Gamestop - Gameday Sale Begins March 26th

ok...so where is the source for this...I work at GS part time..I Looked through emails, was on the call today, Looked through store informer...NOTHING BIG FAT fucking nothing.
I CALL BULLSHIT!!

For now.

[quote name='Vinny']Last year's sale sucked... there was only 1 good game (Valkyria Chronicles) and a bunch of crap.

Plus, the fact that they gutted all their games was a huge downer.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that was the only good game last year. The year before that was a bit better I believe.

Will look forward to it, but not expecting anything good.

[quote name='Oswald9599']ok...so where is the source for this...I work at GS part time...[/QUOTE]

It is a super-secret email only for the full timers...you don't qualify;)

Seems like every time one of these deals pops up, all of the anti-GS folks come out to complain. Yep, Valkyria Chronicles was the ONLY good deal last year...well, except for Guitar Hero Aerosmith for the 360 and a wired guitar for only $10...or Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for $30 (still $50 at the time)...or Final Fantasy Tactics PSP for $10...yep, only one good deal, guys...

Usually around this same time, doesn't Best Buy run their annual game "clearance" dump as well? There were a lot of games available at some astonishing prices last year. Not all great, but not all bad either. Definitely worth showing up early for.

Anyone know when (or if) this will be happening this year?

in b4 anything is confirmed, last years was V. Chronicles but everything was gutted. Also it was priced at $29.99 now it can be grabbed for lower

[quote name='ShallowDepths']Usually around this same time, doesn't Best Buy run their annual game "clearance" dump as well? There were a lot of games available at some astonishing prices last year. Not all great, but not all bad either. Definitely worth showing up early for.

Anyone know when (or if) this will be happening this year?[/QUOTE]

man that was one sweet sale .

[quote name='whywakeup']man that was one sweet sale .[/QUOTE]

I don't think I scored any of those $10 games I think they had last year, but a year or two earlier I grabbed up both of the remaining Beatmania bundles, which were only $1.99.:shock:

What was better though was that I sold both to the one local shop for about $75.:lol::D

[quote name='bobo2k4']I'm guessing gamestop is just going to sell us back the games we just traded in.[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahaha. i pretty much thought the same thing once i heard about the 50% trade up. theyll probably just have a b2g1

Hoping for Borderlands/ Modern Warfare 2... probably asking to much... i would take RE5 i guess, mainly hoping for some of those fall releases of 2009 to hit 30-40 which means 25-35 used WOOT. B2G1 PLZ

idk why people complain about gamestop i have been on CAG only a few months and have since taking gamestop to cleaners. I was considering taking back L4D2 (TIV 29+) and getting extra 50% cause i just got it from the sale game-stop had like 2 weeks ago for $28 and then i can pick up a another copy during B2G1.

[quote name='killer9']yes some 1 call da police:roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I really hope you're being sarcastic, as I can't believe with the amount of "Gamestop sucks" threads that pop up on here that you've never seen or heard of this practice.:roll:
[/QUOTE]

fish in a barrel

I'm waiting for the second wave of Gameday sale when they are trying to dump all the Gameday sale items for much cheaper.

Actually made last year sale decent at those prices. But the initial gameday sale prices were okay. Nothing to really make me want to purchase right away.

How is getting Silent Hill Origins and MGSPO Plus for $10 not a deal? Only problem is that they gutted the game at B&M store

Give me Magna Carta 2 for 30 bucks or lower and I'm in for one.

I think a Dante's Inferno price drop for the PS3 is wishful thinking, but man that would be awesome. Almost no chance for that to happen.

some of these wishes are a little bit crazy, but i suppose that's what wishes are supposed to be right?

hoping for a good deal on bayonetta!

Perhaps MLB 2K10 will drop by March 25th. If not, I'm hoping for a sale price on Halo Wars, Fallout 3 GOTY, or Need for Speed Shift.

Anyone know if this sale is on new or used games? Is it online or off? If I could get a sale price + CAG16 + EDGE... I'd be a very happy boy. ^_^

[quote name='Chuplayer']Meh, I got screwed over last year. I picked up Valkyria Chronicles (crap), Devil May Cry Collection (crap), and Guitar Hero Aerosmith (surprisingly good, the cheapest, and still came with the free guitar). I should have picked up Sonic Rush Adventure instead of Valkyria Crapicles and Devil May Crap.[/QUOTE]
What? VC is a great game. It may be hard to stray away from Call of Duty and God of War games, that have been rehashed and redone 1000's of times ... but give it a chance :p

And as far as the sale goes, I hope there is some decent stuff, but as usual with GS, I am definitely not holding my breath.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Meh, I got screwed over last year. I picked up Valkyria Chronicles (crap), Devil May Cry Collection (crap), and Guitar Hero Aerosmith (surprisingly good, the cheapest, and still came with the free guitar). I should have picked up Sonic Rush Adventure instead of Valkyria Crapicles and Devil May Crap.[/QUOTE]

You thought Valkyria Chronicles was crap, yet thought GH: Aerosmith was good?

Ahhhh the annual Gameday thread where people make outlandish wishes for this sale like cheap copies of Modern Warfare 2 and whatever popular game that came out during the last Christmas season. And then once the list is revealed, we will have a lot of wet eyes coming back complaining about how much the sale sucks and Gamestop is the devil.

Valkyria Chronicles was good, nothing great though. Very happy I waited until it was $20 as opposed to anything higher.

Not sure if I'll get the next one for PSP or not.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']some of these wishes are a little bit crazy, but i suppose that's what wishes are supposed to be right?

hoping for a good deal on bayonetta![/QUOTE]

Naw, people wishing for deals on Modern Warfare 2, demon souls, etc aren't crazy at all....

I'm wishing for some good deals on Dreamcast and Neo Geo games! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

:roll:

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Perhaps MLB 2K10 will drop by March 25th. If not, I'm hoping for a sale price on Halo Wars, Fallout 3 GOTY, or Need for Speed Shift.

Anyone know if this sale is on new or used games? Is it online or off? If I could get a sale price + CAG16 + EDGE... I'd be a very happy boy. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Most of the game day sale are so called new games by gamestop. They are new but a gutted copy.

I don't really expect anything that's less than a year old to show up here, and if something newish does, it probably won't be a game you'd wanna pick up in the first place.

Some great games that I bought before were:

Final Fantasy 1 PSP
Final Fantasy 2 PSP
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP

Odin Sphere
Street Fighter 4

Those are some that I bought and they were priced just right. I believe the PSP games were 9.99. SF4 for 20 when retail it was still MSRP/ Forgot how much Odin sphere was but I want to say 14.99-19.99....

I remember this sale i got VC, but i remember the last week of the sale they would take an additional 10% or 15% off on whatever games they had left. I also remember they would have 10% off coupon for the sale in a gaming magazine which is nice.

[quote name='SgtMcQuacks']You thought Valkyria Chronicles was crap, yet thought GH: Aerosmith was good?[/QUOTE]

just read his prior blogs. Its just about his pure frustrations with the game. I for one thought it was a complete game..and glad the members here recommended it to me. It was my first ps 3 game and i will probably never get rid of it.

I think ill pick up more stuff on teh PS 3 from this sale...well if there is anything that is worth picking up..which i am sure there is.

I'm fairly certain I grabbed Valkyria Chronicles at Gameday for $20 when it was still retailing for $60. I'm looking forward to this year's.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ahhhh the annual Gameday thread where people make outlandish wishes for this sale like cheap copies of Modern Warfare 2 and whatever popular game that came out during the last Christmas season. And then once the list is revealed, we will have a lot of wet eyes coming back complaining about how much the sale sucks and Gamestop is the devil.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I'm hoping for much of the same from last year. PSP movies pretty please. These things are great when you're sitting in a 500 student lecture about the alignment of the planets :lol:

Most of what will be sold is going to be discontinued stuff. I guessed earlier, but I'll expand on my guesses.

Wii:
Metroid Prime Triology $25
Warioland: Shake It $15
Random Wii Games $10
Pikmin: $15

Xbox 360:
Fallout 3: $15
Resident Evil 5: $15
SFIV: $15
Saints Row 2: $15
Halo Wars: $15
Banjo Kazooie: $10
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $10

PS3:
Fallout 3: $15
RE5: $15
SFIV: $15
Saints Row 2: $15
Wet: $20
Heavenly Sword: $20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: $10

Please keep in mind that these are just my guesses and not the actual list. While Uncharted 2 would be amazing at that price, I doubt it. I haven't even seen a sale for under $50 on that game. I do think that those Uncharted/PS3 controller packages GS has could be on sale for $40 though.

[quote name='Relysis']I'm fairly certain I grabbed Valkyria Chronicles at Gameday for $20 when it was still retailing for $60. I'm looking forward to this year's.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was 30 last year. Anyway it was still a good deal and the sale had just about a little something for everybody. If you bought the games online the games were not gutted. At least for me anyway.

Here is what i want:

Katamari Forever
Afrika
White Knight Chronicles

Otherwise, i have every single game i want on every other system already.

[quote name='0dantheman0']my wishful thinking is for bins of non-gutted 50% off games...i can dream[/QUOTE]

At least at the stores around me, in general, they have stopped gutting new PC games. It's a start.

I'm very skeptical this year. The lowered sales/economy shit has made Gamestop's asshole pucker tighter than ever on this shit. I expect to see copies of The Sabotour for $30 and Dante's Inferno for $40 and them trying to clear out a bunch of wii shovelware that isn't selling.

If it's better than that, good, but they haven't been promising lately with any deals, and the gameday sale sucked last year.

[quote name='UberSwiss']

Please keep in mind that these are just my guesses and not the actual list. While Uncharted 2 would be amazing at that price, I doubt it. I haven't even seen a sale for under $50 on that game. I do think that those Uncharted/PS3 controller packages GS has could be on sale for $40 though.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 was $40 for about a week in December. This was what Walmart and Amazon was selling it for. $40 was a very good price for a recent game that was still selling well.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm very skeptical this year. The lowered sales/economy shit has made Gamestop's asshole pucker tighter than ever on this shit. I expect to see copies of The Sabotour for $30 and Dante's Inferno for $40 and them trying to clear out a bunch of wii shovelware that isn't selling.

If it's better than that, good, but they haven't been promising lately with any deals, and the gameday sale sucked last year.[/QUOTE]

$40 Dante's Inferno would be a definate possiblity but this has been the sales price Hastings and currently Target is selling it for. If it is a part of the sale, I hope it is $35.

They usually put a couple of decent games on the list and a lot of crap they just want to move.

Yeah, exactly - stuff that isn't selling that they need to move.

I predict Sabotour, Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, Wolfenstein, and lots and lots of Wii shovelware. All for $5 less than current retail.

Joke post?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ahhhh the annual Gameday thread where people make outlandish wishes for this sale like cheap copies of Modern Warfare 2 and whatever popular game that came out during the last Christmas season. And then once the list is revealed, we will have a lot of wet eyes coming back complaining about how much the sale sucks and Gamestop is the devil.[/QUOTE]

In keeping with tradition, I hereby make my wish they would sell FFXIII for 19.99

I picked up Valkyria Chronicles during this sale last year for $30. Best $30 I spent in a while. Hopefully some good titles will be available this year.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm very skeptical this year. The lowered sales/economy shit has made Gamestop's asshole pucker tighter than ever on this shit. I expect to see copies of The Sabotour for $30 and Dante's Inferno for $40 and them trying to clear out a bunch of wii shovelware that isn't selling.

If it's better than that, good, but they haven't been promising lately with any deals, and the gameday sale sucked last year.[/QUOTE]

I was geeked for a couple items last sale. House of the Dead, Namco Museum (most-sought-after for me), and a couple GH games in the $9.99 range that coincided with the free guitar promo (w/ new GH purchase).

I bought 2 guitars and 4 games for $40. Seems like a good Gamedays Sale to me :applause::lol::applause:

I took part in this sale without realizing it last year. Back then I only had a ps2 and got Persona 3: FES, and still haven't played it :O

bread's done
Back