GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh...that list above...people like Dark Void? That game is so bad I quit playing. Red Faction:A is good? At best that game is average and really it's somewhat below average. The story is dumb too, I liked the zero punctuation review of it, why the fuck didnt he just fix the machine at the beginning of the game?
I liked Dark Void, I rented it back when it came out in 09 or 2010 and enjoyed it enough to beat it.

See his post? He's talking about Armageddon. Guerrilla was a better game though I never liked it quite as much as other people. It was still fun though.
Just to be clear, Armageddon is not on sale, though for $5 it is IMHO superior to Guerilla. The two games are very different, though. Armageddon plays almost like Dead Space -- and is a linear experience. Guerilla is an open world game that is closer to Crackdown.

I agree that the vast majority of the games on this list are sub-par. That said, there were just a few I picked up. Coincidentally, I picked up Red Faction: Armageddon. A solid game -- not part of the sale but I am a PUR member so I opted to pick it up.

An incredibly underrated game on this list is the Bourne Conspiracy. Don't let the license fool you; it's a great game and reminded me a lot of Splinter Cell: Conviction (which is one of my all-time favorite games). As you would expect, the gameplay is a little more clunky but it is a very well done title, and I can't help but think the folks at Ubisoft played this one as they made Conviction.

Speaking of, I sure hope they have a sale on Blacklist soon -- I so want to get it but I don't want to pay $60. I'm waiting for B2G1 sale at Target or BBY -- definitely have a few games on my want-list that I intend to buy.

Yes though it's going to be hit and miss with what's available at this point.

I liked the cel-shaded version because I'm weird but Forgotten Sands is much closer to Sands of Time.
They're both good, but I prefer the 2008 cel-shaed Prince of Persia because of how unique it is compared to the rest of the series (and plus I just found it to be a more enjoyable and beautiful game overall).

Oh man, I have a problem.  I just realized that I accidentally bought a duplicate of something from this sale and now I have to try and find something to exchange it for even though I've already bought everything I really wanted off the list and then some!

Oh man, I have a problem. I just realized that I accidentally bought a duplicate of something from this sale and now I have to try and find something to exchange it for even though I've already bought everything I really wanted off the list and then some!
Give it to me :p... You dont ever play games anyways! I dont ever see you online your always buying stuff Eld, its time to put the wallet down and layoff the deals :)

Oh man, I have a problem. I just realized that I accidentally bought a duplicate of something from this sale and now I have to try and find something to exchange it for even though I've already bought everything I really wanted off the list and then some!
Good lord, talk about first world problems.

Dark Void was definitely not worth anything. Like I said, it was so bad I quit without finishing it. I at least finished Red Faction and you're right, it's worth a few bucks for most people. For people on CAG with a floor to ceiling bookshelf full of backlogged games it probably makes no sense to buy it for any price. If you have excellent or good games in your backlog why even bother with something so aggressively mediocre?
We all know the answer to that question. Lack of self control. Personally, the most desperate yet entertaining part of this site is reading someone's report that they bought a certain game and then 2 sentences justifying to all of us why it was OK for him to buy it at that price.

Or just avoid generic cases in general. For me, I don't even know where to put a ugly generic case, it certainly doesnt belong to the collection shelf.
eh, i wanted the game. i always prefer complete of course but for $3 a game ill deal, or find someone selling the case here.

Give it to me :p... You dont ever play games anyways! I dont ever see you online your always buying stuff Eld, its time to put the wallet down and layoff the deals :)
I would have but I already swapped it for Force Unleashed. This is the last I'm touching this sale and the B2G1 is essentially over now so I'm done with those.

I would love to be playing more games though and kind of hoping we'll have a week or two lull so I can play some stuff. The whole month of August was one deal after another.

I just found out about this sale. Surprisingly, I still did well.

First store:

- Ninja Gaiden Sigma (I came in just to buy this for $7, not realizing there was a sale or this was part of it, so OF COURSE I got two more games for an extra $3, LOL.)

- Rainbow Six Vegas 2

- Blazing Angels

Second store:

- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (GOTY Edition)

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

- Heavenly Sword

All came complete except for Heavenly Sword (no manual). The Power-Up Pro card works with this deal, so each game came out to about $3 apiece.

I also grabbed Stranglehold: Special Edition (with the movie Hard-Boiled) for under $7.

All PS3.

Any other recommendations? I don't have most of the games on the list. Even though I bought all PS3 games today, I also have a Wii and DS.

Any other recommendations? I don't have most of the games on the list. Even though I bought all PS3 games today, I also have a Wii and DS.
If you don't already have them, I'd recommend SoulCaliber IV and Mass Effect 2 (play the first one beforehand, though).

Wow. I have had or still currently own most of those games(all for PS3). The only one on that list I haven't owned is Red Faction Armageddon. Why they went the completely opposite direction from Red Faction Guerrilla is beyond me, but I've heard the game is beyond tedious to play.
I didn't get why so many people hated on Armageddon. I bought it for cheap one time and had a fun time playing it. It just feels different from other red factions but it isn't bad. I really think it had worse reviews than it deserved and it is totally worth 3$.

Same here. Loved the demo and had to get it from Best Buy for $5. Def worth it. A demo is the only real way to get an idea if you will like a game because even if a game gets great ratings you might still hate it. Look at Spelunky and Minecraft, both got great ratings and I hate them both, meanwhile Hydrophobia got bad ratings and I liked itt.

If you don't already have them, I'd recommend SoulCaliber IV and Mass Effect 2 (play the first one beforehand, though).

While the first Mass Effect is pretty good and you shouldn't miss it if you can help it, the second one at least has a really good way of getting you up to speed with everything at the very beginning

I'm done with this sale. I picked up some games for gifts, hopefully we see more deals like this from gamestop in the future!

I didn't get why so many people hated on Armageddon. I bought it for cheap one time and had a fun time playing it. It just feels different from other red factions but it isn't bad. I really think it had worse reviews than it deserved and it is totally worth 3$.
It's $5, not $3. Guerilla is in the sale; Armageddon is not.

Anybody notice how oddly specific the list is? Certain games that are cheaper aren't on the list and some games are console specific.

So...Anybody played PoP: Forgotten Sands before?
It's actually fairly enjoyable, and was the first review I ever did for my site.

Review link if interested: http://clearancebinreview.com/2011/01/16/review-prince-of-persia-the-forgotton-sands/

I also reviewed the DS version for the 2 year anniversary (not as good):

That review link if interested: http://clearancebinreview.com/2013/01/16/backlog-quest-ii-day-16-prince-of-persia-the-forgotten-sands-ds-the-easily-forgotten-version/

Picked 27 games on this sale...god help me... all of them complete except Armored Core 4, Dark Athena and Timeshift

While the first Mass Effect is pretty good and you shouldn't miss it if you can help it, the second one at least has a really good way of getting you up to speed with everything at the very beginning
That's true, but as far as I recall, starting ME2 without importing a ME1 save file gives you a pretty bad start to the game in terms of who's dead and who's alive.

That's true, but as far as I recall, starting ME2 without importing a ME1 save file gives you a pretty bad start to the game in terms of who's dead and who's alive.
yeah but since this is the ps3 version on sale you can do that comic book story thing to pick who dies and lives.

if you all need filler get mass effect 2 its worth an buy :D

lol forgot to post what I got from this sale. just brought red faction, wanted, and eat lead. I kinda wish we could pick which 10 and below games to use for this sale. Been wanting to get an copy of Saboteur, Wet, and Bakugan defenders of the core but haven't yet. :/

yeah but since this is the ps3 version on sale you can do that comic book story thing to pick who dies and lives.

lol forgot to post what I got from this sale. just brought red faction, wanted, and eat lead. I kinda wish we could pick which 10 and below games to use for this sale. Been wanting to get an copy of Saboteur, Wet, and Bakugan defenders of the core but haven't yet. :/
What system for Bakugan? They were on sale three or so weeks ago when all that AWD crazyness happened. It was only $2 or so shipped with Prime and it was brand new!

Ear Lead any good?

Ear Lead any good?
lol i'm not sure haven't played it yet. Here is an good review of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60IvalHAkwA I watched that awhile ago but haven't gotten around to get the game till now. I think you should get it through seems worth the $3 in the buy 3 for 10 :D

What system for Bakugan? They were on sale three or so weeks ago when all that AWD crazyness happened. It was only $2 or so shipped with Prime and it was brand new!
PS3 man I missed out on an good sale :/

I picked up devil may cry 4 collectors edition. Not sire if it's worth going back for 2 more games.. I did buy madden 10 for 2$. So do I upgrade to 11 and pick up darkvoid?

picked these up:

Heavenly Sword (ps3)

Kung Fu Rider (ps3)

Battlefield 2 (360)

CoD4 (360)

Infinite Undiscovery (360)

Golden Axe Beast Rider (360)

Wanted (360)

Fear (360)

Fear 2 (360)

I seldom buy used games, but I couldn't pass up on such a deal.  Managed to snag LittleBigPlanet, PoP Forgotten Sands, and Guitar Hero 5 (those plastic guitars need to earn their keep).  I was hoping for Red Faction Guerrilla but I don't believe they had it.  I'll probably just get it in the next Steam sale.

I was disappointed when I looked in the promotional bin (mostly crap) and I almost left the store.  About a foot from the door, I decided to turn around and see if they had what I wanted on the shelves.  Lo and behold, there it all was!  I was under the impression that they would put all listed games in the promotional bin, but maybe that's just for the stuff that would be harder to get rid of.

I seldom buy used games, but I couldn't pass up on such a deal. Managed to snag LittleBigPlanet, PoP Forgotten Sands, and Guitar Hero 5 (those plastic guitars need to earn their keep). I was hoping for Red Faction Guerrilla but I don't believe they had it. I'll probably just get it in the next Steam sale.

I was disappointed when I looked in the promotional bin (mostly crap) and I almost left the store. About a foot from the door, I decided to turn around and see if they had what I wanted on the shelves. Lo and behold, there it all was! I was under the impression that they would put all listed games in the promotional bin, but maybe that's just for the stuff that would be harder to get rid of.
Usually they just pull copies of the first few games on the list, hence why you might have seen a lot of A and B titled games - at least it's like that at several gamestops here in NYC

Lol. Just got back from Gamestop. Got Wanted for 360 and opened the case when I got home and... no game.

Not to mention when I took condemned 2 up there she said they didn't have it.

/sigh

Was able to snag complete copies of CoD4 GOTY(360), CoD: MW2 (PS3), and Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3). Here's to hoping that code for the extra maps is still valid.   

Thanks OP!

Its also got a lot of bugs. I stopped playing it when it came out because there were a lot of big ones, including DEX not applying right to bows and rogues. Took them forever to fix that and now i guess they finally did.. but broke tons of other stuff. I.E. Haste actually SLOWS down ranged attacks for some reason. Lots of other annoying certain class/skill breaking bugs too

I cant remember if they finished Dragonage before EA bought them and the founders left shortly afterwards or not, but its obvious that Biowares game quality has been going in the toilet for years. Mass Effect was the last really great game they made. Dragon age is OK, but kinda a buggy mess. Make sure you look up some of the bug lists before you play or you may screw yourself over

That said, im still grabbing it for 3.33. I have the 360 version that i stalled on an figured id play through it quickly on the ps3 to refresh my memory on the game and try to figure out what i was doing on my main playthrough.

My issue is finding a 3rd game. Any suggstions? Im getting
Dragon Age Origins
Dead or alive 4
... game 3?

none of the other games look very good or i have them already
Alpha Protocol or Condemned?

I seldom buy used games, but I couldn't pass up on such a deal. Managed to snag LittleBigPlanet, PoP Forgotten Sands, and Guitar Hero 5 (those plastic guitars need to earn their keep). I was hoping for Red Faction Guerrilla but I don't believe they had it. I'll probably just get it in the next Steam sale.

I was disappointed when I looked in the promotional bin (mostly crap) and I almost left the store. About a foot from the door, I decided to turn around and see if they had what I wanted on the shelves. Lo and behold, there it all was! I was under the impression that they would put all listed games in the promotional bin, but maybe that's just for the stuff that would be harder to get rid of.
At the GS I shop at in STL that little bin only holds about 5-10% of the stock on the PS3/360 games that are part of the sale. They just leave a booklet of lists that anyone can take a copy of and tell them to go by that.

Lol. Just got back from Gamestop. Got Wanted for 360 and opened the case when I got home and... no game.

Not to mention when I took condemned 2 up there she said they didn't have it.

/sigh
LOL, I on the other hand bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma (among other twenty something games...) and when I opened the box... Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2... score! :p

bread's done
Back