Gamestop Labor Day Yellow Tag Blowout

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
(Im back from the dead)

Gamestop will be having a yellow tag labor day videogame blowout. Thursday night each store's label printer will print up new stickers for 500 games to be retagged for Friday morning, and the beginning of the labor day game blowout sale.

The list of games will not be known until coorporate sends the stickers through thursday night, but get to your local GS this weekend for some hella deals :D

[quote name='mick16']Buy some Goo Gone at Home Depot. Costs around $4 a bottle but it lasts forever. You just apply it to the stickers, wait about 1 minute and they peel off clean. I can't stand stickers on my game cases, so I pull them all off as well.[/QUOTE]

Is this thread about Goo Gone? I have used Goo Gone and it works great, except in a few cases where it permanently fogged some clear plastic, not good.

The only product I have found that does not fog or harm plastic is Goof Off 2. Works as well as Goo Gone, although it takes a bit longer, it is made to be used on plastic.

For instance, on N64 carts with nasty rental stickers, the Goo Gone and a few others have removed the shiny surface and made it dull. The Goof Off 2 works perfect and the cleaned cart looks like new.

Annoying that EB must use Goo Gone or something stronger because some of the used carts I have bought were pretty nasty with dulled plastic and labels with the colors smeared.

[quote name='MrMaddness']That's just online...in store Gamestop is better.[/QUOTE]

How is GS better? Their prices are higher on most games, especially PS1, and they rarely have any good promotions.

Also, most EBs still carry older stuff, such as SNES, NES and GEN games.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Looks like I'm getting out of my Jammies on Friday.

Yay for having no classes Monday and Friday. 4 day weekend! :lol:[/QUOTE]
grrr...my school doesn't even give us labor day off...

[quote name='onikage']How is GS better? Their prices are higher on most games, especially PS1, and they rarely have any good promotions.

Also, most EBs still carry older stuff, such as SNES, NES and GEN games.[/QUOTE]

There are occasional eb's that carry older stuff, but those ones are usually the newer (ie. larger), non mall ones. Out of the 20 or so that are within my area, 1 carries older games and 1 might (can't remember). Though, the ones I saw in upstate new york and canada had more older games.

Though, better prices and better promotions are worthless if they don't have the game you want. They almost never have any rarer ps1 games (nothing compared to what I find at gamestop), and about 80% of their ps1 games are disc only. Most at gamestop are complete.

Though, on ps1 rpg's, gamestop is usually cheaper.

Though I'm still pissed that I found a complete "ultima warriors of destiny" for nes at my local eb (only one I've ever seen that regularly keeps boxes), but they stuck their stickers all over the box, and there's nothing that will get that off cardboard.

[quote name='onikage']How is GS better? Their prices are higher on most games, especially PS1, and they rarely have any good promotions.

Also, most EBs still carry older stuff, such as SNES, NES and GEN games.[/QUOTE]

I have used GS's B2G1 free more times than EB's promotions, and think I get a better value if I can find the right combination of games.

Ill confirm this.. This sale is going on most definetly, its to get rid of extra stock before the holidays, kinda liket here buy 2 used get 1 free dvd thing they had going on and the 50% off ngage stuff that was going on as well.

Tags will be transmitted on Thursday Night, all closing Thursday night managers were told to reload printers with new yellow labels for these price changes.. 500+ price changes to be available on Friday morning.

No current employee at Gamestop will know about prices until friday morning unless intra store emails are sent with game listings beforehand whcih I sincerely doubt. SO dont expect pre-lists..

Im an Asst Manager at a gamestop ;) (Hopefully soon will be working at the corp office in grapevine, then i can give more inside info sooner or later :p)

EDIT: As for the people accussing gamestop of price fluxuating before B2G1F deals.. You seriously are morons, that couldnt be anymore incorrect.

[quote name='Masterkyo']GS deal always $uck....Esspecially buy 2 get 1 Free (they always Rise the price on USED games & have buy 2 get 1 FREE promotion) :)[/QUOTE]

EB does. GS never has in any of the stores in my area.

about those stickers at Gamestop they place them right on where the labels are for GBA, gameboy games is it hard to remove without tearing up the label?

[quote name='CaoPi']about those stickers at Gamestop they place them right on where the labels are for GBA, gameboy games is it hard to remove without tearing up the label?[/QUOTE]

Never seen that in store or on gba games from gamestop.com.

Your GS is retarded if they are putting them right on the label, how can you read the title?

[quote name='Nephilim']Is this thread about Goo Gone? I have used Goo Gone and it works great, except in a few cases where it permanently fogged some clear plastic, not good.

The only product I have found that does not fog or harm plastic is Goof Off for Plastic. Works as well as Goo Gone, although it takes a bit longer, it is made to be used on plastic.

For instance, on N64 carts with nasty rental stickers, the Goo Gone and a few others have removed the shiny surface and made it dull. The Goof Off for Plastic works perfect and the cleaned cart looks like new.

Annoying that EB must use Goo Gone or something stronger because some of the used carts I have bought were pretty nasty with dulled plastic and labels with the colors smeared.[/QUOTE]

Ok,

Looks like I am going to be the only dissentor among this group. I have tried Goo Gone, and I hated it.

1) It does help remove stickers. However, either I am doing something wrong or it ALWAYS leaves behind nasty slime where the sticker once was.
2) Try wiping off the slime, and it quickly dries into a sticky "fog" on whatever case, cart, or disc it was originally on.
3) It is messy on top of everything else, and can also aid in accidentally wiping the print right off the label of your favorite game.

What is the best method I've found for removing a sticker? It sounds ridiculous. It sounds like something your big-brother would make up just to see if you actually tried it. It sounds like a total sham, but I actually tried it and experienced miraculous success.

Take a hair dryer and blow-dry the sticker you want to remove. Gamestop stickers turn black (That's the glue underneath hardening). When the whole sticker is black, it comes right off. And when I say it comes right off, I mean it COMES RIGHT OFF. No nasty residue, no half-torn stickers. Give it a try and see if what I say isn't true.

Down with Goo-Gone! It has ruined one too many of my otherwise "mint" and "rare" games!!!

Un-Du is a temporary version of what goo-gone does. It's true, GG sometimes makes a gunky mess, you just need to clean it a bit with paper towels until it gets all the gunk.

Un-Du actually TEMPORARILY de-stickies the sticker, so you can take it right off, and it feels like wet paper. Then once it's dry again, it'll be just as sticky as it was before you took it off...amazing stuff, but only works with paper-based stickers, not too much on plastic-fronted ones.

I don't know about hair-dryers, but if you've ever gotten gum stuck in your hair, Goo-Gone is your new best friend...

You guys are all missing the trick - scotch tape! That's right - take a piece of good scotch tape and keep pressing it on the "gunk" spot and remove. Using a ripping motion is even better. It removes gunk flawlessly. Try it!

[quote name='rarebucky']You guys are all missing the trick - scotch tape! That's right - take a piece of good scotch tape and keep pressing it on the "gunk" spot and remove. Using a ripping motion is even better. It removes gunk flawlessly. Try it![/QUOTE]

This is getting funny. I personally hate stickers and marker on my carts, especially N64 games with all the rental crap and GBA games from Gamestop, those damn stickers are usually a pain to remove.

I use the above tape trick along with the "Goof Off 2" when needed to remove the sticker residue, except I have found that Scotch Double-Sided tape works better than plain scotch tape. It is stronger for pulling at an angle and stickier. You take a piece and stick it to gunk and then pull fast at an angle multiple times until the gunk is gone. I do this on everything from DVD and Game cases to GBA and N64 carts.

My procedure:

1) Try and peel the sticker off from a corner gently and slowly and take the sticker residue with it, sometimes it will come right off. If it starts to tear, or leave part of it, I move to a different corner. Take the remaining paper if any is left off with a fingernail.

2) Use the Scotch Double-Sided Tape and put it on any gunk that is left and pull fast at a bit of an angle(multiple times) to bring off the gunk.

3) "LAST RESORT" If there is still some gunk left, I just rub it with my finger on GBA carts or use the "Goof Off 2" to remove the remaining gunk for a nice shiny un-fogged cartridge. Do not touch the label with the "Goof Off 2"(see below).

If you have some gunk on the label, try and use your finger to coax it off the label. You can use a LITTLE bit of "Goof Off 2" GENTLY on the label if need be, but too much rubbing may remove some of the color or smear it. GBA cart labels are especially durable as they have some sort of shiny surface.

I have tried almost everything out there from Goo Gone(greasy and harsh) to Un Du, regular Goof Off, and some stuff we use on cars at work, and the "Goof Off 2" is the most gentle sticker and residue remover and will NOT harm the plastic. Yes, it takes a few seconds longer than Goo Gone, but you will have a like new cart when you are done. It is MADE for Plastic.
2616_GOOFOFF2%2022OZ%20SPRAY.jpg

ANAL sticker residue haters UNITE!

[quote name='PezRadar']
Im an Asst Manager at a gamestop ;) (Hopefully soon will be working at the corp office in grapevine, then i can give more inside info sooner or later :p)

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation, but be careful, don't risk a job/career over sharing some 'insider' information; whatever adulation you get from people you don't know on an anonymous message board isn't worth it.

[quote name='dtcarson']Thanks for the confirmation, but be careful, don't risk a job/career over sharing some 'insider' information; whatever adulation you get from people you don't know on an anonymous message board isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with drcarson, don't risk your job over this. It's cool you can inform us a little better then others, but don't reveal yourself in the meantime.

[quote name='dtcarson']Thanks for the confirmation, but be careful, don't risk a job/career over sharing some 'insider' information; whatever adulation you get from people you don't know on an anonymous message board isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... my adulation is pretty valuable shit... But more importantly, the adulation will only last as long as your job.

I don't know if I've ever used the word adulation that much in one paragraph.

Edit: Just thought this sale over. Does anyone have a Gamestop that even stocks 500 games? Pretty much every EB or GS I've been to was the size of my old dorm room.

Its not that hard to walk into a gamestop and see if there is anything you want to buy, there is no need to post a list especially if it would jepordize your job. Gamestop doesnt advertise so its not likely a lot of people will be flocking to the stores for the deal. All i needed to know was that the sale started on friday.

I will be stopping at a gamestop friday due to this deal so i will post an idea of what items are on sale. Also with everyone shopping for back to school items, it means less people will be shopping for videogames, so there is a better chance of scoring something really good.

I am hoping their stock of n64 games is going down in price, they are ridiculously priced and i would like to get my hands on some of the games they have!

Mmhhh, I was going to buy a PSP with my Gamestop credit I have. I gues I'll wait and see what games I could get that I really want. Thanks OP. You save me a mile walk.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']what's the yellow sticker mean? How much cheaper? Or is it just on whim?[/QUOTE]

Nobody will know until Thursday night... we won't know until we get some insider information.

But if this is to clear out old stock, then it will definitely be something good.

Too bad I'll miss it though. Not even my brother will be able to check it out.:whistle2:(

[quote name='SaraAB']Its not that hard to walk into a gamestop and see if there is anything you want to buy, there is no need to post a list especially if it would jepordize your job. Gamestop doesnt advertise so its not likely a lot of people will be flocking to the stores for the deal. All i needed to know was that the sale started on friday.

I will be stopping at a gamestop friday due to this deal so i will post an idea of what items are on sale. Also with everyone shopping for back to school items, it means less people will be shopping for videogames, so there is a better chance of scoring something really good.

I am hoping their stock of n64 games is going down in price, they are ridiculously priced and i would like to get my hands on some of the games they have![/QUOTE]

great advice actually u will be able to get sumthing really good because there wont be alot of people there. but i cant buy anything cuz i have to pay my friend 175 for his xbox,halo2,xbox live, and headset

as for this sale, i'd like to ask the people who work at gamestop what the chances of some of these rare rpgs for ps1 being marked down for the sale?

i ask this only because i recently found a complete, perfect copy of VP near me, and i hesitated to buy it since there is the impending sale.

also, one more question: VP is $49.99 in store and $37.99 online. why the difference in price? can a manager use his disgression to mark down a game if you roll in there with a printout from gs.com? i assume not, but maybe.

Dont worry, im not stupid enough to reveal store info of where i am or who i am or where i live ;P

Ill help as much as possible though on getting info out to you guys.

As for the tags, Ive never had a problem getting them off, but Ive practiced so much on that, that I can get any tag off really easily now haha

Gamestop.com is different from Gamestop in store because its completly different marketing, completly seperate warehouses too, so u cant priecmatch. only tie in the site has to the stores is the store finder

If your looking for used PSX games, call around to gamestops and seee if they got a refurb shipment in.. 90% of the psx that comes back in Refurb shipments are new PSX games that just havent been opened (sony seal and all) its quite nice.. scored myself a copy of a mint

P2Boxart.jpg

:) Just yesterday

(The guy who asked if gamestop even has 500 games, the answer is yes, my store has over 20,000 SKU's and my store isnt even that large)

[quote name='green and white']can ne1 tell me if they know how much unreal champianship" the liandri conflict will be during this deal[/QUOTE]

HAve you not been reading this thread? We won't know until Thursday night.

[quote name='PezRadar']Dont worry, im not stupid enough to reveal store info of where i am or who i am or where i live ;P

Ill help as much as possible though on getting info out to you guys.

As for the tags, Ive never had a problem getting them off, but Ive practiced so much on that, that I can get any tag off really easily now haha

Gamestop.com is different from Gamestop in store because its completly different marketing, completly seperate warehouses too, so u cant priecmatch. only tie in the site has to the stores is the store finder

If your looking for used PSX games, call around to gamestops and seee if they got a refurb shipment in.. 90% of the psx that comes back in Refurb shipments are new PSX games that just havent been opened (sony seal and all) its quite nice.. scored myself a copy of a mint

P2Boxart.jpg

:) Just yesterday

(The guy who asked if gamestop even has 500 games, the answer is yes, my store has over 20,000 SKU's and my store isnt even that large)[/QUOTE]

I got one yesterday too o-o'
And it was indeed mint - no fingerprints or anything of the sort. Manual - everything actually, in excellent condition ' '

My Gamestop also had new opened copies of Final Fantasy Origins (not strange to find) and the non greatest hits Final Fantasy VIII which was a bit odd.

[quote name='zenintrude']as for this sale, i'd like to ask the people who work at gamestop what the chances of some of these rare rpgs for ps1 being marked down for the sale?

i ask this only because i recently found a complete, perfect copy of VP near me, and i hesitated to buy it since there is the impending sale.

also, one more question: VP is $49.99 in store and $37.99 online. why the difference in price? can a manager use his disgression to mark down a game if you roll in there with a printout from gs.com? i assume not, but maybe.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend purchasing the game now, while you still can. I would be interested in owning a copy, so a future trade perhaps? ;)

B&M and website are different companies who share the same name.

If it's on sale, take it back and ask for the difference. That way, you get the game without worrying about another person purchasing it.

Hehehe, dont worry i am not after the rare ps1 rpg's, i am sure those have been scooped up already by management at my gamestop, i have to pay 42.99 for Ouendan for DS so i will not be able to buy much (i really want ouendan so i have been trying to save money for it) so i will mainly be looking for anything that is dirt cheap and decent.

I am pretty sure the gamestop i go to has like, hundreds of ps1 games in envelopes, also a huge pile of n64 crap that is insanely overpriced, i would imagine they will be clearing out this stuff and not carrying it anymore to make room for xbox 360 more DS stuff, gba micro, things that are coming out this holiday season. Gamestop i go to is in a plaza not a mall so there is a better chance of getting something good, i will probably be going in the afternoon.

The only question i have is are the games gonna be ready for sale on friday morning or will i have to wait until like 12 noon until the games are ready for sale to the public, thank you.

[quote name='SaraAB']Hehehe, dont worry i am not after the rare ps1 rpg's...[/QUOTE]
You never know though =\
My gamestop has tons of rare PS1 RPG's that I'm hoping to snatch up with this sale
' '

[quote name='green and white']ill ask again, wen does this sale end[/QUOTE]
First of all, english lessons aren't very expensive. Second off, it's a Labor Day sale. Therefore when labor day is over...
I'll let you do the math.

i asked my manager and he said its just alot of permanent markdowns that they are advertising as a sale to draw people in to buy more stuff to think they are getting a good deal.

I just purchased a copy of Valkyrie Profile at a Gamestop last Fri. Does someone here know anything about Gamestop's pricematching policy if it gets marked down?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']First of all, english lessons aren't very expensive. Second off, it's a Labor Day sale. Therefore when labor day is over...
I'll let you do the math.[/QUOTE]

ok have u ever used AIM, yea thats how most people type using the computer unless a school assignment

any way this deal best be good cuz i need sum good cheap live games

the deal only lasts till when labor day ends thats pretty stupid if its only 4 days

[quote name='rickc25']I just purchased a copy of Valkyrie Profile at a Gamestop last Fri. Does someone here know anything about Gamestop's pricematching policy if it gets marked down?[/QUOTE]

They'll usually PM up to seven days after purchase. So I think you can get some money back if the game does in fact get a mark-down.

Thanks. Good to know.

[quote name='Ecofreak']They'll usually PM up to seven days after purchase. So I think you can get some money back if the game does in fact get a mark-down.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='green and white']y do they have to be so secretive of the prices[/QUOTE]

this is about your 5 post in this thread and i have yet to understand a word of what you are saying. will you please use standard american engligh and ask your questions in a way that are both clear and cogent.

[quote name='green and white']ok have u ever used AIM, yea thats how most people type using the computer unless a school assignment

any way this deal best be good cuz i need sum good cheap live games

the deal only lasts till when labor day ends thats pretty stupid if its only 4 days[/QUOTE]

Is this AIM? Did I miss something?

bread's done
Back