Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I would be trading both a switch console, and xbox one s, 3 switch games ($50ish a piece if the 70% is legit), and an old iPhone. Should get around the $600 total needed for 2 switches. I was just worried about the optics of returning 2 switches. I guess I could go to three stores (1 to buy and 1 to return each).
FYI - If an employee wants to, they can see the last five items bought/traded/returned from recent transactions. If your most recent transaction has more than five items on it, then it would only show five of those items and not the whole transaction.

Just to be clear. You get the 70% credit towards trade ins when you purchase ANY Switch game? So I can go in with a bunch of trades and buy Has Been Heroes and still get the 70% bump?

Is 70% towards new games only?
948x200_70_Trade_Switch.jpg

Has anyone traded in a switch where the Joy cons don't stay on snug? My kids switch is a year old and has this issue, was wondering what they do. Was debating trading it in for $250 and get a new one.
I would look into just getting new Joycons. My launch Joycons were a little wiggly, but I just got the new Splatoon ones and they are pretty much rock solid and feel great.

Yeah, the $50 bonus toward new switch consoles means a switch trade-in is $250 and a base 500gb xbox one s is $130...not too shabby.
Wait there's a $50 bonus? I thought it was just 25% extra right now. Man there are so many promos flying around I'm getting confused.

Wow, you guys are impressive (no sarcasm). Here I am, staring at my backlog, trying to figure out which games I'm willing to give up for the 70% bonus and figuring about $10-$15 profit after all said and done. Then I come in here, see you talking about games released 10 years ago that you picked up from garage sales and been hanging onto, waiting for the base TiV to go up by $2. Hats off to you all.

Wow, you guys are impressive (no sarcasm). Here I am, staring at my backlog, trying to figure out which games I'm willing to give up for the 70% bonus and figuring about $10-$15 profit after all said and done. Then I come in here, see you talking about games released 10 years ago that you picked up from garage sales and been hanging onto, waiting for the base TiV to go up by $2. Hats off to you all.
I have a great working relation with my local store because I trade in games from all generations instead of just looking for the high TIV games. It helps their profits because they have a selection of good older selling games and newer games. A box full of $5 TIV games adds up pretty quickly when you have a promo like this going.

Seems like this'll be a good opportunity to use some horded PUR points so they can stop commenting on them every time I buy a game. Still kinda holding out hope for half off BF certs but we know how well that worked out last year lol
That actually got really annoying the amount of employees including some I knew who hounded me to use my points for anything right then and there.

I'm not sure what would make you think the 25% and $50 extra toward switch on console trades would stack (if they did, used switches would be trading at $300, so you could just walk in with a used one and get a new one...). I'm leaning towards doing the trade so I will report back with my findings if I do.

By the way the 40% that includes accessories has been expanded to include pre orders of any upcoming switch games so you don't need sea of thieves or dragon Ball.

Just traded in some games and got 70% TIV for buying Has Been Heroes.  Got tired of waiting for my 50% bonus TIV scratcher to pop up in Active Offers.

Congratulations to anyone who picked up Jurassic Park Studio Tour for OG Xbox, Sonic Racing and Sims 3 Pets for 360 at yard sales for $1 over the years.

Edit: and that Barbie horse adventures game people always used to make fun of the redundancy of backwards compatibility

Congratulations to anyone who picked up Jurassic Park Studio Tour for OG Xbox, Sonic Racing and Sims 3 Pets for 360 at yard sales for $1 over the years.

Edit: and that Barbie horse adventures game people always used to make fun of the redundancy of backwards compatibility
?

Only have one b2g1 code so looks like I’ll find 3 high value switch games then trade in for has been heroes. Wish I had more cause this would make a killing.

Good day of flipping today. Hit the jackpot and found a bunch of used switch games. I also renewed my Elite membership because I'm getting a ton of points. I decided to get rid of my backlog. It's no big deal since I'll just buy them again with reward certificates. Has been Heroes was the true hero today. I got 70% extra trade in credit because of it and my 50% extra trade in credit scratch off.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I have a couple questions you guys may be able to answer:

Does the 70% bonus credit only work for immediate in store purchases or does it work for pre-orders? The offer doesn't really specify. I do see there is a separate one for 40% with pre-orders.

Does the 25% system bonus work for retro consoles? I have an old NES and GBA wasting away in boxes I want to get rid of.

Thanks for your time.

Good day of flipping today. Hit the jackpot and found a bunch of used switch games. I also renewed my Elite membership because I'm getting a ton of points. I decided to get rid of my backlog. It's no big deal since I'll just buy them again with reward certificates. Has been Heroes was the true hero today. I got 70% extra trade in credit because of it and my 50% extra trade in credit scratch off.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
So the 50% coupon stacks with the 70%?

I had heard/read that they can see the last 5 items if they want to look, but not stuff from the same day. So if you've just come from another store they shouldn't know.
When I was busted doing a boomerang it was because JD #1 called store #2 and told them he thought I was scamming them. JD then proceeded to text manager #2 a photo of the pos screen with my transaction pulled up.

Manager #2 refused to take my trades. He said he could take other games, and he could sell me games but he wouldn't take the games he knew I had just bought from Gamestop.

I did not get a hard ban. The store I normally do big trades in hadn't heard anything about it, they would definitely tell me. This is the store that called and asked me to come do a big trade and purchase to boost their numbers. I'm pretty sure it stayed contained to those two stores and I won't use JD#1's store for anything other than returns now.

Moral of the story: they still can't see same day transactions through the POS.

I hate being that guy...either I'm blind or slow...but can I trade in multiple games towards a switch system and get the 70% bonus? Or is literally just one game for one game?

I hate being that guy...either I'm blind or slow...but can I trade in multiple games towards a switch system and get the 70% bonus? Or is literally just one game for one game?
No matter what your number of trades is on one transaction, each game will get boost when you buy a new switch game in the same transaction.

So I just came back from gamestop and realized they only applied 50% extra trade in instead of the 60% for being a pro member. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just going to have to suck up the ~$10 loss?

NVM I'm an idiot and forgot I opened a pro account on my brother's name and I gave them the number of an old account, fuck sake 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back