Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - I do have the best intentions to play, but I know it will likely gather dust in the backlog. I recently re-collected most of the 360 Clancy games. Great memories playing them the first time.

I do flip though. :whistle2:
I'm not knocking flipping games at all. We all do it here, especially me. It was just really nice to read someone say hey I'm playing these games instead of I bought 30 something games or whatever to flip/ boomerang.

Yes. Only difference is, you could get away with having multiple Pro accounts, since it would only be linked to that account in this case. Stores is my area do not ask for ID for trade credit (only cash), so you could have 2 Elite accounts (yourself and a "friend" or "family member") and do ~4k in 30 days (in theory) but keeping just under the limit on each.
Thanks for the info, will definitely be looking into a second account.

Today’s flip report:

tenor.gif

They hiked the price up on pre-owned PS3 games. From what I've seen so far Black Ops and Ninja Gaiden Sigma ($4.99 > $9.99). Probably a lot more that they did that to as well.

They hiked the price up on pre-owned PS3 games. From what I've seen so far Black Ops and Ninja Gaiden Sigma ($4.99 > $9.99). Probably a lot more that they did that to as well.
This is stuff I got from the 4/$10 deal that has also seen a price hike:

The Last of Us $9.99

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag $6.99

WWE 2K14 $9.99

Devil May Cry 4 $9.99

Prototype $7.99

Red Dead Redemption $14.99 (I wish I bought more of these, I enjoyed flipping it back to them last week for that 70% bonus)

Resident Evil 5 $6.99

Valkyria Chronicles $9.99

Borderlands $7.99

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $6.99

Metro Last Light $6.99

Others include

Battlefield 4 $9.99
Wolfenstein $14.99

WWE '13 $9.99

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY 3D $9.99

Battlefield Bad Company $9.99

Thanks - I do have the best intentions to play, but I know it will likely gather dust in the backlog. I recently re-collected most of the 360 Clancy games. Great memories playing them the first time.

I do flip though. :whistle2:
What games do you usually flip or do you wait for the 4 for $10 deals to come out? Are people flipping older game system games? Selling them on eBay or back to the store? I never really thought of useing gamestop for flipping purposes. I guess I’ll have to watch the adds more closely.

Is it just me, or have we not seen deals of Apple, PS+, Xbox Live, Eshop, Netflix, Hulu, etc. cards from Gamestop in forever?

I was going to go buy Lost Odyssey, Magna Carta 2, and Metal Last Remnant...but nope, all prices doubled so I come out worse than I would by buying them separately with no B2G1.

You guys aren't kidding.  Huge number of price increases for 360/PS3 games.  It's even more ridiculous that they do it in the MIDDLE of a sale (instead of before the sale starts).  It feels so much more "we got you!" egregious this way - like they want you to know that they just negated their own sale to be dicks.  God, gamestop is so slimy. 

Does anyone who has purchased a Whole Foods gift card from GameStop happen to have the Sku number from the receipt? Thanks

Went to my favorite GameStop, a prestige store. The dude says, "you come here all the time, here's something for free." He hands me a lottery ticket, I go "man, what I look like a charity case?" I took it, but threw it on the ground.
You’re not a part of this system. You’re an adult.

You guys aren't kidding. Huge number of price increases for 360/PS3 games. It's even more ridiculous that they do it in the MIDDLE of a sale (instead of before the sale starts). It feels so much more "we got you!" egregious this way - like they want you to know that they just negated their own sale to be dicks. God, gamestop is so slimy.
Not to defend GS, but you know they do stock checks, right? What's also possible is GS saw inventories of certain games go down quite a bit and decided to raise those prices. It's not a new idea. Really no different than when Amazon drops and raises their prices within hours or sometimes even minutes. GameStop is just slower to respond given they're b&m.

The manager at one of my local stores just JDed me I believe. Refused to let me pre-order a switch game or buy a cheap one, ala Has Been or troll & I,, made me buy Odyssey to trigger the bonus. Definitely wrote down my name.

The worst they can do is a 90-day trade ban right? At first?
Report him... its what I do to all JD usually say I was being harrassed by the employee. It goes to the DM and they handle it. I have had a few people from GS fired by reporting them every time I go in there and had a girl moved to a different store for making me put in 5 preorders with my 300$ in credit I got from a trade. If you are polite to most and share your story with good employees or rather ones that just want to do their job you will have back up.

You guys aren't kidding. Huge number of price increases for 360/PS3 games. It's even more ridiculous that they do it in the MIDDLE of a sale (instead of before the sale starts). It feels so much more "we got you!" egregious this way - like they want you to know that they just negated their own sale to be dicks. God, gamestop is so slimy.

Not to defend GS, but you know they do stock checks, right? What's also possible is GS saw inventories of certain games go down quite a bit and decided to raise those prices. It's not a new idea. Really no different than when Amazon drops and raises their prices within hours or sometimes even minutes. GameStop is just slower to respond given they're b&m.
Yeah, when I saw the prices go up I assumed this was just algorithms at play. Y'all dried up the stock going on your flipping sprees, so the machines bumped up the prices due to lower supplier and higher demand. Doubt there is a room of GS execs twirling their mustaches, laughing as they push the big red "Increase used prices on :360: games" button.

Or maybe I'm the GS mole, and I raised the prices myself. :cool:

Aw damnit, those price hikes killed me. Had my whole route charted out for today but all the games on my list went up at least $5 apiece. Should have expected it since it's Wednesday and all but I didn't think they would jack everything up this much in the middle of a sale. I guess this is the gamestop gods telling me to dip into my backlog and wait for a new sale.

I got lucky. I bought a bunch of games last night from Gamestop but the guy was new so it took him forever. My plan was to go to another gamestop and trade those in. However, since he took forever, the other Gamestop closed so I will trade in today. Some of the TIV went up and others stayed the same.

By the way, I've said it before and I'll just reiterate it. You don't have to keep the Switch games you buy to get the trade in bonus.

1. Buy any Switch game.

2. Ask for a gift receipt.

3. Return the game with the gift receipt (preferably another day or to a different Gamestop)

4. Get back your money.

I was successful in doing this 3 times over the last 2 days. Not once did I have a problem.

Gamestop knows in order to survive they have to be (1) more competitive and (2) do a better job with pricing algorithms to control inventory while maximizing profitability.

So while they may start offering better deals prices will be more volatile in response to suply and demand.

By the way, I've said it before and I'll just reiterate it. You don't have to keep the Switch games you buy to get the trade in bonus.

1. Buy any Switch game.

3. Return the game with the gift receipt (preferably another day or to a different Gamestop)

4. Get back your money.

I was successful in doing this 3 times over the last 2 days. Not once did I have a problem.
That's called 'Bringing to much attention to urself' and 'being the asshole that buys/returns to get a bonus'.

“It is a blessing for a man to have a hand in determining his own trade in values.”- Blackbeard. May he rest in peace

Are we able to use multiple certificates at Gamestop? LIke $15 off pre-owned and a Buy 2 get 1 free?
Yes. But as discussed previously in the thread doing so is point less if all games are of equal value. The game that gets the 15 off will end being free. However, if one game is 15 more than the other 2 than this may be useful.

$ off certs always get applied first before other certs and are applied to the item of highest value in a transaction.

Hi guys. i'm looking to pick up a newer xbone controller so i can connect wirelessly to my pc (via Bluetooth). i see we have the guaranteed $25 on a controller trade promo, so i guess i could do that with one of my current controllers. anyone have any other suggestions on the CAGiest way i could get this done?

i thought i saw a promo the other day, something about trading in a controller towards another controller, but now i cant find it at all and wondering if i was dreaming or something.

thanks gents.

Hi guys. i'm looking to pick up a newer xbone controller so i can connect wirelessly to my pc (via Bluetooth). i see we have the guaranteed $25 on a controller trade promo, so i guess i could do that with one of my current controllers. anyone have any other suggestions on the CAGiest way i could get this done?

i thought i saw a promo the other day, something about trading in a controller towards another controller, but now i cant find it at all and wondering if i was dreaming or something.

thanks gents.
There was a $30 guaranteed towards another controller promo but it ended yesterday. Most you can get right now is $35 with the 40% trade promo if your elite.

thanks gents.
I can only tell you I saw on the website earlier today there is now a 25% bonus if you trade in a controller (towards anything, it seems). I guess that doesn't help you much, but the xbox controllers all seem to have $25 TIV for regular members, so that would be $31.25 credit towards a purchase.

BTW, it shows the black ps4 dualshock to be worth .01 cent. Is that correct? Would they really have too many of those simply because of the color? The others all list at $25.

Is there a B2G1 on 360 games or something?

I called my local Gamestop and they said that it's B2G1 free when you buy a system. What bs is that?
There are two different B2G1 deals going on right now, as detailed in the ad:

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE on Pre-Owned Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo DS & Wii Games

BUY ANY PRE-OWNED PS4 OR XBOX ONE SYSTEM to get BUY 2 GET 1 FREE on any Pre-Owned PS4 or Xbox One games

Both end on 3/18.

1. Buy any Switch game.

4. Get back your money.

I usually just end up trading the bump game back in when they have another trade deal.

I hate the way GameStop employees insist the system always give you the best deal possible. Went in to buy a used switch pro controller (basically mint). Thought I was going to get it for $47.99 (elite price) minus $40 worth of coupons, plus tax. Of course it uses the coupons first, resulting in an almost $10 more total charge because the 20% off is taken off the reduced total, not the $60 price. *Facepalm* shod have seen that coming.

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't find an answer in the last few pages. Do the PUR Pro renewal coupons for B2G1 work on multiple sets of games in a transaction or just one bundle?

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't find an answer in the last few pages. Do the PUR Pro renewal coupons for B2G1 work on multiple sets of games in a transaction or just one bundle?
Until we hear otherwise from someone in this thread, we assume they only work on one group of three games.

I hate the way GameStop employees insist the system always give you the best deal possible. Went in to buy a used switch pro controller (basically mint). Thought I was going to get it for $47.99 (elite price) minus $40 worth of coupons, plus tax. Of course it uses the coupons first, resulting in an almost $10 more total charge because the 20% off is taken off the reduced total, not the $60 price. *Facepalm* shod have seen that coming.
It’s easy to forget that your 20% discount is in the points.

15.99 + 32 worth of points is 47.99. Only paid tax on 15.99 so yes it was the better deal.

I hate it when GameStop has some sort of trade-in promo on an item and the trade value shows $.01 online so that they can hide what you're actually going to get before going into store. I assume controllers are still going for $25 base + the advertised 25% bonus (and then whatever your Pro/Elite Pro bonus is on the base). So... $33.75 for a Dualshock 4 with regular pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back