GameStop: B2G1 Free on 1st Party PS Vita Titles - Now Live Online

The Afroman

CAG Veteran
Purchase 2 select PS Vita games and get 1 free. Free game must be of equal of lesser value, while supplies last. Expires 2/25/12

Uncharted: Golden Abyss $49.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $29.99
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $39.99
Wipeout 2048 $39.99
Little Deviants $29.99

So i walked in today to GS and picked up the PDP Folio and started talking to the GS Employee, about how i'm waiting till Target's B2G! offer.. Well he then says "We are doing that now.." I said "Wait what?!" He says yeah B2G1 free on Vita Launch titles. So i proceed to pick out my games and get ringed up. It seems that he couldn't do it.. He was mistaken The promo doesn't start till Sunday (he pulled up the internal memo and showed me) but he said "Well i said it was valid now so what the hey.." And rings it up.

*Update 2* It seems that the deal is live on Gamestop.com. First party titles only alas. But this is NOT regional it's nation wide. seems that some managers don't have there Sh*& together to notify customers.. ah well.

*Update* It seems that some of you have been able to confirm this and see that it's "apparently" First Party Titles only.. Since my GS was willing to do the promotion early and i guess didn;t read the fine print LOL I got a YMMV but.. Here are the titles that are CONFIRMED so far..

Modnation racers
Wipeout 2048
Hot shots golf
Little deviants
Uncharted

(scan of my receipt)
2for1.jpeg

I came in here to mention this as i know I went to Target and they are acting like idio

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. I have $130 in GS credit that I was kinda bummed about since Target was doing the 3 for 2. Now I can get all my stuff at GS and stretch my dollar (credit) even further.

Edit: Bummer if this turns out to be a misunderstanding.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']How do you know? Do they already have all of their stock for launch, even the games that release on 9/22 (like Ninja Gaiden)?

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but it wouldn't be the first time the internet gets carried away. I'm planning on getting Uncharted, Lumines, and Virtua Tennis 4, so I want to make sure I can get them and not have to worry about whether or not Amazon decides to do its own promotion =][/QUOTE]

9/22 eh?

Target here has their section in place, all of their stock is in the store and they have all of the other 2/22 titles in the back room as confirmed by the store manager. Just like gamestop they receive street dated product wed-friday the week before. Not to mention Dungeon Hunter is already available else where, there are none in stock here at all.

[quote name='lostmyheadnmind']I got confirmation of titles.
Modnation racers
Wipeout 2048
Hot shots golf
Little deviants
Uncharted[/QUOTE]

I would show the email but it's text to my phone and I can't block out the personal parts as in store number and emails. But this is 100% confirmed! With the list I gave and Afro needs to post those titles on the top.

[quote name='hakurenkyo06']9/22 eh?

target here has their section in place, all of their stock is in the store and they have all of the other 2/22 titles in the back room as confirmed by the store manager. Just like gamestop they receive street dated product wed-friday the week before. Not to mention dungeon hunter is already available else where, there are none in stock here at all.[/quote]
:D

Hm, fair enough then. So if I call my local Target, they'd tell me what games will be available on Sunday?

[quote name='knight613']I'd like to know if this will work for digital purchases since Gamestop sells codes to them.[/QUOTE]

No only physical copies from what I saw with the sku 16 which is new PSV.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']The leader in exploiting soccer moms and old people.[/QUOTE]

And customers living in butt fucking egypt, USA

[quote name='lostmyheadnmind']I would show the email but it's text to my phone and I can't block out the personal parts as in store number and emails. But this is 100% confirmed! With the list I gave and Afro needs to post those titles on the top.[/QUOTE]

Edited first post with titles. Also I hope it;s more titles than this as i was able to get 3 3rd party titles.. We shall see tomorrow. :lol:

[quote name='leopaw']This is ymmv or simple another shaddy promotion for GameStop to generate foot traffic.[/QUOTE]

I kinda agree. I mean it's shady. i KNOW i saw the internal memo.. they had to look it up, because it wasn't pulling up when they tried to ring me up and then they saw it started on Sun.. and said "f it we will honor it now since i thought it was going on now.." I had already picked out the 3 games so i wasn't going to complain. :cry:

[quote name='Sonne']I've heard that myself once before, when asked why they wouldn't match a Gunstringer GC offer. Told me that GS is such a leader in game sales that they don't need to hold aggressive sales.

Hookay, buddy.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City use to say the same thing!!!:roll:

[quote name='The Afroman']Edited first post with titles. Also I hope it;s more titles than this as i was able to get 3 3rd party titles.. We shall see tomorrow. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Trust me I wish it was more than first party titles. It's a good tactic since they know people will go out and buy 3rd over first. More revenue in the pocket and move most of that crap first party titles. Uncharted and wipeout are my personal exceptions.

I already got my copy of Uncharted from gamestop... though if Amazon PM this maybe I'll return Uncharted and do it (have $500 in Amazon credit)..

thanks OP! Something to think about it...

I don't see why people are ragging on GameStop for this. They never do these types of deals. Either the OP trolled us or got a really lucky manager price change.

Being angry GameStop isn't doing this is like being angry they don't gave b2g1 free on new all the time. Be angry ant Best Buy and Kmart too.

Why is CAG so qq now days? Is it withdraw of the holiday sales?

[quote name='WormFOODx']I don't see why people are ragging on GameStop for this. They never do these types of deals. Either the OP trolled us or got a really lucky manager price change.

Being angry GameStop isn't doing this is like being angry they don't gave b2g1 free on new all the time. Be angry ant Best Buy and Kmart too.

Why is CAG so qq now days? Is it withdraw of the holiday sales?[/QUOTE]

There are lots of GameStop paid promotors on CAG and their multiple aliases. One of their job is to generate foot traffic, even if it's shady.

[quote name='leopaw']There are lots of GameStop paid promotors on CAG and their multiple aliases. One of their job is to generate foot traffic, even if it's shady.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind being payed doing this:
"Hello, Pawn Shop... I mean Gamestop is here to offer a price since we are the top sales thing in the world"

Can I get my money now gamestop?

[quote name='lupe guillotine']I wouldn't mind being payed doing this:
"Hello, Pawn Shop... I mean Gamestop is here to offer a price since we are the top sales thing in the world"

Can I get my money now gamestop?[/QUOTE]

You should always tend to question these "new CAGs in training"

[quote name='WormFOODx']I don't see why people are ragging on GameStop for this. They never do these types of deals. Either the OP trolled us or got a really lucky manager price change.

Why is CAG so qq now days? Is it withdraw of the holiday sales?[/QUOTE]

Def not trolling. I myself HATE GameStop. never get a god deal there. but since i moved up the Syracuse area there isn't much up here to choose from. I prefer small shops/amazon/fry's
(moved up here from Austin,Tx)
I have been shopping around for the best deals on Vita stuff and i was even going to do the target thing. But i walked into Target 2 days ago and talked to their Electronic employees (they had no f'in clue about the Vita..the games or the releases they are getting) The VG section had all of the PSP stuff mixed in with Vita.. So when i walked in to a GS that wasn;t even close to where i live and they gave me this deal i had to share..
GS can go straight to hell for their pricing schemes.. :hot:

I called a couple of my Gamestops and the managers told me that they had no idea about this. The games I want are also at Target, so I may just head there to be on the safe side. Especially if I am waking up early enough to go out and pick these up before other people get them.

[quote name='The Afroman']Def not trolling. I myself HATE GameStop. never get a god deal there. but since i moved up the Syracuse area there isn't much up here to choose from. I prefer small shops/amazon/fry's
(moved up here from Austin,Tx)
I have been shopping around for the best deals on Vita stuff and i was even going to do the target thing. But i walked into Target 2 days ago and talked to their Electronic employees (they had no f'in clue about the Vita..the games or the releases they are getting) The VG section had all of the PSP stuff mixed in with Vita.. So when i walked in to a GS that wasn;t even close to where i live and they gave me this deal i had to share..
GS can go straight to hell for their pricing schemes.. :hot:[/QUOTE]

I hate LameStop with a passion. I can't recall the last time I shopped there... I noticed the Vita was on sale at K-Mart earlier (Buffalo, Ny) They had the Wi-Fi edition in the glass.

if its all 1st party I'm either passing or selling the games elsewhere/ notify them that other stores are allowing all vita games to go with this deal not just first party because doing just first party is total bs.

other 1st party titles, that I highly doubt they'd let you preorder:

LBP
Unit 13
Reality Fighters (lol)
MLB 12
Resistance Burning Skies

Last edited by a moderator:
I was working tonight at a store that had extra hours and we looked for any info on this and couldn't find it. Granted, it was busy and we didn't look terribly hard, but still no go there. I texted my manager to check and he didn't know anything about it either. This is in Knoxville, TN by the way. I told my manager if we were doing it to call me in the morning, so I'll know soon enough.

I called earlier and got a no (which I posted), but I also called back later to talk to the manager, whom I've dealt with quite a bit and am familiar with (when I call and say my first name, he knows who I am; point is, I know he's not going to BS me).

Anyway, he didn't know anything of the deal and asked me to call back 10-15 minutes later so he could research it. I called back about a half hour later and he said that he looked through all of the emails and memos from the "higher ups" and saw absolutely nothing on the deal whatsoever.

Called my local Gamestop here in Oregon. They had no clue what I was talking about and the manager (who's a real nice guy and has excellent customer service skills) told me hasn't read any e-mail or literature about this whatsoever. Explained that there is no sale and this offer must be fake (he says Gamestop does not do a "regional" sale of any kind, so if ours isn't having one, no other store is.)

OK. At least now I know there are some Syracuse(NY) area CAG's. I've been to the mall where the OP bought their games and scored at the Sears there.

Anyway, I'm actually tempted to grab a Vita myself, but I will probably end up waiting on a revision/decent price drop before buying one.

I asked upfront and they actually laughed at me said no. so there you have it.

we'll see who gets the last laugh tomorrow!

[quote name='Braxis']I asked upfront and they actually laughed at me said no. so there you have it.

we'll see who gets the last laugh tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Well, it's Game Stop. I get harassed every time I walk in when i say I don't want to pre-order with them. They will just lose business to Target (and likely Amazon) in the morning. Oh well.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']I just like how this thread title keeps getting longer...and longer...and longer...[/QUOTE]

Active topics have the tendency to do that. Crazy, I know.

At least from the website, it doesn't seem to work with the Digital Version of those titles. At least in the your cart, it does let you pre-order a game that is showing to come out on the 2/25/2012 and make it part of the deal.

The deal doesn't seem worth it to me. There are only a max of 2 games that are the same price. I don't know about you guys, but when I pay a $49.99 game and only get $39.99 game free, or two $39.99 game and get a free $29.99 game, I feel like I get ripped off. I like to keep all 3 games the same price get the best bang for my buck. Unless I had a friend that is willing to chip in to have the "free" game, and get 2 of the same copy.

[quote name='ZeTeny']The deal doesn't seem worth it to me. There are only a max of 2 games that are the same price. I don't know about you guys, but when I pay a $49.99 game and only get $39.99 game free, or two $39.99 game and get a free $29.99 game, I feel like I get ripped off. I like to keep all 3 games the same price get the best bang for my buck. Unless I had a friend that is willing to chip in to have the "free" game, and get 2 of the same copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm the same way that's why I asked if they were going to blacklist ppl for buying multiple copies of the same game. Gamestop is super stupid about that stuff and my account just got reinstated a month or two ago.

bread's done
Back