GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up some games, there this ghetto gamestop across from walmart where I live. The cashier told me their stuff gets stolen all the time. Maybe that was way this gamestop started taking fingerprints for trade ins?

I couldn't believe how many games from this list they had no cover art! Tried to pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma for a buddy but all 4 of the copies they had had no cover art or manual at all! :whee:
Times are tough. A game manual will get you an ounce of smack nowadays.

I remember seeing some of my non-functional DS cards that I returned being sold in the same store and I asked what they were doing there because I know that I brought them and they just kept denying it. There was a fake HeartGold I got from GameStop.com with a poorly printed sticker and they still denied that one.
Think that's bad? A few years ago, I saw a Pokemon Leaf Green with a black cartridge? See a problem there? But the worst one? A GBA version of Pokemon Crystal. Yeah, you read that right.

Picked up some games, there this ghetto gamestop across from walmart where I live. The cashier told me their stuff gets stolen all the time. Maybe that was way this gamestop started taking fingerprints for trade ins?

I couldn't believe how many games from this list they had no cover art! Tried to pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma for a buddy but all 4 of the copies they had had no cover art or manual at all! :whee:
I've gotten finger printed before lol. It makes no sense. So if you make an illegal trade do they sense the police after you? Automatic ban across all gamestops? Lmao.

can anyone recommend NDS titles in that list for a 5 year old (boy) and 7 year old (girl)? tried looking up reviews and stuff for EA Playground and a few others but couldn't really find much--thanks!

I don't even blame the employees necessarily since they're probably told not to and to keep reselling them.

That makes me want to at least launch all the games I plan to keep tomorrow so I at least know before I hit up some GS to try and find some flip fodder.
Employess are instructed to mark those games as defective and send them to the GS warehouse, not put them back for sale.

Went down to GS Tuesday, and grabbed Condemned, Condemned 2, Alpha Protocol, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Red Faction Guerilla and Bakugan for the kiddies......total = 19.00 and change! The backlog continues to grow out of control :)

I sometimes go to a ghetto GameStop across a Walmart. I hope it's not that one.

KuroPansa, I wonder how they sold things there. That was bad.

Was able to grab Super Street Fighter IV, Chronicles of Riddick, and Heavenly Sword all for the PS3. All the discs and cases are in generally good condition. However, the Riddick case has a bunch of really old price stickers that will be a hassle lol. Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

Picked up

GRAW 2
Red faction
The Darkness

Wanted chronicles of riddick, fear 1 & 2 but they didn't have the cases. Might try another location later

wow some of you guys go thru some real extremes lol
Well Goo Gone is kind of nasty stuff that has the consistency of a real thin cooking oil. Even after wiping it with a paper towel it's still on the case. I don't want that getting on my shelves, other games or making it's way under the plastic (which it likes to do) and ruining the case art.

Also once you wash one of those just dirty, nasty cases that have sat at Gamestop and been handled endlessly it's a night and day difference.

Hit up GS later today. See what's left. Not much of a GS shopper.

The pur card, will they accept the card number if I don't have the card with me?

The pur card, will they accept the card number if I don't have the card with me?

They can look it up by your phone number

I have never seen anyone use their card, everyone I see that shops at GS always use their phone number.

Just going to outright ask as I'm trying to turn some GS giftcards from Shopkick into Best Buy.

If anyone knows of some even or slight gains for trades from this (or gamestop in general) to Best Buy, do me a favor and shoot me a PM (keep the convo out of this thread)?  I am looking through gamestop.com and trying to find some stuff so not being lazy, just damn there is a lot of crap.

Thanks (if there even is anything).

I'm going to need some help from you CAGs on what order I should play these games in. Here is the list of games I got (all with cases and most have the book except for Top Spin 3 and Red Faction: Guerrilla):

20130822_200956.jpg

Which of those would you play first?

I'm going to need some help from you CAGs on what order I should play these games in. Here is the list of games I got (all with cases and most have the book except for Top Spin 3 and Red Faction: Guerrilla):

if it was me, it would of never bought any of them

20130822_200956.jpg

Wow, I thought I bought a lot @ 18 games. I bought some of those and plan to play quantum of solace first, short and too the point. Any reason why you bought so much? Just got a PS3?

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks.  Picked up quite a few complete games for $43.  They tried to swap out some of my cases for GH and got pissy when I asked to keep the original cases.  Weird..

COD4 

COD MW 2 

Condemned 2

FEAR

FEAR 2

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Heavenly Sword

Rainbow Six Vegas

POP: Forgotten Sands

Red Faction Guerrilla

Star Wars Force Unleashed

Singularity

I've gotten finger printed before lol. It makes no sense. So if you make an illegal trade do they sense the police after you? Automatic ban across all gamestops? Lmao.
Some states have regulations about pawn shop sales/trade-ins/etc. The finger printing probably isn't GameStop acting on their own initiative, but rather GameStop doing what they're required to by law - take fingerprints with trade-ins so that law enforcement can compare what they find at the scene of a break-in with trade/sales going on at pawn shops or places that sell used games and try to find the thieves that way.

Not all states do that, but I know enough do that Best Buy did a corporate-wide training on how to handle that a while back.

picked up complete copies of Riddick, Ninja Blade, and Star Wars Clone Wars.

Riddick seems like a popular choice

Thanks OP!

20130822_200956.jpg

1.Brothers In Arms Hells Highway

2.Wanted

3.Red Faction Guerilla

4.EA Sports MMA

5.Quantum of Solace

These are great games other games that are really fun are Dark Void,Alpha Protocol,Bad Company 2,and Socom 4.

20130822_200956.jpg

Bulletstorm. I thought that game was pretty comical and didn't get a fair shake.

20130822_200956.jpg

Return Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 back to GS pronto! You overpaided for it, current price is $2.99, you ended up paying $3.33 instead!

I use clear packing tape to remove adhesive from cases.  It's strong enough to pull off nearly all of the adhesive remnants.  I also use some warm water (sometimes mixed with little soap) before/after the tape.

Anyone have games NOT ring up properly? I bought Wanted (PS3), Avatar (Xbox) and Blazing Angels: Squadrons... (PS3), and I realized after I got home that I was charged full price for all three. The receipt indicates that BA was part of the promo, but says nothing next to the other two. 

@mathyou, its probably because you purchased Blaxing Angels: Squadrons for the PS3 and Avatar for the 360. Gamestop's pretty picky in this regard, I would have loved to pick up Singularity for the PS3 lol

I use clear packing tape to remove adhesive from cases. It's strong enough to pull off nearly all of the adhesive remnants. I also use some warm water (sometimes mixed with little soap) before/after the tape.
I'd use generic/shitty packing tape to be safe. If the adhesive is too strong it will stretch out the cover plastic.

I know that Goo Gone works but it's such a pain to keep the inserts safe. I try the tape method and if that doesn't do it I just replace the whole case.

I'd use generic/shitty packing tape to be safe. If the adhesive is too strong it will stretch out the cover plastic.

I know that Goo Gone works but it's such a pain to keep the inserts safe. I try the tape method and if that doesn't do it I just replace the whole case.
Why not just take the inserts and cover art out? Takes like two seconds. I dont understand how so many cags say they damage the case/inserts. Do you guys drown the sticker in goo gone? I just put a small film over the sticker. Havent damaged anything.

Lol why would you use Goo Gone on a case with inserts still intact. I dont know about you but, when I think of cleaning a case I remove everything out of the case then proceed to clean it. Also Olive Oil works to remove whatever is left on the case from the sticker. For people who dont feel like spending money on goo gone and have olive oil in there house Id suggest doing this, Ive never used goo gone and Ive been removing stickers from my cases since I can remember using this method

Why not just take the inserts and cover art out? Takes like two seconds. I dont understand how so many cags say they damage the case/inserts. Do you guys drown the sticker in goo gone? I just put a small film over the sticker. Havent damaged anything.
Im trying to figure out why people havent started to use that thing inside our heads called a brain. Its like duhhh I dont know

@mathyou, its probably because you purchased Blaxing Angels: Squadrons for the PS3 and Avatar for the 360. Gamestop's pretty picky in this regard, I would have loved to pick up Singularity for the PS3 lol
Thanks - I just re-read the list and saw that Avatar 360 was not part of the deal (although some seem to have reported getting it, so YMMV?). I'll stop back tomorrow and see if they'll do something. Funnily enough, they had non-sale games in the 3 for $10 bin. Ooph.

Of course I take the inserts out, derp derp.  But if I do that then I need to store the inserts in a spot where they won't get destroyed while the case is being cleaned/drying, and that's not really possible with two young children rampaging around the living room.  Plus I'm paranoid about the Goo Gone residue damaging the insert's ink over time.  Plus plus, tape/case replacements are cheaper and look nicer in the end.  I've been removing shitty GS stickers from game cases for over a decade now, jesus.

Of course I take the inserts out, derp derp. But if I do that then I need to store the inserts in a spot where they won't get destroyed while the case is being cleaned/drying, and that's not really possible with two young children rampaging around the living room. Plus I'm paranoid about the Goo Gone residue damaging the insert's ink over time. Plus plus, tape/case replacements are cheaper and look nicer in the end. I've been removing shitty GS stickers from game cases for over a decade now, jesus.
So your telling me you dont spray the cases with some kind of water or even use a baby wipe after your dont using the goo gone.... I know its not that hard to clean it case it takes me less then a minute to remove everything unless its an old sticker and have it looking like its brand new.

So between This Sale and the other Weeks B1G1 at Gamestop i hauled in....(all 360)

Resident Evil ORC

B1G1

Rage

Deus Ex Human Revolution

B1G1

Warhammer 40000 Space Marine

Then for this weeks 3-4-$10

The Last Remnant

Infinite Undiscovery

Dragon Age Origins

Alpha Protocol

Dark Void

Devil May Cry 4

COD 4

Armored Core 4

Golden Axe Beast Rider

And the only thing i lost from this deal beside $54ish dollars, was my wifes respect....

So your telling me you dont spray the cases with some kind of water or even use a baby wipe after your dont using the goo gone.... I know its not that hard to clean it case it takes me less then a minute to remove everything unless its an old sticker and have it looking like its brand new.
Of course I do. That's why I said I'm paranoid about it. I just don't like Goo Gone and think stickers are better/faster/safer...let it go FFS.

BTW On the subject of Gamestop stickers, i swear they grind up horses in the backroom for the glue. its like 98% Glue, to 2% tissue paper and ink.

BTW On the subject of Gamestop stickers, i swear they grind up horses in the backroom for the glue. its like 98% Glue, to 2% tissue paper and ink.
I still think AWD's stickers are tougher to take off.

Oh and just a heads up to some of you buying a ton. Some of these games arent even worth $3. Beware what you buy! Haha. Lair and a few others come to mind...

bread's done
Back