Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shit got a Prestige store 30 mins from me.

So Switch games at base of 35 times 1.5? (.4 for NNK and .1 for Prestige day)?

The 40% offer says it can’t be combined but I wonder if the Prestige thing is an exception.

Here is some more random knowledge I usually keep to myself.

Cheap games are great to trade to local area pawnshops. My local pawnshops like the games to have original cases and be in reasonable shape. Currently you can do B2G1 free. They are 2.39 currently on gamestop's website and in store. If you buy 3 they end up being 1.59 each. Not as good as the dollar games a couple weeks ago.

The local pawn shops I visit do 2 for 1 so I usually can get a better game out of the trade that has a higher TIV than the cost of the 2 games together. Sometimes they buy them as well and usually it equates to about $3 a game. Cost may vary in your area or they might not even take video games.

Might be something worth looking into.
I do this all the time. It's how I got a copy of Beyond 2 Souls/Heavy Rain, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, and a Donkey Kong Game and Watch, LOL!

I actually had an employee ring up WWE2K17 as 2k15. didnt notice til I walked out the door. went back in, manager had me retrade in 2k17 for the correct value and then said he will just right off 2k15 for shrink.
I walked out the door and noticed that when I traded in the good Need for Speed Most Wanted, they put it as Most Wanted 12. I was expecting a terrific 25 or so in credit, but got around 4. I kind of want to do something like you did, but instead, maybe I'll just return in a week and inquire about purchasing it...

Did I ever tell y’all the story of the bank drive through teller/atm that was converted to a Sally Beauty Supply up in Syracuse?

Imagine that, a drive through makeup shop.

Did I ever tell y’all the story of the bank drive through teller/atm that was converted to a Sally Beauty Supply up in Syracuse?

Imagine that, a drive through makeup shop.
Woman pulls up in her car, attendant take one look and say, "Sorry, I ain't got nothing that can fix that mug. Bye bye."

By the way, to do a proper survey do you have lie and say you traded and bought an item and things of that nature, I know most retailers with surveys consider anything less than a perfect ten or strongly agree t be a total failure/bad review. For like being honest “did you buy anything today” when your receipt is entirely trades or pre orders, would that accidentally screw over the poor employee?

By the way, to do a proper survey do you have lie and say you traded and bought an item and things of that nature, I know most retailers with surveys consider anything less than a perfect ten or strongly agree t be a total failure/bad review. For like being honest “did you buy anything today” when your receipt is entirely trades or pre orders, would that accidentally screw over the poor employee?
In those cases, for the follow-up question "Why didn't you buy anything today?", I always go with "Other" and type "I visited the store only to conduct a trade-in" or something along those lines.

Can you renew your elite membership repeatedly the same way we could with Pro? For example, if I just renewed mine last week to sept 2019, can I do it again to sept 2020 or will the system say no?
I just renewed my Elite with PUR points, and I renewed three weeks ago. The coupon for $10 extra trade for select Switch games printed on my receipt valid through 3/31 as well.

So yes you can.

I don't have an Elite membership but I use my friends. Where is this extra $10 Switch trade in coupon located? I might trade in the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I just bought to make some money back

The BB Switch games that are on sale this week also got a bump. If you don’t have a $10 coupon, the $5 extra per Switch game traded is also still valid. Not as good as the $10, but better than the 40%.
Was there a BB sale not in their weekly ad? The ad in the sticky thread really doesn't show much in Switch sales.

My local store lost prestige status due to it being Christmas season last quarter & people complaining regarding the time spent in line based on the metrics they received back.

BTW there's an Easter Sale that starts on Sunday that will run that week. Usual suspects regarding deals (i.e. GTA V $29.99 etc.). The PS4 Playlink titles are all on sale for $4.99 each. I'll post highlights later when I get home from work ;)

Just my luck. I hit all my limits on all the switch games except for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2. The only switch games in stock are scattered between two stores. I could do a return rebuy on FE Warriors and buy it along with Splatoon 2 and XB2. Does the B2G1 free from renewal only work on one set? is it worth it to get Lego switch games from BB?

I would like to know if one coupon will give $10 to all games traded. Xenoblade chronicles 2 is one of them.
it will, I traded in 4 of the games on that coupon and got the credit on each one of them. Just remember it's a one time use, so make sure you trade them in one transaction.

My local store lost prestige status due to it being Christmas season last quarter & people complaining regarding the time spent in line based on the metrics they received back.

BTW there's an Easter Sale that starts on Sunday that will run that week. Usual suspects regarding deals (i.e. GTA V $29.99 etc.). The PS4 Playlink titles are all on sale for $4.99 each. I'll post highlights later when I get home from work ;)
Wonder if that GTA deal comes with a shark card this time...

Just my luck. I hit all my limits on all the switch games except for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2. The only switch games in stock are scattered between two stores. I could do a return rebuy on FE Warriors and buy it along with Splatoon 2 and XB2. Does the B2G1 free from renewal only work on one set? is it worth it to get Lego switch games from BB?
I was able to do three sets, but YMMV.

I went inside two Gamestops this afternoon and asked if they were  prestige (both had front door prestige signs up). They each said yes, and now im looking up online, it shows neither as prestige, and my home store was made prestige like two months ago, not showing prestige either. I feel like the webpage showing prestige stores is broken?

Pretty good day, got 1 copy of Lego Marvel, 2 of Lego Worlds and Lego Ninjago. Traded them along with my own Bayonetta 2 and Bomberman R, put almost $160 on a Ni No Kuni 2 pre-order. Still got 2 more to trade tomorrow along with some possible stuff.

Was gonna pay the full MSRP out of pocket for Ni No Kuni anyway so I came out $42 ahead already not counting the two I haven't traded yet.

Pretty good day, got 1 copy of Lego Marvel, 2 of Lego Worlds and Lego Ninjago. Traded them along with my own Bayonetta 2 and Bomberman R, put almost $160 on a Ni No Kuni 2 pre-order. Still got 2 more to trade tomorrow along with some possible stuff.

Was gonna pay the full MSRP out of pocket for Ni No Kuni anyway so I came out $42 ahead already not counting the two I haven't traded yet.
How were you able to trade in more than one copy of Lego worlds at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back