Gamestop NEW Black Friday Ad Changes (Battlefield 4 $24.99, Ghosts $44.99) NOW LIVE!

Osmanny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE: Deals are Going Live!

Received a copy of the new Black Friday Ad last night at work.
Seems like they made some noticeable changes.
I've gone ahead and photographed all of the changes.

Just to clarify some things. Everything else in the ad should be exactly the same as the ad shown here: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameStop/Ad
I just pointed out the changes in the ad.

:360: :ps3: :pc: Battlefield 4 - $24.99
:360: :ps3: :wii: Just Dance 2014 - $14.99
:360: :ps3: :pc: Call of Duty: Ghosts - $44.99
20131121_023317.jpg
Another page confirming above price of Battlefield 4, and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
20131121_023343.jpg
Confirming Battlefield 4 price change available for PS3.
20131121_023411.jpg
Newly Listed:
PS4 - Just Dance 2014 $49.99
20131121_023359.jpg
Original PS Vita: Walking Dead Bundle - $199.99 replaced with:
PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi - $179.99
20131121_023444.jpg

You're all very welcome by the way. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used dollar off coupons on sale stuff in the past but with the POS update maybe they nixed it or maybe it's just how the BF stuff is set up.
Honestly, I was only trying the coupon because it had a 11/30 expiration date, and when it didn't work, I was planning on calling PUR to get my points refunded. However, now that seems like an impossibility thanks to the employee using the coupon anyway. :bomb:

I've used dollar off coupons on sale stuff in the past but with the POS update maybe they nixed it or maybe it's just how the BF stuff is set up.
It might be because of the Black Friday pricing. I used a $20.00 off PUR coupon when Dragon's Crown was on sale a few weeks ago and it worked without issue. Also this was after the POS update.

My Gamestop was absolutely horrible. I got there around 12:30 just to see if they had Xenoblade, which they did. So I got in line, and while the line was intimidating it didn't seem long enough that I would spend forever waiting. I checked out at 2:20. I spent 1:50 waiting in the most abhorrently slow line I've ever experienced.

That much time might've been worth it for Xenoblade since it's so rare, but I question the sanity of people willing to wait that long just for B2G1 when the games were almost certainly going to be there in the afternoon. I bet Xenoblade would've been there in the afternoon but I wasn't up to taking chances.
Sorry but I doubt Xenoblade is that rare after the reprint, more like its only sold at one chain store. Every store here still has them in stock according to the store locator, though this might be regional, there aren't too many people here who like RPG games, especially for a dead system like the Wii, and no one is buying Wii U's here. I wouldn't be surprised if other stores are sold out though. It was cheaper to buy it online with CAG16 and SAVER than going to the store. Original copies might be rare but other than the case I don't know if there is a way to tell an original from the reprint version. However for those like me who just want to play the game, this works out in our favor as paying $33 for this game with CAG16 and SAVER is way cheaper than the $50 launch price.

Unless you had the original and flipped it for a profit, then rebought the reprint version now for the cheaper price. That would have been the ideal way to go on this.

Have anyone gotten their PS+ codes yet? Getting close to a 12 hour wait and nothing since my order confirmation email.

However for those like me who just want to play the game, this works out in our favor as paying $33 for this game with CAG16 and SAVER is way cheaper than the $50 launch price.
Unless you had the original and flipped it for a profit, then rebought the reprint version now for the cheaper price. That would have been the ideal way to go on this.
If you ONLY wanted that one game, I can't see only getting it alone. I got it, MPT, and pokemon Y for $26 a piece, that's after tax (free ship) Granted their website was shite for over an hour (when it was getting hammered when the sale just started last night that is), but point is I still paid less for all three games, and didn't even bother with CAG 16 or Saver since they were offering free ship to begin with...

Went into a GS and Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade didn't ring up as B2G1. Was told they don't work because they're already on sale. Is that correct? Thinking of going to another store down the street to either get a free game or return the two I bought. Sorry if already answered. Posting from mobile in the cold, glanced up thread but didn't see it.

Picked up an Xbox 360 Holiday bundle and Splinter Cell/Battlefield 4. Finally able to play all these games that I have missed the past few years. Also, apparently they had quite a bit of Xbox Ones available, but sold out of PS4s. Not sure if most GS are like that.

If anyone has a Hastings nearby, they are offering $50 for a few games. I picked up 3 copies of BF4, Killzone SF, and AC4 for $150. Took them straight over to Hastings and got $250 store credit.

Went into a GS and Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade didn't ring up as B2G1. Was told they don't work because they're already on sale. Is that correct? Thinking of going to another store down the street to either get a free game or return the two I bought. Sorry if already answered. Posting from mobile in the cold, glanced up thread but didn't see it.
Uh...NO! GS's BF ad says "Buy 2 Get 1 Free On Any Pre-Owned Products" on the same page where it lists MPT and Xenoblade as "Collectible & Rare Pre-Owned Games".

There is seriously no reason they shouldn't be part of the B2G1.

I picked up Zombie U and had some other crap just to get the B2G1.  Wouldn't ring up that way.. manager said it wouldn't stack with the black friday pricing.  Didn't want the other crap anyways, so left with Zombie U for 10 bucks. 

BF4 still on the website for $25.  I gave in and bought one.

Already got three PS+ cards.  One digital from Amazon and then 2 physical cards being mailed to me from Best Buy

Uh...NO! GS's BF ad says "Buy 2 Get 1 Free On Any Pre-Owned Products" on the same page where it lists MPT and Xenoblade as "Collectible & Rare Pre-Owned Games".

There is seriously no reason they shouldn't be part of the B2G1.
Yes. This is true. Xenoblade and Metroid Prime do not count towards the B2G1 preowned. It just doesn't happen in the system. It could be because it is already on a great sale.. Almost $30 off.. Besides that point. In fine print under the B2G1 offer it does say "Cannot be combined with any other offer." This already is its own promotion. The Buy 2 Get One Free pre-Owned games are only for things that are not their own offer already. (Ex: Xenoblade/ Metroid) I tried to ring up some customers and it wouldnt go through then we saw the fine print. Sorry guys.

-- Side question. Has anyone been able to take advantage of the "Free Digital code with purchase of Starcraft II Heart of the Storm, Wings of Liberty or World of Warcraft Mists of Pandora." Offer?

This one:
20131122_133243-1.jpg

I tried ringing some customers up for this promotion and the card just wouldn't go through. Another customer purchased Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm and I did check on the receipt to see if the code was there but, nothing.

Before I pull the trigger, what the better game - BF4 for $25 or COD Ghost for $40?

Im planning on eventually getting a PS4 around Xmas time so will eventually upgrade for $10 - but I am wondering which is better to play now.  $15 is a big difference!

Okay so I went to Gamestop to get a 1 year PSN card and I had a $5 off any one gamestop item coupon (the PowerUp Rewards one) and tried to use it on the 1 year but they couldn't do it "because it was on sale" (and they asked the manager)?

Is this normal or just BS? I swear I've used them on games/items that were discounted before...
This exact thing happened to me. Luckily they had a preowned vault case for the vita, which i needed anyway, for $10 so i used it on that.

Went to ask about the free CoD: Ghosts when I trade in my old iPhone 4s that's just lying around, the employee had no clue about that deal... Only wanted it if it was free, wasn't going to pay money for it lol. Has anyone tried to trade in their htc one/iphone 4s and ask about the free call of duty?

If Xenoblade and Metroid Prime trilogy are supposed to be excluded from the buy 2 get 1 free Promo, then why is it going through just fine on the website, but not in the stores? You would think the promo would be consistent for both.

If Xenoblade and Metroid Prime trilogy are supposed to be excluded from the buy 2 get 1 free Promo, then why is it going through just fine on the website, but not in the stores? You would think the promo would be consistent for both.
^This. You actually might be able to argue for the B2G1 if you point this out.

Been on hold with Gamestop for 45 minutes. They can't be THAT busy. They must have like 3 CS reps.

If you buy Battlefield 4 can you still do the 10 dollar trade in deal to get the xbox one version?

2 Gamestop related questions

1 - Do $10, $20 off any item coupons from PowerUp rewards still stack as long as they aren't the same amount?

2 - Can I use those certificates on BF sale items or can they really only be used on full price items? I had a gamestop clerk refuse my coupon today, saying I couldn't use it with an item already on sale for BF.

Thanks in advance!

1 - Do $10, $20 off any item coupons from PowerUp rewards still stack as long as they aren't the same amount?

2 - Can I use those certificates on BF sale items or can they really only be used on full price items? I had a gamestop clerk refuse my coupon today, saying I couldn't use it with an item already on sale for BF.

Thanks in advance!
I have a question to add to that, can we do the trade 2 promotion towards a sale item (i.e. Battlefield 4)?

Sorry if this has already been answered 1000 times, but how long are these prices good for in store? Will they last through Friday only? I'm specifically looking to get a $19.99 kinect sensor.

A followup to my own post. After seeing that B2G1 works online, I went in to another GS and spoke to a manager. He agreed that the promotion should, in his own words, "of course" apply. He gave a clerk detailed instructions for a return/rebuy. All very helpful. The clerk processed the return/rebuy, but when he got to the final screen, the promotion would not apply. The manager came over and basically said "Oh yeah, it won't work. They're already on sale." I showed him the promotion working on the mobile website and he said it didn't matter. So I returned the games and told him I'd just buy them online.

This is the part of modern retail shopping that frustrated me the most -- that human workers are basically slaves to whatever the computer says. There seems to be increasingly less customer service, even when it's based in logic rather than irrational or entitled customer demands.

Thanks in advance!
1) Different amounts will stack. LIke a $5 and $10 but 2 $10 won't no matter what :/

2) Coupons don't work on BF items this year. I tried earlier when I got a Vita Memory Card and Deadpool. :cry: They did however work on my YS Celceta CE for Vita. So the system must have locked them out. I swear I was able to use coupons last year on top of BF prices.

Got a KH 1.5 LE with artbook. Mine had one left. I also ordered it from SE's store sale, but picked one up today out of fear that they won't sent the LE. If they send the LE, I'll sell it or gift it to someone.

Guaranteed to break even with the LE at the very least. They are getting hard to find. I could probably get $40 or more on ebay for it.

Also while I was in there buying one of those four years I also bought a $25 Kindle card and used a $10 coupon on it. They had to do them separate because it just wouldn't take the coupon in the same transaction.

I'm ps+ until February 2020. I'm still thinking about grabbing one more. Am I nuts?
I limited myself to four new cards so now I have five years to redeem once they run a promo. Trying not to focus on that it was still $120 but that if they run another 3 free months with a year promo I'll have five years and more games than I can play in that time.

A followup to my own post. After seeing that B2G1 works online, I went in to another GS and spoke to a manager. He agreed that the promotion should, in his own words, "of course" apply. He gave a clerk detailed instructions for a return/rebuy. All very helpful. The clerk processed the return/rebuy, but when he got to the final screen, the promotion would not apply. The manager came over and basically said "Oh yeah, it won't work. They're already on sale." I showed him the promotion working on the mobile website and he said it didn't matter. So I returned the games and told him I'd just buy them online.

This is the part of modern retail shopping that frustrated me the most -- that human workers are basically slaves to whatever the computer says. There seems to be increasingly less customer service, even when it's based in logic rather than irrational or entitled customer demands.
It wouldn't work for me in-store either. It all comes down to a dumb quirk with how the systems are programmed.

Online: The actual prices of the games are lowered to a $39.99 sale price I believe, so the B2G1 promo applies no problem.

In-store: The actual prices of the games are the regular prices ($69.99 for Xenoblade and $59.99 for MPT). The system applies a promo (promo #15306) that discounts Xenoblade by $30 or MPT by $20. If you attempt to buy a third Xenoblbade/MPT or $40ish game to get the B2G1 promo (promo #15321), the system logic basically says: "fuck you, you can't get 2 promos on the same game(s). You can only get one. I will now do my calculations to give you the better one of the two. Promo #15306 (Xenoblade/MPT discount) discounts $40-$90 total, while promo #15321 (B2G1) discounts less than $40 total. The former has a bigger discount for you, so I will give you that one only."

Sorry if this has already been answered 1000 times, but how long are these prices good for in store? Will they last through Friday only? I'm specifically looking to get a $19.99 kinect sensor.
The section of the ad with the Kinect Sensor says those prices are good for 3 days so you should be fine until Sunday.

Got a KH 1.5 LE with artbook. Mine had one left. I also ordered it from SE's store sale, but picked one up today out of fear that they won't sent the LE. If they send the LE, I'll sell it or gift it to someone.

Guaranteed to break even with the LE at the very least. They are getting hard to find. I could probably get $40 or more on ebay for it.
I thought they were getting harder too. Till I went to Target and saw a crap load. Made me a little mad hunting around for it at launch and every Target I've been to after I got it has tons.

Easiest Explanation is that they only allow 1 order per person (They did limit how many i could buy) it may just be the system finally working
Hopefully that's it and not BoA being retarded again and flagging random purchases I do as "suspicious" 'cus I just ordered a replacement with walmart.

bread's done
Back