Gamestop - Gameday Sale Begins March 26th

Last year's sale sucked... there was only 1 good game (Valkyria Chronicles) and a bunch of crap.

Plus, the fact that they gutted all their games was a huge downer.

Picked up Valkyria Chronicles and something else last year, looking forward to getting at least one good deal this year and I'll be happy.

Can't wait last year I scored Persona 3, gun/wheel combo for wii, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Civ Revolution and Ghost Squad. There was also a glitch that allowed discounts for some when ordering online.

[quote name='cRodz']:hot:

The day Gamestop get sued, that day will be a Good Day. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, regardless how good the deals are, don't expect any of the games to be actually sealed. All the titles will be gutted (i.e. opened and taped on the side with GameStop stickers).

To be honest, this doesn't bug me much -- I buy to play anyways. I remember picking up SC3 last time for $9 through this sale :) Everything else was sort of meh.

[quote name='Vinny']Last year's sale sucked... there was only 1 good game (Valkyria Chronicles) and a bunch of crap.

Plus, the fact that they gutted all their games was a huge downer.[/QUOTE]

Not every store gutted. That crappy Tomb Raider Anniversary I bought was sealed.

I could go for a non GOTY Fallout for $14.99

[quote name='LittLeLives']One good game last year?
Dang, you guys are so selective.
Don't forget Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles was on sale, too.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. The people posting that stuff are being real silly. There were a number of great games at great prices. I picked up the PS2 RE Essentials and Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP for a total of, I think, $25. That right there is more than "one" good deal from last year's sale.

Also, the people saying ALL the games will be gutted are incorrect. This is YMMV. My local stores only gut a few copies to put in the bin. There are generally still sealed copies behind the counter. Make sure to ask if they have any.

[quote name='cRodz']A single deal leak from my Gamestop sources:
Uncharted 2 for 25!

You heard it here first folks! ;)[/QUOTE]

If this is actually true, I may rebuy it with some of my credit I have. Then again, if they run a B2G1 before then I may just buy 3 more recent titles and forgo my pre-order for God Of War 3(again).

[quote name='Vinny']Last year's sale sucked... there was only 1 good game (Valkyria Chronicles) and a bunch of crap.

Plus, the fact that they gutted all their games was a huge downer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If you're only a one console owner(PS3 and only PS3 here), then the last year's sale sucked. There was not a single game on that list that I wasn't able to buy even cheaper somewhere else later in the year.

hm well looking over last years list, there really wasn't anything i would have been interested in buying (not saying there wasn't any good games though). hopefully this year is promising.

[quote name='ninja dog']wait...what's a gutted game? I'm not sure I've ever heard of this before...[/QUOTE]

GameStop employees open new games, take out the game and manual, and then place the case on the shelf (or in this case, in a bin). They serve as "display copies," which GS has the nerve to sell for full price.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameStop employees open new games, take out the game and manual, and then place the case on the shelf (or in this case, in a bin). They serve as "display copies," which GS has the nerve to sell for full price.[/QUOTE]

omfg, that's fucking fraud! has anyone ever tried calling the BBB or the police on them?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameStop employees open new games, take out the game and manual, and then place the case on the shelf (or in this case, in a bin). They serve as "display copies," which GS has the nerve to sell for full price.[/QUOTE]

Not that I doubt that this happens but, every time I have bought a new game from Gamestop it has come still sealed. They just give me one from behind the counter.

[quote name='ninja dog']omfg, that's fucking fraud! has anyone ever tried calling the BBB or the police on them?[/QUOTE]

yes some 1 call da police:roll:

Wait a minute. I thought you guys voted GameStop worst retailer of the year and know everyone is excited about their "deals"? WTF...

LOL! If they put this together with a B2G1 it might be totally worth it. I'm gonna keep an eye on this.

[quote name='oasisboy']Wait a minute. I thought you guys voted GameStop worst retailer of the year and know everyone is excited about their "deals"? WTF...[/QUOTE]

Its a Love/Hate relationship.

[quote name='ninja dog']wait...what's a gutted game? I'm not sure I've ever heard of this before...[/QUOTE]

I really hope you're being sarcastic, as I can't believe with the amount of "Gamestop sucks" threads that pop up on here that you've never seen or heard of this practice.:roll:

[quote name='DoriftoShoes']Not that I doubt that this happens but, every time I have bought a new game from Gamestop it has come still sealed. They just give me one from behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

Has it been heat sealed(melted seams)or was it Y-fold sealed where the plastic wrap is folded down on the case?

If it was the first one, then it might've been a resealing job, since many Gamestop stores have resealing equipment in the back room.:roll:

heard one thing (just rumor from one worker)

ALL UMD MOVIES will be between 99 cents to 1.99 (FINAL CALL) what doesnt sell will be sent back

Am I the only one NOT excited?

Anyone think it would be nice if they could save the guides they penny out, and use them in this sale, selling them at like $10 a guide? But, I guess that would cause them to loose some of their tax breaks... :/

(edit: If slildecage's rumor is true, I'm excited. lol)

Yeah, I'm expecting anything with a GOTY edition out or coming out to be on sale for $15-20. Probably a bunch of the Guitar Heroes. Should be interesting to see what the real gems are.

Didnt they have a B2G1 free around march if i can recall last year? I remember that was when i first got my 360 in january and i got bully, blue dragon, and lost odyessy.

Kinda figured this or just a b2g1 was going to be happening. This explains there big trade in bonus right now. We have been cashing in. Now its there turn

[quote name='oasisboy']Wait a minute. I thought you guys voted GameStop worst retailer of the year and know everyone is excited about their "deals"? WTF...[/QUOTE]

Well thats simple. Cheap games = win. I mean, gutted or not, $25 for Uncharted 2 would be a helluva steal. I picked up Silent Hill Origins and a few other games dirt cheap last time. If any games are $10 or less they would be hard to resist if they are somewhat new and good.

I wouldn't mind getting Fallout 3 GOTY even if it is buggy like people have said. I beat the main story and traded it in because nowadays it seems like a better idea to trade a game in and wait for the inevitable GOTY with all of the DLC.

dont get em wrong i love buying used games from gs but you'd never see me buya new title there unless its on sale. think the last time i got a new game there was when prototype went on sell for 30 last xmas (and still havnt played it lol)

[quote name='Kevfactor']dont get em wrong i love buying used games from gs but you'd never see me buya new title there unless its on sale. think the last time i got a new game there was when prototype went on sell for 30 last xmas (and still havnt played it lol)[/QUOTE]

That really makes no sense, I am taking it you don't like GS right? If so, you do realize that you are giving them A LOT more cash buying a used game instead of buying a new one?

Are the Gameday deals on used and/or new copies of the game? Also when the fuck is the next B2G1. I have all this credit and all these games I want

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Are the Gameday deals on used and/or new copies of the game? Also when the fuck is the next B2G1. I have all this credit and all these games I want[/QUOTE]

Take this as a grain of salt, but a RUMOR going around is....Its in 12 days :D

I'm really hoping for two things:

1. B2G1.

2. No More Heroes 2- if it's more than $10 off, I'll bite.

EDIT: Also, didn't last year's Gameday Sale include B2G1 on used? I don't see why this year would be any different.

ughh. gamedays, all "new" games that are gutted with nasty stickers lambasted on em..

last year's deals weren't that great. valkyria chronicles was about the only decent pickup other than chrono trigger ds, which wasn't even discounted that much.

bread's done
Back