell you to wait on the phatty to get a newer PS3. Unless you have PS2 games to play, I would target a used slim since I think that was the best hardware design personally. I just think that is the best move now. I would even suggest getting one of the new BF super slim bundles if they are still around for $200 instead of a used phatty for that price assuming you have interest in the 2 bundled in games. Just my 2 cents.

I remember telling you back then to get the PS3 and wait on the PS4 :)

Oddly, now I would tell you to wait on the phatty to get a newer PS3. Unless you have PS2 games to play, I would target a used slim since I think that was the best hardware design personally. I just think that is the best move now. I would even suggest getting one of the new BF super slim bundles if they are still around for $200 instead of a used phatty for that price assuming you have interest in the 2 bundled in games. Just my 2 cents.
Believe me I've been trying to get funds for that $199 Last of Us bundle for a month now. Sadly my entire area is sold out within 50 miles. Besides, I've got friends who will lend me their copies of TLOU and a huge backlog of PS+ titles to play. I wish it was a slim or super slim but I'm not going to be picky, especially with a free warranty with purchase.

Question: Does anyone know if I can purchase one of Sony's protection plans on an old phat PS3 bought used in this sale? Probably a dumb question, I know

Didn't pull the trigger when Tearaway was 30 bucks during the holiday week, and I'm glad I didn't. Definitely getting to Gamestop on the 15th to pick it up. Looking forward to playing that game.

Are you sure it wasn't the buy one pre-owned tablet/smartphone get one 50% off? That's the promotion we're having now. Also, I found another promotion but it's online only, buy one new/pre-owned get one pre-owned game 40% off. The code for that one is SAVE40.
It was a sign that was advertising pre-owned video games, it was also connected to the box of said video games. There were none I was interested so I was wondering if there was a list somewhere for the other select pre-owned titles.

It was a sign that was advertising pre-owned video games, it was also connected to the box of said video games. There were none I was interested so I was wondering if there was a list somewhere for the other select pre-owned titles.
Weird. Maybe it's YMMV?

Sad that Barbie Dreamhouse isn't for PS4.  The graphics on this game are incredible!  :whee:

Your Mileage May Vary. Meaning, your store may have different deals or offers than others and it just depends.
Just tried that SAVE40 thing online with two pre-owned games in my cart. It said the coupon wasn't real or valid or something like that.

Oops!

The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

Just tried that SAVE40 thing online with two pre-owned games in my cart. It said the coupon wasn't real or valid or something like that.

Oops!

The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.
Yea never mind, that was an old promotion. My mistake.

I really wish they still kept cases for DS games...I just can't bring myself to buy used games without the original case and manual.

I hope this promotion is available online.
It might be, maybe select items only.

I really wish they still kept cases for DS games...I just can't bring myself to buy used games without the original case and manual.
Sometimes there are still cases for the popular games, at least at my store, we keep a lot of DS cases because we know how it feels. I won't even take a game if it has scratches on the case, or the case inserts are messed up, even if it's just missing the manual lol, even though I never read the things I just like it to feel complete.

$10 Off $99.99+ @ Gamestop.com

Coupon code: MERRY13

Excludes: Consoles, Tablets, Phones, Media Players and Accessories. Offer Ends 12/24/2013.

Can't wait, this price was what I was waiting on to get Tearaway.  May also get Adventure time, haven't decided, though.

Slightly off topic - I signed up for a PUR card an hour ago, in preparation for going nuts on DS and Wii games this Sunday.

Shouldn't I have received some kind of B2G1 free welcome code?   Or does it take a while to arrive?

Can't wait, this price was what I was waiting on to get Tearaway. May also get Adventure time, haven't decided, though.
If you are a fan of Adventure Time and are looking for a good game... from what I hear this is not it. I usually can play bad games, (Rogue Warrior, Ride to Hell and so on...) and after doing some extensive reading and watching a lot of videos, I decided to pass. My, girlfriend, her little sister and I, all play coop games together and I was looking to get this for us because it has couch coop and just seeing how many people are severely disappointed in the game, I figured there has to be something better out there. If you have a red box rental station around you, I would suggest trying it out first. You may even be able to finish it in a day or two and save yourself somewhere around $20-$25. Usually I won't take reviews too seriously, but this game is a undoubtedly a failure of a good IP. Good luck to you if you decide to buy it.

It might be, maybe select items only.
I was in my local gamestop last night and the guy said he wasn't sure. I don't want to drag my ass to gamestop in the morning before they are sold out of tearaway. I hope its online too.

Stay far far away from Adventure Time. I like the show and wand even after reading the horrid reviews I figured I'd still rent it. Garbage game.it really does things to make you dread wanting to continue playing. As repetative as it is my main gripe is you cannot save treasure for upgrades. Lets say you need 120 treasures for an upgrade and 100 for another and you gather 200 treasures before making it to an exit point. You either only get to upgrade one thing and lose your remaining treasure. It is a verrrrrry tedius game

Looking forward to picking up a 160GB refurbed PS3 slim tomorrow. They're currently $169 but I'm hopeful they'll cut the price down to $149 along with the $129 phat model. Anything I should know about buying a used slim?

Looking forward to picking up a 160GB refurbed PS3 slim tomorrow. They're currently $169 but I'm hopeful they'll cut the price down to $149 along with the $129 phat model. Anything I should know about buying a used slim?
don't know if I'm the only one bit I bought a used slim years ago and has problems playing bluray movies from the get go. It still plays games and DVDs fine though, which I find odd.

I went into my Gamestop today and I didn't see a vita section. Either they got rid of it or they moved it to a corner somewhere I didn't notice. I buy all my games digitally anyway. I guess that's part of the problem

I went into my Gamestop today and I didn't see a vita section. Either they got rid of it or they moved it to a corner somewhere I didn't notice. I buy all my games digitally anyway. I guess that's part of the problem
On one of the Gamestop near me, the Vita section is small, 2 to 4 feet long, between the Xbox 360 and PS3.

hope to score a copy of Tearaway tomorrow after work.

will this be online as well?
I went to a different gamestop than the one I usually visit closer to home and asked a few people who work there and they were clueless even about a sale starting tomorrow. I then asked the lady who was working the register and she said that the sale would be online as well. Here's hoping......

yah like 5 gamestops I've been to the vita section is very small. Which makes sense seeing as it has the smallest library aside from the ps4 and Xbox one.

Zumba Fitness World Party is $39.99 on Xbox one, NOT $29.99 like listed in the OP. Source: Gamestop AD

Wish I would have known that sooner since Amazon has been selling it at that price for a week already. (but picture of that AD page was blurry).

bread's done
Back