Gamestop - Gameday Sale March 26th List

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games

DS

Ben 10 :AFA - 14.99
COP:The Recruit - 19.99

PSP
Warhammer 40K Squad - 14.99
Worms 2 - 9.99

360 Assas 2 - 39.99
left for dead 2 39.99
quantum of Soalace 9.99 or 14.99

Wii
deal or no deal 14.99
foodnet worrk cooked - 29.99
kung fu panda - 14.99
rabids go home 19.99
res ev 4 - 14.99
res ev - umbrella 19.99
spider-man web of shadows - 14.99

PS3
Disgia 3 - 14.99
fallout 19.99
metal gear solid 19.99
saw - 19.99
shaun white 1 - 14.99

ps2
crash of titans - 14.99
crash mind over mutant -14.99
karoke rev american idol - 19.99
legend of spyro 14.99

LOTS of PSP movies 2.99-4.99
WAY MORE TO COME

[quote name='JCAll']The whole site was damn near empty for months. Another B2G1 right now would probably choke them to death. Plus I just bought 2 games, and I would be sad.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you are still within the 7 day return period for those two games then, since if it happens you could just return them and then pick them right back up with a third game for free.:D

They cant have a B2G1 yet. They have to hold out until the end of the month, and the other games of fall lower to 40 (borderlands and MW2 might drop like assassins creed and left 4 dead 2) i haven't bought nearly anything waiting for a B2G1 and i want to make it count. (if the prices dont drop i hope that at least you can use CAG16/Edge Stack with B2G1 that makes all used games 50% price [assuming all 3 are same price]).

Would be in for ME2, MW2, Borderlands. and like 6 cheap ass games like forza 3, saints row 2, Gears of war 2, RE5, ext.

You might be able to get God of War III, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2, and may be a copy of Bad Company 2 due to game lengths and the how long the game has been out for.

so far Disgaea is the only one that i'm interested in. Hopefully they will have something else just as good later.

Ewww ... I was waiting to see what their list was like after last year's solid deals and I'm very disappointed. Disgaea is the only thing worth grabbing, but it's not a home run by any stretch.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Assuming there's going to be a B2G1 with this sale like there was last year, you all might want to keep an eye on this page on Gamestop.com. It currently says December 26-27(which I believe was the last B2G1).

I'll be keeping an eye on it too to see if it changes anytime soon. Here's hoping there's a B2G1 on Saturday though, as I have my eye on copies Demon's Souls, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Uncharted 2. Though I already played U2, so maybe I'll choose a different third game.

Anyway, here's the link(keep an eye on this page for a date change for a possible B2G1): http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/[/QUOTE]

By Saturday.. you mean THIS coming Saturday? .. or the Saturday before the Gamesday sale?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']By Saturday.. you mean THIS coming Saturday? .. or the Saturday before the Gamesday sale?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop did a B2G1 around this time LAST year or so, so hopefully they keep up with the cycle and do it around the same time. I'm hoping it's THIS Saturday and Sunday, although if it is I'll have to compete with the crowds from our St. Drunkies....errrr Patty's Day parade.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hopefully you are still within the 7 day return period for those two games then, since if it happens you could just return them and then pick them right back up with a third game for free.:D[/QUOTE]
Cheap I may be, but I'm far too lazy for that. I'll just buy 2 more games so I don't feel left out :D

Clever Gamestop, very clever.

If I knew for certain they would be doing it(damn you GS for last minute notices on when you're doing this:bomb:), I would go and 'pre-buy' two of the three titles I want so I at least have something I want to play, even if the sale doesn't pan out.

Then I would just return them if the sale doesn't happen.

I really would like a B2G1 to happen during the sale. That way I could get all three Disgaea games, Sonic Genesis Collection, and maybe Fallout GOTY if I can find one.

I do agree that besides Disgaea the sale (thus far) looks rather weak.

Although I recommend Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles (although you can find them cheaper elsewhere)

[quote name='WrexManor']How much does a DS Lite Trade-In For at Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

My friend just traded one in and got $75 credit with the $30 bonus.

[quote name='karkyco']My friend just traded one in and got $75 credit with the $30 bonus.[/QUOTE]

This is a very good TIV actually. Wow, I didn't expect them to give so much.

Nice.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']noob q but shouldnt the list have come out yesterday?[/QUOTE]

no, patience is a virtue.

if u trade in L4D2 and have a gamestop membership card, u get like $47 for it....so im gonna trade it in (for like two weeks lol) and buy it when it's 40 on game days sale :). u make 7 store credit dollars off it :p

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']From the looks of it, they really need to run a B2G1 to make most of us happy :)[/QUOTE]

Some of us though(ME:D:booty:)wouldn't even be happy with a B2G1 at this point, since it might happen this weekend when my local malls will be flooded with St. Paddy Day parade people n raped of anything good before I decide to get there in the afternoon after all of the crowds die down.:cry:

I went by GS today and the two employees working the desk didn't know a thing about a possible B2G1 free sale on used games. They both told me that it MIGHT happen this summer since they haven't got any extra games in (on possible sale copies) so that it was highly unlikely.

Then again, I told them about the Gamesday sale and they had no idea that was going to go down either.

[quote name='KingofGames']The weekly ad is out. What makes you think there's a b2g1f this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think they usually run the B2G1 during the sale. The sale doesnt start until what the 25-26?

Thats 2 weeks away so I dont see them doing it yet.

I think they will end up doing it during the sale so they can get rid of some of these games they are getting through the 50% extra deal and *try* to get people to buy the Game Days stuff.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I went by GS today and the two employees working the desk didn't know a thing about a possible B2G1 free sale on used games. They both told me that it MIGHT happen this summer since they haven't got any extra games in (on possible sale copies) so that it was highly unlikely.

Then again, I told them about the Gamesday sale and they had no idea that was going to go down either.[/QUOTE]

I SO Hope you went to a GS where CAGs know 10x more than the employees themsevles

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I went by GS today and the two employees working the desk didn't know a thing about a possible B2G1 free sale on used games. They both told me that it MIGHT happen this summer since they haven't got any extra games in (on possible sale copies) so that it was highly unlikely.

Then again, I told them about the Gamesday sale and they had no idea that was going to go down either.[/QUOTE]
Typical GS employees, dumb and clueless.

[quote name='jigsaw918']if u trade in L4D2 and have a gamestop membership card, u get like $47 for it....so im gonna trade it in (for like two weeks lol) and buy it when it's 40 on game days sale :). u make 7 store credit dollars off it :p[/QUOTE]
I trade mine in yesterday and only got 15 in base value. Who told you that L4D2 is 47?

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I trade mine in yesterday and only got 15 in base value. Who told you that L4D2 is 47?[/QUOTE]

That'd be a trade in value from a week or two ago. ME2 was also giving 56 TiV at that time too.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']This is a very good TIV actually. Wow, I didn't expect them to give so much.

Nice.[/QUOTE]

I thought the bonus was only if you traded in towards a new system.

I'm debating trading in my DS Lite since Pokemon is the only game I have/would ever want to have. The Dpad is awful on the DS I got (can't do diagonal upright unless you press down really hard).

I would jump at the ability to get $75 for it though.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Yeah I think they usually run the B2G1 during the sale. The sale doesnt start until what the 25-26?

Thats 2 weeks away so I dont see them doing it yet.

I think they will end up doing it during the sale so they can get rid of some of these games they are getting through the 50% extra deal and *try* to get people to buy the Game Days stuff.[/QUOTE]

If true, then it's even better, since I can then pick up Just Cause 2, BF:BC 2 and Demon's Souls for $100 total IF they have a B2G1 during the sale.:D

I figure that someone will get sick of JC2 within a week from my local area, trade it in for jackshit and thus allow me to swoop in and grab it as part of the 3 games I want.:D It's already happened with both DS and BF:BC2(checked stock in store and website a day or so ago).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If true, then it's even better, since I can then pick up Just Cause 2, BF:BC 2 and Demon's Souls for $100 total IF they have a B2G1 during the sale.:D

I figure that someone will get sick of JC2 within a week from my local area, trade it in for jackshit and thus allow me to swoop in and grab it as part of the 3 games I want.:D It's already happened with both DS and BF:BC2(checked stock in store and website a day or so ago).[/QUOTE]

It seems like a longshot, but it is possible. I scored AVP and Bioshock 2 yesterday (along with Bayonetta) in Gamecrazy's B2G1. They've been out about a month now but I was surprised to find them already. The big question is will people get tired of GOW 3 quick enough for anyone to score a copy if GS runs a B2G1.

[quote name='JoshTX']It seems like a longshot, but it is possible. I scored AVP and Bioshock 2 yesterday (along with Bayonetta) in Gamecrazy's B2G1. They've been out about a month now but I was surprised to find them already. The big question is will people get tired of GOW 3 quick enough for anyone to score a copy if GS runs a B2G1.[/QUOTE]

That would be insane, though I'm sure a big exclusive like GOW3 will probably be snapped up as quickly as it's traded in for a while.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That would be insane, though I'm sure a big exclusive like GOW3 will probably be snapped up as quickly as it's traded in for a while.:cry:[/QUOTE]

The insane part of that is these people snatch up the used copies and after tax maybe save $3 ... Why not spend the extra $5 and do the Devs justice and buy it new ???

[quote name='Derrick1979']The insane part of that is these people snatch up the used copies and after tax maybe save $3 ... Why not spend the extra $5 and do the Devs justice and buy it new ???[/QUOTE]

You really want an answer to that question or you just want to puff out your chest as a supporter of 'developers'? I'll assume this was an honest inquiry and not just a rhetorical question.

Real life scenario (excluding taxes which vary), a game new costs $60, used $55. A person with an EDGE card would pay $60 new, $50 used. That's now a $10 difference. Any CAG that keeps up with the deals would know that many games can be had for that $10. So why would say person spend $60 to get one game when they know they could spend that same $60 and get *two* (or more) games?

Basically, it's not my job to "do the Devs justice". That actually never factors into my game buying decisions. I'm not of the mindset that used games are going to kill off game making. Gamestop is a multi-billion dollar company; so are EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Valve, etc. None of them seem to be going anywhere.

I'll stop here so as to not threapcrap further. Perhaps I'll pursue this in a blog...

[quote name='hostyl1']
Real life scenario (excluding taxes which vary), a game new costs $60, used $55. A person with an EDGE card would pay $60 new, $50 used. That's now a $10 difference. Any CAG that keeps up with the deals would know that many games can be had for that $10. So why would say person spend $60 to get one game when they know they could spend that same $60 and get *two* (or more) games?

Basically, it's not my job to "do the Devs justice". That actually never factors into my game buying decisions. I'm not of the mindset that used games are going to kill off game making. Gamestop is a multi-billion dollar company; so are EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Valve, etc. None of them seem to be going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

If we're talking about newly released games and even MORE REALISTIC real life scenarios...I bet there are deals all over this board for new games that would cost less than at Gamestop used.

Also, it's a bit inaccurate to think of the gaming industry of only its richest publishers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hostyl1']You really want an answer to that question or you just want to puff out your chest as a supporter of 'developers'? I'll assume this was an honest inquiry and not just a rhetorical question.

Basically, it's not my job to "do the Devs justice". That actually never factors into my game buying decisions. I'm not of the mindset that used games are going to kill off game making. Gamestop is a multi-billion dollar company; so are EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Valve, etc. None of them seem to be going anywhere.

I'll stop here so as to not threapcrap further. Perhaps I'll pursue this in a blog...[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some of us though(ME:D:booty:)wouldn't even be happy with a B2G1 at this point, since it might happen this weekend when my local malls will be flooded with St. Paddy Day parade people n raped of anything good before I decide to get there in the afternoon after all of the crowds die down.:cry:[/QUOTE]

There's no way they'd do this, particularly with the 50% trade in credit bonus on everything still valid until early next week, unless they were absolutely stupid, which is always a possibility.

[quote name='tossin']If we're talking about newly released games and even MORE REALISTIC real life scenarios...I bet there are deals all over this board for new games that would cost less than at Gamestop used.

Also, it's a bit inaccurate to think of the gaming industry of only its richest publishers.[/QUOTE]

Well even MORE REALISTIC many of us have cheap GS credit from trade-ins/flips so even some of the new release deals arent as cheap as the used GS games. But we can get into minutiae all day.

As for only the "richest publishers" comment, those people make the games I mostly play. I was speaking from my perspective. Who's a smaller publisher that I should have reference in your opinion?

BTW (honest question): Whose revenue gets cut when the games go on sale / clearance the pubs, devs, retailers or someone else?

[quote name='Gbear09']That'd be a trade in value from a week or two ago. ME2 was also giving 56 TiV at that time too.[/QUOTE]

DAMNIT!!!!! ur right!!! well good thing i found this out before going..... :/

[quote name='Derrick1979']The insane part of that is these people snatch up the used copies and after tax maybe save $3 ... Why not spend the extra $5 and do the Devs justice and buy it new ???[/QUOTE]

Well, if a B2G1 occurs sometime during the Gamedays sale and all three games I want are in stock and still $55 used each($50 each after taking off the 10% for EDGE, which stacked the last time they did a B2G1), it's like I'm paying for only TWO of those games plus tax with the deal.

However, if you wanna divide that total to cover all three games, that makes each game $35 each in this type of deal. That's $20 off the used price of EACH game.

Yeah. Sorry. But I'm not going to pay $25 extra(plus tax) and only get back MAYBE $20 if I went to trade that ONE title I paid $60 back in just to 'do the devs justice'.

Plus, with shittastically glitched games like Mercenaries 2 and others that have been released within the last couple of years, I really have no desire to support companies that may(or may not) be releasing glitchy shitware by paying FULL PRICE.

I'm a CAG, not a normal shnoook consumer, but if you wanna 'help the devs' go right ahead. I'll continue to get my cheap games and enjoy them just as much as the shmucks who pay $60, either because they don't know any better or because they 'wanna support the devs'.:roll:

I wish I could say the same about B2G1 but lately the GS around me have a 15 day hold policy on stuff that comes in (excuse is that they want to make sure the stuff isnt stolen or whatever). I may have to drive up north where that policy isnt in effect to get the games I want.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm a CAG, not a normal shnoook consumer, but if you wanna 'help the devs' go right ahead. I'll continue to get my cheap games and enjoy them just as much as the shmucks who pay $60, either because they don't know any better or because they 'wanna support the devs'.:roll:[/QUOTE]

LMAO :applause: So true brother, so true.

I am only going into this for a sec so as to not crap the thread but all I'll say is that (as a Gamer thats been around since Atari 2600)...

USED games have been a part of the business since FOREVER. Hell, my brother and I made enough money to open 2 video stores in the early 90's from used game sales at a local flea market. (we ended up closing shop a few years ago since keeping DVDs in shape is harder than the old VHS tapes and wasnt worth it anymore)

Gamestop has been around for a long time now and all I see is that the industry is getting BIGGER not smaller. People report that the industry is starting to rival the movie industry big time. People are watching less movies and playing games more and more.

Sorry but this talk about hurting the devs is a bunch of BS. Those dudes wanna make Neuro Surgeon money for releasing games with glitches they can shove it.

*no offense to the devs that make the games we all love because I know its hard work but to start to put these 'poison' codes in the new games to force people to buy them new or else lose add ons/features is BS*

Hey you know what, when devs start charing me $5 to download an 'unlock' code disguised as DLC to unlock content on the disc i just paid $60 bucks for, I don't feel bad at all buying a used games. (in case no one gets the reference, the new bioshock 2 dlc they're charging 5 bucks for is already on the cd it's just locked) devs can suck it, it's bad enough when they raised the price of games 10 bucks but now this crap? Devs are quickly loosing my sympathy.

[quote name='BayAreasTank']Hey you know what, when devs start charing me $5 to download an 'unlock' code disguised as DLC to unlock content on the disc i just paid $60 bucks for, I don't feel bad at all buying a used games. (in case no one gets the reference, the new bioshock 2 dlc they're charging 5 bucks for is already on the cd it's just locked) devs can suck it, it's bad enough when they raised the price of games 10 bucks but now this crap? Devs are quickly loosing my sympathy.[/QUOTE]
Disgaea 3 charged something like $50 total for a series of unlock codes for content on the disk already.
No sympathy. Ever.

In for Disgaea 3.

On "support the devs," wouldn't the real money be going to the distributors of the game? It's kind of like in music where you're not really paying the artist but the company that puts him or her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back