Gamestop - Gameday Sale March 26th List

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games

DS

Ben 10 :AFA - 14.99
COP:The Recruit - 19.99

PSP
Warhammer 40K Squad - 14.99
Worms 2 - 9.99

360 Assas 2 - 39.99
left for dead 2 39.99
quantum of Soalace 9.99 or 14.99

Wii
deal or no deal 14.99
foodnet worrk cooked - 29.99
kung fu panda - 14.99
rabids go home 19.99
res ev 4 - 14.99
res ev - umbrella 19.99
spider-man web of shadows - 14.99

PS3
Disgia 3 - 14.99
fallout 19.99
metal gear solid 19.99
saw - 19.99
shaun white 1 - 14.99

ps2
crash of titans - 14.99
crash mind over mutant -14.99
karoke rev american idol - 19.99
legend of spyro 14.99

LOTS of PSP movies 2.99-4.99
WAY MORE TO COME

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']do they ever have systems during gameday sales? i have like 167.49 in gamestop credit. i will put up the difference in cash if i have too. thinking about the ps3 40 gig for 230. and then do a hd swap. but does the 10% discount work on systems?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately not. The EDGE discount doesn't apply to used systems. Otherwise, it would be well worth the $14.99 a year pricetag.

I have a feeling Disgaia 3 is gonna go fast.
Must remember to not be lazy and forget the sale day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately not. The EDGE discount doesn't apply to used systems. Otherwise, it would be well worth the $14.99 a year pricetag.[/QUOTE]

I'd never buy a used system... and I work there.

My PS2 is used but I made sure to scour for it when we had about 40 to choose from.

RE4 Wii and Umbrella Chronicles are tempting (even though seeing them at those prices elsewhere right now kinda kills it. If I had a PS3, Disgaea 3 and MGS4 would be mine for sure... This weeks Kmart deal on PS3s is pretty nice though.

[quote name='TheKbob']I'd never buy a used system... and I work there.

My PS2 is used but I made sure to scour for it when we had about 40 to choose from.[/QUOTE]

Considering I've seen what some of the systems that're supposedly 'refurbed' look like when they're done being cleaned, I don't blame you. Then again, I think many use Gamestop to dump their dead or dying systems on. It took my one buddy 6-10 tries to find a used PS2 that worked when he wanted one and even then the last one scratched up his discs horribly.:roll:

thanks for the response.. yeh it would be a hell of a deal, and stack it with the 10% in the GI. oh well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately not. The EDGE discount doesn't apply to used systems. Otherwise, it would be well worth the $14.99 a year pricetag.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys. You know whats funny about this list. Remember last year's game day sale? Warhammer for the psp was 9.99. This year its $14.99. That's a first for an old game to go up in price :D.

seriously? so im better off buying a new system from them? i guess i need to get a few more gift cards. sheesh. then i'd have to wait for a bundle or something. thanks for the tip.

[quote name='TheKbob']I'd never buy a used system... and I work there.

My PS2 is used but I made sure to scour for it when we had about 40 to choose from.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is somehow actually a printed sale ( the paper that GS normally puts in your checkout bag ) because if so I will definately price match most of the deals at Target :D

I have a question. What is the reasoning on Gamestop gutting games? I googled and found nothing. Also, why do they(on used and some new) put stickers on the manual? I will most likely be picking up Disgaia 3. I cannot wait to see the rest of it.

[quote name='killa5k7']I have a question. What is the reasoning on Gamestop gutting games? I googled and found nothing. Also, why do they(on used and some new) put stickers on the manual? I will most likely be picking up Disgaia 3. I cannot wait to see the rest of it.[/QUOTE]

We gut games so people don't steal them. You honestly think we would put sealed games on the floor in a dump bin? That just screams stupid.

I've never seen stickers on the manual. I put them on the case and the spine, but the manual, that's just odd.

We should be getting a complete list in the middle of the week.

My guess is GH: WT Band Kits will be on this sale as well as we are getting several in and haven't carried them in ages.

Everything on that list should be confirmed because we are getting a lot of each of that game in.

[quote name='killa5k7']I have a question. What is the reasoning on Gamestop gutting games? I googled and found nothing. Also, why do they(on used and some new) put stickers on the manual? I will most likely be picking up Disgaia 3. I cannot wait to see the rest of it.[/QUOTE]

They put stickers on the manual at the GS stores you shop at?:roll: Damn. As soon as I'd see that, I'd ask if they have any truly sealed copies that weren't manhandled by numerous 10 yr olds and their moms. If the answer was no, then off I go to another store.

As for the reason why they gut the games, it's because a national corporation the size of Gamestop is too motherfuckin' cheap to do like Toys R' Us does and get some spare cases and artwork printed up for distribution to all of their stores.

I guess the .10-.15 per case/artwork would cut into their profit too much.:roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']patience young padawans, you're going to like the good stuff when you hear about it[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but we're a cynical, jaded bunch. And thus far this is shaping up to be just like every other year - mostly FAIL. Somehow I doubt that the list will miraculously improve. Usually, the highlights are posted first, and if those are the highlights, then we're in some deep mother fucking shit.

[quote name='ssjmichael']patience young padawans, you're going to like the good stuff when you hear about it[/QUOTE]

Since apparently you already know about the "good stuff" then why not tell us about it?

Yeah, nothing too impressive yet. With how they gut the Gameday sale stuff though, something would have to be an amazing deal for me to pick it up I can't remember the last time I got something used at a Gamestop that didn't have stickers all over it. At my store they actually put the labels on the spine, but ON THE ACTUAL INSERT.

Just thought of something, on these sales, do the used prices fall to? if RE is 15 new will it be like 10-12 used? then i will def pick up a few of these. Ive seen sales where gamestop does, and doesn't drop used price in correlation. Anyone remember from last year, or knows from working there?

I wonder if OP is a manager of GS or something. He told us it was happening and provided a list. :D

No used prices don't fall. I remember last time I saw a gutted "new" game I wanted, so I found a used copy to get the Gamers day price, lower + 10% off and the employee said I'd be normal price before the gamers day sale.

[quote name='farley91']We gut games so people don't steal them. You honestly think we would put sealed games on the floor in a dump bin? That just screams stupid.

I've never seen stickers on the manual. I put them on the case and the spine, but the manual, that's just odd.

My guess is GH: WT Band Kits will be on this sale as well as we are getting several in and haven't carried them in ages.

Everything on that list should be confirmed because we are getting a lot of each of that game in.[/QUOTE]

I assume you work at gamestop maybe you can list more possible games that will be included in this games day sale. :cool:

I love how people continue to judge the list as if it's some sort of final list depsite the op saying:
"Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games"

Seriously folks, do you need Hooked on Phonics? The Other thread was full of people bitching that there wasn't any list. Now when we get a list that is said to be partial, you bitch about that. More like SadAssGamers. For shame.

A whole two people have thanked the OP for the list. I add my appreciation as well. Perhaps for the sake of these whiners, you shouldn't have posted anything at all though.

gonna pick up a sealed copy of Disgaea 3 a few days before the sale starts then return/rebuy it on the sale day. did the same thing last year with Valkyria Chronicles and FFIII. i advise you guys to do the same thing if you want a sealed copy.

hey someone else listed GH: WT as a possibility for this sale. They said they were getting them in, but weren't getting wii versions. Same for you? Cause that's the version that i might consider getting.

[quote name='darkpice']gonna pick up a sealed copy of Disgaea 3 a few days before the sale starts then return/rebuy it on the sale day. did the same thing last year with Valkyria Chronicles and FFIII. i advise you guys to do the same thing if you want a sealed copy.[/QUOTE]
Smart man.

[quote name='farley91']We gut games so people don't steal them. You honestly think we would put sealed games on the floor in a dump bin? That just screams stupid.

Everything on that list should be confirmed because we are getting a lot of each of that game in.[/QUOTE]

Any chance of an approximate date for the used B2G1 sale? Perhaps before the Gamesday sale? After?

Just curious if you could provide any information on that. ^_^

It just occurred to me that the CAG16 drops the used price of Disgaea 3 to 15.
Oh well, I never was one for patience.

[quote name='darkpice']gonna pick up a sealed copy of Disgaea 3 a few days before the sale starts then return/rebuy it on the sale day. did the same thing last year with Valkyria Chronicles and FFIII. i advise you guys to do the same thing if you want a sealed copy.[/QUOTE]

What happens if you use credit and do the return?

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Any chance of an approximate date for the used B2G1 sale? Perhaps before the Gamesday sale? After?

Just curious if you could provide any information on that. ^_^[/QUOTE]

B2G1 usually occurs the first weekend of the sale.

The only thing I'm remotely interested in for those prices is Disgaea 3. Seems like they're selling a lot of the old Gamedays stock for the same price this year.

Thanks, OP.

.[/QUOTE]

Be honest. That's only because Gamestop is still too cheap to put security cameras in most of the stores. And those that have them rarely even make sure they are operating.

Oh and one more thing. No Gamestop has cameras in the system rooms(or the bathroom where they keep the systems, no I'm not kidding) So when stores are judged for shrink do you really think dump bin theft is actually the real problem there? No, Gamestop's shrink is almost 90% employee theft. But the customers foot the bill for it.

in all seriousness game stops inventory is at all time low. Even at the whearhouse. I'll be really suprised if we run Buy 2 get 1 used as it'll completly wipe out on hand inventories in stores and leave nothing to sell, but as of right now the add dose not list buy 2 get 1, again the ad is not final till later today tomarow. The Big chiefs have to OK it.

[quote name='biledriver']Be honest. That's only because Gamestop is still too cheap to put security cameras in most of the stores. And those that have them rarely even make sure they are operating.[/QUOTE]

Cameras aren't cheap - nor do they PREVENT theft. Loss is a huge problem in electronics categories in retail chains. If you don't like it, don't shop there.

[quote name='Izod517']Cameras aren't cheap - nor do they PREVENT theft. Loss is a huge problem in electronics categories in retail chains. If you don't like it, don't shop there.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY...how do people think online (non-B&M) retailers like Amazon, Newegg, Gamefly etc. are able to offer such consistently great prices and deals on games? The goodness of their hearts? Uhh....no. Three primary answers:

1) Nearly eliminated shoplifting and greatly reduced employee theft
2) Limited advertising
3) Reduced overhead

It's not rocket science, folks.

i don't mind stickers on stuff, as long as they are the stickers that easily peel off.
also, as to gutting, it seems worth it in the long rung to get the large plastic cases that other retailers use to keep floor inventory safe. head off the negative pr.

Can't Gamestop use the promo boxes for new games? I see empty cases all the time, with boxart, on racks for games that aren't going to be out for another few months.

[quote name='biledriver']Be honest. That's only because Gamestop is still too cheap to put security cameras in most of the stores. And those that have them rarely even make sure they are operating.

Oh and one more thing. No Gamestop has cameras in the system rooms(or the bathroom where they keep the systems, no I'm not kidding) So when stores are judged for shrink do you really think dump bin theft is actually the real problem there? No, Gamestop's shrink is almost 90% employee theft. But the customers foot the bill for it.[/QUOTE]

the first year of the gamedays sale (2007), home office told us to put everything out on the floor live, after the first weekend we had to gut everything, in my district every store had between $300 and $2000 in shrink in just gamedays merch over two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back