Gamestop - Gameday Sale Begins March 26th

oman, was i hunting down EVERY gamestop for P3:FES all over at that time... finally had a fellow CAG meetup in town who had an extra for me.

[quote name='mitnosi']I took part in this sale without realizing it last year. Back then I only had a ps2 and got Persona 3: FES, and still haven't played it :O[/QUOTE]
Start right now :twoguns:

I remember last time I got Valkyria Chronicles for $30. They had some good deals but a lot of crap to filter through.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah, exactly - stuff that isn't selling that they need to move.

I predict Sabotour, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, Wolfenstein, and lots and lots of Wii shovelware. All for $5 less than current retail.[/QUOTE]

I'd love The Saboteur and Dante's Inferno for $20 but that's not gonna happen. They'll like be $30 and $40, respectively but those prices are nothing special...

I also picked up FF 1&2 for psp. The best thing to do is go into the sale with an open mind and don't expect mind blowing deals on newer titles.

I'll keep my eyes open, and I know they usually have older games on sale. But gamestop could be ballzy and offer some 1-3 month old games for $40, like they did with Darksiders.

My wishlist:

WKC
Demon's Souls
Bioshock 2
LBP GotY

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Here's one Gameday sale game - Brutal Legend $19.99

:p[/QUOTE]

You can get BL for this price for the PS3 @ Amazon.com.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You can get BL for this price for the PS3 @ Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

Thanks sherlock. I can also get it for $9.99 at most BBVs, which I did yesterday. I was just saying that GS will probably advertise this MSRP price reduction as a part of their sale.;)

Last year my local BestBuy put a few of the same games on sale during the GS Gameday sale. I specifically remember because I copped a sealed Valk Chronicles from BB instead of a gutted from GS. Though I did pick up FF1&2 for PSP though they were gutted, I just couldn't pass up the price they were at. $9.99 IIRC.

Big hopes for this year since I've held off on a handful of big name titles, looking for good prices.

[quote name='life.exe']Borderlands for $20 or nothing! What say you?![/QUOTE]

While I would LOVE this, I think there's no way in HELL that's happening. There hasn't been a price drop on Borderlands for months now - not since the holiday season, from what I can tell, and I've been looking. We MIGHT see it at $40, if we're lucky, which is sadly still a bit too much for me at this point in time - a month ago I would have jumped at that price, but now I'm fine waiting for it to hit $20 or come out with a GOTY with bundled DLC.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']

I'm wishing for some good deals on Dreamcast and Neo Geo games! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Smartest thing anyone has ever said ...

Good deal on Dreamcast games? Think they could possibly beat their old 75% off deal on all Dreamcast games and accessories? ;)

Ooh, I'm excited. They had some good sales last year. The one I liked the best was the $10 GH: Aerosmith with a wired controller. I needed a new, cheap/free controller, along with a new Guitar Hero game to satisfy my finger frenzy.

[quote name='mistrsam']An uncomfortable amount of optimism in this thread.[/QUOTE]

LET'S POSITIVE THINKING

1255235461566-1.jpg

[quote name='Mokilicious']Will recent releases be included?
Ex. Heavy Rain, Aliens Vs Predator, etc.[/QUOTE]

0% chance of that happening. :booty:

Stopped by my local Gamestop today...I'm in the know if you follow me......Stores will be getting in much of the sale stock soon.....I looked through the inventory today and only noticed a couple of things that were being stocked up....

Not Confirmed, but probably good guesses..

Cooking Mama(DS)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles(Wii)

We did have alot of Uncharted 2 Copies in which seemed out of place.....Here's wishful thinking.
Again, sorry was only up there a couple of minutes but may check your stores soon to see what they have 10+ copies of.

Spoke to a guy in my WoW guild who's a manager at his gamestop and he said that the list for these deals dont come out till a week before so they competition doesn't find out about them. So might be waiting a while.

[quote name='INSANEx708']does anyone know any specific games that will be on sale?[/QUOTE]

Yes, every single game that you've been wanting will be available, new, at a price below what you would gladly pay for.

Heavy Rain, Aliens Vs Predator, Uncharted 2, Dante's Inferno, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Modern Warfare 2...all half off. :roll:

[quote name='mitnosi']Spoke to a guy in my WoW guild who's a manager at his gamestop and he said that the list for these deals dont come out till a week before so they competition doesn't find out about them. So might be waiting a while.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. It will be a good while until we find out what games. It will not be anything very new.

All i want is B2g1 free. If rumors are true about the 13th of march thing, Im gonna go on a frenzy. I traded in most of my stuff, and im about to trade in the 360 i dont use anymore and more games, and ill have around 400+ credit which is gonna go ALL to PS3 games. :D!

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']All i want is B2g1 free. If rumors are true about the 13th of march thing, Im gonna go on a frenzy. I traded in most of my stuff, and im about to trade in the 360 i dont use anymore and more games, and ill have around 400+ credit which is gonna go ALL to PS3 games. :D![/QUOTE]

those rumors are not true to the best of my knowledge.

The OP has been right in the past about GS sales so I believe him. Edit: Not a response to the post above mine. ;)

[quote name='BanetheInsane']From what I could find on google it seems they have 50% off on select titles during the sale.[/QUOTE]
i hope they got the good stuff 50% off. i'm looking for nba and mlb 2k10 for a deep discount

why not ask the person who broke the news on that gamestop 50% trade in credit deal. didnt they work at gamestop if so they would know if its true or not or at the very least they could find out.

[quote name='Thasmagal']crossing my fingers for Sacred 2 $20.00[/QUOTE]

If you can't wait for this supposed sale to happen, check GoHastings.com as they have it on there for $28 right now used. I got a copy from them(that I just traded last week to GS for $12:bomb:)for $22 during their 30% off sale a while ago.

Just keep an eye out for a possible 20-30% off sale from GoHastings and you should be able to find a copy for pretty cheap.

bread's done
Back