GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On returns, the system returns it at regular price before promo codes/discounts/PUR Pro. Price then has to be manually entered in to reflect price on the receipt.

How are you able to return these? Wouldn't they realize you should only be getting like $3 and change per game?
I am not sure what happened the employee really didn't seem all there at the moment.At first he was inputting it as a Trade In until I told him again that I was returning it and he just pressed some buttons and gave me $15 instead of $6.

i cant beleave that wanted is almost sold out in my area for ps3 lmao. now i gota go a little bit further than usual for it, sigh smh
$10 flip to Amazon. I searched high and low for one myself just to play it and wound up finishing it in 5 hours. I had actually planned on keeping it since I liked the movie, but I can't see myself going back to it.

$10 flip to Amazon. I searched high and low for one myself just to play it and wound up finishing it in 5 hours. I had actually planned on keeping it since I liked the movie, but I can't see myself going back to it.
I actually bought a complete copy as part of my last 3, had no idea about the amazon flip. Hmm......

I keep looking at the list of games and keep feeling bad that I want to go get some. Now that I am back in the country (temporarily), I could go buy some. But I saw a poster ITT talking about building a complete 360 collection and it made me think 'Damn.'

I'm not even trying to build a complete collection and I am on track to be at a little under 600 360 games by the end of summer. Something is wrong with me.....

Grabbed F.E.A.R. 2, PoP Forgotten Sands, and Alpha Protocol. Both my local stores had already been ransacked from this sale, was lucky to find 3 games I wanted that were in decent enough shape. Thanks OP.

I'm sure it's been answered, but can I return 2 of the games and I'll receive $3.33 per for each or?
Well you should have a PUR card making them $3 plus tax, shame on you otherwise since you flip games from there too, but yeah. You might get an employee who's been told not to return them individually or just wants to be difficult though, had that happen to me the other day with some guy I had never seen before so just went to a different store.

My PS3 keeps crashing when I try to get the patch for Condemned 2 and PoP. Has this happened to anyone else?

Well you should have a PUR card making them $3 plus tax, shame on you otherwise since you flip games from there too, but yeah. You might get an employee who's been told not to return them individually or just wants to be difficult though, had that happen to me the other day with some guy I had never seen before so just went to a different store.
Haha yeah, I do. Just chose not to say $3 incase ppl be like uhhhh it's 3 for $10 and I'd have to explain myself.

Okay, I'll try it out. If not, I'll return all 3. Thanks

My PS3 keeps crashing when I try to get the patch for Condemned 2 and PoP. Has this happened to anyone else?
That's a common problem for the PS3 version of condemned 2. There is an annoying workaround for the game but most people that bought it just returned or exchanged it for the 360 version like me. IDK about PoP, I will have to try my version out later tonight.

That's a common problem for the PS3 version of condemned 2. There is an annoying workaround for the game but most people that bought it just returned or exchanged it for the 360 version like me. IDK about PoP, I will have to try my version out later tonight.
Gotcha. Well one time they patched overnight, but then then the games crashed the system, when I quit the game. So I deleted the patch and tried to redownload them, which crashes the system each time.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, couldn't find a copy of F.E.A.R. 1 for :ps3:, and I'd like to play it before the 2nd. If anyone runs across a copy in decent shape during this sale and would like to sell it to me, PM me please. Thanks.

Hit up a couple of locations today, nothing that spectacular.  The only game I really want out of this sale is :360: Red Faction but I'm having a helluva time finding one.  All of my other "maybe" games have been completely coffee-stained, no lie...it's like some douchebag purposely spilled his coffee on all of the games years ago in anticipation of me buying them.

I think it's hilarious that SOCOM Confrontation is included as a part of this sale.  Get them out of the door before they're worthless!

Yeah, I just returned PoP, same thing happens. Let me know if anyone else has a problem with it.

I picked up H.A.W.X. 2, Final Fantasy Tactics The War Of The Lions, and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. It was a pretty good deal to get Final Fantasy Tactics and Peace Walker for 10 bucks much less the added bonus of a decent flight sim. 

Gotcha. Well one time they patched overnight, but then then the games crashed the system, when I quit the game. So I deleted the patch and tried to redownload them, which crashes the system each time.
return it. i had it too kept freezing and crashing. i tried the work around, it didnt work for me.

I was looking for an easy game late last night and pulled my new sealed PoP from my backlog. It worked fine for me. I played the first 2 levels so far, no trouble. It had a 1.01 update .

im playing forgoten sands as we speak and it is indeed good so far. i was afraid it was a movie tie in when it released so i ignored it. i borrowed my fathers copy last night and im glad i did :D

Ended up getting Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant and CoD 4. I'm quite pleased that all of them came complete too :) Who knows when I'll even get to these games because of the ever-growing backlog but this will make the wait for next gen a piece of cake.

trying to get my hands on few games if anyone can help me out. Trying to get the following with cover art manual not to big of a deal

all for the ps3

Golden Axe

Bourne

lego rockband

Picked up Alpha Protocol & Heavenly Sword for PS3.  Plus Wario DIY for the DS.

A quick word of praise for Alpha Protocol.  If you can accept the fact that this is NOT a twitch shooter,

this game is unbelievably good (4 hours in).  I can't believe I ignored it so completely for 3+ years.  A really

good narrative along with fun mini-games that support the narrative.  The average/poor reviews make no

sense to me.  How can professional reviewers NOT acknowledge the many innovative things this game does well.

The conversation tree logic, and subsequent impact on the story, crushes critical darling Mass Effect.  I like

Mass Effect, but AP is so much better in this regard.

Also, has anyone noticed that PS3 blue rays are generally in really good shape from GS, while 360 dvd disks are

beat and scratched.  Something about the coating on BRs I suppose.  I look forward to next gen from a used purchase

standpoint, other than fingerprints, BRs are pretty much indestructable.

Picked up Alpha Protocol & Heavenly Sword for PS3. Plus Wario DIY for the DS.

A quick word of praise for Alpha Protocol. If you can accept the fact that this is NOT a twitch shooter,

this game is unbelievably good (4 hours in). I can't believe I ignored it so completely for 3+ years. A really

good narrative along with fun mini-games that support the narrative. The average/poor reviews make no

sense to me. How can professional reviewers NOT acknowledge the many innovative things this game does well.

The conversation tree logic, and subsequent impact on the story, crushes critical darling Mass Effect. I like

Nice. Picked it up myself, although I have no clue when I'll ever play it.

Picked up Alpha Protocol & Heavenly Sword for PS3. Plus Wario DIY for the DS.

A quick word of praise for Alpha Protocol. If you can accept the fact that this is NOT a twitch shooter,
this game is unbelievably good (4 hours in). I can't believe I ignored it so completely for 3+ years. A really
good narrative along with fun mini-games that support the narrative. The average/poor reviews make no
sense to me. How can professional reviewers NOT acknowledge the many innovative things this game does well.
The conversation tree logic, and subsequent impact on the story, crushes critical darling Mass Effect. I like
I already knew about the shooting mechanics, which I don't mind. It's the overall presentation (and especially the voice acting) that are incredibly shoddy. I've barely done anything in the story so I haven't seen how the dialogue system works yet.

Also, has anyone noticed that PS3 blue rays are generally in really good shape from GS, while 360 dvd disks are
beat and scratched. Something about the coating on BRs I suppose. I look forward to next gen from a used purchase
standpoint, other than fingerprints, BRs are pretty much indestructable.
I had to watch this video for five to eight hours a day during my year at Target: no sound, but yeah they have a special coating that is almost impossible to damage with normal handling. IIRC I've only seen one or two discs with tiny marks in the seven years I've been handling them. Unless you're purposely trying to damage them they'll stay minty fresh.

I already knew about the shooting mechanics, which I don't mind. It's the overall presentation (and especially the voice acting) that are incredibly shoddy. I've barely done anything in the story so I haven't seen how the dialogue system works yet.

I had to watch this video for five to eight hours a day during my year at Target: no sound, but yeah they have a special coating that is almost impossible to damage with normal handling. IIRC I've only seen one or two discs with tiny marks in the seven years I've been handling them. Unless you're purposely trying to damage them they'll stay minty fresh.
i think also mostly children own xbox 360s and ps3s are dominated more by mature gamers. im not saying xbox 360 dosent have mature gamers, just a lot of childish ones who probably dont know the worth in keeping shit clean.

i think also mostly children own xbox 360s and ps3s are dominated more by mature gamers. im not saying xbox 360 dosent have mature gamers, just a lot of childish ones who probably dont know the worth in keeping shit clean.
Nah, it's the coating. I doubt many children are playing games like Alpha Protocol, Full Auto and Condemned. I'm super careful with my discs and all of the DVD media ones are still prone to hairline scratches from even the slightest bump.

I've seen a few scratched up PS3 Blu-Ray discs and I always wonder how the previous owner managed to do that.

It's a bittersweet feeling knowing that absolutely no CAG's live anywhere near me.

I walked into Gamestop today after work after finally deciding to pull the trigger on this deal and was amazed what I found. Despite the cardboard display being relatively empty, in the display next to it (using the scanned flyer for guidance) I found multiple copies of Devil May Cry 4, Dragon Age Origins, and Alpha Protocol all in really good shape. When I went to pay for them the guy had all the original inserts for all three games, and the discs were in flawless condition.

I was gonna pull the trigger on Blazing Aces and Eat Lead, but there wasn't a third game for 360 I was terribly interested in, but I might go back and grab a game for a friend or the Blazing Aces 2 copy (shame this one didn't have the original case)

Hit up a GameStop today and was kinda rushed and it was super busy because of Madden, but I grabbed 3 DS games for my 8 year old. 

Transformers: Autobots

Transformers: Decepticons

I Spy Fun House

I'll go back or check another GameStop (there's at least 3 more in my area) for some PS3 games for myself. They had tons of Star Wars Force Unleashed for PS3 and Wii, is that game worth a buy?

i got two copies of wanted for ps3 and one heveanly sword. imma beat wanted tonight or tommorow and trade all three in to amazon (couldnt find a third peace with a higher tiv than heveanly sword). turning 8.99$ into 15+ at amazin is good as i wanted a mini credit mover so i can finish paying off beyond two souls and this does the job. wanted is solid so far btw

Looks like the Gamestop over here has been picked over...stopped by today and all they had for the deal was either Wii, music games, or both. On the bright side, I was able to pick up a complete copy of Dragon Age Origins. Bit disappointed about no Infinite Undiscovery though...

Picked up 21 games.

Keeping:
:360: Alpha Protocol
:360: Chronicles of Riddick
:360: Condemned: Criminal Origins
:360: Condemned 2: Bloodshot
:360: FEAR
:360: FEAR 2

Reselling locally for $5.00 each:
:ps3: Alpha Protocol
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
:ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
:ps3: Chronicles of Riddick
:360: Dragon Age Origins
:360: Fable III
:360: Halo 3
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps3: Mass Effect 2
:360: Medal of Honor
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint
:360: Phantasy Star Universe
:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV
:360: Unreal Tournament III

Will end up getting the 6 keepers nearly free. :)

Picked up 21 games.

Keeping:
:360: Alpha Protocol
:360: Chronicles of Riddick
:360: Condemned: Criminal Origins
:360: Condemned 2: Bloodshot
:360: FEAR
:360: FEAR 2

Reselling locally for $5.00 each:
:ps3: Alpha Protocol
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
:ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
:ps3: Chronicles of Riddick
:360: Dragon Age Origins
:360: Fable III
:360: Halo 3
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps3: Mass Effect 2
:360: Medal of Honor
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint
:360: Phantasy Star Universe
:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV
:360: Unreal Tournament III

Will end up getting the 6 keepers nearly free. :)
They were nearly free to begin with, lol.

bread's done
Back