GameStop Game Days Final clearance starts 6/30

Godfather Cloak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
ALmost all of the games in game days sale (aside from a few) will be on sale...even further starting 6/30 (for example Godfather will be 12.99 for xbox 360)

i read this in a email at work....so if you were considering buying something in game days...wait until the 30th..

[quote name='Error404']I just called up one of my local GS's about Burnout Revenge (360), and he said it was marked down to $12.99.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip...been looking to re-buy that one.

Anyone have an official list of all the new drops yet so I can put it in the OP?

I know Harry Potter was cheap in there and I just started a blog examining licensed games to see how they are developed and why most tend to be bad. The cut for the film/lit category was Harry Potter. I'm just going the used route with all the games (The Darkness, Naruto: Rise, and Lost) so that when I beat them in a day or so I can take them back for a fully price. Unfortunately the Harry Potter game must be incredible because no Gamestop within a reasonable distance from my house has a used copy.

Either way, if anyone knows if it's marked down to around $10 I may just bring some extra cash and pick it up when I go to bring back The Darkness today in exchange for Lost or Naruto. I'll let everyone know my findings when I get back.

I went to my local GS yesterday. They already took out all the gutted games from the bin. I guess they dont put anything on sale anymore.

So, these extra discounts finally got me to bite. I picked up...

Odin Sphere - $16
NBA Street Homecourt 360 - $10
Sega Collection PS2 - $9
Sonic Mega Collection+ - $9

Oddly, though, my coupon would not go through. The girl scanned it, it read, but the discount would not show up. Oh well, it would have only saved me an extra $4 or so. $45 for these four games seemed fair enough to me. Also, they still had a lot of sealed copies of some games. Two of the four games I got were sealed.

[quote name='Chronis']Does anyone know how GS handles returns of gutted stuff? It's supposed to be 30 days if you kept it sealed but what if there was no seal to begin with? Cuz if I can return Brave Story and get it cheaper, i'll definielty do that.[/quote]

I returned Soul Calibur III because I get a real sealed copy online at gamestop.com. When I return the gutted (and sealed by store) copy to the same store, the guy was pretty suspicious and asked for my driver license and address. I was like wtf. I would say that's unusual for returns anywhere. I bet they must let you return, but just wont treat you nice.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']So, these extra discounts finally got me to bite. I picked up...

Odin Sphere - $16
NBA Street Homecourt 360 - $10
Sega Collection PS2 - $9
Sonic Mega Collection+ - $9

Oddly, though, my coupon would not go through. The girl scanned it, it read, but the discount would not show up. Oh well, it would have only saved me an extra $4 or so. $45 for these four games seemed fair enough to me. Also, they still had a lot of sealed copies of some games. Two of the four games I got were sealed.[/quote]

I don't think that coupon ever worked properly, but they still should have honored it. (assuming it was actually from the magazine, and not a print out) Same thing happened to me.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Anybody got any of the discount codes for shipping or anything? Thanks.[/quote]

cag16 gets you 16% off used games
saver gets you free shipping

I used them yesterday so they work

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does the discount show up after hitting total? I called the local GS and Burnout Revenge still coming up as $29.99[/quote]

Answered my own question since I just bought it...it does show up as $12.99 after hitting total.

[quote name='F.E.A.R.']cag16 gets you 16% off used games
saver gets you free shipping

I used them yesterday so they work[/quote]

Thank you!

I managed to pick up
(360)Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2- $20
(360)Virtua Tennis 3 - $16
(PS2)Odin Sphere - $16

Not too bad considering I was just days away from purchasing Forza 2.

Lucky me, didn't even know these were dropping today (meant to grab Odin Sphere yesterday but got there too late). 16 bucks seems like a steal, I'm just sorry I forgot about the 10% off code. Forgot my weekly coupon too, so I'll probably be heading back tomorrow (not my best week).

picked up some ps2 games for a kid:

Twisted Metal Black 6.99 (used)
Tekken 5 7.99 (new)

not bad but did not find any of those mad catz team sports controllers i was told about for $9

[quote name='uglyteradon']Anybody got any of the discount codes for shipping or anything? Thanks.[/quote]

VALUE - free media mail shipping with no tracking for orders over $25
DIAMOND - $10 off for over $75 (even 74.99 is not okay)

Note that you cannot combine them. So if you get more than $75, use the $10 off and pay $4 for value shipping.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Could I do a return/rebuy with Monster Hunter?[/quote]

If you ripped the seal apart, I highly doubt it.

[quote name='cleaver']Does the 10% off coupon work for anyone, because I thought it expired yesterday? And are the UMDs further discounted?[/quote]

Tried the coupon today, but it's a no go for me.

[quote name='tagout']Tried the coupon today, but it's a no go for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here, it scanned but was ignored by computer. That's okay, picked up Hitman and NBA Street Homecourt for 360 for $26, can't complain.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Well there was no seal to be ripped apart.[/quote]

Really? I bought NFS Carbon today and they put a seal on it to make sure if you return the game you didn't open it.

Sadly, Viking and SEGA Superstars Tennis aren't discounted further. In fact, they took them from the display at the Gamestop I was at. I'll just pick up a used copy when the have a B2G1. Doesn't matter when they have it, I have plenty of titles to play until then.

10% coupon worked for me, but the receipt says "Promotion Not Found." It might have been a manual override, but I got the discount at two stores.

Traded in (before extra $10):
Tomb Raider Wii - $9
Mercury Meltdown Revolution - $5

Picked up (after discounts):
Virtua Fighter 5 - $14.39
Odin Sphere - $14.39
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - $14.39

Some Sony system love today.

I went to 2 local GS today and got:

Odin Sphere PS2-$15.99
Valhalla Knights PSP- $15.99
Command & Conquer 3 X360-$12.99
Brave Story -$15.99 (fs copy)
Monster hunter 2 -$15.99

It seems they still have a lot games left.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']I went to 2 local GS today and got:

Odin Sphere PS2-$15.99
Valhalla Knights PSP- $15.99
Command & COmquer 3 -$12.99
Brave Story -$15.99 (fs copy)
Monster hunter 2 -$15.99

It seems they still have a lot games left.[/QUOTE]

nah not worth my time picking up Brave story for 16 already beat it .. if it was 10 i would of

I went to my local GS at lunch and most everything was gone except some PS2 and PSP games. I made a comment about them selling everything and the guy said they pulled a lot of it out of the bin before they opened today because if was not on sale anymore. I think they just didn't want to sell them for the rock bottom prices or were keeping them in back for themselves or friends.

I used the coupon today and it scanned but didn't take anything off. I handed him my gc and I didn't get charged tax, so I got like 8% off instead of 10%.

Also, they had a copy of odin sphere with the new games priced at $40. I asked if it was part of the sale and he told me no.

Got a buncha prices here from one of the stores I went to. A lot of stuff dropped, some didn't. Here's what did drop that I saw:

:ps2:
$7.99
Tekken 5

$8.99
Destroy All Humans! 2
Katamari Demacy
SEGA Genesis Collection
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Sonic Riders
Soul Calibur III
Tomb Raider Legend

$9.99
Cabela's Alaskan Adventure

$15.99

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Odin Sphere

:psp:
$8.99
Blitz: Overtime
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX

$9.99
Full Auto 2: Battlelines

$12.99
SEGA Genesis Collection
Sonic Rivals
Worms: Open Warfare 2

$15.99
Brave Story: New Traveler
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Valhalla Knights

:ds:
$7.99
EA Playground
Uno/Skip-Bo/Uno Freefall

$8.99
Worms: Open Warfare 2

$12.99
Nervous Brickdown
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll

$14.99
Rafa Nadal Tennis

$17.99
baby pals

:360:
$7.99
Xbox 360 Cooler

$9.99
Need For Speed Carbon

$12.99
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

$15.99
Hitman: Blood Money
Virtua Tennis 3

:ps3:
$15.99
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Tennis 3

:wii:
$15.99
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Quite a few Wii games stayed the same price:

-Fishing Master
-Mortal Kombat Armageddon
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
-The Bigs
-The Sims 2: Pets

[quote name='ets']PS3 SST went back up?[/quote]
Looks like the Wii, 360, PS2 and PS3 versions are back to their $20 prices, though listed as "temporary price drops" on the site. Even though this isn't true, as their used prices are lower than the new prices.

The DS version is oddly listed as being $14.98. Odd because GameStop prices are pretty much always ending with an odd number (5 or 9).

bread's done
Back