Gamestop - Gameday Sale March 26th List

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games

DS

Ben 10 :AFA - 14.99
COP:The Recruit - 19.99

PSP
Warhammer 40K Squad - 14.99
Worms 2 - 9.99

360 Assas 2 - 39.99
left for dead 2 39.99
quantum of Soalace 9.99 or 14.99

Wii
deal or no deal 14.99
foodnet worrk cooked - 29.99
kung fu panda - 14.99
rabids go home 19.99
res ev 4 - 14.99
res ev - umbrella 19.99
spider-man web of shadows - 14.99

PS3
Disgia 3 - 14.99
fallout 19.99
metal gear solid 19.99
saw - 19.99
shaun white 1 - 14.99

ps2
crash of titans - 14.99
crash mind over mutant -14.99
karoke rev american idol - 19.99
legend of spyro 14.99

LOTS of PSP movies 2.99-4.99
WAY MORE TO COME

[quote name='firecracker22']Can't Gamestop use the promo boxes for new games? I see empty cases all the time, with boxart, on racks for games that aren't going to be out for another few months.[/QUOTE]
This is what I wish they would do for new games.

[quote name='biledriver']Be honest. That's only because Gamestop is still too cheap to put security cameras in most of the stores. And those that have them rarely even make sure they are operating.

Oh and one more thing. No Gamestop has cameras in the system rooms(or the bathroom where they keep the systems, no I'm not kidding) So when stores are judged for shrink do you really think dump bin theft is actually the real problem there? No, Gamestop's shrink is almost 90% employee theft. But the customers foot the bill for it.[/QUOTE]

Dont know what gamestop you worked at but the one I worked for had a camera in the from of the store and in front of the systems room in the back. The one in the front saw most of the store (a very small store) and the back one saw you walking in and out with whatever. Could even see you walk out the back door.

[quote name='jcmeadows']Dont know what gamestop you worked at but the one I worked for had a camera in the from of the store and in front of the systems room in the back. The one in the front saw most of the store (a very small store) and the back one saw you walking in and out with whatever. Could even see you walk out the back door.[/QUOTE]

Well it depends on when he worked for Gamestop. There was a time where not every Gamestop has security cameras in the stock room, which is why stuff was stolen all the time. I remember when I used to work at Gamestop, our store was hit with a large number or shrink all the time, and I knew the majority of it came from the back room since the employees I worked with weren't exactly the cream of the crop. Nowadays the majority of the Gamestops have cameras in their store, but that's still not to say they all do. Out of the 4 Gamestops around me, there is still 1 Gamestop that does not have cameras in the stock room, and the only camera they have on the floor are fake security cameras that don't record to anywhere, just to make the customer aware of what's going on.

Now, can we get back to the actual point of the thread, which are the deals, instead of these ridiculous discussions about theft and security cameras?

[quote name='Izod517']Cameras aren't cheap - nor do they PREVENT theft. Loss is a huge problem in electronics categories in retail chains. If you don't like it, don't shop there.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I know people who work in loss prevention, and cameras do not do jack. People have walked right into their electronics department and attempted to walk right out with a display television.

The reality is, GS is not going to stop this practice, because most people do not care. Soccer moms and their kids do not think it's a problem. I also do not care, because I have never had a problem getting a sealed copy.

[quote name='Buzzman']What ddoes shrink mean?[/QUOTE]

Items that cannot be accounted for when a store does inventory. Most shrinkage is caused by theft, either from shoplifters or employees looking for extra "benefits."

[quote name='vherub']i don't mind stickers on stuff, as long as they are the stickers that easily peel off.
also, as to gutting, it seems worth it in the long rung to get the large plastic cases that other retailers use to keep floor inventory safe. head off the negative pr.[/QUOTE]

The "Negative PR" you talk about is a very very small minority. Your talking a couple hundred angry forum-goers mad cause they didnt get to open their new game vs. the millions of people who shop at gamestops weekly. As a store manager myself i can tell you the price of losing one or two customers a week to people who cannot fathom the thought that since noone used the game the game is not used, is far far less than the money my store would lose to shoplifters taking games.

[quote name='casual_alcoholic']Darn, this is the same day as PAX.[/QUOTE]

You must attend PAX it is your Nerd Duty.

[quote name='aeolus88']The "Negative PR" you talk about is a very very small minority. Your talking a couple hundred angry forum-goers mad cause they didnt get to open their new game vs. the millions of people who shop at gamestops weekly. As a store manager myself i can tell you the price of losing one or two customers a week to people who cannot fathom the thought that since noone used the game the game is not used, is far far less than the money my store would lose to shoplifters taking games.[/QUOTE]

If you're a GS store manager, can you answer this then?

Why are games behind the counter gutted? Wouldn't be easier for a person to sneak over there and steal a game in a paper envelope than to grab a game in a dvd case? This just doesn't make any sense to me.

[quote name='mogamer']If you're a GS store manager, can you answer this then?

Why are games behind the counter gutted? Wouldn't be easier for a person to sneak over there and steal a game in a paper envelope than to grab a game in a dvd case? This just doesn't make any sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Well, technically all the gutted games are suppose to be locked inside a drawer, but unfortunately not every Gamestop uses this practice. Only 2 of the Gamestops in my area does this practice. So in the perfect world, all the guts should be locked up and every Gamestop has cameras in them, but we all know that ain't happening.

[quote name='aeolus88']The "Negative PR" you talk about is a very very small minority. Your talking a couple hundred angry forum-goers mad cause they didnt get to open their new game vs. the millions of people who shop at gamestops weekly. As a store manager myself i can tell you the price of losing one or two customers a week to people who cannot fathom the thought that since noone used the game the game is not used, is far far less than the money my store would lose to shoplifters taking games.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's unused, except for the employees who took it home to test out. And even if it hasn't been "used", it's certainly not NEW, no matter how much you and Gamestop would like to redefine the word. NEW=EXACTLY AS IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY, MEANING FACTORY SEALED AS FAR AS 99.9% OF VIDEO GAMES GOES. PERIOD.

Now, I don't mind because like BigDaddyBruce, if I want a new copy of something from Gamestop, I'm going to get a factory sealed copy no problem. But please let's cut the bullshit already, this tired topic is just beating a dead horse. Gutted "new" games are NOT NEW. If you're okay with buying them in such a state, great. But to call them new is nonsense.

[quote name='Squarehard']Well, technically all the gutted games are suppose to be locked inside a drawer, but unfortunately not every Gamestop uses this practice. Only 2 of the Gamestops in my area does this practice. So in the perfect world, all the guts should be locked up and every Gamestop has cameras in them, but we all know that ain't happening.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the games where the cases are the floor. But the games that are on the shelf behind the sales associate. At every GS I visit the games behind the counter are in a paper envelope right next to the empty case on the same shelf. Sounds like a waste of labor to me.

[quote name='karkyco']Well, it's unused, except for the employees who took it home to test out. And even if it hasn't been "used", it's certainly not NEW, no matter how much you and Gamestop would like to redefine the word. NEW=EXACTLY AS IT CAME FROM THE FACTORY, MEANING FACTORY SEALED AS FAR AS 99.9% OF VIDEO GAMES GOES. PERIOD.

Now, I don't mind because like BigDaddyBruce, if I want a new copy of something from Gamestop, I'm going to get a factory sealed copy no problem. But please let's cut the bullshit already, this tired topic is just beating a dead horse. Gutted "new" games are NOT NEW. If you're okay with buying them in such a state, great. But to call them new is nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Too be honest, I don't like buying open games as new either. But I've solved that problem by not buying new games from GameStop (unless it's a deal that I can't pass up). There is always a choice and bitching about GS policies doesn't make sense when you find those games anywhere. For me Amazon is the place to get new games. Also Amazon credit is far better for me than codes for exclusive dlc or some plastic figure that will only collect dust (maybe that's why they're called collectibles ;)).

1) It's definitely not "a couple of hundred angry forum-goers." The issue of opened "new" games has been reported on by various gaming sites numerous times over the years. GS has to dole around 400K earlier this decade in a class action suit over the deceptive practice of selling opened and/or used games as new, which is where the semi-secretive practice of getting a percentage off them started (a practice it would seem that died out as quickly as it started).

2) Fine. The games aren't "used," even though GS has been investigated by the FTC for letting employees borrow the games and still selling them as new. Even if the games are not used, they are still opened. Almost every company in the world offers some sort of discount on opened items. It seems like small game stores are the only companies that get away with this.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']1) It's definitely not "a couple of hundred angry forum-goers." The issue of opened "new" games has been reported on by various gaming sites numerous times over the years. GS has to dole around 400K earlier this decade in a class action suit over the deceptive practice of selling opened and/or used games as new, which is where the semi-secretive practice of getting a percentage off them started (a practice it would seem that died out as quickly as it started).

2) Fine. The games aren't "used," even though GS has been investigated by the FTC for letting employees borrow the games and still selling them as new. Even if the games are not used, they are still opened. Almost every company in the world offers some sort of discount on opened items. It seems like small game stores are the only companies that get away with this.[/QUOTE]

I'm in total agreement with you. What I hate also is sometimes on their "new" games they have their retarded stickers placed directly on the insert. I can understand somewhat if they have a price sticker on the copy they are using as a display case (though it should never been on the insert) but having stickers on copies they have shoved in the drawer is ridiculous. Though as others have pointed out, they can use stuff like promo cases just as easy to display the game/prices. I completely stopped buying "new" games at gamestop outside of Devil Summoner 2 which of course was gutted.

i bought a gutted new game because it was the only "new" copy they had. after leaving the store i opened it up and looked at the disc. it had several deep gouges in the disc, that i could catch when running my nail over the disc. BIG F*** UP! they replaced it no questions asked, saying "hmm that shouldnt be." if you HAVE to get a gutted new game, CHECK THE DISC before leaving the store. that said ill never buy a gutted new game again, i just had to have some sweet predator/aliens action.

[quote name='rawrker']Nope they are ordered to gut all their gameday sale items.[/QUOTE]

Also don't forget about the stickers they put on that leave shit on your game case if you try to peel it off.

[quote name='rawrker']Nope they are ordered to gut all their gameday sale items.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely correct. All of the stores in my area open 3 to 5 copies to put in the bin. If they have excess copies, they leave them behind the counter. I've only bought one opened game out of 10 or so from past Game Days sales.

I can't believe anybody would wait to grab MGS 4 at this incredible 'sale' price. It's been $10 or less at how many holiday sales, and B2G1 Free sales...? Hell, you can walk into a Sam's Club right now and get it for around $18. How could $22 with tax even be considered a sale???

I was excited about this til I saw the list. This is a crap list except Disgaea 3 but I don't have a PS3 so nothing for me. I'll just have to wait monthes til a good game comes out so I can spend the rest of my gamestop credit.

[quote name='sgaldis']I can't believe anybody would wait to grab MGS 4 at this incredible 'sale' price. It's been $10 or less at how many holiday sales, and B2G1 Free sales...? Hell, you can walk into a Sam's Club right now and get it for around $18. How could $22 with tax even be considered a sale???[/QUOTE]
I waited this long because I am only recently getting a PS3, and can you link me to a place where it's that low? The lowest I've seen is $21 with free shipping from Amazon's Warehousedirect.

[quote name='mogamer']I'm not talking about the games where the cases are the floor. But the games that are on the shelf behind the sales associate. At every GS I visit the games behind the counter are in a paper envelope right next to the empty case on the same shelf. Sounds like a waste of labor to me.[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to all of the games that are locked up behind a glass door behind the counter, then I don't know why your Gamestops don't have those locked up, because everyone of the Gamestops around here have them locked up.

Occasionally they received shipment of games that day, and even though they are suppose to bring them to the back or lock them up right away, sometimes they get busy or lazy and they leave the games they received out in the open. Sometimes they also do counts of the games that are suppose to be locked up anyways and they leave them out in the open. I don't exactly understand what you mean by paper envelope. If you mean the game has been taken out and put into a cd sleeve, and is just sitting next to the game case and manual, that just means they were lazy and didn't get around to putting the games away yet after they gutted the new copy to display out to the floor.

But if either of these don't fit your description, I'm not exactly sure how all of your Gamestops operate, since they all operate differently, but none of the Gamestops around me has a line of games gutted and just left on the counter. The purpose of them gutting it is to put the box onto the floor, though its not always done in a timely manner, so sometimes it sits outside on the counter, but other than that, I don't understand what you mean by "in a paper envelope right next to the empty case on the same shelf".

"Hurr Durr, Remember how great last year's sale was even though I don't remember it? That must mean Stellar New Title #1205 will be $20!"

The only thing I'd ever steal from gamestop is a game manual if I need one. Otherwise, I pay for games... I just can't find it in me to steal stuff like games. I once tried to steal LocoRoco 2 from Wal-Mart(I took the UMD and left the case behind in the bathroom), but I just couldn't go through with it... =)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']If you're referring to all of the games that are locked up behind a glass door behind the counter, then I don't know why your Gamestops don't have those locked up, because everyone of the Gamestops around here have them locked up.

[/QUOTE]

The area I'm talking about is the shelves on the wall behind where the sales associate stands when ringing people up. There aren't any doors of any kind covering them up. They are just open shelves where the empty cases stand with the games in envelopes next to them. I live in the Detroit area and every GS I visit here (eastern Oakland/western Macomb counties) does the same thing. Maybe it's a district thing. Like I said, it doesn't make much sense.

[quote name='mogamer']The area I'm talking about is the shelves on the wall behind where the sales associate stands when ringing people up. There aren't any doors of any kind covering them up. They are just open shelves where the empty cases stand with the games in envelopes next to them. I live in the Detroit area and every GS I visit here (eastern Oakland/western Macomb counties) does the same thing. Maybe it's a district thing. Like I said, it doesn't make much sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes no sense at all now that I understand what you're talking about. Not a great idea to just have everything out in the open like that. Like I said, all the GS around me have them locked up behind a glass casing, so its not out in the open like that. Those stores shrink numbers must be huge.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']The only thing I'd ever steal from gamestop is a game manual if I need one. Otherwise, I pay for games... I just can't find it in me to steal stuff like games. I once tried to steal LocoRoco 2 from Wal-Mart(I took the UMD and left the case behind in the bathroom), but I just couldn't go through with it... =([/QUOTE]
wtf

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']The only thing I'd ever steal from gamestop is a game manual if I need one. Otherwise, I pay for games... I just can't find it in me to steal stuff like games. I once tried to steal LocoRoco 2 from Wal-Mart(I took the UMD and left the case behind in the bathroom), but I just couldn't go through with it... =([/QUOTE]

Dude, that's illegal.... However you look at it. You're probably the reason I didn't buy that "new" copy of Muramasa that was gutted and missing the manual. Thanks.

Wow. You're a dirty girl.

[quote name='Pura_Master']Does anyone know if there will be a buy two get one free used games deal?[/QUOTE]
For fucks sake.

I usually pickup a title or two during this promo but so far nothing of interest. Hopefully future updates will add some better titles. I was going to pickup borderlands @ gamestop, but i'm waiting to see if it makes the list.

Regarding the prices on some of the stuff, I'm sure they'll drop by the time the sale hits. It happened last year when the reported games prior to the sale were still GS prices. But then the sale hit and they dropped a fair amount.

Wait a minute a " =( " because you did not steal . DUDE !:shame::dunce:

CAG = Cheap Ass Gamer not Criminal Acts involving Gaming.

[quote name='Tsukento']Regarding the prices on some of the stuff, I'm sure they'll drop by the time the sale hits. It happened last year when the reported games prior to the sale were still GS prices. But then the sale hit and they dropped a fair amount.[/QUOTE]

That might have been true in some cases. I don't quite remember. But also keep in mind that select titles will drop even further as the sale goes on. Plus, there is the 10% coupon that will hopefully be in an upcoming issue of GI.

I just got my April issue of Game Informer (the one with Portal 2 : ) on the cover), but I cannot find the Gamedays coupon. I only see the ad at the end of the magazine advertising the sale, but no coupon in sight. Anybody know what up with that. Where's my coupon dag-nabbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back