GameStop Game Days Final clearance starts 6/30

Godfather Cloak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
ALmost all of the games in game days sale (aside from a few) will be on sale...even further starting 6/30 (for example Godfather will be 12.99 for xbox 360)

i read this in a email at work....so if you were considering buying something in game days...wait until the 30th..

Might consider "Downstream Panic" for the PSP if it drops more.

Maybe gutting the games ended up worse off then the alleged rampant stealing during last year's sale. And can they now sell for the higher used price since they opened them already?

Hmmm.

[quote name='Hibiwa']can they now sell for the higher used price since they opened them already?[/quote]

Something similar happened with a clearance sale a few years back with some games, notably a Phoenix Wright title. CAGs across the country reported seeing DS games magically disappear from the specially-priced new/sealed bin and reappear almost instantly on the used shelves at the much higher used price. Although extremely high on the shady list, this is actually more legit than their gutting policy.

I saw a list today, and while I don't have any specifics, generally games that were 19.99 went to 15.99, games that were 14.99 went to 12.99 and games that were 9.99 went to 8.99.

Some games are being pulled from the sale, including: House of the Dead, Condemned 2, and Viking

[quote name='ZForce']I saw a list today, and while I don't have any specifics, generally games that were 19.99 went to 15.99, games that were 14.99 went to 12.99 and games that were 9.99 went to 8.99.

Some games are being pulled from the sale, including: House of the Dead, Condemned 2, and Viking[/quote]

Boooo

Stopped by 2 stores and they had jack squat for anything. Almost thought about picking up the hitman trilogy boxset for $20. I was primarily looking for PSP games and UMDs and alas...nothing.

Tekken 5 for less than 10 dollars? I need to check this tomorrow. Hopefully it'll truly be half off, but even for 9 dollars (as ZForce said) it's a good deal for a new copy.

[quote name='tagout']I'll bite Condemned 2 and Brave Story if I can get both titles under $40.[/QUOTE]

Please refer to the post above. There is no half off sale tomorrow. Some titles will be discounted, but it looks like it's an additional 10%-15% depending on the title. Condemned will be taken off discount completely.

[quote name='tagout']I'll bite Condemned 2 and Brave Story if I can get both titles under $40.[/quote]

I remember seeing Condemned 2 for $30 at the two stores I stopped by...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I remember seeing Condemned 2 for $30 at the two stores I stopped by...[/QUOTE]

I think he means both games for under $40 TOGETHER in one purchase.

[quote name='ZForce']I saw a list today, and while I don't have any specifics, generally games that were 19.99 went to 15.99, games that were 14.99 went to 12.99 and games that were 9.99 went to 8.99.

Some games are being pulled from the sale, including: House of the Dead, Condemned 2, and Viking[/quote]

Nooooooooouuuuu

is MKA for ps2 going back up monday?

was gonna pickup it day1 but DJI for 360 & hotd were too good to pass up.

went to pickup mka today but the gs close to home didnt have it, even though the website said they had it..meh

Does anyone know how GS handles returns of gutted stuff? It's supposed to be 30 days if you kept it sealed but what if there was no seal to begin with? Cuz if I can return Brave Story and get it cheaper, i'll definielty do that.

[quote name='Chronis']Does anyone know how GS handles returns of gutted stuff? It's supposed to be 30 days if you kept it sealed but what if there was no seal to begin with? Cuz if I can return Brave Story and get it cheaper, i'll definielty do that.[/quote]

Say that you are giving the game as a gift and ask for them to shrink wrap it.

I'd like to pick up Odin Sphere as well - hoping it will drop, but won't be surprised if it doesn't. So are these additional markdowns in-store only? OS is still $19.99 online and today's supposedly "the day" of the markdowns.

[quote name='awp']I'd like to pick up Odin Sphere as well - hoping it will drop, but won't be surprised if it doesn't. So are these additional markdowns in-store only? OS is still $19.99 online and today's supposedly "the day" of the markdowns.[/quote]

Either way just bite it $20 is a good deal on this game, if it wasn't for NIS and Atlus at this point Awesome 2D sprite goodness would be pretty much dead in the states...

Anyone in the East Coast been to their local GS today yet? Have several hours before ours open here in Cali.

Odin Sphere was 16.99 I believe, or 17.99.

Katamari was 8.99, Soul Calibur 3 was 8.99

Vikings/Condemned seemed to have been pulled from the sale, both where stacked behind the counter.

In closing - most shit is 10-20% off. I did nab Katamari though.

I just called in to a GameStop in Manhattan (NY), and yes the person quoted Odin Sphere as $17.99.

Didn't check on other games though because I was abruptly hung up on because he said he was "in the middle of a transaction with a store full of people"

That's odd - the guy I bought Odin Sphere from at Gamestop on Friday made a comment along the lines of, "It's good you're getting this today, because we're pulling it off the shelf on Monday."

I didn't know what he meant until now - has anyone heard this as well? Did they actually pull any stock? And if so - why?

Pretty sure Odin Sphere was $15.99, but I could have been mistaken, didn't look too close since I picked it up earlier.

DS Titles:
Monkey Ball Touch & Roll was $12.99
Dementium the Ward was 12.99
That DS tennis game was 7.99

I'm at work can anybody check on the Diablo II expansion? Also, did the Diablo Battle Chest ever go on sale?

Thanks.

Just stopped by today...

Brave Story - $15.99
Manhunt 2 - $15.99
Hitman: Blood Money - $15.99

That's all that was left in the bin that was noteworthy of looking at... I also noticed that what was left of the ps2 games none were marked down.

Can anyone tell me if TimeShift (PS3) was marked down any, or taken off the shelf altogether? It says 29.99 on the site, so I'm imagining it wasn't marked down any today, but if someone could check on that and confirm, that'd be great. Thanks!

Man, if those Sega Tennis games drop again it could be amazing for trading at Blockbuster/GR. I didn't see anything else I wanted at the two stores I checked during the sale. Thanks for the heads up!

Brave Story - $15.99 ($14.39 w/ coupon)
Need For Speed: Carbon - $9.99 ($8.99 w/ coupon)

Total: $27.80 ($25.02 w/coupon)

Beautiful.

===

Edit: At the store I went to, the new values weren't updated in their computers, so you might want to be sure to check your receipts just in case. We had a power outage last night, so that might have been the cause, but there's no harm in being safe.

I just called up one of my local GS's about Burnout Revenge (360), and he said it was marked down to $12.99.

Odin Sphere confirmed at $15.99. Snagged one of the last two copies of the Woodruff Road, Greenville, SC location.

Great deal considering it's still $29.99 used.

[quote name='georox']Odin Sphere was 16.99 I believe, or 17.99.

Katamari was 8.99, Soul Calibur 3 was 8.99

Vikings/Condemned seemed to have been pulled from the sale, both where stacked behind the counter.

In closing - most shit is 10-20% off. I did nab Katamari though.[/quote]

I don't see how they can yank stuff out of the bin already seeing the sale states until 6/30 so granted that would mean until store close today. If you found a copy and they refused to sell it at that price im sure if you raised a stink they would give it to you because if not its big time false advertising.

[quote name='jonac13']Brave Story - $15.99 ($14.39 w/ coupon)
Need For Speed: Carbon - $9.99 ($8.99 w/ coupon)

Total: $27.80 ($25.02 w/coupon)[/quote]Wait, what coupon? I thought the current EB coupon was for used GC and Xbox games.

[quote name='guinaevere']Wait, what coupon? I thought the current EB coupon was for used GC and Xbox games.[/quote]

There was a coupon in last month's issue of Game Informer that gave you additional 10% off all Game Days purchases.

[quote name='guinaevere']Wait, what coupon? I thought the current EB coupon was for used GC and Xbox games.[/quote]

There was a 10% off coupon for the Game Day games that could be found in a Game Informer magazine.

[quote name='guinaevere']Wait, what coupon? I thought the current EB coupon was for used GC and Xbox games.[/QUOTE]

Game Informer 10% Gamer Days coupon

There was a 10% off Game Days coupon inside the last Game Informer magazine.

bread's done
Back