GameStop.com Pre-Owned Box & Manual Guarantee - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

This is good news for someone like me, who avoid buying incomplete used games because they can be hard to trade in for other games after I'm finished with them. Part of the lure of buying online is convenience and cheaper prices (when you can compare different merchants before buying), but it's touch-and-go when it comes to receiving the games. I've gotten some pretty worn games before this way, so any guarantee by a reputable seller that the game is complete and works will go a long way with me.

That said, I'm also hoping to get older and hard to find titles for reasonable prices (but of course, I also don't expect to see hard-to-find collectables like Ikaruga on the DC for $10 shipped). The new blockbuster releases are everywhere, so it would be great to see rarer titles too.

Examples of games I would like to see include: Class of Heroes (PSP), Valkyrie Chronicles (PS3), Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Xbox), Ace Combat 6 (Xbox 360)... Yes, I play all genres of games!

I've been meaning to pick up Mass Effect to play through that new DLC (even though everyone says it's terrible), and I kind of want to try Lego batman.

Finally, the original cases/manual/artwork. All of those other cases have that stupid art slip with some whacky anime kids on it. Anyways, time to dig through the used 360 games. Ghostbusters, anyone?

Heres a little tip for people looking for old, obscure games:

Gamestop is one of the only retailers that has a daily updating online inventory. This is nice because you can use their Store Availability feature to find a game nearby and for what actual price. But if the game is somewhat rare or last gen, you won't be able to search for it through their store. Now the magic of Google.

For example- say you are looking for the PS2 (widely under-appreciated classic) Haunting Grounds, do a google search for: "haunting grounds gamestop buy" without the quotes and it should be the first link. Type in your area code and go get your game. No more hunting around multiple locations. Of course you could just call your nearby gamestops and ask each one but the first thing they greet you with is some pre-order promotion! How rude.

Anyway, this process rarely applies to games that you can order online, and I imagine that their online store stock will change to fit their new used games manual/case policy.

As for me, I want to get a hold of Halo Wars and Shadowrun (another not-as-bad-as-people-made-it-out-to-be game).

Looking to pickup inFAMOUS, Batman:Arkham Asylum, and Halo 3:ODST. Also Brutal Legend and Borderlands, when they release.

Go CAG!

What a great guarantee!
How about selling the ones without manual or case for $$ cheaper??? :)

Valkyria Profile (PS3)
Eternal Sonata (PS3)
Infamous (PS3)
Fight Night Round 4 (PS3)
NCAA Football 2010 (PS3)
Tetris (DS)

It's time to pick up Resistance PSP, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and WET.

Oh man, there's a ton of games I'd like to pick up which I can't bring myself to spend my own money on. Onechanbara, Rumble Roses XX, Guilty Gear Overture, The Simpsons Game. This would be a $10 bonanza!

Dear Mr D...or should I call you Cheapy?

Oh well, great work on the site and your candidness on the podcast!

I would pick up the Metal Gear Essentials Pack (used) because I want to replay the games and probably a used copy of Brutal Legend once it's been returned...

God - GameStop and those used games, hate it and love it?

Waiting on a B2G1 or something to come along...am looking to get on 360: Batman AA and Wet. Will probably hold off on Brutal Legends and get it used, as well as Borderlands (maybe) and still undecided on Dragon Age Origins (new or used).

Several for the Wii Id like to get used (even tho I may never play them lol) but Id like Paper Mario, Okami, RE4, RE DC, Dead Space, The Conduit, NSMB, Metroid, HotD Overkill, and Madworld.

I honestly have a laundry list of used games I want to buy. I noticed the guarantee a few days ago and I quickly added some games to my wishlist on the Game Stop website that I plan to buy in the future. The list includes:
-Tokobot (PSP)
-Lost Odyssey
-Chrono Trigger
-Afro Samurai
-The Godfather
-Saints Row 2

there's a bunch of rpgs on the PS2 that I won't mind adding to my backlog. actually any decent ps2 games like the MGS collection. maybe some psp games and accessories in general.

bread's done
Back