Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
A Gamestop is closing in my area. Does anybody happen to know if they just distribute the merchandise to other locations or do they attempt to clearance out some of the merchandise?

A Gamestop is closing in my area. Does anybody happen to know if they just distribute the merchandise to other locations or do they attempt to clearance out some of the merchandise?
The one store that I saw close last year just sent all their stuff to local stores or back to HQ, though they closed because the property owner ended the lease early.

The one store that I saw close last year just sent all their stuff to local stores or back to HQ, though they closed because the property owner ended the lease early.
Store is inside a mall so it probably has something to do with the rent as well. Thanks.

When I picked up MHW CE the employee was complaining about having to manually scan in 700+ items that came in from a nearby store closure.

I had made a preorder at the store that closed around a week prior to this and they had no signs or anything to indicate they would be closing.

Does anyone know the stipulations on the new trade offer? I am interested in trading my OG PS4 towards a Pro if they will give me $350 for it

Fine print:

Offer valid 1/26/18 - 2/11/18. Valid toward purchase of a new PS4 Pro. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Does anyone know the stipulations on the new trade offer? I am interested in trading my OG PS4 towards a Pro if they will give me $350 for it
It's been discussed before, sadly not new. The $350 is only for an Xbox One X. You'll get base value + I think a $50 bonus that they've been doing for a bit now.

It's been discussed before, sadly not new. The $350 is only for an Xbox One X. You'll get base value + I think a $50 bonus that they've been doing for a bit now.
Ah, so the towards a PS4 Pro part of the ad is really meaningless then? No bonus specifically for that?

Does anyone know the stipulations on the new trade offer? I am interested in trading my OG PS4 towards a Pro if
they will give me $350 for it

Fine print:

Offer valid 1/26/18 - 2/11/18. Valid toward purchase of a new PS4 Pro. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
I’m interested too, but most likely it’s like 50-80ish extra credit, and the 350 comes from the trades value of a xbox one x ( 280 ) + 70extra. The other values will probably be close to like 200 total credit towards a PS4 pro for like a PS4 slim

Is this seriously the first you've encountered the fact that Nintendo games can appreciate in value?
What? Someone asked if anyone else noticed a price increase for retro games and I pointed out one that I did, specifically a game I was considering getting at a great deal. Gamestop definitely raised the prices on a lot of their retro stuff, I was just agreeing that they had. Also, the game hasn't "appreciated" in value at all. I've collected, bought, and sold retro games for the better part of a decade, and for the last few years Mario RPG has fluctuated between 45 and 60. Gamestop just sold their stuff under going rate. They didn't raise it because it's value went up, they raised it to meet average ebay sold prices. So hey, way to be both wrong and a dick at the same time.

Ah, so the towards a PS4 Pro part of the ad is really meaningless then? No bonus specifically for that?
Called my local gamestop and was told you get $350 for an Xbox One X, $200 for a PS4 Launch 500GB when used specifically towards a new PS4 Pro.

Does gamestop still give xbox live currency when you buy a digital game?

Do digital purchases count towards  "trade in towards title X and get % off" promos?

Do digital purchases count towards "trade in towards title X and get % off" promos?
Yes. When you buy an xbox digital game you're essentially getting the equivalent amount in xbox live currency. For example, DBFighterZ is $59.99 for digital. You'd pay $59.99 (+ tax if applicable) and get a code. When you use the code on xbox it loads currency equivalent to what you paid and not the game itself. You could then use the currency to purchase whatever you want.

As far as whether you get the trade boost for digital purchases it depends. I've seen it on some dlc offers. But I'm not sure on these preorder/newly released titles currently running. You can always try it and if it doesn't ring up as expected, then don't complete the transaction.

Do digital purchases count towards "trade in towards title X and get % off" promos?
It depends on the title. Sometimes GameStop has a code that redeems for the actual game (ReCore) and sometimes the code is just for Xbox money to buy the game from the Xbox Store (Desiny: Rise of Iron expansion).

No they do not.

Are those 40%+ trade in promotions typically random or do they happen typically around the same time every year. 

I currently got $150+ worth of games to trade in but I might as well wait for one of those promotions to get the best value out of it. 

Are those 40%+ trade in promotions typically random or do they happen typically around the same time every year.

I currently got $150+ worth of games to trade in but I might as well wait for one of those promotions to get the best value out of it.
The 40% (20 more then usual) usually is for select pre orders or new games. So it has been pretty regular. Any other bumps are kind of random

Called my local gamestop and was told you get $350 for an Xbox One X, $200 for a PS4 Launch 500GB when used specifically towards a new PS4 Pro.
Does somebody know how much from a PS4 Pro, Switch, and Xbox S 500GB towards the PS4 Pro?

I went to the store to ask but there was only one guy there and Idk if he was just being lazy or didn't know how to check but he kept telling me that you get an additional $50 on top of base value. Just to test him, I asked "So which console is the one that gives $350 towards the Pro?" He said "None, because it says UP to $350 but none of them gets to $350 when you add the $50" I said "That doesn't make sense, otherwise they can say Up to $500 trade in credit but still get the base plus $50" He said, correct. And that was my cue to say "okay, thanks (for nothing)"

There are both elite and pro memberships at GameStop? Jesus Christ what a nightmare, no wonder I buy almost all my games digital now.

Does somebody know how much from a PS4 Pro, Switch, and Xbox S 500GB towards the PS4 Pro?

I went to the store to ask but there was only one guy there and Idk if he was just being lazy or didn't know how to check but he kept telling me that you get an additional $50 on top of base value. Just to test him, I asked "So which console is the one that gives $350 towards the Pro?" He said "None, because it says UP to $350 but none of them gets to $350 when you add the $50" I said "That doesn't make sense, otherwise they can say Up to $500 trade in credit but still get the base plus $50" He said, correct. And that was my cue to say "okay, thanks (for nothing)"
This happened to me initially. The newest promo started 1/26/18, but the $50 extra has been running for a month. The guy I talked to had no idea about the new promo until he checked on his computer. The only way to see the full terms of this new promo is in gamestop's internal system as far as I can figure.

This happened to me initially. The newest promo started 1/26/18, but the $50 extra has been running for a month. The guy I talked to had no idea about the new promo until he checked on his computer. The only way to see the full terms of this new promo is in gamestop's internal system as far as I can figure.
Yeah, I showed it to him from my phone but it didn't help the poor guy. He was just one of those clerks that you just know they don't know what's going on. I guess I have been a GameStop customer for so long, that you get differentiate them from one another. In those cases, I have to make the decision of either I want to educate them on how their system works, or just walk out and come back another time. Today I was on my lunch hour, so no choice but to walk out.

I asked him if he could make a mock transaction so I don't have to erase my console's info and unhook everything, etc etc. He said he couldn't because he would need serial numbers from the consoles in order to make the transaction. I'm sad that I didn't have time because otherwise, I would have told him that n that case, I wanted to buy a console just to we can check the trade in promo and then return it right away. That way I am not the only one who leaves annoyed :)

Yes, they do.
You're right. In my example for D:RoI, I believe they had the trade-in promo for that game and it was only available digitally.

But surely when a video game is part of the promo, it only applies to the physical version right? To apply it to a digital version would require a manual override?

You're right. In my example for D:RoI, I believe they had the trade-in promo for that game and it was only available digitally.

But surely when a video game is part of the promo, it only applies to the physical version right? To apply it to a digital version would require a manual override?
No. Lately they have been allowing it for digital too. It worked for monster Hunter world.

There are both elite and pro memberships at GameStop? Jesus Christ what a nightmare, no wonder I buy almost all my games digital now.
i can choose between 10% off and 20% off now, what a nightmare. so I buy digital games for 0% off minus a sale which there are on retail games... how does this make sense

Today is one day only Pokemon event but I think it only covers non-game items

Sorry I deleted the email because Pokemon are evil, so I don’t have all the details

Today is one day only Pokemon event but I think it only covers non-game items

Sorry I deleted the email because Pokemon are evil, so I don’t have all the details
Email screenshots below. Dug out of email trash because "Mama says Pokémon is the devil."
21e4b713ef40ae2c1f5b0f03a9141136.jpg
5e76e7d66cd220cd22d8e234b2cea832.jpg
7f8f1b71ba951e58477c04facac11de6.jpg
d3bcc26582464dd160cf5f51c3225bdd.jpg
d9079b1787efd99e28a1c779a81040bb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back