Gamestop - Gameday Sale March 26th List

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Here is a Partial list of Games and Tenative Prices. Subject to change till Final Add goes to print Wed. Look for 10% Bonus coupon in April Game Informer very small compared to actual list of games

DS

Ben 10 :AFA - 14.99
COP:The Recruit - 19.99

PSP
Warhammer 40K Squad - 14.99
Worms 2 - 9.99

360 Assas 2 - 39.99
left for dead 2 39.99
quantum of Soalace 9.99 or 14.99

Wii
deal or no deal 14.99
foodnet worrk cooked - 29.99
kung fu panda - 14.99
rabids go home 19.99
res ev 4 - 14.99
res ev - umbrella 19.99
spider-man web of shadows - 14.99

PS3
Disgia 3 - 14.99
fallout 19.99
metal gear solid 19.99
saw - 19.99
shaun white 1 - 14.99

ps2
crash of titans - 14.99
crash mind over mutant -14.99
karoke rev american idol - 19.99
legend of spyro 14.99

LOTS of PSP movies 2.99-4.99
WAY MORE TO COME

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's because a corporation as large as Gamestop is too motherfuckin' cheap to do like Toys R'Us does and buy some empty game cases and either pay for or request the same 'rating pending' display coverart like TRU uses in those empty cases on their shelves.

Apparently, spending a cent or two on a case(which could be re-used) and artwork for games they have out on display costs too much as opposed to taking live stock and gutting it and using the case/manual/artwork from those.[/QUOTE]

Regarding the display cases, the would be a bit problematic. At one of my favorite GSes, their show floor is only slightly bigger than my living room and there is barely enough space in the place. Now, they tend to not gut everything and keep alot of games sealed in a glass case behind the counter, but the problem with that is, sometimes they'll have new copies of a game in-stock, but wont have a case out on the floor. That is, you could bring the empty case to the desk, they hand you a sealed one out of the glass, but it takes a while to return the empty case to the floor.

There has been research that shows, at retail, if a customer doesnt see what they are looking for, a significant number of them will just leave without asking for product, especially if there is a line to speak with an associate.

Not trying to "condone" what GS does, I just dont care. And that's the bottom line. Most of their customers dont care. And even some of the ones on these boards who claim they *do* care, still shop there anyway. So why change?

Honestly, they wouldn't have a problem keeping customers aware of what's in stock if they actually:

A) Supplied stores with more DVD cases
B) Didn't throw out slip covers for soon to be released games and instead placed a "NOW AVAILABLE" sticker over "COMING SOON"

Seriously, it's not that hard and is less work than gutting a new game, pulling it out of the case, throwing it into a sleeve, printing out a SKU and slapping that on it and throwing that in a drawer while slapping the case on the shelf.

Yet another thread hijacked with the bitching and whining about "newsed" and "guts." Seriously, if you dont like what they do shut the f..k up and shop elsewhere already. We get it, you dont like gamestop. You wish they would die. You have all made this very clear already so please, troll another thread and stop clutturing up any thread that has the word Gamestop in it with your incessant whining.

[quote name='hostyl1']Regarding the display cases, the would be a bit problematic. At one of my favorite GSes, their show floor is only slightly bigger than my living room and there is barely enough space in the place. Now, they tend to not gut everything and keep alot of games sealed in a glass case behind the counter, but the problem with that is, sometimes they'll have new copies of a game in-stock, but wont have a case out on the floor. That is, you could bring the empty case to the desk, they hand you a sealed one out of the glass, but it takes a while to return the empty case to the floor.

There has been research that shows, at retail, if a customer doesnt see what they are looking for, a significant number of them will just leave without asking for product, especially if there is a line to speak with an associate.

Not trying to "condone" what GS does, I just dont care. And that's the bottom line. Most of their customers dont care. And even some of the ones on these boards who claim they *do* care, still shop there anyway. So why change?[/QUOTE]

Aside from when it's the last "new" copy of a game, why in the world would you bring an empty case to the desk to get the game when you could just ask for it? I've never even seen soccer moms do that when they buy games for their kids. They just look around and once they find the game they're looking for, they just go back and ask for it.

[quote name='Vector']Aside from when it's the last "new" copy of a game, why in the world would you bring an empty case to the desk to get the game when you could just ask for it? I've never even seen soccer moms do that when they buy games for their kids. They just look around and once they find the game they're looking for, they just go back and ask for it.[/QUOTE]

diverging from the typical gameday rant of gutted copies; I do agree that most of the time, the customer would actually ask for a copy of the game from the associates rather than digging through the shelves. The only people I know browsing through shelves are the game-addicts (including myself) trying to find something nice looking and let's face it, just finding some games to feed the addiction, and most of the time this group of people are the ones trying to be collectors and would whine about the gutting policy. In essence, we have a practice that, at least to me, defeats its purpose of driving up sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spyder187']Yet another thread hijacked with the bitching and whining about "newsed" and "guts." Seriously, if you dont like what they do shut the f..k up and shop elsewhere already. We get it, you dont like gamestop. You wish they would die. You have all made this very clear already so please, troll another thread and stop clutturing up any thread that has the word Gamestop in it with your incessant whining.[/QUOTE]

...thank you...

[quote name='Spyder187']Yet another thread hijacked with the bitching and whining about "newsed" and "guts." Seriously, if you dont like what they do shut the f..k up and shop elsewhere already. We get it, you dont like gamestop. You wish they would die. You have all made this very clear already so please, troll another thread and stop clutturing up any thread that has the word Gamestop in it with your incessant whining.[/QUOTE]

oh btw, Gamestop sucks!

Was told last night by the manager at the local GS, that Fallout 3 GOTY, and I believe, Uncharted 2 were going to be on sale. U 2, I am struggling to remember, though. I hope so, cause these are 2 games that I would really like to have. I assume they both would be 35-40, but I am hoping for cheaper.

How could they say that they are preventing the games from being stolen. They keep them behind the registers anyways.

[quote name='jjhearn']Was told last night by the manager at the local GS, that Fallout 3 GOTY, and I believe, Uncharted 2 were going to be on sale. U 2, I am struggling to remember, though. I hope so, cause these are 2 games that I would really like to have. I assume they both would be 35-40, but I am hoping for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

If it is for sure Fallout 3 GOTY then I will pick one up because after beating it and trading it in I have been dying to play the DLC.

[quote name='Vector']Aside from when it's the last "new" copy of a game, why in the world would you bring an empty case to the desk to get the game when you could just ask for it? I've never even seen soccer moms do that when they buy games for their kids. They just look around and once they find the game they're looking for, they just go back and ask for it.[/QUOTE]

I've seen plenty of people looking at the games, seeing something that sparks their interest, and bringing the empty case up to the desk to ask, "Do you have this one?"

[quote name='jjhearn']How could they say that they are preventing the games from being stolen. They keep them behind the registers anyways.[/QUOTE]

picard-facepalm.jpg

I'll inject a little Gamestop love in to the thread - it's quickly becoming one of my new favorite stores, but primarily because of the website.

- CAG16 + Edge + (often) free shipping = great
- Recent website coupon glitches have been a great deal of fun, but are obviously hit and miss whether or not you get away with em
- Really decent web -> b&m return policy as long as the employees at your local Gamestop aren't total lying asshats (one gent at mine let's me just mix and match cases / manuals until I get a good complete copy)
- B2G1 and Gameday sales are apparently usually Not Terrible, just Not Great
- +50% trade-in credit has been hilariously great - without even trying I think I came out ahead $40-50 in credit (which was then quickly converted to Amazon credit thanks again to CAG16 + Edge and Amazon's recent high TIVs)
- Gutted games? Big deal! Just don't buy new games from them - the only advantage they generally have is pre-order bonuses which usually means paying full price day 1. Blech.

In the past couple months I've managed to spend virtually nothing out of pocket and have wrangled up about 15 games from Gamestop. I have my one store where the employees don't suck. I'll probably actually checkout the Gameday Sale this year for the first time ever.

If you don't like the gamestop polices i would suggest all of you submitting a review survey every time you shop there. That would make it more likly to change than you complaining on a forum.

And it does make some sense to do it as anti theft. If all gamestop employees followed guidelines then they would lock the drawer that disc are in making them very difficult to steal (would have to get key, get behind counter, ext). If you now think "why don't they just lock up the games in the cases!!!";well, it would be ridiculously cluttered if every game they had remained in a case and put in a lockbox. The first part being a huge lockbox would be expensive, and the second part being that it would take 3x as long to find a game when they are all stacked in layers as compared to games in sleeves like a file cabinet system which can be found very fast.

The thread is already mostly a wishlist, but there have been some bits of info on i(mostly the gamestop employees saying what they got many copies of in) and i will never see some of these good replies because i don't want to search through 20 pages of thread where 2/3 statements have rollyeyes:roll:

[quote name='Buzzman']the full list cant come soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lol, I'd rather not see the list posted... :whistle2:# horrible selection.

Its 10 days before the sale starts and they havent released the list? Hmm... I guess they are waiting for the 50% trade in deal to end before they move on to this.

I'm actually hoping there isn't a B2G1 sale, because I know I'd wind up trying to snag Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, and either Heavy Rain or Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, and I've got way too many games still in shrink wrap.

Oops, sorry for the off-topic post in the GS bitching thread.

I wish I had spare monies. God of War 3 and Battlefield BC 2 were too tempting to pass up.

I want to buy Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Souls, and FFXIII/Heavy Rain (B2G1), but I need to save $$$. I still want to get the new Pokemanz.

Disgaea 3 is the only thing worth it on there...so far. I hope they have something else up there sleeve other than B2G1 like B1G10 I can dream i guess.

[quote name='handsomepete']
- Gutted games? Big deal! Just don't buy new games from them - the only advantage they generally have is pre-order bonuses which usually means paying full price day 1. Blech.[/QUOTE]

If you pre-order it, then they do not gut your copy. Generally, they only gut a few copies of a title anyway (for display purposes). I don't think I have ever had to buy a gutted copy of a new game from Gamestop. And yes, even though I'm on this site, I make A LOT of day one purchases. I've been to GOW 3, Mass Effect 2, MW2, Borderlands, ACII/L4D2, and Halo ODST midnights in recent months. On top of that, I bought Bad Company 2 a week after it came out and still got a sealed copy. All this gutted game bitching is really annoying. If it's gutted, then go somewhere else. If it's on sale, then figure out what's more important to you; saving money or getting a game with plastic around it. Either way, thank you handsomepete for trying to kill the Gamestop hate on this site. It's like people expect Gamestop to be their best friend and cut them a deal all the time. Gamestop is a business and they need to make money, get over it people.

[quote name='handsomepete']I'll inject a little Gamestop love in to the thread - it's quickly becoming one of my new favorite stores, but primarily because of the website.

- CAG16 + Edge + (often) free shipping = great
- Recent website coupon glitches have been a great deal of fun, but are obviously hit and miss whether or not you get away with em
- Really decent web -> b&m return policy as long as the employees at your local Gamestop aren't total lying asshats (one gent at mine let's me just mix and match cases / manuals until I get a good complete copy)
- B2G1 and Gameday sales are apparently usually Not Terrible, just Not Great
- +50% trade-in credit has been hilariously great - without even trying I think I came out ahead $40-50 in credit (which was then quickly converted to Amazon credit thanks again to CAG16 + Edge and Amazon's recent high TIVs)
- Gutted games? Big deal! Just don't buy new games from them - the only advantage they generally have is pre-order bonuses which usually means paying full price day 1. Blech.

In the past couple months I've managed to spend virtually nothing out of pocket and have wrangled up about 15 games from Gamestop. I have my one store where the employees don't suck. I'll probably actually checkout the Gameday Sale this year for the first time ever.[/QUOTE]

What games were you able to move from GS to AMZ?

[quote name='J7.']What games were you able to move from GS to AMZ?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure any game that cost less then what Amazon gives in credit. Codes like "cag16", "saver" for free shipping on orders of $25+(before discount is applied) and edge card make it possible. Deals like the Deal of day help as well. Amazon can lock up the price for a week.

The only problem is the uncertainly of Gamestop condition or will they come complete. Some people will just send them anyway. If they get rejected, people can go to a brick and mortor and get a refund or exchange.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']If you pre-order it, then they do not gut your copy. Generally, they only gut a few copies of a title anyway (for display purposes). I don't think I have ever had to buy a gutted copy of a new game from Gamestop. And yes, even though I'm on this site, I make A LOT of day one purchases. I've been to GOW 3, Mass Effect 2, MW2, Borderlands, ACII/L4D2, and Halo ODST midnights in recent months. On top of that, I bought Bad Company 2 a week after it came out and still got a sealed copy. All this gutted game bitching is really annoying. If it's gutted, then go somewhere else. If it's on sale, then figure out what's more important to you; saving money or getting a game with plastic around it. Either way, thank you handsomepete for trying to kill the Gamestop hate on this site. It's like people expect Gamestop to be their best friend and cut them a deal all the time. Gamestop is a business and they need to make money, get over it people.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I don't think it's so much that people want the sealed game (frankly i could give a shit). I think the annoyance comes from the fact that they still sell it as "new". Before I go further, and I know i'm in the minority here, this really doesnt bother me much. But i think that it rubs people the wrong way because of their own policies: they like to have it both ways. If they gut a brand new game, they sell it as new. If I were to buy a game from them, open it right there in the store (or even keep it sealed for that matter), and sell it back to them, they would consider it used and compensate me as such. Basically they're saying "if we open it but it isn't played (or only 'rented out' by employees and played for a short time but never sold) then it's new and will be priced new. If you remove the shrink wrap but the game never even comes out of the case, it's used." And yes, while I don't get terribly bothered by it, I can see why some would. I think a reasonable policy would be for gamestop to allow the egde card 10% (or even an edge card %5) discount on gutted new games, excluding those already on sale. I think that would make enough people happy.

[quote name='J7.']What games were you able to move from GS to AMZ?[/QUOTE]

We try to post good gs to amazon moves to the amazon trade-in thread whenever we find em. Just watch that puppy and they'll come up. For the longest time NBA 2K10 was one of the better ones, and Mass Effect 2 was great while the TIV was $45 at Amazon.

What's the story with this gutted game stuff? I've bought at least 5 new games from game stop and all had the shrink wrap on them still. The only games to not be shrink wrapped are the used ones. Unless i'm misunderstanding this whole thing.

[quote name='jjhearn']Was told last night by the manager at the local GS, that Fallout 3 GOTY, and I believe, Uncharted 2 were going to be on sale. U 2, I am struggling to remember, though. I hope so, cause these are 2 games that I would really like to have. I assume they both would be 35-40, but I am hoping for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the Fallout 3 GOTY edition for PS3, try Sears as they have it for $19.97 now.:D

If you pre-order it, then they do not gut your copy.

Not sure about anyone else here, but I have had them sell me a gutted copy of a game that I had preordered. Went in to pick the game up on release day, and the clerk looked around for a bit, went and got the display case with the price sticker on it off the shelf, and put the whole thing back together with the little seal across the case opening. Seemed like I might as well have not even preordered it; I wonder what they would have done if someone had bought that copy on the shelf? I ended up returning it out of disgust shortly afterwards, and going to pick a sealed copy up at Best Buy next door instead.

Not saying it happens often, but the possibility is there. Between instances like that, frequently not receiving advertised pre-order bonuses, and their prices never being very good at all, I choose to take my business elsewhere whenever possible.

Staying on topic though, I am looking forward to seeing this year's list. There's usually a couple games for really good prices that I end up snagging, and I've never had a problem getting sealed new copies from their website, which skips the whole gutting issue of their stores. One of the very few times a year when I actually shop there for something that doesn't involve an exclusive game or pre-order bonus.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, I've definitely heard of them gutting pre-orders, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Had it happen to me. Twice. With Ar Tonelico 1 and then with Arcana Heart. Albeit, at the same gamestop (one in a mall), but I haven't pre-ordered anything from gamestop since.

Thanks for the tips. I used to trade to Amazon but stopped after a bad experience, but this GS credit is not being used just sitting here forever. May risk Amazon again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you're talking about the Fallout 3 GOTY edition for PS3, try Sears as they have it for $19.97 now.:D[/QUOTE]

This REALLY makes me wish my SEARS sold games. If anyone could grab me a copy...

Has anyone found a definite list yet? Or has anyone considered that the OP could be pulling this out of his ass?

[quote name='SynGamer']This REALLY makes me wish my SEARS sold games. If anyone could grab me a copy...[/QUOTE]

I'm actually probably going by my Sears tomorrow. Lately, they have had a ton of last year's sports games on clearance for $2, and I've made a decent profit off of some of them already. If they have any copies of the GOTY edition, I'll pick one up for you.

As far as the gutted pre-orders go, that sounds like a case of them not keeping track of their pre-orders. Pre-orders should not be gutted and put out on display until 48 hours after the release of the game, due to the fact that the copy is supposed to be held for you. By putting it out on the display floor, they are effectively attempting to sell your copy. If you are running into this problem, then I would definitely take that up with the Store Manager, as your copy should be held behind the counter. Obviously, I cannot speak for individual Gamestops, but this is the normal practice. Like I said, for the FIRST 48 HOURS, your copy should never be on display on the sales floor.

It sucks buying a game that's not in the new, shiny wrapping, but they do have to display copies. I do understand, however, that some of these copies are "rented out" to the staff. Unfortunately, there's no real way around it rather than making display cases and putting them out on the floor. And if anyone has been to a Toys 'R Us that has done that, you know that they never get those display cases off the floor after they sell the last copy of the game. And we all know that if Gamestop started doing this, then that would be what people around here would be bitching about. "Oh, I went in and they had the box for Bad Company on the wall, but the clerk said they were all out. Can't these morons stay on top of their inventory better? I'm never shopping at Gamestop again!!! (except for B2G1)"

[quote name='dabamus']Has anyone found a definite list yet? Or has anyone considered that the OP could be pulling this out of his ass?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, it is advertised in the latest gameinformer mag. that has Portal 2 on the cover.

snapshot201003181.jpg

[quote name='kart007k']I don't think so, it is advertised in the latest gameinformer mag. that has Portal 2 on the cover.

snapshot201003181.jpg
[/QUOTE]

its that a boob i see there?

take same pic but this time topless. :cool:

I keep wondering how the hell this thread has so many views and posts, then I click in and discover there is nothing.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm actually probably going by my Sears tomorrow. Lately, they have had a ton of last year's sports games on clearance for $2, and I've made a decent profit off of some of them already. If they have any copies of the GOTY edition, I'll pick one up for you.[/QUOTE]

Last year's sports games as in 09? or 10? I wouldn't mind NCAA Football 10, but its still far too expensive considering the next one comes out before long.

[quote name='Liquid']I keep wondering how the hell this thread has so many views and posts, then I click in and discover there is nothing.[/QUOTE]

A few posts up, someone said the word "boob". This is close as most people on these forums will get to one. So even tho there was nothing important to the world gaming it was still important.

[quote name='gamewizardx']A few posts up, someone said the word "boob". This is close as most people on these forums will get to one. So even tho there was nothing important to the world gaming it was still important.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly sure what drives people to make posts like these...

[quote name='panzerfaust']Not exactly sure what drives people to make posts like these...[/QUOTE]

I think (??) it was supposed to be a joke? I mean, it wasn't funny, not even in a good form of a joke, so even if it was meant to be a universal 'slam' then it obviously failed. Gaming is a widespread industry now, not the nerd festivals of decades past.

"Gaming" is *indeed* a widespread industry now. "Gaming Forums" otoh, are still a nerds paradise. Dont believe me? Next time your on XBL or PSN playing MW2, ask your teammates how they feel about the whole Infinity Ward / Activision dust up. Most likely, you'll be met with "Infinity who?"

Darn, was hoping the actual list was up by now. I am really hoping that Disgaea 3 is on that list so I can get a refund on the difference from 39.99 to 14.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back